(OP-F1) Choosing the Darker Path (Completed, Please Lock)

I was skulking through the forest when I noticed a group of people leaving what looked to be a campsite so I hung back. I had been following them for some time now making sure they got to their destination safely. My duties in my new guild and as an intermediate player was to assist those who were new to the game and these were clearly level 1. Oddly I saw what looked to be a fight off in a clearing to the right of me I crept closer to the tree line and saw a women pointing her spear at a man unsure as to why I kept low in the tree line watching to see how this unfolded. Another women stepped between them at a guess I would say she was trying to diffuse the situation but either way I didn't like how this was turning out. I rested my hand on Golems bane and waited just in case I needed to intervene if I timed it right I could use my sword skill to deflect an attack or two and retreat to the safe zone hopefully it would give the man enough time to escape. Then I saw her the woman I travelled with once. She was the woman in the middle. What was she doing here I wondered.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celes zeroed in in tyrius, but was surprised at Kirus offer. " I am certain I could learn from you" she said, emphasizing the word 'certain'. She looked at tyrius again. "Well? What do you want? What do you need? You have a lot of potential, why waste it on this?" She said seriously. She knew what despair meant here "Someone died last time I defended my lower level group from an attacker, I don't want another scene. I couldn't deal with it again, but I won't back down"

Something was defiantly up so I stepped out into the clearing standing at the other side opposite of the group drawing my sword the blood red blade glowing in the shade of the trees. ''Hey you lot if your gonna fight why don't you do it properly and send a dual request'' I shouted across to them. I wasn't about to let innocent blood be spilled here even if there were ill intentions each player was a valuble asset to us all here in SAO and each person we lost was one less player on the front lines which would just slow our progress to reaching floor 100 we were already going slow enough as it was so I wanted these alive.

Why? I'm an idiot. I asked Celes, almost certain that she was lying. Celes didn't seem like a sarcastic person, or one to need to learn from me. I once again gave Tyrius a hard look. Celes, drop your weapon okay? If he feels the need to "kill" someone then he can just let it out on 'ol me. Don't think I'm doing you a favor either.. I said, keeping my eyes locked on his. The strange thing was, I had no reason for what I was doing. I could have just watched this, so why?

I exhaled deeply with annoyance when the scene grew. Another familiar person was here now. Nothing is happening here, move along. I can assure you that you wouldn't like it if you stayed; as you can see I'm extremely annoyed right now.

I approached the group in the most menacing manner I could holding my blade pointed towards the ground the wind rustling my hair.

PermaRoller:id2657

BD 8

I activated my sword skill closing the gap between me and the woman who spoke with impossible speed my sword pointed centimetres from her neck. she didn't even have time to react to my advance and she glared right at me as I spoke. ''He hasn't actually hurt anyone yet and standing out here is going to attract more attention just like you did with me im not going to hurt you at all and I don't aim to cause trouble just lower your weapon and let us all go back to the safe zone and discuss this over a drink in the tavern im nervous enough being around higher level players and I can tell you mean well but from my point of view you are just provoking him. We don't need any needless deaths we need to be getting ready for the front line so we can get the hell out of here'' I said lowering Golems Bane. ''As for you'' turned to the woman I recognized but still didn't know her name ''im not here to provoke im here to help and from what I hear your one our top frontlines men can we atleast go back to the safe zone and talk this out'' I said to her I really wanted to diffuse the situation before blood was spilled

Liam looked at the foolish lad,"No respect!" He muttered but, he was distracted by the sense of deja vu. He smirked and put his hand on axe. He looked up and the dark man put his hand on the his. He shook his head,"No! this not the time, if the wish to die to then, let him." Liam looked up him and whispered," Who are, Wraith!" The Evil looking man smiled,"I don't know, but I like that call me Wraith."

Celes brushed the attack like it was nothing (Eva +3, attack miss) she put her glaive between herself and the lower level player. "You had just missed the part where he went to attack a group of lower level players I was with, so don't assume that I am here to attack. I put myself between him and them. He is someone I used to know, I just want to know why he has decided to attack these. Kiru, il di as you say, this is involving too many people of little consequence. " She load her glaive, but kept it at hand. " tyrius, why are you like this? What's happened? "

Mari never usually roamed the first floor; but today she was. She found that as a pker she was left well alone. The low leveled players here barely spoke to her, they just timidly shuffled along, avoiding eye contact.

Mari didn't mind being a social outcast, she had come to somewhat appreciate the solitude, the silence and the lack of drama it brang

During her directionless wanderings she came across a small group of people, she almost walked past. almost.

Celes was there and appeared to have her weapon drawn. a battle? Mari waltzed over to the group, and stood beside Celes- wrapping an arm around the girls waist. Dark cerulean eyes boring into the one who had attempted to attack her.

"Problem?"

It's an unusual day today, I can feel it. My senses tingles, as if something dreadful will happen. I make a fist with my left hand and clench it tightly. 

"It's just the usual First Floor, nothing here can threaten me. But why did I...."

Roaming the plain that stretch endlessly without no objective seems pointless. I have been here countless times during my early training. The lack of floor begin to bored me to the point that I need something out of normal to satisfy myself.

Roaming the plains on the F1 is a foolish way to do that.

My pair of eyes watch the surroundings, from far I can see the pink hair and slender body I recognize. Decided on greeting her, I walk casually towards her.

"Hey there lead..."

I shut myself, closing my mouth and went dead silence. I stand next to Mari and watch the scene that unfold in front of my eyes. A group of people, usually this kind of group will are parties. Their purpose would be mainly grinding or material gathering.

This one though seems to be like a fight among some of the people.

Still undecided on what to do, I stood there and become a spectator before I decide on my next course of action.

Thank you Celes. Now, Tyrius...Send me a duel request if you want so you can get you anger out. That is if you have any anger. I spoke in a calm voice...until more people came. I let out yet another very loud exasperated sigh. Even more players came into the scene. First a pink haired woman came and defensively put her arm around Celes' waist. She probably thought I was going to attack her or something; I had no intentions of harming, watching maybe but not "killing." This was becoming more like the blame game than "settling it peacefully." I narrowed my eyes at the pink-haired girl. There is not an issue here. We are resolving an issue and don't need anyone's help. I sneered and looked behind her. Another?! Why does everyone and their mother feel like coming to watch this. Also, why is everyone so suspicious of me?! I thought and perked an eyebrow at the newcomer. And are you here to watch the show too? I exclaimed with fake enthusiasm. I looked at everyone around me, most were people I didn't know. 

Maris appearance was unexpected, but feeling her take his of celes was such a protective gesture that cells was momentarily list in how safe she felt. She felt herself lean into Maris embrace. Suddenly she snaffled out of it. "No mari, is okay, Tyriud is a friend who... Has most his way, this is a misunderstanding, I just, I want to help him. I dint want anyone else to die.

She looked at Tyrius and said "Tyrius there's a crowd forming, why don't we had to an in and talk, privately" She said with a look to the people gathering.

Mari nodded toward toward Yuji- allowing Celes to rest nestle into her. "Eh?" Mari turned her gaze toward Kiru, who must have thought that Mari was having an issue with her. The girl had black and white hair, it was...different - and she seemed stand offish but so was Mari. Mari had no qualms with her. "Think you're mistaken, I don't have a problem with you." Mari pointed toward Liam and Tom. "Those menacing men, towering over Celes. They are who I had the problem with." Mari gave Kiru a calm look as she sneered at her. Mari figured she'd let her sneer, if the roles were reversed Mari would be acting almost the same.

"Damn right no one else has to die." Mari muttered, turning her gaze away from the group.

These new arrivals seemed to be very intrested in what was going on i for one was getting a little irritated with the other man's silence. I looked around at everyone and something i saw really made me go on the defensive. This Mari as celes had called her had a yellow player icon. She was a pker! "I drew my sword again just incase something went wrong and opened my mouth to speak. "Forgive me if I'm wrong but what is a pker doing here" i asked "i hope your not here to cause trouble, i myself don't feel your here with the intention to kill and further still not all of the yellow players kill for sport" i added this girl seemed to have one thing going for her atleast. She was protecting her friend but that still didn't mean she wasn't a pker i didn't feel safe with her sudden arrival yet for some reason i felt she wasn't going to cause any trouble and so i sheathed my sword again hoping she got the message that i at least trusted her. I spoke up again ... "Some things just have to be done" i said more to Mari than anyone else i heard from Draterion who this mari was and as far as pkers go she wasn't exactly what one would call evil just ... misunderstood

The player that sigh doesn't seem to like all the people that have gathered here. Even I myself wouldn't like it when there are many people watch me so I know how she felt. At least that's what I come up with when she sigh after seeing me. 

"All the ruckus here will attract people, whether you like it or not. I come here to know what happen, that's all."

As I talk with the seemingly high leveled player which I know judging from how she talk (her arrogant way of talking reminds him of Zelrius, one of the high leveled player in SAO) and her gear, Tom draw his sword upon seeing Mari. Even I would do that if I see a red player in front of me. I raise my two finger in the air and pull down, calling the menu. I switch to inventory and equip my sword. After a few second it materialize near my left side of the belt.

"Well then, if you people have anything to settle, proceed then. I won't be bothering you all. However if you lay a hand on this pink girl, then you'll be my enemies."

I want to avoid whatever problems in their hands to get worse, but seeing Tom's reaction I realize that I need to imply some sort of warning. With my right hand on the hilt of my sword, I glare at Tom.

Yuji looked at we with what could only be a seen as a warning i obliged and stepped back "I'm not here to hurt anyone i apolize for my behaviour i mistook her for one of the 'unjustified' pkers she atleast. in my eyes anyway had no choice to do what she did" i said giving them some space. "I think ... sorry celes is it? We should all follow her advice and head to the tavern ny guild duties required that i intervene and I'm sorry if i gave off the wrong message" i said apologizing "parhaps i could purchase us all some mead and we can discuss this matter like civil members of society and if this man still insists on murdering low level players without a justified reason of doing so then i say we give him a 5 minute head start and hunt him down" i suggested

Mari held her hand out - blocking Yuji from the others, primarially Tom who he had drawn his sword at. She appreciated the loyalty, and the sentiment, but it was unneeded. "Yuji don't be so hasty." Mari turned her attention to the others; giving them a wry smile. "I have no intention of killing anyone. Such a reaction is normal when someone sees a Player Killer. Who can blame him." Mari turned her blue eyes back onto Tom. "I had yet to draw my blade; but I was ready to strike down anyone who attempted to kill someone else. I didn't know the exact situation, so refused to draw my blade." 

Mari turned over her should at Yuji, finally lowering her arm. "I admire and appreciate your loyalty and tenacity, but it'd do you good to read a situation correctly. If your blade is drawn, that is an invitation for a player to attack."

"Sorry leader. I'm sorry too Tom. I won't be so hasty next time."

I call back the menu and remove my sword. It's true what she said, I need to read situations more carefully next time. I back away from the group and decided to watch the group from far. My presence there would probably worsen it. I lean my back on a tree and sit down. 

"If it gets out of control...nah. The high level player will prevent that."

With that words, I ease my somewhat scared feelings. 

I watched as yuji left watching. where he moved to and made a mental map of everyone's positions i kept silent. and nodded backing away myself but not so far as i couldn't intervene if things got bloody. "If you guys wanna take up my offer to go and get a drink at tavern ill pay gladly if it prevents blood shed" i said and waited to see what events were about to transpire