[PP-F4] Dinner For 2 (Lessa)

Daeron continued to toss the snowball until he finally dropped it and looked at her. It finally got to him "I don't expect anything. I'm not nearly offended or feeling accused. I like you. You know that. If it will take time to get you, then so be it. I don't mind waiting until you're ready to look at relationships. Just know that I'll do anything I can to help you and everybody else to get out of here. Even if it means sacrificing myself." Daeron said as he neared her slowly.

Finally making it to her, he reached out his hand. "Can I at least walk you back so I know you get back safe?" he asked her nodding his head in the direction of the town.

"Of course," the woman replied gently, placing her hand in his. His strong desire to be with her was strange, considering they had only known each other for a short period. Truth be told, she had never had such an urge to form a relationship, in or out of SAO. There were people she cared about, and people she enjoyed being near. And sure, after a significant amount of time, romantic feelings had formed. She would be lying if she said she had not felt them at least once inside the game. But those instances were few and far between. Daeron had insisted he would wait to "get her," but she knew they had a long way to go before that happened.

She bit the inside of her cheek, praying he would not see her as a tease or a woman just working to string him along. That was not her intention. "Lead the way."

Daeron led the way like she had said to and for the entire way he was quiet and looking out for them. When they reached the tavern, Daeron stopped to speak since they left the frozen pond. "I had fun today, Lessa." he said letting go of her hand. "I hope to see you again, commander." he said referencing to the guild with a smile. Before he left however, Daeron leaned forward to give her a gentle kiss on her cheek, After that, Daeron left and began to walk away.

A hand rose to her cheek, and her fingertips brushed the spot where his lips had been only a moment before. The woman watched him leave, her blue eyes on his back, watching his figure grow smaller with each step. She seemed glued to the spot, her face warm and tingling with a fierce blush. When was the last time she had been kissed?

Finally, the cold became too much for her. Daeron was long gone, and a layer of fine snow had collected on her being. Chilled to the bone, and still more than a little shocked, Lessa retired into a nearby inn.