{PP-F1} Secret Medicine of the Forest (Crusher)-->(COMPLETE)

Today had been one of those days that for some reason Zahra could not sit still. Every time she tried to relax and enjoy the sunshine the muscles in her legs began to twitch or feel itchy; and then before she knew it she would be up once more wandering around the city. 

Maybe she needed something to do. 

Something like a quest. 

Grinning at the thought of such a good idea the women began to make her through the street toward the quest board. Since her feet knew the way Zahra went ahead and thought about the type of quest she wanted to do. She knew that she wanted to stay on the first, or even second, floors and go no higher. Confident that there would indeed be one she smiled lightly. Finally, after several minutes, she found herself standing in front of the quest board. 

"Now which one..."

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A blonde stranger walked up beside her and started looking at the quest board "Hmm.. Which quest.. hmm.. Lets see here.. Anneal Blade.. +1?. Hmm. I guess that would work.." ooh.. Â«Little Nepent's Ovule»,Hmm.. Rare variant "looking around he spotted a few adventures. but he also noticed there was a Egyptian looking woman standing next to him. "It looks as if you are looking for a quest to do? - Tapping "Secret medicine of the Forrest" On the Quest board I want to do this one. But last time i went by my self to become a smithing apprentice. I was almost eaten alive by lizards. Haha. 

"It looks as if you are looking for a quest to do? I want to do this one. But last time i went by my self to become a smiting apprentice. I was almost eaten alive by lizards. Haha."

Funny, he was tapping the flyer for the exact same quest she had been reading only moments ago. Taking a quick side glance at him she found that his marker was not red, so he wasn't a PK. If that truly was the case then there was no problem going on a quest with him. Especially if going with him meant that she was able to keep another player safe. Pivoting so that she was facing him, Zahra smiled in a friendly manner. 

"I'll go with you," Zahra stated, pulled up the HUD and sending him a party request, "Name's Zahra."

Holding out his hand He introduced his self " Well hello Zahra. My name is Crusher. But dont be deceived by the harsh name im actually quite harmless". Seeing that she was looking at this sword "Ah yes. I see you have a Spear. I guess the Anneal blade wouldn't be much good to you would it?" (reaching up he hit "Party request- Zahra- Accept" (looking over at their shared hud now. Ah. You're my level. Well thats good!. So do we get two Anneal blades? or what?. If so. Im sure you can get your hands on a voucher, to trade the Anneal blade into a .. Uhh.. Anneal Longspear? haha. Well thats what i have been told anyway.  " Do you know the way to the quest?. I get lost easily!"

"I know where to go for the most part." Zahra stated, "But not the exact location."

Seeing that the male--now known as Crusher--had accepted her party request Zahra was able to see that he was a level above her. Not bad for a beginner. Making a motion to follow her Zahra then started walking towards one of the exits out of Starter City. She had heard that this quest took place in the fields that surrounded the city. Which meant that they could run into wolves or boars. Both relatively easy to fight due to their predictable fighting pattern. After all, it wasn't the mods a player had to worry about, it was the players themselves. Mod were a program. They had a set attack pattern and once that was found it was easy to parry. Players on the other hand could not be predicted. They were entities of their own with no programming.  

"As for your other question, yes, we both a the Anneal Blade. The only time everyone in the party does not get one is when the quest indicates that or you are not repeating it."

He followed her "Ah well. Im sure we can find it. If we wander around, and who knows maybe we will even find a chest to loot. Haha". As he walked following her to the exit of the city. "Well that seems handy that we both get the anneal blade. I think that i can break it down for materials, and make you something out of it. After all. You cant really use a Long-sword" As they left he made sure that he had everything that he needed. Couting off his short list of items he had withhim. "Well I dont have any potions so hopefully we wont need any. Or see any PK'ers"

"Certainly with the two of searching for it we'll be able to find it." Zahra stated in a matter-of-fact manner. "And if you can make something about of the Anneal Blade, that would be fantastic. If not, then no worries, I'm sure I can find another use for it."  

Exiting Starter City the two of them then proceeded out into the vast open fields surrounding the city. Other players were scattered about either lounging on the grass or fight the boar within range. The one lounging were obviously of a higher level, so boar were nothing but annoying to them. If the fell asleep, then that was another problem although. Just to make sure that none of them were sleeping Zahra took a quick glance around. Much to her relief all of them were awake. It was just one of her polices when dealing with sleeping players to either wake them up or hang out around them, just to be safe. 

Focusing back on the task at her hand, she then turned her attention to Crusher. "Which way should we start?"

"Thats a good point haha, well there is two of us. shouldn't be hard to find" he responded

"i think we can probably find them probably deep in one of the bigger forest's's .. Hmm how about.. lets go.. that way!.

-points towards the biggest Forrest that he knows of. I would guess thats where they would be at. Hmm.. If i had to guess. - Looking around at the players lounging around. "hmm.. Boars... Lizards.. Nope. No plants that i see of around here" Well who knows !. Lets go!"

He says as he Starts tromping towards the forest, straight through the mob's roaming the are

Rolling her obsidian orbs in good nature, Zahra the started after her male counterpart.

Heading towards the forest was probably the right move. If the Little Nepent plant had been out in the open she would have heard about it by now. It was the probably due the fact that it was hidden in the forest that Zahra had not heard about the exact location of such a plant. 

It was right then that the women noticed that Crusher was about to head straight through MOD territory. Luckily, the boars within the fields didn't usually attack unless provoked. Now the same could not be said for the wolves that roamed the area. The wolves were more aggressive than the boars, and there was usually more of them. The further that they headed into the forest; the more likely they would run into wolves. 

"Try not to antagonize anything right now," Zahra suggested, "We need to save our HP for the forest area. It's much more dangerous than the fields."

After avoiding the mobs that he knew would attack him without provocation, he stopped at the start of the forest. Looking around he spoke "Alright, Alright ill stop tromping around. Haha I wonder where the little Nepant is.. Lets check the middle of the forest i suppose.

Looking around he could make out huge trees that were alot higher than the the other trees. They had a strange look to them. They looked healthier than the other trees. "Hmm.. Well look at those" - Pointing those at taller trees

"maybe its life force has something to do with the taller trees. Maybe it affects the forest" .  Thinking to him self. After a moment he spoke " Well lets check there i suppose!"

Looking at the Beautiful Egyptian woman "Dont worry haha. ill protect you" (saying playfully)

"Don't worry, haha. I'll protect you"

To that Zahra raised a delicate eyebrow and allowed a slight smirk to decorate her features. Feeling completely relaxed now that they had made it to the forest--and without any issues-- the Egyptian women merely nodded at his hypothesis. The trees near the middle of the forest appeared to be much healthier than those on the outskirts. 

Being a women with the nature of an older sister Zahra was the first to walk into the area. At first, the trees were sparse and few-and-far between. As the forest continued to go on though the trees became denser, making it harder to see. It would be hard to walk side-by-side in an area like this and if a MOD happened to come after then, their best chance would be to find a clearing. That way they could fight side-by-side rather than having one take on the MOD. 

"If you want, you are more than welcome to lead," Zahra motioned to the space between tree up ahead, "There is not a lot of space for us to maneuver after a certain point."

he smiled back at her as she smirked at him. as they walk through the forest he got his eyes open. He could see what she was talking about. How they were kind of running out of space to fight. And it was getting kind of difficult to walk seeing how they were roots and plants everywhere . seeing that he said what she was thinking. "We are kind of running out of space if we did fight we would have to find a place to fight. Probably a clearing" as he walked through the forest she let him get in front of her that way he could lead the way a little bit. The deeper they got the more dense again. After a little while they came to an area where the trees were less dense Not quite in clearing but less dense. as they walked a little more he saw a strange light coming from the middle of the area. Stopping he looked at her and spoke. "Maybe that is coming from ourplant friend we have to take care of"

"Or it could be a trap of some kind." 

The only reason that Zahra even mentioned this option was due to the many stories that her father told her as a kid. The one in particular that popped into her head was the myth of the creature named JorÅgumo. According to what her father taught her JorÅgumo was a legend where when a spider turned 400 year old, it gains magical powers. It would use those magical powers to turn itself into a beautiful women who lured unsuspecting samurai to their death. The spider did this by playing a biwa and when the samurai was distracted it would then wrap them in it's web and devour the body"We should have some type of contingency plan in case this turns out not be what we think it is."

In a game where dying was a high probability it was better to be safe than sorry. 

"Or it could be a trap of somekind"

Hearing this he responded "Well we wont know untill we investigate" Looking around he didn't see anything but vines and branches on this side. "Oh well, lets go see what is making all the light" As he walked into the almost clearing. He could see in the middle of the area was a Large flower, bloomed open . giving off a lot of light. Surrounded by smaller flowers. that were giving off light. He could tell it was the bigger flower that was giving off so much light. "Oh! its just a flower" As he walked over, he looked it over . It was about 5 foot high, and probably atleast 3 foot wide. Its petals were white, with a red stigma the vine was dark green. "Yep! Just a flower" Patting the flower the 2 of the smaller flowers started to rumble. "Uhh.. whats going on?" As he backed arms started to come out of the ground of the smaller plants, "Uh-oh" As he watched something was coming out of the ground Looking at its name he saw " Nepant Protectors" As it was crawling out he yelled to Zahra "Hey! over here!" Looking around he saw probably close to 10 flowers aside from the big one. that looked the same and he wasn't sure how many were protectors.

Crusher: 13/13

Protector #1 9/9

Protector #2 9/9

Zahra ?/?

"Hey! Over here!"

Head whipping around so hard that raven hair hit her cheek, Zahra stared wide eyed at the current situation. 'Nepant Protectors' were now surrounding the Nepant Plant that was located in the middle of the clearing. Crusher also happened to be located in that same clearing; just a couple feet away from the plant. Taking a breath, Zahra gripped her spear and headed out to meet Crusher. A focused mind was important in these kind of situations. 

Arriving next to him Zahra cast him a side glance before getting ready. Placing one hand near the upper part of the spear and one near the lower part she then slid her leg back slightly to have a supportive stance. Right now the chance were even, but that could change within seconds. 

Crusher: 18/18

Protector #1  9/9

Protector #2  9/9

Zahra       11/11

As Crusher swung at the protector he pivoted on his right foot bringing his sword up the protectors back. Drawing a line of pixles with it. 

Crusher: 12/13
Protector #1 9/9
Protector #2 6/9
Zahra 11/11
Permaroller:
BD 8

As it was hit the plantlike creature threw out its vines. The vines where reddish and fast. As it swung one of its vines it hit Crusher slapping him across the arm and chest, though not seriously harming him

Protector #1 9/9
Protector #2 6/9
Zahra 11/11

Permaroller
MD:7

Seeing the oppurtunity the other sentient creature swung at Zahra, Though it missed completely. Without her even having to defend her self. It backed up and readied its self for another attack it watched them both intently. 

Protector #1 9/9
Protector #2 6/9
Zahra 11/11

Permaroller
MD:4

The protector had missed. 

But that didn't mean that Zahra had just stood there. As a precaution she had place brought the spear up to a defense position. When the attack had completely missed it then settled back down and watched the both of them. This was her chance.

{1D# 4101] {Battle 8 (+1)} {Craft 4} {Loot 7} {MOD 2} Zahra

Waving the tip of the spear around in confusing patterns Zahra then found the perfect place to strike {DAMAGE 1}. The spear pierce the pixialated body of the protector 2, causing it to let out a tiny high pitched screech.  Moving back slightly she then prepared for the next attack. 

Protector #1 9/9
Protector #2 5/9
Zahra 11/11

Protector #1 9/9

Protector #2 0/9

Zahra 11/11

Permaroller:

BD 10

Loot 9+2=11

45 col +1 material (each)

Seeing that Zahra had gone for the weak one, he figured they might as well finish it off before moving on the the next one. As he Pulled his sword up into an arch, he lanched. Punching the blade through its body. It gave out a loud cry as it was hit.

Critical! (5 damage) As he hit it, It disappeared.

Protector #1 9/9

Protector #2 0/9

Zahra 11/11

Permaroller:

MD: 2

Seeing its companion fall, it reared back angrily and swung its vines in a flurry. Going after Crusher it missed, but it let its furry known. The wind off the swings was very violent. However for all its fury, it missed as crusher stepped back defensively.

Distracted by Crusher the protector didn't noticed Zahra move so that she was now in it's blind spot. 

Raising the spear head she jammed it forward...

{ID# 4187} {BATTLE 7} {CRAFT 2} {LOOT 5} {MOD 3} Zahra

landing a hit {DAMAGE 1}. 

Protector #1 8/9
Protector #2 0/9
Zahra 11/11
Permaroller:
BD 6
As Zahra attacked the Protector he followed suit behind her, As he spun in a windmill kind of spin, He spun around and swung at the Protector. Aiming for its vulnerable back. As the blade landed with a "Thwak!" He saw its HP Reduce some and he smiled "Well this is going well!"

(3 Damage)

Protector #1 5/9
Protector #2 0/9
Zahra 11/11

Permaroller:
BD 8

As Zahra jammed her spear into it it made a plant like wail. One like rusting leaves and the harsh sound of something majestic dying. As it spun it tried to back away attacking crusher with its vines. It swung for his ribs. "Thwak!" A large vine caught him across the ribs, A red line appeared across his ribs and he stepped back from the force. It gave another plant like wail as his attackers got into position. 

Crusher: 11/13

Protector #1 5/9
Protector #2 0/9
Zahra 11/11