PP F4: Hot and Cold [Daeron- COMPLETE]

"Kissing girls you just met is probably the stupidest stunt you could have pulled then eh? She's guarded. That's normal for life here."

Mari threw herself down into the snow, shuffling side to side so she could nestle down deep into its cold embrace. Mari took a deep breath, and held it. Ignoring the comment about him thinking her lips weren't soft- not that she cared what he thought when it came to such a thing. Why did she have nothing? Mari exhaled, letting the snow numb her body. "I killed my own daughter here." Her voice grew dark, and quiet. "Alkor killed the man who took her from me in reality, a corrupt lawyer. Who took everything from me. I used SAO to run away from my issues. I don't care if I don't go back. But people I care about here; they do want to return."

Daeron stood up, and looked down at her. "You'll get back. Though I don't want out, I'll make sure you and everyone else that does, gets to return to their normal lives." he said as he gave her one more bottle of liquor for the future. "Take this, I hate drinking anyways." he said as he walked away, through the snow, leaving nothing but hollow footsteps in the snowy path behind him.

Everything for him had started to make sense, he would worry about himself, nobody else. If someone needed him, he'd be there, but unless they say so specifically, he won't be around people anymore.

Mari had to admit, his non nonchalant attitude toward her news was a breath of fresh air; so many times she had mentioned it - and people had gone quiet or tried to console her and Mari just didn't want that any more. "I think it's an all in or all out sort of deal there Daeron." Mari said, standing as he stood - considerably more wet and dripping in the snow she had buried herself into.

Mari took the bottle and stuck it into her inventory; along with the other half finished one he she had; hated drinking huh? Mari watched as he walked away, she almost let him go; but she had a thought nagging her in the back of her mind. "Hey. Daeron." Mari quickened her pace to catch up to him, before slowing down again. "This...is going to sound stupid for asking..." She trailed off, glancing away she rubbed the back of her neck. Now she was out of the snow the wind was bugging her. She'd probably shift floors soon. "But you got to let some of that detachment rub off on me." She bit her lip. Trying to find the right wording. "I don't know sh*t about you - but I admire that trait."

Daeron looked at her and smiled. It was funny, just moments ago, she had wanted him to go away. Now suddenly, she is asking him to rub off on her. Not sure what that meant, he gave her a questionable look. "I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you asking me to stay?" he asked her. He looked into her pink eyes, which gleamed with the moonlight that now shone over the two.

Daeron thought more and more about what she had said, the longer he was around her. Something about her was nice as well. Though he liked Lessa, did she even like him? Was it worth going after her anymore? He tried not think about it, and he was keeping his conscience here with Mari. The presence.

Mari took a step back, chewing the inside of her cheek in thought. Trying to find the right words. She wasn't sure what she meant either. "You said, you didn't feel anything when you killed." She began, her voice low. "I...mmm..." Mari turned her gaze to the snow, kicking at it awkwardly. Normally Mari had a strong front and personality but the recent events had ruffled her resolve. "I don't....want to...kill like that but I want to have....that  sort of, attitude toward people - toward this game." She looked back up at him, "Does that make sense?"

Laughing to himself, he scratched the back of his head with absolute confusion. "Not really. Sorry. If you mean that you wish to be care free, then I don't know how I'd teach you. I do whatever I want, whoever I want, whenever I want. I simply don't think about it. If I honestly wanted to, I'd try to seduce you much more than I have and I wouldn't care what you say because I'd stop trying." he said brushing some snow out of her hair as it was bothering him.

Daeron still didn't quite know what he meant, but regardless, he'd do what he could to try to help her.

Mari sighed, "Damn. I suck with actually talking with people."  She muttered, crossing her hands over her chest. She didn't exactly mean to be carefree, granted Daeron seemed that way, but there was something else she couldn't quite pick. Mari decided to drop the topic, she wasn't going to get anywhere with that. He didn't seem like he put much thought into how he acted at that moment. Which admittedly struck Mari as somewhat odd.

"Whatever you want and whoever you want eh?" 

He reached out and brushed the snow off of her hair, funny. Mari was sure that he was just talking about Lessa. Now he was boasting about his ability to seduce others? Mari had to wonder if perhaps Daeron was more of the manipulative type. "Seduce me? Don't think so Romeo, what of Lessa?"

" he said brushing some snow out of her hair as it was bothering him.

Daeron stopped and thought long before he had his mind made up. "She doesn't seem interested in a relationship anyways. Though I like her, I also don't want to waste any effort if it won't get me anywhere." he said. He sighed, which allowed him to see his own breath. The fact that she is shutting him down just motivates him. It means not everyone was easy to talk to.

"I've only ever had a single relationship..." he said stopping short. "It was our wedding day... Oske, was her name." he said. "The day of our wedding- that day, I left her heartbroken by leaving her. I didn't feel a thing until our..." he stopped, a tear forming no matter how hard he tried not to. It had ran from his fierce orange eyes, revealing a sign of kindness in them.

There was a silence between the two - as though Daeron was contemplating what to say. Mari gave a small nod. "Lessa doesn't seem like the type to like a PKer...but...I am sure if you did the redemption quest and show her you've changed. That would, err could accumulate into some positive thing."

Mari shifted her shoulders, shrugging. Then, Daeron started going on about his relationships, his past. Mari pursed her lips. Despite her attitude people had a habbit of opening up to her. "Why are you telling me this?" Mari asked blankly. "I don't give two flying censored what you did to Oskeh or whatever." She noticed a small wet trail fall down his cheek. Mari fell silent, tilting her head, was he crying?

Stopping where he was, he gave a stunned glare almost. Did he seriously just.... shed a tear? "Ummm, no, sorry... I got a snowflake in my eye. It melted now though." he said as he rubbed his eye. He then scratched the back of his head and smiled at her. "I like you Mari. I'd like to talk to you again. Something about you definitely seems interesting enough that I want to keep in touch with you. Does that sound good?" he said.

He then cleared his throat, "As for me telling you all of that. It's your choice on what you want to do with it, which will probably be to forget it. I just want you to know that I've never opened up to someone, so I'm still rather new to this whole ordeal." he said as he turned around and began walking away. "Don't die while we see if there is a next time." he said treading through the snow once more, creating more and more distance between the two players.

Mari crossed her arms, her tone clearly unimpressed with his lie. "Uh-huh...snowflake. Gotcha." Daeron rubbed his eye then awkwardly rubbed the back of his head, it seemed that the chance meeting the two had was coming to a close - it just had that air of finality to it all. She approached him and gave him a slight slap on the back before lightly rubbing it. "Sure thing snowflake." With her spare hand she bought up her HUD and sent him a friend request.

"I'll be floating around, I think the Crimson Inquisition may have a vendetta against me, but I doubt they'd strike me down." Mari cleared her throat, imitating Zelrius' arrogant tone. "I'm too strong for that." 

Daeron left her with more parting words before wandering off - Mari watced him a few moments - it was an odd experience meeting him. He really was hard to pick, and it was near impossible to figure out what he was planning to do, but that's what made things interestingMari finally turned away, figuring she'd go to one of the warmer floors to sleep.

COMPLETE

Mari:  + 200 Col   +  1 SP
Daeron: 
 + 200 Col   +  1 SP