If there were...

An Assassin's Creed RP, who would be in?

Assassin or Templar?

Time period preferred?

Any ideas? Thoughts? Criticisms?

Can't even make the first choice ahaha. Assasins the cooler pick but tbh i'll have to go with Templar, I'm actually of Holy Templar decent so it makes sense for me :P I'd choose the renaissance as the time period, that's when they where strongest in terms of position/power/influence. Assassins where great and all but they obviously wouldn't be as op in real life as they are in the games. I reckon a RP for it would be great. 

Assassins have always been super underdog in the games. The Templars have a vast information network, virtually limitless resources, and stunning manipulative skills. The Assassins have to work around those things in order to do anything, and even then, they're in hot water.

Now, the Templars have to their credit a hard line view on order and a willingness to do just about anything to achieve their goals. That's visible in many of the games, for instance, when Haytham slaughters an innocent man in cold blood to drive his point home. That's really where the question comes in; what's more human? The Templar way, that accepts a realistic view of human nature, or the Assassin way?

"Even when your kind appears to triumph ... still we rise again. And do you know why? It is because the Order is born of a realization. We require no creed. No indoctrination by desperate old men. All we need is that the world be as it is. And this is why the Templars will never be destroyed."

And in the words of the Greatest Mentor of all,

"To say that Nothing is True is to accept that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that Everything is Permitted is to understand that we are the architects of our own actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

That said, I'll see where the interest goes before I take a side.