[PP-F5] The Shroud of Night...

It was dark...the only lights in the sky were the stars guiding us.....thats right "us". Never thought id ever team up again, then one day i was contacted by a young man. I couldnt say no to a job, after the job was finished he and i partied up for a little while. I asked if he'd accompany on another job. So there i stood, on a balcony of a building above the meeting area, waiting for him to show his face.

He better not be late....because i swear if he doesnt show... i said noticing a distinctive figure.

The sand was soft and my feet made a trail of footprints from where I was going, but the wind blew the sand right over it and it was covered. Looking up at the balcony of a building where I was suppose to meet him at. I waved at him and climbed up the stairs towards him.

Hope I wasn't late. I said as I got up to the balcony with him.

I chuckled Not late......but pretty close to making me worry.....this place is kinda out of the way isnt it Night i said letting the wind blow my hood off of my head and feeling the wind rush through my long black hair. My eyes one of dark purple and the other of bright red lit up in the moonlight.

Its an impressive sight isnt it Night? i looked at him, both asking him and revealing my face to him for the very first time since ive known him. I continued to look back towards the shore and watched the waves roll in as i waited for an answer.

I cracked a smile as I took my hat off for the first time as well to reveal my spiky long brown hair and my sapphire blue eyes. Parts of my hair was covering my right eye which is a bit uneven, then again it has been a while since I had my hair cut.

Indeed it is, it's not everyday you get to see such a pleasant sight. I commented as I rested my arms on the railing looking over the vast sea before us.

What do you think is going on out there.....both in the sea of this game....and in the real world....i cant help but think of my dear sister who is out there struggling to get by with her brother trapped in this pitiful world i said slowly my tone saddening...showing him the scar that causes my one eye to be so bright red.

Do you think we will ever get out at this rate Night....do you think there is hope? i asked letting my hair fall back into place and staring at the precious ocean. I finally could see again and now...i was ready to take on the world again...but...there seemed to be something missing...but im not sure what it is.

"If there wasn't any hope then we wouldn't be striving to beat this game. To be honest i don't know what's going on, i mean i never really had real parents. Just my little sister and cousin and my aunt. However, I'm sure she's worried sick about us." I answered as i clapped Ryu on the shoulder.

"That's why i want to strive to beat the Floors even if i have to take them on by myself. I hope that doesn't happen, but you never know. I want to protect everyone, and i also want to see everyone return to their real bodies. But i don't want our time here in SAO be for nothing. I want to live just like i would in real life, at least try to anyway." I said as i stared up in the night's sky.

I understand what you are saying....its late...maybe we should get some sleep i said pushing a slight smile on my face. I realized i have to live out this game and play it with the best of my abilities. Im not going to let this game conquer me in body body and spirit, i will win with my newly made friends. I turned to Night

Lets hit the hay....got a big day ahead of us tomorrow i said clasping my hand on his shoulder then walking by him.

-The Next Morning-

A loud clinking noise that would wake Night. This sound was created but the sharpening of my sword and two daggers. Today was to mark the day in which the Fifth floor crime boss, know as the Sidewinder...would finally be taken down. This man pked several hundred players and all for fun. His gang "Venom" likes to hunt in small packs, between tree and five men. Luckily i knew the location of one of the hide outs....which should lead us directly to Sidewinder. I slide my gloves on, equipped my weapons and flipped up my hood.

All set....what about you there NIght....are you ready? i asked curiously.

Cracking a smile as i stretched my arms and legs. Then i got cramps on my left leg and i winced as i jerked my leg to and obtuse angle. Nevertheless i got to my feet, equipped my Xilanvar with its smoky like blade glimmer in the sunlight.

"I'm ready whenever you are friend." I said as i walked for the door while straightening my hat properly on my head.

With that said and a nod of my hooded head i jumped. Yes, i jumped, from the balcony straight to the floor, the road was sandy....more sandy than usually so most of my damage had been diluted.....if i had taken any. I waited for Night to jump down here before attempting to take down the Venom base. Nothing could stop us now, once i had a job....it gets carried out.

A grin spread over my face, and i ran towards to the balcony. I jumped on the railing and using the momentum i had build up i jumped again. Only this time i jumped further than i had anticipated and landed on my feet twenty feet away from the building. Looking back at Ryu, i noticed that this job might get a little bloody. Deciding to prepare myself as i recalled what had happened with Jenkins and his gang.

It seems that would happen twice if it comes down to it. I thought to myself.

A quick walk walk gave me thr ability to stretch my legs from such and intense fall. The streets were almost void of people and it concerned me a little bit. Were the people afraid of the gang, or was there something else. I suddenly had a really bad feeling in my stomach. I knew we were about to do the right thing i just couldnt help byt feel something was about to go horribly wrong

The town was more of a ghost town, for there was no players in the streets or even NPCs. The stalls were abandoned and the houses were boarded up and barricaded. The Safe Zone was still in affect thankfully, but something tells me that there's more to it than meets the eye. No sooner than that, I could've sworn that I saw a couple of players with Orange cursors over their heads. My eyes narrowed as I tried to figure out if it was a glitch or it was the actual thing. Then my instincts started to kick in as everything started to slow down. Even Ryu seemed to be walking in slow motion.

I slammed both of my hands onto Nights shoulders.

Dude wake up...you cant do this to me now, we havent started and you are already zoned out i practically yelled in his face.

Follow me...the Venom base should be right around the corner here. i said as i motioned him to stay behind me but edge him towards the building.

If they see us now, itll be all over...so we gotta do this quietly i whispered to him Think you can handle that? i asked jokingly

I smirked when Ryu snapped me back into reality, and also to his joke as I activated my Hiding skill and Listening Skill at the same time.

I really do need to stop worrying about things. I scolded at myself in my head. I climbed up a on several stalls silently as I can get to get up on the roof of the building adjacent to the one we're targeting. After I got to the edge but blending in the shadows from some random cloths line as I could see the window along with a couple of PKers inside it.

I'm spying 3 PKers in the upper floor room close to the rear end of the building. I sent Ryu the message and now waiting for his move.

Thanks for the heads up, im moving through the court yard, watch my back in case anyone decides to get "frisky" i sent back to him as i slowly but surely moved out from the shadows of the alley and into the shadows of the buildings hoping none of these men had a high enough skill to even think about looking for me and Night. I reached the south entrance and waved Night down to me so we could enter from the back.

I drew the twin dagger from my back and nodded to Night waiting a few seconds after he opened the door to enter. The room was dark, quiet and empty, just as i suspected.

There are two doors up ahead, the one on the left, which is open, and the one on the right slightly farther up the corridor....which do you want to take Night i whispered to him, not sure if anyone could hear me anyway

I'll take the right, you can get the left. I whispered back to him. Then I removed my hat and placed it in my inventory. I crept up to the door on the right and looked through the lock and I could see one guy sorting through his papers and has a Claymore-type weapon that mirrored the room setting just 5 ft. from him with the hilt pointing towards him. Taking a deep breath and slowing my breathing to the point where it was very faint, I turned the knob with my left hand while wielding my scimitar in my right. Thankfully there's so much noise going on around the house that it basically camouflaged the noise of the knob turning. Thank God that the hinges were oiled, and it didn't make a sound as I crept towards the man.

Unfortunately, just when it seems that I had him, the wood planks under my feet creaked and the vibration made the man turned and he was surprised when he saw me. I swung down on him, but he fell off the chair and I just cleaved through the chair in half like it was butter.