(PP-F1) Golden Sunset (Sousuke)

(Im not sure exactly what you wanted us to do in this thread, socializing or hunting mats. I'll leave it up to you. :D )

Manta sat on the edge of the fountain near the exit to the city, reading a book. It detailed how to create a special potion that was supposed to make peoples skin turn different colors. It seemed like the perfect potion to prank someone with. Harmless, but still really funny. And the effects went away after a day so there was no permanent effect either.  She finished reading it and put it back in her inventory and then just sat there, staring at the sky. It was the late afternoon, with about two hours or so till sunset. Still, the sun was casting strange patterns on the clouds, turning them a purplish color that was truly beautiful.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sousuke was just heading to the centre of The city of Beginnings today he planned on helping out the newer players that still hadn't left the safe zone. It was weird being back on the first floor after so long. His last venture he admitted was the same as what he is doing now really but still it felt weird. He decided to head back to the fountain where he usually observed the players to see who needed help when he noticed a familiar girl sitting on the edge of the fountain just looking at the sky. He remembered her from the last time he was here Manta was her name. I lit a cigarette and took a seat next to her and spoke up. ''Hey miss hows things down here its been a while hasn't it?'' he said to her as his way of greeting.

Manta looked up to see Sousuke sitting there beside her. She hadn't even noticed him come up. "Hey Sousuke! Things are going well... I'm about to open my shop in a day or two, so that's pretty exciting. What about you? Anything awesome happening?" She turned her body slightly so that she could talk to him more easily, crossing her legs as she did so. She smiled and looked up at him as he was a good three inches taller than her.

Sousuke held his cigarette on the opposite side from Manta to be polite and smiled at her seeing her again made him happy that she was getting on well after all she seemed to be able to handle herself really well and it would be a shame to lose her, that and Sousuke had his personal reasons why he didn't want to see he go. ''A shop eh what kind of shop are you going to open?'' he asked ''Oh and nothing to interesting on my end I just plan on taking a quest up on the fifth floor to learn a silly skill that I don't even need, other than it being a game and I cant use my real life survival skills without it it seems.'' he told her shrugging and taking another drag of his cigarette.

"An alchemy one! All the better to prank people with." She grinned impishly for dramatic effect and then went back to her regular smile. "Be careful up there." She turned and gazed back up at the sky thoughtfully. "Im very nervous about it... What if no one ever comes to buy stuff? And what if it turns out im not good enough at potions? ... What I really want for this game is to be a well known alchemist and Im worried something will happen to keep me from reaching that goal." She poured her thoughts out all at once, her face downturned as she thought about her doubts.

Sousuke laughed when she let all her doubts out at once he couldn't help himself it was cute she was worried but he knew it took delecate hands to make potions, something she demonstrated with ease. "Haha you'll be fine it takes a delicate touch to make potions just right and you certainly have that." He said holding her hand

Her stomach filled with butterflies as she felt him take hold of her hand. She took a deep breath and tried not to blush. She only halfway succeeded though, and her cheeks turned pink. It was very nice to be comforted by someone, and she felt her doubts and fears about the shop fall away slowly. She gave his hand a squeeze and looked up at him. She wanted to compliment him, but she didn't know him well enough to be able to say anything that wouldn't be silly, like your a nice person, or something that had no bearing on the situation like, your cute. Instead she just smiled up at him, silently thanking him and trying to convey that through her eyes.

Sousuke realised what he was doing and inwardly panicked normally in a situation like this he would withdraw and feel embarassed but he was doing a some what good job at hiding it for the moment. All he could feel at that moment was the rushing water in the fountain and the warmth of Manta's hand against his. His instincts told him one thing and his head another. He felt his cheeks. heat up a bit and guessed he was blushing. His heart was racing and all logic ran away the moment he held her hand but what should he do? Should he close the gap or let go? "Errrrrm ..." was all he managed to say.

She giggled softly. It was kind of cute the way he was all flustered just from holding her hand. She grinned a bit and scooted in a little closer to him, until their legs were almost touching, to see what he would do. She hoped he wouldn't scoot away or something like that. She wanted to lean her head against his shoulder, but was terrified of what his reaction might be. She decided to play dumb and pretend she didn't realize why he was so flustered. "Are you feeling all right Sousuke?" She said, trying not  to laugh.

Sousuke sat there a little dumb struck just being in this situation was foreign ground to him. He kept his grip on her hand and let her scoot closer to him. He felt a bit hot under the coller and decided to go with his gut instinct "Yea." He said. still holding her gaze and scooting closer him self to see how she reacted.

Her breathing quickened as he scooted closer to her. Now their legs were touching. He looked down at her and they locked gazes. She was no longer sure how to react, and broke eye contact with him momentarily, looking down at her feet and blushing before looking back up at him. She then turned her head and slowly lay her head comfortably on his shoulder.

The girl rested her head upon Sousuke's shoulder after displaying some uncertainty. He let her rest there few moments before putting his arm around her shoulders trying to comfort her after an awkward situation. He looked up into the sky. and noticed the sun was about to set and spoke up. "You know I often come here to watch the sun set, its so relaxing." He said to her as he watched

Manta relaxed as he put his arm around her. She felt safer somehow.  She looked over towards the horizon where the sun was now setting, sending beautiful splashes of color across the sky and the clouds."It is very beauriful." She said, awed. She smiled contentedly. This could never happen in real life due to her parents. It was one of the reasons she liked the game. She was free from them.

Sousuke held her closer and smiled to himself the sunset was really a sight to behold the orange colours darting across the sky casting an orange glow around everything. The girl beside him spoke and all he caught was beautiful and he answered without thinking. ''Yes you are.'' he said then grew stiff and sat there really awkwardly trying to hide his blush after realising what he just said. It was quite the comical spectacle.

Manta laughed for a second before turning her head to respond to him. "And your cute." She blushed, making it obvious she wasnt used to giving out compliments. She went back to looking at the sunset, her cheeks matching the red of the clouds. She glanced back up at him for a second and then back towards the sky, relaxing and going back to leaning on him.

She smiled and lightly punched him jokingly in the shoulder. "Come on." Then she grabbed his hand and pulled him towards a nearby building. It was a smaller sort of building, but it had that quaint look that she loved. It looked almost exactly like a log cabin. She turned her head to look back at him, her eyes twinkling in the moonlight.

Sousuke let her lead her to a small resterant remniscient of a log cabin and looked at Manta. Her eyes seemed to shine in the moonlight and he blushed under her gaze. He hoped that the darkness atleast hid it but couldn't be too sure. "So erm what's it like here." He asked her still locked to her gaze.