[PP-F4] Something to do? (Moartea & Mari) (Complete)

Moartea nodded and pulled away the last rock and found the glowing ore, it was the Adamantite ore, as he looked at it, it was a large vein, and he pulled out his pickax. "This is mine, I will make my own Adamantite armor, and i will wear it with honor." He says as he taps the ore and the sound that resonated was something he never heard about, a light humming sound, and the chime of some unknown origin, as it reminded him of church bells and chorus voices. With that out of his head he began to tap it more, finding the area he though suitable to mine at, and he found it, as the sound was higher than before and he brought his pickax up and smiled. 

Edit: And with a mighty swing the ore shard broke off, and he picked it up, it was the ore that he heard about, as he opened up the information and smiled, "Yep, this is Adamantite ore, and its all mine now." "Mari lets... the torch!He said as the light was almost dimming away, and he knew they had only a few seconds left of light, as he saw it flickering away, he placed his hand on Mari's shoulder and kept it there, "Mari. stay close, were going to another place on this floor that has more Ore, and no dark caves." As he saw the light fade, and it become dark, suddenly the whole room filled up with a blue light, as the once clear crystals Moartea saw littering the place glew and made the room illuminate.

Moartea took his hand off Mari's shoulder and examined one crystal near him, "They must only activate when no light is around.... interesting." He said as he sat down and looked up at Mari, patting the ground next to him, "Sit, lets rest, we won't have to worry about light for now." As that was the case for the crystals illuminating the room, making the minerals and ores slimmer in the light.

#ID: 1905

BD: 2

CD: 7

LD: 20
MOB: 5

-Loot Dice Results-

LD: 20 (Success)

Result: Gained 1 Material (Adamantite ore)

-Miscellaneous information-

Torch: Lasts 0 Turns (Dead on Maris turn)

New info: Light Crystals prevent effects of low light vision.

-1 to all Dice rolls when crystals emit no light, or when players Mari and Moartea leave light source. (Moartea immune due to Night Vision)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mari gave him a small smile as Moartea inspected the ore. He tapped it and it chimed in a very faint, serene sound, like a tuning fork. Finding what he was looking for Moartea managed to obtain some of the precious material. Mari was distracted by the beauty of the ore, not even noticing the torch till Moartea called out, as it went out the two were clouded in darkness; Moartea placed a hand on her shoulder and it was welcomed. Mari wasn't sure what to do so she reached out, placing her hand ontop his own.

She gave a small sigh of relief when he said they were going to a place with more ore, but no dark caves, but then...the strangest thing happened...the entire room lit up in a soft blue hue. Moartea sat down, and offered Mari a seat, Mari - not being opposed to resting gave a small nod and sat next to him.

"This light....is unexpected..isn't it?"

Moartea nodded as he looked at one of the crystals near him in a nonchalant fashion and examined it, as it was rather pleasant looking and he decided to see if he could loot it without Mari noticing. As he quickly grabbed the base of the crystal and pulled up, he wanted to give this to her as a gift, hoping it would make her happy, as he just hoped it came in his luck.

Edit: And with a quick and clean manner he pulled out the crystal and smiled as as he tapped Mari's shoulder, and held out the present for her, "Mari, I have a gift for you, have a look." He said as the crystal was perfect shaped in a manner that would not be clunky or be misplaced, it was a perfect size for her to have as a safe keeping token from him. As it gave off a more vivid colour this time, as he handed it to her, as his eyes still had the same green hue as before.

#ID: 1989

BD: 10

CD: 12

LD: 20
MOB: 6

-Loot Dice Results-

LD: 20 (Success)

Result: Gained 1 Material (Light Crystal.) [Given to Mari as gift.]

Torch: Lasts 0 Turns (Dead on Maris turn)

New info: Light Crystals prevent effects of low light vision.

-1 to all Dice rolls when crystals emit no light, or when players Mari and Moartea leave light source. (Moartea immune due to Night Vision)

Mari was busy looking at the caverns walls, its ceilings; it was an interesting sight, and it reminded her of the time her and Moartea first met and how he had carried her into a cavern filled with fireflies and glowing stalagmites. Mari felt the man tap her shoulder, "Mmm? Are you wanting to move on?" She asked, not turning to face him just yet. It wasn't till the second time he tapped her shoulder that Mari turned to look at him. "Huh? A gift?"

Mari held out her hand and Moartea placed a small crystal into it, it was small enough to fit in the palm of her hand and as she carefuly turned it, it almost seemed to glow - fragments of rainbow light bounced off its surface. "Moartea...." Mari breathed. "Are....you sure? It's......beautiful."

Moartea nodded and he placed his hand on Mari;s cheek and rubbed it, "Yes Mari, a beautiful crystal for a beautiful woman like you." "Mari... I need to tell you something, i like you a lot, you seem to bring out the good in me, Mari let me ask you... do you have the same feelings towards me?" He asked her, confessing his feelings to her, even though the time they spent together was not as long as he expected, he felt a strong connection towards Mari. And as he took his hand away, he gave her soft like eyes, something that told her he was being serious, as the green veil over his eyes shined in the due blue light that was surrounding them, he smiled at Mari.

-OOC: Plot twist, though you could have seen this coming.-

Mari stared into Moarteas eyes, usually a slate gray; yet currently they held an emerald glow, twinkling softly in the low blue light of the crystal cave. He softly caressed her cheek, and Mari did her best not to shy away - she could tell what was about to be said, before he said it. It was the way Moartea acted, how soft his demanour was around her. His gentle words, and how he changed his speech pattern just for her. So when he confessed his feelings for her. Mari wasn't sure what to feel.

She felt odd; Mari liked Moartea, but romantically? Mari found it incredibly hard to connect with someone in such a way; especially so quickly. Mari turned her eyes away from him. She didn't want to hurt him, that was one of the last things she wanted. "Moartea...I think you're incredibly nice, but...."

Mari bit her lower lip; what else was she supposed to see after that 'but' there probably wouldn't be anything she could say to comfort him.

"I'm not....ready for a romantic relationship. I can't say I feel the same about you right now, but...I also can't say that won't change in the future. The best I can say..no...ask...is that you continue to be who you are."

Moartea, hearing what Mari said, he didn't react in a bad way, he just leaned forward and let a cool breathe of air slip through his lips and he spoke. "I understand Mari, take your time, I will be here, not like I'm going to die by some event." "Come lets get out of here and go find the other area I told you about." He said, his words true and his feelings unchanged about Mari, but his time would have to wait, he was a patient guy, time was only a illusion to him. And this was just something he could wait out til Mari changed her mind about her feelings for him. As he stood up, he turned to her, and held out his hand, "Shall we?" "Or would you rather have a free hand, that little crystal you have is the same as the others here, you shouldn't have to much trouble getting around in the darkness." Moartea said his emerald veiled Slate grey eyes gazed at Mari and he waited for her response.

Mari gave a sigh of relief, feeling the weight that was bearing down on her shoulders lighten, but then she shot Moartea a glare when he said he wouldn't die easily. Mari didn't appreciate the joke about death. She was absolute in her ideals. No one deserved to die. No one. "Moartea. Don't joke about that." She scolded, giving him a light slap across his shoulder. 

Moartea stood, and suggested that they continue. It was getting late; and it would be a good idea for them to finish up soon. "Yeh - you're right." Mari said, as she grabbed his hand to help her stand - once she stood she let go and placed the crystal into her pocket. "I don't think one small crystal is going to help me in a giant dark cavern - but hey." Mari gave a slight shrug. "I have you - so I'm not worried."

Moartea sighed as Mari scolded him, he didn't mean as a joke, he wasn't even joking, he wouldn't die so easily here, and when placed the crystal in her pocket and told him she had him to guide her, he smiled. "Very well then, grab hold of me and I'll navigate us." He said as he grabbed her hand and began walking with her out of the cavern system, it only took him five minutes to get out, and then the sun was shining but less than before, it was about 5 in the afternoon. Moartea knew that the sun went down a 6ish so with that he looks at Mari, and sighs. "Going to get dark soon, how bout I carry you, and I make a mad dash for the next area, should only take 15 minutes by running, and it takes about 30 by walking." "The sun also goes down at the are of 6, or sometime before then, we might wanna hurry there and then back to the town." He said as he looked at Mari and smiled, as he bent down and waited to see if Mari would accept his offer.

-OOC: Btw way this was before Mari slew her daughter, in this topic she hasn't changed to a red player yet. So entering the town is fine for this topic.-

Mari held fast to Moartea's hand as he quickly and deftly guided her out of the cavern system: it seemed as though he had been here countless times before - constantly mining ore. They were midly successful this run; obtaining two materials, plus the one Moartea had given Mari. As they reached outside Mari blinked, shielding her eyes from the harsh light of the setting sun. Her eyes took a few moments to adjust to the shift in brightness. 

Once adjusted Mari noticed Moartea was leaning down, as though to carry her. Mari pursed her lips, he was very insistent on constantly carrying her or being close to her - not that she minded but she felt that just after his confession - it mightn't be the best thing, besides; if he wanted her to run, she could most definitely do that. "Moartea.." Mari whispered as she placed a hand on his shoulder, giving it a light squeeze. She wished she could voice her thoughts but she wouldn't be able to word them correctly - she lacked tact.

"I can run pretty fast Moartea...mmm maybe not for 15 minutes straight....but I can still run."

Moartea got up and looked at Mari with a look or confusion, "You look like you have something on your mind Mari, something the matter?" He said as then looked ahead and marked the point on his map that he had open, and then looked at Mari again, "Tell me when we get to the location, I would like to know what is bugging you Mari, I can just tell that you have something to say." He said as he had this gut feeling that Mari had something on her chest she wanted to say but was unable to say so, for reasons Moartea did not know, all he knew is that they had little time of light left and he grabbed her hand began to bring her along and let go as he kept her in the light of the sun, so in case she wanted to rest they could. 

As Moartea ran with Mari, he stopped after every so 5 minutes of running to allow Mari to rest, he finally made it to the area he said, and it was a quarry area, a large pit in the ground, that had a few little animals scurrying about, even though they were not MOB's or anything of the sort they all seemed to run when the two arrived. And Moartea saw the White-Osmium deposits scattered and he pulled out his Pickax and walked to a large deposit and turned to Mari, "Wack - a-  Mole  Mari, go nuts." He said as he began his mining of the area.

Edit: As Moartea's attempt was a failure, his pickax not wanting to break off anything, he sighs and looks over to Mari, and wonders if she has any lick so far in her mining. He had hoped that his time here was not wasted, he didn't want to make Mari waste her time with him, even if his attempts to woe her failed, he didn't want to not have fun with her.

#ID: 2133

BD: 7

CD: 3

LD: 11
MOB: 5

-Loot Dice Results-

LD: 11 (Failure)

Result: Gained no Material

Night arrives in 7 turns.(6 starting Moartea's next post)

-1 to all Dice Rolls activates in 7 turns (Moartea immune due to Night Vision)

Mari did have something on her mind; but she didn't tell him right now - She ran alongside Moartea; appreciating him allowing her to stop every so often to rest. Finally they arrived at a large Quarry, Mari was huffing slightly, her cheeks and nose red from the cold wind against her face. She fell to the snow, legs feeling like jelly. "I can't remember the....last time...I ran like that...." Mari said between gulped breaths. "It feels...good...those endorphins!" Mari rolled onto her stomach, enjoying the cool sensation of the snow. She watched as Moartea attempted, then failed to find any ore, once she had caught her breath she stood, dusting the snow off her and picking up the extra pick axe Moartea had left on the ground for her.

"I just...felt that it may not have been the best - to be so close - after turning you down..."  Mari muttered as she fiddled with the pick axe. "I don't want to upset you."  She said as she threw the axe down into the mineral deposit, she hit something hard and it sent vibrations up the handle and into her hands, the shock caused her to drop the axe.

"Ouch! Damn...Sorry!"

Loot Dice Roll: 1
Perma Dice ID #2135

Moartea looked at Mari and saw her fail, he sighed and winced as he saw her hurt her hand, he was about to go and aid her hand but he knew that Mari didn't like to be touched so much. So he stood where he was and spoke, "You could never upset me Mari, never in a million years could you do that." "And please Mari, try to be careful I don't want those beautiful hands of yours to get damaged." He said as he tried his luck again at the mining attempt, raising the pickax up and bringing it down onto the deposit.

Edit: Moartea's attempt was a success as he broke off a large chunk and he picked it up, examined it and placed it in the bag he had setting down, with a smile he leaned against his pickax and looked at Mari, "So Mari, whats a guy like me have to do to make you his girlfriend?" He said bluntly as he wanted to know what he could do to make her change her mind about him.

#ID: 2147

BD: 5

CD: 7

LD: 15
MOB: 7

-Loot Dice Results-

LD: 15 (Success)

Result: Gained 1 Material (White-Osmium ore)

Night arrives in 6 turns.

-1 to all Dice Rolls activates in 6 turns (Moartea immune due to Night Vision)

Mari flexed her hands, then rubbed them together, easing away the tingling sensation. "Don't worry, I just wasn't expecting that. It'd take more than a misplaced mining strike to bring me down." Mari gave Moartea a wry smile as his compliments continued, he was eager - and it was clear he wanted nothing more than to continue to make her feel better about himself. He seemed to be adamant about it almost. Mari held up her palms to show him, they were a little red from the manual work they weren't used to, and a tad dirty but other than that there was nothing wrong with them. "See, they're fine."

Mari picked up the axe again, and struck the rock, it was unsuccessful, but Mari didn't seem to give up or get as frustrated as Moartea seemed to, she'd be happy to continue on like this for a long while yet, the company was pleasant too which was always a bonus. "Hmm?" Mari turned to him, she felt her cheeks redden as she turned away to search the rocks before her for more mineral deposits. "I don't know....matters of the heart are difficult to define Moartea... I guess a good start would be knowing you better - we have hung out a few times, but - I'm not one to fall so easily for someone."

Loot Roll: 7 FAIL

Perma Roller ID #2145

Moartea smiled as she said that she would liked to get to know him better and he gave her a grin. "Well if you want to know more about me then go right ahead and ask me, I'm a open book, minus the missing pages." He said as he picked up his pickax again and tried to mine the spot that he was at, and tried to get another chunk of White-Osmium ore.

Edit: As his pickax feel short he sighed and looked up back at Mari, "So lets play 20 questions, your up, if you don't want to play then just ask me the questions, I'll try my hardest to answer them." He said to her and placed his hand on the deposit and sighed as he realized he was hitting rock and not ore, as he located another one near him he went to it and examined it.

#ID: 2222

BD: 8

CD: 4

LD: 1
MOB: 4

-Loot Dice Results-

LD: 1 (Failure)

Result: Gained no Material

Night arrives in 5 turns.

-1 to all Dice Rolls activates in 5 turns (Moartea immune due to Night Vision)

Mari pursed her lips, "Hmm...I'm not really the type to ask a lot of questions Moartea." She gave him a smile as he watched him attempt to strike at some ore. She followed suit. But she had also missed her mark. Mining ore...it was a lot harder than it seemed. "Phew...at least we have some ore, yeh?" Mari siad to Moartea, "I don't mind doing this sort of thing with you. It's draining, but nice."

Mari blinked when Moartea offered to play 20 questions, it was a game she was somewhat familiar with, it seemed a little juvenile to play, but right now, she felt calm and at peace, Moartea wanted to know her, and this was his way of trying to ebb her into doing the same with him. Alright, Mari would play along for now. "Question one; why are you with the Crimson Inquisition, is it to help others?" 

Loot Roll:9 FAIL

Perma Roller ID #2267

Moartea rubbed his chin, "Yes, I joined for the opportunity to help others by making weapons and armor, so in turn the players of Aincrad could have a better chance to surpass and survive this hell hole of a world." "Now for my question, if you could have one of two things, the first being a world of perfect peace, but asymmetrical in all forms." "Or, a perfectly symmetrical world, where everything is perfect in shape, including people, but is always in turmoil, and chaos?" He asked her, playing a little game inside of a game, he wanted to see what her reaction to his ridiculous question, as he began his mining attempt again, wanting to get another White-Osmium ore before the next question was asked.

Edit: As his attempt was successful, he picks up the ore and places it in the bag and looks at Mari, giving her the old "I'm mysterious" act, not giving her a certain reason behind his words or question, all he knew was his question would give him some view of her point of view in things. As he leaned on the pickax and smiled at Mari, his eyes still having the green hue on them, as he never once deactivated his <<Night Vision>>, Mari seemed to like it so he kept it on just for her.

#ID: 2275

BD: 4

CD: 3

LD: 18
MOB: 4

-Loot Dice Results-

LD: 18 (Success)

Result: Gained 1 Material (White Osmium Ore)

Night arrives in 4 turns.

-1 to all Dice Rolls activates in 4 turns (Moartea immune due to Night Vision)

Question 1 answered and asked

Mari slammed the pick axe down again, and again, she failed. This was hard work. She decided to take a short break. Mari sat on the rock. leaning on the handle of the pickaxe, smiling at Moartea as she watched him work. "I guess, joining the biggset guild is the best way to do that." Mari glanced away. "Maybe...maybe I shouldn't let a few bad members reflect badly on my experience. I mean.. you're in the guild - and you're wonderful, then there is Life - that little black ball of fury is an odd, but good friend." Mari spoke low, with a thoughtful voice, now that she had her own guild, her priority to show the Crimson Inquisition that numbers wasn't everything...didn't seem so important any more, right now she wanted to focus on protecting them.

Moartea posed an odd question. Mari frowned, "Geez....mmm, perfect peace - who cares if its asymmetrical, humans are adaptable, so learning to adapt and grow with the asymmetrical nature of the world - that's such a small price to pay in exchange for peace."

Mari had to think of a question now, she didn't have any sort of devious questions like Moartea; hers were simple. "Do you have any regrets?"

Loot Roll:9 FAIL

Perma Roller ID #2279

Moartea nodded as he walked next to Mari and sat down, "I regret a lot of things, not being able to save my father, i regret being too weak." "I regret kill my biological mother through childbirth, and I regret every bad incident I ever caused, the ones I don't remember at least." He said as he then looked at Mari, "So you have any regrets Mari?" Moartea asking her the same question she asked him, as he gave her curious eyes and a slight smile came across his face, as he wanted to hear her answer.

Night arrives in 3 turns.

-1 to all Dice Rolls activates in 3 turns (Moartea immune due to Night Vision)

Question 2 answered and asked

Mari bit her lip, thinking. She only really had one regret. "Letting my ex take her away." Mari said it in a dark tone, she disliked her ex-husband. Immensely. It was part of the reason, heck the biggest part of the reason Mari was so cold and standoffish toward people, why she didn't want to get close to people and why she refused to let herself feel anything for anyone. She looked down at the ground, kicking up at an ore - attempting to dislodge it with her foot. She failed, the only thing she gained from that was a scuffed shoe. "Bleh."

Looking up at Moartea she tried to think of another question, Mari was very personal - and rarely talked about herself. The fact she was sharing so much with him was a bit of an anomaly.  "I'm not...good with these question games..." Mari muttered, turning her eyes back toward the ground. Kicking at that same piece of ore. "Why do you think...people so easily kill in this game?" Mari asked quietly, it was  question she asked a lot of people - because it was something she simply did not understand. "I think...I'd loose myself if I ever had to do that." 

Loot Roll: 11 FAIL

Perma Roller ID #2350