[OP-F1] When Rome's In Ruins

Daeron put his hand on her shoulder and he raised her head so that his eyes could meet with hers. "No, you're not a terrible person at all. If anything I am." he said as he brushed some of her bangs out of her face. Realizing what this whole situation appears to look like, Daeron moved away, his cheeks  with a barely visible pink hue. "Don't worry, I'm not going to kiss you. I made that mistake last time." he said as he kept his distance from her. Daeron then thought of what she said. "I'd be willing to try to help you get through this whole 'problem' if you'd like", he offered as he looked off into the plains.

Daeron didn't quite know what to think of his own life right now anyway. He had been in such a glum mood the past few days anyways, and now suddenly, the same feeling of emotion had hit him again. The feeling that made him consider the possible outcomes of his death. Would it be a tragedy? Would it be a day to celebrate? He was curious as he didn't want to think of this, but he wasn't quite feeling like living anymore. Turning his glance down towards the grass right in front of him, he kept silent, didn't say anything, and held his head down on his hands with his elbows driven into the soil.

He allowed his eye lids to cover his orange eyes and he prevented himself from sprinting towards the edge of Aincrad and jumping without even the slightest warning.

Daeron lifted her head up so her eyes met his- he said he was a terrible person. Mari scoffed, "you seem pretty decent to me."

Her eyes closed as she felt him brush away bangs of hair. She wasn't worried, he said he really cared for Lessa, and the timing of Daeron's kiss had been less than favorable. "Timings a b***h. You picked a bad time." Mari laughed as she elbowed him in the shoulder.

"who knows - things could be different."

Mari fell silent as Daeron looked out to the plains before them, seemingly loosing his arrogant drive. "I appreciate the offer, but- goin out on a limb here and saying you look like you need it more than me." Mari sounded somewhat concerned for the man. Whenever she saw him he was always alone.

Daeron sighed and tried to smile for Mari. When he had taken in what she said, he was truly thinking of everything that was happening around him. "No wonder you and Alkor work. Your sweet, cute, and you have an interesting vibe about you that draws people around you. It's funny, but right now I envy him." he admitted.

Daeron genuinely figured out why she was so likeable and so favorable. Deciding to take his mind from the depression Daeron tried to cheer himself up a bit. "If you don't mind, I'd like to get to know you on a much more personal level..." he asked, trying to change the subject.

"eh!?" Mari said, shocked by his sudden words. She glanced away, face pink as he complimented her and even went as far as to say he envied Alkor. Mari still wasn't exactly used to compliments. They made her feel out of place, awkward - what was she supposed to say to them? "I don't know why. People must be idiots..." Mari muttered, "I'm not exactly the most tender person around - nor do I beat around the bush. I lack tact." Mari shook her head, turning her gaze back to his. "Thanks." It was a mumbled appreciation. Mari decided it best to not beat herself up. She was honestly in too good of a mood to continue that line of thought.

Daeron asked if he could know Mari on a more personal level. Mari pursed her lips. "Depends on what level that is. You're easy to talk to. I am in a good mood, so you may just luck out my arrogant friend."

Watching her face change hues from peach to a visible pink, Daeron neared his face so their lips nearly met, as if he was about to kiss her. Then, right as he looked into her pink, beautiful eyes, he shifted slightly closer. "I'm leaving that up to you as to how much you're willing to trust me." he said, moving his lips to her cheek and lightly pressing them and then backing away slowly.

Curious where that action had taken him, he stayed relaxed almost as if he never even kissed her cheek. "The name is Bryan." he finally said as he placed his hands behind his head to help him get comfortable once more.

Daeron inched closer, and Mari quirked a brow. What was his game? Didn't he like Lessa? Didn't he just proclaim he hated Alkor? And her actions with him?

"You really do just whatever you want don't you?" Mari asked, unflinching. She was right in her resolve; Daeron hadn't kissed her lips, he instead shifted to her cheek.

"Bryan eh? I'm Amari. Mari was just a shortened version of that." Mari said as she finally shifted her gaze from him back out toward the fields. Mari didn't question his action, it was harmless and she was in a good enough mood to let it slide.

"Bryan..." Mari said, repeating his name as she committed it to memory.

"Amari huh? I like it. As for Lessa, I don't know what to do anymore. I'm done trying so hard." he said as he slid his hand on top of hers, which was smaller compared to his own. Sliding beside her, he gave her a nudge in the arm. "I'm terrible with meeting new people and yeah, I do what I want." he said as he smiled.

Pondering about what had gotten into him. Perhaps her cheeriness was actually rubbing of on him, and he didn't mind it. Closing his hand in her hand so they were holding hands, Daeron thought that it'd be interesting to see the type of reactions he could get out of her, since she surprised him by not doing anything after he kissed her.

"Heh sure you do Romeo." Mari joked, her smile faded somewhat as Daeron mentioned Lessa, and how he was done trying. "Mmm... I guess I can understand that - you don't seem like the man to just wait around. I mean, why should you?"

Mari jumped a tad as she felt his hand slide over hers. She shot him a questioning look- was he just seeking comfort?

"You aren't too bad at meeting new people, maybe you just scare them away with that cocky grin of yours." Mari chided, a joke to attempt to raise his spirits.

Mari felt him squeeze her hand tighter, and figured... Or assumed it was for comfort. The man seemed to slowly be taken out of his funk.

"Lucky I'm in a good mood, else my hand may be across your face instead." She said with a soft laugh.

Daeron gave an easy laugh. "Yeah, your hands are soft anyways. I bet those lips of yours are too." Daeron said, starting to continue his flirtatious manner like he usually did. Mari was right though, why should he keep waiting after everything he has done. Pulling Mari's hand to his lips, he gave the outside of her hand yet another kiss.

After his lips connected, he moved them up near hers again, where this time he only had a smile on his face and seductive eyes looking into hers. "Have I ever mentioned I do what I want?" he said planting a quick kiss on her lips and then pulling away slowly, expecing to get slapped any moment now, he prepared himself mentally.

"Well I don't fight as much as others...I don't even know how I fell into becoming a frontline- wait what!? Hold up!"

Did he just say that? Mari knew Daeron to be somewhat flirtatious but he had suddenly become very bold in his words, and his actions.

Mari shyed away as he planted warm lips to her hands. She tried to give a snappy come back. "Do you have any idea where my hands have been?"

He seemed to ignore her, locking golden eyes with Mari, they were half lidded, and he held a come hither look to them- Mari gave a small frown, where did this sudden confidence and arrogance come from? That was a stupid question... It was always there, he was just down earlier.

He lightly pressed his lips to hers and Mari drew back, shoving him away with her hands against his chest. "What the hell Bryan! I thought you were down and out, was that just some sort of manipulative ploy!?" She asked, cheeks red. Visibly fuming and frustrated. How could he do that t to her? To Lessa? Mari wouldn't question Alkor, Daeron clearly had no respect for the man.

Daeron shook his head denying her statement. "Well no, I'm still upset. I just try not to bother people too much. It was a petty mistake, letting you see my emotional side. I let my guard down around you. Though I may be slighty manipulative, even for me that's crossing the line." he said with a straight face and eye contact with her.

Daeron yawned as he didn't think it was too big of a deal either. "In case it helps, you are the only person in Aincrad that knows my real name, so you should feel special." he said with proud arrogance.

It was true though, even the most known people like Zelrius and Oske and anyone else have never been informed of his real name. In fact, nobody actually knew the real him. The only person they know is the arrogant him, the fake person he created to appear strong willed and untouchable by people's emotions, when deep down he's always been a sentimental person.

Mari ran her hands through cotton candied hair with a soft sigh. Taking a few deep breaths she tried to calm herself, willing her heart to slow down. "Could've fooled me." Mari said, "look..." She paused, furrowing her brow. "Sorry..." She muttered under her breath in a barely audible tone.

She didn't mean to make him feel crappy for showing her an emotional side. "You're so flippant." Mari began bluntly, "you jump from this arrogant man who enjoys killing to this emotional and pensive man, it's hard to keep track." She gave him a small smile, "Good to know." Mari would never admit it, but she was easily manipulated- especially by those closest to her.

Mari laughed as his arrogant facade began to creep up to the surface again. She placed a hand on her heart and imitated a swoon.

"Oh my, such an honor you have bestowed on lil' ol' me." Mari said in a fake southern accent as she fanned herself with her hand.

Daeron laughed at her sarcasm and pretending. "You should be a performer." he said with a smirk on his face. Letting his hair cover part of his orange eyes, he did nothing to get the bangs of his brown hair reveal his forehead. Standing up after laying for so long required Daeron to stretch out his arms and his legs. Once fully standing and not stretching, Daeron put his hands into his pockets.

"Well then Mari, I think I'm going to call it for today! I've got a little bit of training that needs to be done." he said as he reached out his hand to help her stand up himself. He didn't care about the fact that he just kissed her again, but it got him realizing that maybe it wasn't quite worth giving up on the ones he loved just yet. For some reason something inside of him was telling him to keep trying until things turn out for the better.

Though Daeron did go through a series of moodswings in this single session, he had finally resulted in a final mood state where he was for the most part... happy. A sensation that he usually didn't feel, but regardless, he was glad he felt it as it did boost his esteem too. "Oh, sorry for kissing you by the way. Forgot you have a boyfriend." he added at the end of his actions.

Daeron made a remark about how Mari should be a performer, she gave him a lop-sided grin. "Actually...I am, was the first thing I did when I got trapped here." Mari sighed, as she tugged absently on her pink hair; taking on a musing tone. "Although it's useful in battle; I feel I was a tad too hasty in my decision. I make no Col from it, and let's face it, ya need a decent stash of Col to do much of anything here." 

Mari watched as Daeron gave a yawn and stretched before standing; shoving his hands in his pockets. Daeron said he was going to call it for today; cutting their meeting short. Training. Mari pursed her lips as she contemplated that. There was once a time where players were after her head, but she hadn't heard from them in quite some time. Mari had grown stronger; mayhaps she had scared them off? Or were they secretly training to become stronger to kill her? Mari shrugged her shoulders at her inner thoughts. She didn't really feel like training right now. 

Mari blinked realizing Daeron had held his hand out toward her, how long had he been offering his hand? Mari accepted; and used it to pull herself up. "He isn't my boyfriend." Mari said simply. She wasn't sure what to call him, and she voiced as such. "I don't know what he and I are exactly. I'm content right now. So I guess, that's all that matters eh?" 

• 3 weeks later...

Daeron rolled his eyes, not caring about any of these concerns anymore. He'd rather let bygones be bygones rather than living in the past. Letting out a loud sigh, he gave her a grin. "Well, regardless of what you two are, I don't care anymore. As for myself, I'm going to go live my live like a true villain and just not care about the damnest of things. So here is me, walking away." he said as he began to tread through the plains away from where Mari was. It was funny, moments ago he was just complaining about his own problems, now he was acting even more stuck up and showing how he doesn't care about her.

He didn't look back at her to see what she was thinking or doing at that, he simply looked forward and kept walking. Ignoring boars running to the side of him several meters away and walking a trail that led into a densely populated woods that was nearing him. After a few more moments of boring stuff, Daeron had entered the woods, disappearing from Mari's view.