{OP-F5} The Desert Oasis

Ever since hearing that there was a desert floor, there was nothing Zahra wanted to do more than visit it. There was just something about the vast open plains of sand that drew her in every time. That, and it reminded her very much about her life outside of Sword Art Online.

With a sense of dread, and excitement, she entered the teleporter and entered in floor 5. Seconds later and everything was spinning. Before she knew it she was stumbling out of the teleporter and on to the hard ground. Strange, wasn't the desert suppose to be made of sand? When the world around her finally stopped spinning Zahra was able to see that it was indeed sand, just hardened.

'The is strangely refreshing.'

Righting herself, she wandered further into the town. This place was absolutely amazing. Then she remembered Celes saying something about swimming in the Oasis. Wondering where this oasis was she headed into the town. After all, a little relaxation was definitely what was needed.

Celes waited for her friend. Sitting by the edge of the water, she dipped her feet in the water, cooling them off. The heat bore down on her, but the water provided a much needed respite. She looked round, noticing how the sands stopped and led to the more fertile ground of the oasis. This was heaven. She let herself dip slowly into  the water "aaahhhh" she sighed as the cool water refreshed her. I hope zahra gets here soon... 

As far as Zahra was concerned, this had just become her favorite floor. With the sweltering heat, dry air and gallons of sand it reminded her of home. The only thing that could make it better would be seeing the gigantic tombs that her mother studied. Finally, after several minutes of meandering, she found what she was searching for. 

The desert Oasis. 

There, already relaxing in the refreshing water, was none other than her short haired friend Celes. Seeing her unsuspecting friend caused an idea to form in her head. Feeling that playful grin decorate her features Zahra unequipped everything, and then started running. Gaining speed she hopped right over Celes head and cannon balled into the water, causing quite a splash. "Hey Celes!" Zahra greeted, coming up for air and moving some hair out of her face. "Fancy meeting you here."

Celes waved at her friend and winked. She was in a blue bikini, soaking in the oasis. her hair was wet but still curly. "Fancy meeting you here indeed, how do you like the floor?" She asked with a smile. She had figured Zahra would enjoy it here, after she had talked about a desert. It was a nice place to relax, expecially with the water and sunshine, it felt amazing on her-  well this isnt really my body is it? 

"I absolutely love it." Zahra smiled softly, floating on her back in the cooling water showing off the black and gold bikini that had been specifically purchased for this purpose. This is something that everyone needed to do. They needed to relax in the warm sun and forget about their worries. Forget about their next battle and if they'll survive for just a couple minutes. After all, just because they were stuck in this world didn't mean that they couldn't enjoy life. "So, learning anything interesting lately?" 

Plus, a little girl time was always fun. 

Celes leaned back into the water, then came up for air "satrted fighting on the 9th floor. Its rough up there. Lava everywhere, the fires burn with crazy intensity and everything seems to sting your eyes and lungs....  the monsters up tere are brutal too, hell hounds, flame reapers... This water... This water is so nice after being up there." She looked at Zahra, "what about you, anything new?" 

"Eh, that sounds like no fun," Zahra pouted, not sure how she felt about that fact that the ninth floor being a lava land with hellish monster thrown into the mix. "I've just been kind of sticking to the lower floors right now. Met a couple new people and even found a bear on the first floor. That was the first time I've ever run into one there. I thought it was just boars and wolves...but nope, there was a 6ft foaming mouth grizzly bear." 

Okay, maybe she was exaggerating about the foaming mouth part. 

She had been lucky her party was strong, and for the fact that someone through a monster grenade into the mix. After all, that day her wits had not been about her. She remembers missing more than twice win trying to land a hit on the bear. Shaking her head slightly, Zahra then did a back flip and came back up--face covered with hair. Shaking it out, she sighed in content. Officially the best day ever. 

celes swam around her friend "Back home i go to the beach, I love to swim. Its so fun.... but here I guess i havent gone to swim much." she listened to Zahra tell her about the bear " I fought a bear too, eight floor, little fireld boss. Ursa Major, she was called. She was terrifying 9 foot beast. But hey i made it, got some nice mats out of it too. Ive been working a lot, on my job, you know?" 

"Really?" Zahra questioned, spinning in circles to follow the movement of her friend, "What do you do?" It had never occurred to her that Celes had a profession. Thinking to the different ones Zahra could picture the women as either a performer or even a blacksmith. She herself was interested in the performer profession due to the more acrobatic moves one could do. So many possibilities with a spear."And I know this is rude..,but where did you live in the real world where you could go swimming?" This was also an opportunity to learn more about her friend. After all, if they called each other friends they should know about each others lives and things of that nature, right?  

Celes grinned "I do have a job! haha, I'm an alchemist" she added with a chuckle. Celes watched for Zhara's reaction, waiting to see what she might think of the job. As Zahra continued she smiled to herself, as she floated. She listened and replied in time "I... I was from puerto rico... My.. well my family moved around a lot. Military you see. We didnt stay in one place too often but we always returned home..."

"Alchemy." For just a second Zahra eyed the other female curiously. "It fits you." In fact, now that Celes had mentioned alchemy she could see that it was the perfect match for someone who was so intellectual. Swimming ideally around the Egyptian women continued to listen as her friend proceeded to answer the rest of her question. As it turns around Celes was from a military family. Zahra would have never guessed. "Dang, I bet that was rough and exhilarating at the same time. I mean, seeing all those places, but having to move so much to do so." 

Celes shrugged  " I was always pretty good at making friends, so I guess i never minded much you know? I could keep in touch over the internet... though... I guess i miss a lot of people now that I'm here. We are so... cut off form contact, I guess its important o make friends here too..." She trailed off thinking of her love she left behind.... did he come to visit? did she see her in the hospital, or wherever she was, talk at her, talk to her, while she slept in the virtual world? 

"It most certainly is important!" Zahra exclaimed, swimming over to her friend and placing a hand on her shoulder. "I know there are people on the outside that we miss, but while we here, we are still living. We still have our lives and I firmly believe that whether we're stuck in here or in the real world that friends are important to continue living." There wasn't a day that went by where she had not thought about the people she left behind in the real world. Her family. Her friends. Lately those thoughts had also been wondering towards the people she met in the game. Was Epyon okay? What about Crusher? They were her friends too and she would have never made it as far if she had not met any of them. Celes was included on that list. 

Like everyday on the fifth floor, the temperature was hot and the air was dry. After doing a little bit of training Daeron had physically exhausted himself. At a high level, a single monster doesn't appear to do the trick anymore. As he arrived at the oasis, there were two females. One familiar, the other  not so much.

Unequipping everything but some shorts, he stepped into the warm water and sat near the girls. "What are we talking about here?" he asked, putting his arm around the girl he didn't know as if they were a couple.

The serious conversation that they had been having suddenly got interrupted by the fact that someone had wrapped their arm around her bare shoulders. Tensing, Zahra turned a raised eyebrow to the male that had appeared next to her. With chocolate brown hair sticking out in every which direction, and eyes that appeared red he was attractive, but it was the sheer arrogance that radiated off his being it was easy to tell that he was only attractive and nothing else. Maybe. Taking a calming breath, Zahra offered a tight smile, "Oh, you know, we were just talking about how rude it is to touch someone that you don't even know. Nothing much." Maybe he would take the hint. 

Daeron found out that the girl wasn't impressed. Removing his arm from her body, he gave a smile. "I'm sorry, your right. Perhaps I can make it up to you with dinner tonight?" he asked taking her hand and kissin the surface of her hand, while giving her seductive eyes. For a stranger though, he was shocked he hadn't noticed her before.

(Sorry for short post.)

Golden honey orbs darted back and forth between where her hand was being held, and bright low-lidded red orbs. With the eyes he was giving her he could could have swept any other girl off of her feet, but Zahra wasn't every other girl. She was met males like him in the real world who thought that with the right look and smooth talk they could get to her. In had never worked and it won't work now. "How about you cool off a little?" Zahra commented, using her free hand to splash water on him, "If you going to start anywhere, why don't you start with a name?" With that she she took her hand back and placed it on her hip, waiting.

Feeling the water hit him on his torso and face, he found it to feel amazing. After he stretched for a moment, Daeron expected her to ask that. "The name's Daeron, Level thirty-three." he said with a smirk on his face. He reached out his hand so that she could shake it. After they had shaken hands, Daeron had an idea.

"Now that you mention cooling off, you look pretty hot yourself." he said as he splashed her back with some water. He hoped that she would pick up on his seductive compliment.

The water felt amazing and the cool air felt just as good, helping him keep cool and not dehydrate. The area looked so small, but beautiful. The coarse desert sand feeling fine and very granulated with almost a silky texture to it.

He walked around the 5 floor His white skin looked as though it had never see the light of day. This floor didn't seem so bad after he had been to the 9th. He came up to the oasis and saw a few people in the water his eyed glowed a bit as he looked at them. He new Dearon for the tournament and had traveled a few time with Celes, but did know the other player that was with them. He ran his right hand through his semi long silver hair to get a better look at the players as he sat down next to the water edge.

He opened up the hub and took off his white baggy pants and put on a pair of dark blue shorts mixed with black. Putting his feet in the water as he placed his hand behind him to lean on as he slightly titled his head it looked like Dearon was already making his move's on the other player. He a light smile came across his face as it was a nice day for a swim. He just didn't want to jump in just yet.  

After his introduction the male player--now known as Daeron--stuck his hand out in expectation of a handshake. Being raised to show manners, Zahra reached out and lightly grasped Daeron's hand. Afterward the hand fell back at her side. Zahra was not going to introduce herself, if he really wanted to know he would ask or find out, depends on how's she feeling at that moment. Not only had Daeron introduced himself, but his level, which was impression in itself. There was a feeling that the only reason he mentioned it was to get some type of reaction out of her. Probably to fuel that ego radiated off of him. 

Suddenly, he made a comment about her looking pretty hot herself. Not even seconds later water had hit her torso and face. The droplets rolled off of her as if she were a made of glass and back into the oasis. "Aw, Daeron," Zahra murmured lowly, allowing a small smirk to decorate her features, "Why don't you tell me something I don't know?" Of course, that could be taken two ways; one being that she understood the underlying meaning of his statement and two being that he thought she was being literal. In the few seconds of knowing him Zahra assumed that he would go with the first one. There was a brief second where she thought that she might be being too judgmental, then again, he had not done anything to prove that her judgments where wrong. 

Behind Daeron another stranger settled on the brim of the oasis. Zahra offered a smile in his direction, even if she didn't know him. This was an open oasis and anyone could join. She wondered if Celes knew any of these guys...she had gotten awful quiet...