F7: Searching and Conversing [Zero]

Mari shrugged; glancing away as her voice turned cold - and somewhat bitter. "Don't apologize. It happened. That's that." She turned her gaze back to him as he suggested that she should surround herself with people she cared for and trusted. Mari wasn't sure what to say to that; she cared for very few people, and trusted even less.

She parted her lips, ready to say such things but paused. Deciding it best not to. Zero wasn't exactly the most emotionally stable right now, and far be it for Mari to ruin it with her pessimistic outlook.

She gave him a wry grin as she approached him, placing a hand on his shoulder and offering it a small squeeze. "I'll just remind you, and you remind me - deal?" 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zero glanced at Mari, she seemed to become cold for a moment. He felt an uneasy sensation form between them and placed the palm of his hand on the butt of his weapons hilt. His gaze turned back forward as a slight silence fell between them and seemed like it would never end.

Mari's words seemed honest; not a joke this time, but a legitimate statement. He tightly gripped his swords hilt when he felt Mari's hand tighten on his shoulder, but quickly eased up. "I can do that, but don't bother doing it with me. It'd take more than that to stop me." He glanced at her as he moved forward, leaving her hand behind, and met her gaze a serious expression. "This game's just like life and life is just like this game, you only get one chance so you have to make the best of it. They say you can only be a hero or a villain both in here and in life, however that does not apply to someone like me who remains static in the real world. So while I could choose one of the two in here, I find that they're boring."

He looked forward and began to slowly walk in the exit's direction. "I choose to be neither of those roles. I choose to be what they call an anti-hero, or maybe I should choose to be a Byronic hero, and I know it sounds cliché for someone to say that, but when I say it I mean it. I'm going cut down everyone in my way of acquiring strength, so for now this a temporary good bye." He felt a heaviness lift from his shoulders, like a burden had vanished, and continued to make his way out of the cave. "I am a Jäeger, a hunter, a wolf in lambs skin, and I'm going after my prey, so if you try and stop me you should make sure to have your weapon ready. Because I won't hold back."

• 1 month later...