(PP-F1) A meeting of new (Rolland & Zahra) (Completed)

A cold breeze dances across the land, the leaves fall, as they follow the wind, ever so matching the steps of the breeze. A white haired boy, about the age of 19-20, his sapphire blue eyes gazed at the night sky. Filled with the stars of the unknown, not one matched the constellations back home, his pale tan skin glowing in the moonlight. As he was sitting alone, on the fountain in the main plaza, not one other player was about as they all went inside, and Rolland was by himself, no weapon out, at least not yet. Clothing not like his previous attire, a long black leather coat, a pair of tactical jeans, and some military grade combat boots, all black. He wandered the first floors plaza, enjoying the night life, as his white hair danced in the wind and the moon light, his sapphire eyes sparkled and his whole body seemed to glow from the light of the full moon. 

-Rollands Face-

large.jpg

-Rollands new Clothes-

Shadow Dance

Shadow Skin

Dark Step

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fall breeze blew threw the open window tussling playfully with the forest green curtains; foretelling of the colder weather that was to come. In the small, dull gray room there was nothing more than a single wide bed and a trivial desk. Within the single wide bed laid a restless young women. For the past two hours this young women had been laying there, trying to let the sandman come and take her off to a dreamless sleep--but no matter how long she waited he never came. The next breeze that blew through the window beckoned to her with a gentle caress across her cheek. Twisting out of her warm cocoon she opened her menu to apply casual attire and then left out the door. Before long she was down below, wandering the city that was now a ghost-town. The only sound was that of the night and the click her tall boots made as they hit the pavement. The wind ran it's tendrils through hair the color of raven's feathers; it blew the loose maroon knit sweater and brushed past blue jeans. 

Her feet lead the way while her mind waved in and out between empty streets. Before Zahra knew it she had arrived at the fountain that decorated the square--the water still flowing gracefully and soundless. There relaxed on the ledge was another player admiring the night like herself. His features were highlighted by the night, giving him the appearance of an angel watching over the fountain. "It's a beautiful night for star watching, isn't it?" Zahra murmured, gliding over and taking a seat on the ledge like him. She placed her hands down and then leaned back, letting the moon's light wash over her as she let her gaze wander over the vast openness above them.  

--Zahra--

53725969_fire_emblem_awakening_tharja_mi

A sound of a woman caught Rollands attention, as his sapphire blue eyes, deep as the stone they resembled gazed upon a woman. Her stance was allowing the night light to make her glow like his hair. White strands of his hair danced, making his hair slash his eyes colour, making them play peek a boo with this woman, as her own hair, the color made Rolland think of obsidian. Her clothing was rather unique, something about it caught his attention, but the woman in general was unique, when he heard her question he spoke. "Quite so, but these constellations are unknown to me, though I can't have everything I wish for, so this is what I will live with seeing." His Boy-lolito voice breaking through the wind, as it was light, and rather pleasant to hear, but of course it was, he was a popstar, and his voice was tuned to be pleasant in talking and singing. As he leaned back abit as well, he kicked his leg up and wrapped his hand around it making it possible to be leaned on, as the tail flaps of his coat danced in the grip of the wind, his hair doing the same, as hie skin was gleaming more now, as the moon was rid of clouds.

That night the sky was mostly clear, save for the few puffs of water vapor that lingered here and there. As the fall wind blew it effortlessly rolled those cottony puffs across the endlessness--causing the bright light of the moon to flicker like a dying light on the empty city. It was just enough light to be able to see the more detailed features of her companion. His snow white hair was hit by the moon just right so that it gave off a soft glow. The sapphire orbs that had pierced her own golden honey ones were aloft, staring at the small glittering lights that littered the sky. He was most certainly around her own age of nineteen. The answer to the question came sooner rather than later, and Zahra listened to that answer intently, for what he spoke was true. They did not have the same constellations. There was no Leo the Lion or Cancer the Crab. There was just stars. "While the constellations are not the same, the fact that there are some make me feel just a little bit closer to the world I left behind." Zahra gently stated, more to herself than to him, "But you know we could always make them more familiar to us by making our own." No one had bothered to look at the sky and name anything, they were all too worried about surviving, but the life lived in Sword Art Online was still life and it still needed to be lived. 

Rolland nodded as he rubbed his neck abit, "That maybe true, but this situation at hand, where to begin?" He said as he looked up at the night sky, his sapphire eyes gazing at the sparkles trying to find some that formed a figure in the sky. As he finally found one in the sky, was directly above him as he leaned back to see it, his hair falling back, revealing all of his face, "There that one, it reminds me of Yggdrasil, the Tree of Life in Norse Mythology." He said pointing at it, and then pulling back to looking at the woman in front if him, "How bout you find one this time, and while we are at it, mind answering a question?" He asked her, as he gazed at her honey colored eyes, his own now changing into a more colorful tone, they shifted to a Amethyst violet, giving him a different aura, as his white hair danced slightly in his face. 

-Constellation Discovered-

maxresdefault.jpg

Beginning was always the hardest part, but that didn't deter the stranger for just seconds later his sapphire orbs were searching the sky. Taking after his example Zahra too turned a curious gaze toward the little lights above and began to search. Suddenly her gaze was been drawn by his finger to a cluster of stars right above them. If one used their imagination the cluster took the appearance of a tree. It was a pleasant surprise that he had chose the name for this constellation from a familiar Norse Legend Yggdrasil or The Tree of Life. Almost automatically his gaze was drawn back to her and hers to him. Her companion then proceeded to tell her that it was her turn to find one, and asked if she minded answering a question. "Ask away." Zahra suggested, offering a friendly smile of encouragement. It was then that she noticed that the sapphire eyes had changed color. Or maybe that had been a trick from the light, but with the moon as her only light source it was hard to tell.

Rolland rubbed his chin, looking over her clothing, "Your clothes, if i do recall, they look like they originate from Ancient Egypt, are you Egyptian?" He asked the raven haired woman, as his violet colored eye looking at her clothing then to her eyes for some reason he couldn't pull away from them. As he tried his hardest to not blush, his old self would be too timid to speak to her, but he casted that old self away and and now was a different Rolland, one that Prim would never recognize, as his clothing flapped in the wind, he brought his leg up and wrapped his arms around it, allowing him to lean on it with his chin and still keep and eye on the woman, as now the clouds rolled over the moon. Covering it with a dark shadow, as this happened his eyes began to glow in the darkness of the clouds, as now she color violet was the only color his eyes held. 

It had not been the over-active imagination kicking in after all. Now that one of the few clustered of water vapor had passed over the moon it was easy to tell that they had indeed changed color. The amethyst violet was just a soul piercing as the sapphire. Hearing the question posed only caused her smile to widen. "Only half." Zahra clarified, "On my mother's side." The slight bite that the fall wind had was starting to take it's toll. Bringing both legs up she then snaked her arms around them and drew them close to herself. She didn't noticed the strangers staring though, because after answering the question she turned her eyes to the sky once more. It was her turn find one. Suddenly, her hand shot out toward a cluster of stars to her left, his right.  "It looks like a sword...so Cailburn. Or more commonly know as Excalibur. " The legendary sword from Arthurian Legends that was said to choose the rightful sovereignty of Great Britain. "Your turn." Zahra started factually, returning her gaze back to him. 

--Caliburn--

Dragon-Age-Inquisition-Astrariums-In-The

He looked up where this woman was pointing and he saw it, as he then heard her saw she was half Egyptian, his eyes widen as this was exciting, when it was his turn, he looked about the sky. Till he found it, a star cluster that was shaped like something he had always wanted to fight, "There, it looks like... I know now, Athena, Lady of the Stars?" He said as he pointed to the cluster straight ahead of him, taking one of the goddess from Greek Mythology. He had a smile when he said it as, he then reverted his eyes back to this woman, and spoke yet again, "How bout your name, I mean, if were going to be finding the constellations if this world, I need to know the name of my partner, so mat I know it?" He said as this was almost a job and they were both employees of Kayaba to find the constellations, he rubbed his nose and leaned back abit, but as he did he lost his balance and started falling back. He grabbed the edge of the fountain, but his head was now under the fountains water fall of water, he quickly pulled his head out, and his hair and face was shiny now, the wetness of his hair made it glimmer, as he let out a depressed sigh, "Well i feel refreshed now, so tell me, what kind of hobbies do you prefer to take upon?" He asked this woman, she now having two questions to answer from him.

-Athena, Lady of the Stars-

maxresdefault.jpg

Following the his line of sight was another group of stars. This one had been dubbed Athena, ancient Greek goddess of mainly wisdom and courage. Focusing her gaze back on him Zahra was glad to see that the corners of his mouth had finally turned up into a handsome smile. It was amazing how different people appeared when they smiled. His happened to highland the more handsome features of his facial structure. Listening to the next question posed, Zahra opened to mouth to answer, but was stopped by the fact that he had slipped into the falls of the fountain. Zahra had to quickly place a hand over her mouth to keep a laugh from escaping and to keep him from seeing the wide grin that had taken over her features. Some people were very sensitive to that kind of thing. Luckily for her, he played it off and then asked another question. Relaxing, she calmed herself down and answered the second question first. "Reading, Writing, Learning, Star Gazing...and the list goes on." Zahra stated nonchalantly, "And I'm Zahra. Nice to meet you..." She then paused due to the fact that she didn't know his name. After she got him name, then she would start asking questions. 

Rolland looked over at the woman as she said her name, "Zahra, nice to meet you, I am Rolland." He said, as he looked at her, as he also heard her interests, as he leaned back again, but this time he held his balance. "I like certain similar things, reading is nice, and i do a lot of writing, as well as my singing." He said as he leaned forward now, his eyes gleaming in the light, as the moon made Rollands face glow more, as it was damp, he turn to her with a smile and spoke. "so you must have some questions for me, go ahead answer them, as I have asked you many to begin with." He said, pointing out a major detail in the conversation they were having, as his hair was in his face and poking his eyes. He takes his hand and slides his hair back and then smiles as his full face was now in full view.

Rolland was an interesting fellow. When first meeting him Zahra had thought that he was a melancholy soul who enjoyed the solidarity of the night. Now, that might now be the case. It was almost like his personality had done a complete 180. His eyes were shining with excitement, and he was smiling. "Well," Zahra started, tilting her head slightly to the right, "Why did you get so excited when I said that I was half Egyptian?" There were times where she could be unobservant, such as when she ran into Crow while reading, but this time she had noticed his Amethyst orbs light up when it had been confirmed. "Also, do you have a favorite book? And what kind of music do you sing?" Zahra had to stop herself there, but with each question she had leaned forward slightly, awaiting the answers.

Rolland tilted his head when she asked him while he smiled when he found out about her being half Egyptian, "Well for starters there are not that many people that have unique bloodlines living in Japan, take me for example, I'm half Arabic." He said as he heard her other questions, "Well I like to read Romance genre, and Mystery, but I like Action and Fantasy as well, Stephen King is a book title I like, but I also like to read the Classics like Shakespeare." As he caught his wording before he stumbled over it, he spoke again, "And the music I sing, is usually tribute songs, and some Japanese voicing lyrics." "I have dabbled in Rock, Heavy Metal, but those hurt my throat, I have also singed a few Soft Rock, my list is getting broader as we speak." He said looking at Zahra, "Now, how bout you, what books do you read, and the music you like to listen to?" He asked her, wondering about her, as his aura seemed to flicker with curiosity and was almost childlike as one would look at it, his eyes big and full of wonder. 

Leaning forward, and nearly toppling forward in the process, Zahra intently listened to his reply. The excitement that had been witnessed when hearing that she was half-Egyptian suddenly made sense when he stated that he himself was half-Arabic. "That's true, there is not." Zahra murmured, drawing her gaze to the rippling water. What Rolland had said was correct, there were not may people in Japan who were not full-blooded and the ones that weren't usually had a rough time. Especially in school. Other children bullied the ones that weren't full Japanese. Zahra had even experienced some of this bullying by being told she looked funny or that her skin was too dark. When her father had found out he had been furious. "As for books, well, let's just say there isn't a genre that I don't enjoy. Stephen King is an excellent author. I especially like Salem's Lot. One of my top authors is Neil Gaiman though." Zahra grinned, bringing her gaze back up and eyes lite with excitement. "And music, I tend to listen to classical or soft rock. The only kind I really, really dislike is Opera. It kind of hurts my ears." 

Rolland covered his ears when she said Opera, "You to?" "I hate the high pitch voices they make, and you like reading  Neil Gaiman as well?" "Coraline was one of my favorites to read as a kid, The Graveyard Book was another, yet I liked The Ocean at the End of the Lane." Rolland said as he now was interested in Zahra even more, as she was someone who liked the same things he did and hated the ones he did as well. With his Amethyst violet eyes gleaming he gazed at her, and scooted closer, "So tell me, what other things do you like to do, other than star gazing and conversating about things you like and hate?"  He said, being not only witty but honest, as he was more interested in Zahra than any other person, the first one to like the novels he liked and  the same music he liked and as well hating Opera.

It felt strange to talk to someone who was basically a copy of yourself--with the only difference being gender. "What else?" Zahra laughed lightly, dropping a hand in the water and watching the ripples fan out further and further away. The thing was, this was a question that actually required thought. Most people would be able to list off things, but Zahra had spent most of her life focused on her younger sister, Kya. Even while attending College she worried about how she was doing and if everything was alright. Although, there was one thing that did come to mind when he asked. "You know, when I was younger my father and me would go ghost hunting. Where I lived in Japan had a lot of ghost stories attached with it--probably one of the reasons my father choose it--and we would go out at night just to visit some of those places." Just thinking about some of those places gave her cold chills. "There are times were some friends and I will go now. They love to ask me about the lore involving the place. Most of the time they freak out before even getting there." Zahra grinned at the memories. "Probably pretty lame, hn?" 

Rolland shook his head, "No, not at all, I can't really say much about my father, other than he tried his hardest to take care of me and my little brother and baby sister wen our mother left us." He said as he looked up at the sky, "I lost him a year after our mother left in a car accident, and I took my two siblings to go live with our grandparents, they loved us, even if we were half bloods." Rolland said as he had a tear running down his eye now, as he still had a smile on his face, as he was trying to bottle his emotions down, but it was no use, his sadness had found its way to come out. As now, his eyes were over flowing with tears, as he didn't even realize it, but still he held a false smile on his face trying to be the strong one here.

The smile was fake. That would have been obvious even if there weren't tears leaving streaks across his cheeks. Rolland paid no mind to them though as they formed droplets on his chin, then fell onto his black pants--his mind completely elsewhere. There was nothing that Zahra could say that the male hadn't heard before. So, she didn't say anything. Instead, she tentatively scooted closer to Rolland, and then when she was close enough she reached out and grabbed his hand. She had not known him very long, but if there was one thing she hated seeing, it was people in distress--especially a friend. His skin was warm to the touch, causing the a stinging sensation when the heat came in contact with the chill on her own skin. In a comforting gesture, Zahra gave Rolland's hand a light squeeze, letting him know that she was right there and willing to listen or just be there. There was a slight guilty feeling welling up in her stomach for accidentally bringing up such an obviously painful topic. Even if she hadn't know, she could not knock away that slight gnawing sensation in the pit if her stomach. 

Rolland turned to Zahra as she grabbed his hand and with his free hand he wiped away the tears, "It's okay Zahra, you don't have to worry about me, not many people do so I am use to it but thank you." He said he as squeezed her hand lightly and gave her a real smile as he loved the warm sensation it brought and he not knowing intertwined his fingers with hers and looked up at the stars, seeing how they reminded him of his own eyes and he sighed. Feeling the cool air upon his skin and the warm caring touch Zahar was giving him, he turned to her again, her eyes ever so hypnotizing, "Say, wanna go out and kill some boars, better than just sitting here and doing nothing much more than what we are already doing, how bout some training unless, you not up for it." he said to her, and then spoke again, "Either way, I'm fine for whatever you want to Zahra." He said to her and looked back up at the stars, his hand still within her own, as he literally did not realize that his hand was like that.

A light dusting of rose cascaded across her cheeks--and it wasn't due to the chill in the air either. "Your right, I don't have to worry about you," Zahra mumbled, her gaze still above them, "But I want to." At that she offered a wide grin in his direction. They had just met, but she could that they would become close friends, and perhaps one day even more. One never knows what the future might bring. Hearing Rolland suggest that they do something other than enjoy such a beautiful peaceful night--like doing a hunt--caused her to tilt her head slightly. A hunt now would not be bad. The fields were probably just as empty as the city. He had also said whatever she wanted to do was fine as well. That was an option that had not been heard in a while. Once her sister came that became Zahra's main focus. Her parents even joked that it was Zahra had been the one who had a child, not her mother. "A hunt sounds good to me. I could always stand to gain a few levels." Zahra laughed a little. The higher ones level became the more likely they were to fight on the front lines, and survive. Tenderly releasing Rolland's hand, she stood and stretched, "Ready when you are."