Idea for 2H Weapon users (give them block)

Do you support the idea  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the idea

• Yes
    • No

Ok 2H weapon users are at a disadvantage to 1 hand weapon users.

Why is this

because of the skill Block. 

Block gives the user a controllable evasion stat that can go up to 5. with the small cost of 1 skill slot. (so for one skill slot you can become unhitable.. and it cost nothing but the cosmetic of having a shield add the skill thorn or fire thron... and you really have somebody whos unkillable.)

2H users get no bonus from using a 2H weapon. There skill's hit equally as hard as 1 hand users and they have nothing special except they cannot equip a shield. I think this is completely unfair and two hand users should get some benefit for sacrificing the defense. Yes it would be a skill but never the less they should have the option. 

just like every other one hand user. 

My idea is this

If we stick to how 2 hand weapon users work. They hit HARD because they fork over a defense option.

So why cant we give two hand weapon users a free skill boost for extra damage,

the ability to use block,

or a skill that only they can use like, raging slash (does bonus damage and has a short cd) 

I know that anyone who choose evasion right now instead of blocking is more weak, but I hear they are working on balancing it, so I stay without shield for now :P

I think tanks should be unkillable... 

Its about options though. I dont have the option to use a shield... but a one hand weapon user does. So why does he get to be unkillable and hit as hard as me... 

Don't worry, people are aware of it staff side :P  It's just that making changes without breaking everything else is a full time job, and we needed block to make shields even something worth owning. I'll be sure to check on the staff what they have in mind.

a easy (non breakable fix) would be to (for now) allow 2H users to use block. Then everything is Completely fair

we use big weapons, so i dont see it as a thematic problem to block with it

Here comes the big thing though, your latter statement would annul the reason blocking was inserted in the first place, which was to make shields worth having outside of decoration value.

Also thematically, actually its a lot. As someone who uses spears RL in live weapon combat, a 2H weapon simply cannot block real life. They can parry maybe, but the size makes it unwieldy and hilts are not designed for blocking in mind.

Also there seems to be this idea it will make you unkillable too. 3 evasion, which costs two slots and 6 SP will do the exact same thing 5 blocking does at 30 SP cost (thats a LOT) unless the enemy has accuracy buffs, which there are plans for some monsters to have.

Keep in mind also shields are made with tanks in mind. A tank blocks, not runs away from attacks like a pansy :P I'll see what other GMs say though.