[PP-F2] <<Let There Be Light>> (Kiru)

Daeron ignored her comment and continued to tread on in the direction that led outside of the city walls. After having not said a single word until they arrived at the cave, Daeron made sure she hadn't ditched him. "Just checking." he said as he continued to move on without wanting to say a single word of conversation. He didn't want to do much talking anymore, in fact, he didn't want to do much of anything with anyone anymore. He was sure he'd roll alone for a while.

With the cave being dark and hollow, he had a harder time seeing than he usually did. He could barely see his hand in front of his face. As they entered deeper into the cave, he heard random screeches from dozens of bats that got woken by their footsteps that echoed through the cave system. "Hello? Help!" a distance voice called out, sounding younger, like the child they were to be looking for.

Following where the voice came from calmly and with silence of himself, no words calling out to the child to call for help again, he remembered where he had to go, or so he thought. After thinking he was in the right area, he had stuck out his hand to reach out for the kid, but instead there were two large cave bats that had spawned in the cave system. Waking up now, they began to hover in the air with their wings flapping throughout the air to remain above the ground by 3 or so feet.

Running in for an attack without hesitation, he swung his weapon through the darkness in which he could only guess where one of the bats were. His weapon had missed and the bat had managed to retaliate without any troubles. Taking a hit, he still couldn't tell where the enemy was attacking from.

Daeron: 71/72

Kiru: 75/75

Giant Bat: 30/30

ID: 2811 | [battle: 6-1] [Mob: 10] Damage Taken: 2 - 4 = 1 (Minimum damage required)

For the entire time we walked, Daeron had nothing to say to me. I noted his peculiar change in personality and didn't bother trying to speak with him. He didn't seem to be in a foul mood or anything, he was just being anti-social. Besides, I didn't really have anything to say to him. I was simply going on a mission to save an NPC to obtain rewards from doing so. 

Once inside the cave he was still silent but I even I knew why this time. If we were to make a noise then we might trigger a trap or wake up sleeping creatures. I presumed that neither of us had night vision so running into a monster or such would be highly unlucky. Thus when the child called out for help I didn't reply; I had no reason to in the first place. I followed Daeron to when the noise seemed to be coming from, but as it turns out he was following the noises of two bats or something. I could have sworn it was the child but maybe I was wrong. Maybe we triggered something earlier?

The two pesky bats fluttered around so quickly even my eyes couldn't see them. It didn't help that the cave was dark. I whipped out a dagger and listened for the wing patterns. My eyes flew open and I thrusted my arm outwards, sending the dagger flying. I smirked in the dark when I head the squeak of the bat, my hit landed. 

ID 3818; BD 5 (Base Damage +1)

Giant Bat: 29/30

Daeron sighed, as he was hoping to avoid these pests. Running through the dark, Daeron swung his weapon in the direction of where he thought the bat was. Hearing their wings and hearing the screeches of the bats should be easy, but when he went to attack, it seemed like they were almost non existent. "Son of a-" he said, missing his first swing.

Swinging again through the air, in frustration, Daeron tried to be more calm and patient to hope he doesn't hit Kiru. He wanted to talk to Kiru, but that might take her mood out of the fight, he thought, staying focused. The bat had missed it's attack because he had foreseen it mentally, not physically. As it flew past him, he swung, dealing an immense amount of damage. For just a split second, he could see the health bar of the bat, showing it was down by a third already.

Daeron: 72/72

Giant Bat: 20/30

ID: 3822 | [battle: 9 - 1 = 8] [Craft: 2] [Mob: 7 - 3 = 4] Damage Dealt: 9 Damage + 1 Life Steal

I pulled out another dagger when he missed again. I could tell by the frustration in Daeron's voice that he was irritated with either A, the bats, or B, himself. It was dark so I assumed it was the bats. What's the matter with you? I asked and flung another dagger at the sound. Once again, I hit the bat but this time in the wings. I could tell because the flapping was different than before. 

ID 3823; BD 4 (Base Damage +1)

Giant Bat: 28/30

"Nothing. I hate these bats." he said standing back to back with her now. He held his weapon with his right hand, and made sure she was alright. "Explain yourself to me. Why are you so freaking interesting to me?" Daeron asked her, while he waited for the next attack. Daeron missed the attack and next thing he knew, he was hit by the bat. Though the attack didn't hurt much at all, it was still an annoying fight.

Giant Bat: 19/30

ID: 3825 | [battle: 6 - 1 = 5 Miss] [Craft: 1] [Mob: 9 - 3 = 6] Damage Taken: 1 Damage

I felt him behind me and heard him as he spoke. I retrieved another dagger and threw it as quick as I could before I missed my opportunity to strike. Although I wasn't doing as much damage I was still at least contributing to the damage and destruction of the bats. I laughed at Daeron for a second after throwing my knife. I don't need to explain myself to you, that's a mystery only you can solve. If I interest you that much all you have to do is ask about me. I may not like be pestered with ridiculous questions but I will answer them. 

ID 3828; BD 3 (Base Damage +1)

Giant Bat: 18/30

"Why did you even bother to join me? Not like you need anything from me?" he asked, as he kept his back to hers. He swung his weapon at the bat once more, that was flying around them. He didn't know where the second one was, all he cared about was taking out the first one before he went on to fight the next.

Daeron tried to focus as he thought he could see the bat, but when he squinted hard enough, he saw nothing in the end. Guessing it was before him, he swung his sword through the air.

Daeron: 70/72

ID: 3832 | [battle: 6 - 1 = 5 Miss] [Craft: 1] [Mob: 10 - 3 = 7] Damage Taken: 1 Damage

Well to be completely fair you were the one who asked me to come with you in the first place, to make up for your rude behavior. I said, pointing out the he started this. By this time the other bat had circled around towards me. (The other one's wing has a different pattern) This time I knew where it was and didn't hesitate to stab at it. After my attack I continued as if it were nothing. This small battle didn't faze me, it actually kind of bored me. Maybe I came with for the spoils? The Skill Points, the col, maybe the drops? The world may never know! 

ID 3833; BD 2

Giving her a smile that she couldn't see through the darkness, Daeron turned around really quick, whispering into her ear. "I want to get to know you better." he said before returning to the fight. Still not knowing where the bats are, he wildly swung through the darkness again, in order to take out the bat this time.

Getting another successful hit, he was glad that one of them was almost done, after both of these were done, he'd go grab the child, bring it back, and then take Kiru out on dinner like she had asked for. "So, dinner... what are you in the mood for?" he asked grinning through the black cave.

Giant Bat: 9/30

ID: 4082 [battle: 10 - 1 = 9] [Craft: 7] [Mob: 3 - 3 = 1] Result: 10 Damage, Heal 1 (Lifesteal)

I threw another dagger right after the first, it was a critical and I could tell just by the sound the bat made. It squeaked and hit the wall, but kept flapping around the cave. I smirked into the darkness at what Daeron had said. Me too, I would quite like to know myself. You? You could be an interesting person too I guess. As for dinner I'm not picky, just no seafood. Desserts are just amazing my opinion but hey, your choice! I laughed and rolled forwards to get into a better position to fight in. 

ID: 4478; BD 10 (+3 Damage) 

Giant Bat: 6/30

With one of the bats nearly prepared to drop dead, he didn't hestitate the slightest to charge forth at the floating health bar that revealed its location. After this one was down thought, the only difficult part of this entire fight will be the fact that the second bat, if there even was one, was around somewhere and it would be just as annoying to fight as any other.

Unfortunately for Daeron, he had tripped in a small crevice of the cave that was on the ground. Now working to get his foot free, he heard the bat attack. Luckily having some decent hearing, he managed to duck quick enough to feel the wind of the bat breeze by him.

ID: [battle: 1] [Craft: 5] [Mob: 3] Result: Both Attacks Missed

After I rolled forward I sprang upwards and threw the dagger towards where Daeron was. It hit the bat straight in the center just as it flew over Daeron's head. I didn't hit you did I? Now that would be a shame. I said with a slight snicker and listened around for the other bat. By my hearing it sounded like it was wounded from before. It was still flopping around near the edge of the wall attempting to fly again. It didn't have much luck and continued to be helpless. I pulled another dagger out and bent my arm, prepared to hit it again while it was down. Before I let my dagger fly I turned my head to the general direction of where Daeron was supposed to be. Do you even know where that kid is? This is getting boring and I cannot see a thing! 

BD: 6 (+1 Damage) 

Giant Bat: 29/30

(It's so bad, I don't have my dagger or stats yet in this thread so I can't deal much damage DX)

"Damn these things are a nuisance!" Daeron screamed swinging at the bat. He had actually wished that he had night vision right now because, yet again he missed the bat. Luckily he could hear better than he could see because it was allowing him to avoid taking more damage by simply hearing the flapping of wings near him.

Daeron: 71/71 HP

Kiru: 75/75 HP

Bat: 6/30 HP

Bat: 29/30 HP

ID: 5285 [battle: 4 - 1 = 3] [Craft: 2] [Mob: 2]

[Can't copy link to Dice roll as I am posting via console. I just want this to end. We can 'get bored' if you'd like.]

I actually agree with you on that one. These bats seem to have no sense of danger at all yet they can dodge. Se, if I were to do this. I grabbed another dagger and threw it randomly into thin air. If clanged against the side of the cave wall and onto the ground with an annoying screeching sound. The bats weren't even on that side, one way by Daeron and the other was floating around near the ground. Then I wouldn't hit anything. The bats don't even become scared of the sudden noises, they keep attacking. I said, letting out a huff of air. Scaring them away from us was not going to work so either they would get bored or we would. I didn't want to give up on this fight because there was the possibility of getting an item or some col. So now we just keep attacking, 

5299: BD 3 (No damage) 
Daeron: 71/71 HP

(No, I would like to finish this quest!~)

Seeing, or hearing... Daeron realized that the bats were still here even after Kiru had tried to scare them away. Exhaling, as he was getting rather annoyed at how tedious this fight is getting, he ran into a single direction, hoping that he wouldn't smash into a stone hard wall, causing him to feel stupid. He tried to follow the flapping of wings as accurately as possible, but even for a legend like himself, he couldn't pull of a miracle all the time.

Swinging his weapon in the direction of where he believed the enemy was, he tried to slice through the air to try to make the slighest amount of contact with the monster. With yet another miss, he screamed with hatred towards these bats. Because of his anger outburst, Daeron was able to get hit by the bat once more, as he didn't even pay attention to trying to dodge a hit.

Daeron: 70/71 HP

ID: 5525 [battle: 4 - 1 = 3] [Craft: 7] [Mob: 6] Result: Take 1 Damage

I snickered slightly at Daeron's little tantrum. Yes, we couldn't hit the bats but there was not reason to do what he did. I found it especially amusing when he got hit by one of the bats. Shaking me head, I grabbed my dagger. I threw it to where I assumed the bat that was flailing around would be. Apparently it wasn't there. I then listened again to hear where the bats were currently. They were exactly where they were before, or in that general location. So, how about you tell me more about yourself while we try and kill these pests. It's to pass the time mostly but we interest each other so why not? I said, going to go pick up the dagger that I had just thrown in a random place. Though I couldn't see, I manage to retrieve the dagger. 

ID:5894 BD;1 (+0 Damage)

Daeron: 70/71 HP