(PP-F1) A meeting of new (Rolland & Zahra) (Completed)

Rolland nodded as he felt Zahra's hand leave his, his frown came, and then he stood up and he looked at the gate of the towns exit, and he smiled as he turned to her, "Well this way miss Zahra." He said bowing and letting her step in front of him,, and when she took the lead, he followed behind her and opened his HUD, summoning his sword, that seemed to disappear behind his coats tail. As he then placed his hand on the plat pummel of the weapon, the only thing that seemed to be visible was the handle, and pummel, the handle having metal like twon wrapped around the handle and th pummel flat at the end with a dip in a circular pattern. The one thing that could be seem was probably the tip of the sheathe, which was a silver like metal attachment upon a black metal sheathe, with red tassels and clothing dancing behind him. And he just followed Zahra, waiting to see if anything jumped out, and if so, his sword would be ready to strike, and probably surprise Zahra as well.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playfully returning his bow with a slightly curtsy of her own she then strides past him to take the lead. As Zahra continued to stroll toward the gate of the town she opened her HUD and equipped the two-handed spear. It was a simple weapon without much design, but then again, it was still a beginner weapon. Now that her levels were increasing, maybe it was time to get a better weapon. Something that would allow for adventures further up the Tower. Something that could deal with the stronger monsters and players that one would encounter there. Being on the first floor was comfortable, but Zahra didn't want comfortable; she wanted challenging. She wanted to help on the front lines. That was only a dream though. It was time to focus on the now; and now she was going boar hunting with Rolland. "You ready?" Zahra question, turning slightly to face her companion. 

Rolland now standing next to Zahra as he looked around, "As you are Zahra." He said looking at her, and seeing her weapon he stopped and then rubbed his neck, "Hey Zahra, how bout after this, we get you a new weapon." "I can mass some Col together and get you a new one, I will need time but I can get one for you." He said as he tapped the spears head, "Rather dull to my touch, though I have a much sharper weapon than this." He says as he tapped the pummel of his sword, not revealing it yet, as he wanted his foes to feel the wrath of his sword before drawing it to anyone, while his coat covered the sheathe and the only things seen were the pummel and some of the bottom half of the sheathe as Rolland walked about. He saw one in the distance, a boar, by itself and he grinned, "There's our first victim Zahra, I'll take the first strike." He says as he walks towards to, and sees it turn to him, as it makes a squealing noise, Rolland places his hand on the handle of his sword and draws it. The next thing that happened was a surprise to the boar, a flash of black mist erupted from the metal sheathe of Rollands weapon, a draconic roar filled the air, a glowing red eye flashed out fro behind his coat and a demonic sword emerged. "Meet my weapon, Níðhöggr, The Malice Striker, you will perish beast." He says as the blood rust color bladed sword roared as he swung at the boar.

Edit:

The blade made contact into the Boars hide, emitting a burst of black mist to swirl around the swords blade, and making a flesh searing sound, as he caused major damage. Rolland struck it three times, as his movement was that of the Wudang Sword fighting style, as he danced around the boar. The boar then kicked Rolland in the knee making him stumble and causing him to roll away as he was now a few feet from Zahra, "Switch Zahra, you have reach on it." He said to her, as he rubbed his knee as he only felt the tingle, but the thought of his knee being kicked liked that was painful enough to make him rub it, as he held his sword in the fashion of the Wudang Sword, reversed and facing towards the heavens.

~Party~

Rolland: 28/29 HP

(-1 HP) Boars attack

Zahra: 15/15 HP

~Rollands Dice Roll~

[Rolled a 7] #ID 6205

[boar takes 1 damage]

[Plus four extra Damage; One-Handed Straight Sword Rank 1;  Níðhöggr, The Malice Striker +3 DMG]

[5 points of total Damage on Boar.]

~Rollands Stats~

+1 Damage: One-Handed Straight Sword Rank 1

+1 Loot Dice Rolls: Search & Detect Rank 1

+3 Damage: Níðhöggr, The Malice Striker

~Enemy~

Boar: 5/10 HP (1 Point of Damage)

(-5 HP) Rollands attack

~Boars Dice Roll~

[Rolled a 8] #ID 6205

[Rolland takes 1 damage]

[1] Epic Miss: Fail to hit
[2-5] Miss
[6-8] Hit: 1 point of damage
[9] Critical: 2 points of damage
[10] Hyper crit: 3 points of damage  

Before them the vast landscape was covered with red dot indicating possible targets for the choosing. Since it was still night the field was ripe for the choosing. "Thanks for the offer," Zahra murmured, all the while letting the corners of her mouth turn up, "But I'll wait until I can afford it. It won't be long now." That much was true. With Rolland's help boar hunting she would be that much closer to purchasing a decent weapon. Curious eyes watched as he went from tapping the tip of her weapon to tapping the pummel of his weapon. It was a sword, but the question was what kind? It didn't take long to find out. Shortly after their conversation Rolland found a target and glided out to meet it. As soon as the sword was drawn black mist leaked out from the sheath. That wasn't it either. A roar pierced the night sky and red eyes could be seen the darkness behind his jacket. The swords name was Níðhöggr, The Malice Striker. For just a second all Zahra could do was stare before her mind heard the word "switch" and kicked into gear. Rushing past Rolland at an angle, she then readied her spear and stabbed at a downward slant. As soon as the spear pierced the shouldered hide of the boar Zahra wasted no time in tearing down and ripping the spear back out. A pain fill squeal sounded throughout the fields. With the boar now focused on her she danced away and readied herself for defense. "Rolland, switch!" 

~Zahras Dice Roll~

[iD# 6309]

[Rolled a 5]

[boar takes 1 damage]

[Metal Gauntlet +1 Battle dice]

Boar 4/10 HP

Rolland smiled as Zahra made her mark and he chuckled, "Your doing great Zahra, keep it up, now my turn." He did this after she said Switch and as such he rushed in, his swords roaring filling the air as he dragged the tip in the ground. The black mist flashing from the handguard and consuming the blade as he went for a slash, as the Boar turned to him and rushed at him as well. He saw this enemy was wanting to do the same as he was doing, as he gained closure to the Boar he knew this would be a hit or miss attack, as he watched the effect take place.

Edit:

With his attack missing, the blade inches from the Boar, the beast almost got a hit on Rolland but he slide back, digging his fingers into the ground as he stopped and looked at Zahra, "Blasted I missed, your turn Zahra, switch up, bless your attack strike through." He says as he stands up and sees the boar rushing in at them, and Rolland jumps in front of the Boar and flashes his sword at it to make himself a target, and it works. As the Boar was now following him around the field and he looked at her, "I got it distracted, attack while I keep this thing busy." Rolland says as he dances about, using his Chinese Sword FIghting style to keep the Boar on him, as he waits for Zahra to attack the MOB.

~Party~

(-1 HP) Boars attack

~Rollands Dice Roll~

[Rolled a 2] #ID 6312

[boar takes 0 damage]

[Plus four extra Damage; One-Handed Straight Sword Rank 1;  Níðhöggr, The Malice Striker +3 DMG]

[0 points of total Damage on Boar.]

~Rollands Stats~

~Enemy~

Boar: 4/10 HP (1 Point of Damage)

(-5 HP) Rollands attack

(-1 HP) Zahras attack

~Boars Dice Roll~

[Rolled a 4] #ID 6312

[Rolland takes 0 damage]

[2-5] Miss

Before her the battle went on. It was like watching a dance that only they knew the steps to and it wasn't long before she picked up the steps too. Right after the boar and Rolland's sword made contact she saw her chance. "Now!" Zahra called, running right beside him with her spear. Instead of using the typical stabbing motion of the spear Zahra used a swiping motion, leaving a large gash across it's chest area, but she didn't stop there. Using the momentum of the blow she then brought around the blunt end of the spear and knocked against the boar's temple. That last blow effectively knocked it off course of both Rolland and herself. Without really realizing it, a small smile found it's way to Zahra's face. Rolland and her worked well together; to the point where it almost surprised her. Using the the dull end of the spear she prodded the beast to get it's attention on herself. Once she was positive that it was now focused on her she moved away from Rolland and continued to distract the beast. "Whenever your ready." Zahra commented casually, using the spear to block. 

~Party~

~Zahra's Dice Roll~

[Rolled a 6] #ID 6314

[boar takes 1 damage]

[+1 to Battle Dice due to Metal Gauntlets]

Rolland saw Zahra get a hit and he smiled at her causing damage to the Boar like he did, "Nice, you doing great Zahra." He said as his luck was bad, no it was downright horrid, and he didn't like it. as though his blade was powerful, he still was needing armor and something else. As the boar now down, Rolland saw the opening and rushed in, his sword dragging along the ground as when he got close he went into his Wudang Sword fighting style and spun around the Boar til he was behind it and went for a strike as he saw its leg come at him, he knew this was going to be bad.

Edit:

As his pulled his sword up, and let the hoof hit the flat side of his sword, the black mist burst forth and surrounded the blade, making his appear as the weapon made a shield of darkness to protect him. When Rolland pushed the Boar back, and he hobbled back abit, his sword make a menacing growl, and the mist around his blade swirled and twisted, as it fluttered around hims abit. And Rolland flipped his weapon back in the usual position, pointing towards the heavens, "Zahra, pincer attack now, we can attack at once, strike the legs and then I will go in to attack next, repeat until it is dead." "We got this, switch!" He yelled as his brought his free and and made a ninja style his index and middle finger pointing up, while the others were closed and he looked at the Boar and then Zahra.

~Party~

(-1 HP) Boars attack

~Rollands Dice Roll~

[Rolled a 1] #ID 6315

[boar takes 0 damage]

[0 points of total Damage on Boar.]

~Rollands Stats~

~Enemy~

Boar: 3/10 HP (1 Point of Damage)

(-5 HP) Rollands attack

(-1 HP) Zahras attack

(-1 HP) Zahras attack

~Boars Dice Roll~

[Rolled a 5] #ID 6312

[Rolland takes 0 damage]

[2-5] Miss

The switch had been called. Reacting automatically, Zahra once more charged at the beast. Her first instinct was to go toward the area with more surface area, but then a small voice sounded in the back of her head reminding her that it was the legs that she was aiming for, not the body. Going for the legs would hopefully knock the boar off balance and then Rolland could finish it. As she approached the boar she started to get lower to the ground. By the time she reached the beast she easily made a swipe at it legs. The attack was not only successful, but also a critical hit taking away the last three hit points on the boar's HP. It's body faded away and all Zahra could do was stare for a second. That attack had only meant to be a distraction, not an actually attack. "Umm..," Zahra hummed, smiling sheepishly, "That wasn't suppose to happen..." Perhaps it had just been luck that allowed for such a hit. It was not something to think on, at least that was if Rolland wasn't mad. Although, she couldn't see him getting mad over something like this. That would be silly. 

~Party~

~Zahras Dice Roll~

[Rolled a 10] #ID 6353

[boar takes 3 damage]

[+1 to Battle Dice for Metal Gauntlet's]

~Enemy~

Boar: 0/10 HP

When Rolland saw the Boar burst into blue pixels he looked at Zahra as she killed off the Boar, he swiveled his sword and spun it on his palm and sheathed it. "Nice job Zahra, what you say we try to find another one to kill?" He asked her as he walked up to her and patted her on the shoulder, "Great job, your really goo at using that spear there." He said as he removed his hand and began walking again as he looked at Zahra over his shoulder and smile, "Come on Zahra." He said waving his hand at her for her to come along with him, he wanted to see her in some more action, her fighting was amazing and he liked watching her fight.

Rolland had not only approached her after the battle and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, but he also added a compliment into the mix as well. That had been the first time someone had told Zahra that she was good with a spear. There was a split second where the women had no idea how to respond. All the while a light dusting of pink started to cross her cheeks. Unable to find her voice Zahra just beamed up at Rolland in thank you. When the warmth of his hand left her shoulder so that he could turn around; there was a lingering electric feeling that lasted for a good second before fading away. Confused--and distracted--by the sensation Zahra didn't realize that Rolland had gotten a couple feet ahead of her until he called out. "Coming!" Zahra called, shrugging away the feeling and then jogged to catch up with him. By now the moon had reached it's peak in the sky, highlighting the field in a soft glow and outlining the figures as they continued on.  

Rolland took the lead this time and walked the field as he looked about, trying to find another Boar or at least a foe they could kill, as he sighed. "Looks like there is no enemies around here, seems everyday they get harder and harder to find." "I do have to ask Zahra. where'd you learn to fight like that, it looks like you had training in it." He asked her, as his violet coloured eyes turned to her, and he stopped in his tracks, Rollands white hair dancing as he gazed at her. Rolland was interesting in learning about Zahra some more, not everyday you meet a half blood, especially one that has Egyptian in their bloodline. With that he stood there, only a few feet in front of Zahra as his smile was present. and was giving off a pleasant aura his eyes sparkling like the stars above, and his hair white as snow fluttering in the wind.. 

The field that had seemed to be full earlier that night was now almost void of any monsters--which was kind of strange. As far as Zahra knew they were the only one's out here at this hour. Those thoughts didn't get to linger long due to the fact that Rolland had suddenly stopped and turned toward her once more, another question passing his lips. The moon shadowed his features, highlighting the amethyst orbs that where intently focused on her. Suddenly, it seemed a whole lot warmer on that chilly night. "Training?" Zahra echoed, a light laugh enlacing her voice, "Probably would've made things easier if it had. I learned to fight by trail and error. Eventually, the spear just...became apart of me?" It was a silly explanation, but best way she could find to word it. At some point she just stopped thinking about it as a weapon and as it extension in her arms. Plus, there was a vast history behind spears that Zahra could tap into to develop new moves and strategies. "What about you? Did you ever get training in sword play? or fighting in general?" Curiosity shined in golden orbs while the wind gently caressed her flowing locks. 

Rolland smiled, "My grandmother remarried to my new grandfather, he taught me Wudang Sword style, he hails from China, where the style was developed, and he taught me in my past time." "He also taught me karate as well, he's a good old man, I like him alot and he likes Arabic culture as well, due to my mother being Arabic, but thats another story for a different time." "Say Zahra, have you ever wondered, what its like... to explore, to discover something new, and exotic?" "As in a new culture, or a new person, I for one found it, your something exotic and wonderful." He said as he looked at her, his eyes shifting between his Sapphire blue and Amethyst violet colored eyes, as he got closer to Zahra, and smiled, "Tell me Zahra, what is it that you came here for the most, was it for the Lore, the adventure, or to escape reality to find a new world to call your own?" "Mine is all of the above, this place, it provides us with the new fresh start for a new world, and now I am enjoying it, with a new friend, so tell me, will you be my partner in this world?" "To journey through Aincrad and to discover the new things it offers?" 

He asked her, holding out his hand to her, "What do you say Zahra, partners in this new world, people who can find new things, and to discover ideas and experience new and wonderful things together?" He asked her once more, as he was hoping as a friend she would follow him, and try to understand this world, and bring a new perspective to its dangerous wonder and beauty, all Zahra had to do was take Rollands hand and there deal would be set. "But I don't expect you to be by my side at all times, if you feel you can find more on your own, then feel free to leave me, I don't mind it, but I will always be here and waiting for you to return." Thats was the kicker, Zahra was free to come and go from his party if she wished, something that he knew would make a good deal, and help him out, "Plus we split everything down the center, fifty fifty, deal?" He asked her, hoping she would say yes.

To say the least it was fascinating to learn about some of Rolland's life outside the game. There was a brief moment where Zahra found herself wondering what meeting his grandparent would be like. They were probably warm caring people--at least they sounded like they were based off the warmth that entered Rolland's voice and they way his facial structure softened when talking about them. The sentence after that one has caught her completely off guard though. No one, and she meant no one, had ever called her exotic and wonderful. The light pink staining her face suddenly turned cherry red. Her nerves kicked in as butterflies began to take flight in her stomach one after one. It was a sensation that was totally unfamiliar to her. Sure, men had approached her and told her she was beautiful, but they never got much past how she appeared. Rolland was different though. He had inquired about her, learned about her and still proceeded to call her wonderful. There was no words to even describe how happy that made her. Then he leaned in close and asked her why she was here, then going on to explain why he was. 

With the final question all the answers to the other one's seemed to evaporate. 

The question about being his partner in this world completely blanked her mind. Zahra's first initial thought had been something along the lines of girlfriend, but that proved to be false. He was asking to her to be a partner, or a friend that adventured with him, relied on him and add a different perspective to the world around them. Getting her head out of the gutter, Zahra then glanced between the captivating orbs and then out-stretched hand. Then, she grinned. "I would be more than happy to be your partner, Rolland." As the words past her lips she reached out and gently clasped her around around his. It was warm and comforting, just as she imagined. 

With Zahra taking his hand and agreeing to his terms he smiled, but also seeing the blush on her face made him tilt his head. "Uhh Zahra... your face it's... kinda red." He said as he looked up at the sky, "You must be abit cold, considering its abit cool tonight." He said as he unclipped his coat and placed it around her shoulders, and stepped back after it all, "There now you won't be cold, partner." He said to her giving her a wink and a smile ans then turning around, "So what now, where you want to go now Aincrad is just ours to explore, we can go anywhere, all you need to do is point the way and I will go there." He said giving her his usual smile and then placing a hand on her shoulder, as saying lets make the most of it.

It took every once of self-control that Zahra owned to keep her face from getting even redder. Luckily, Rolland credited her flushed features to the weather and not her increasing heart-beat. That in itself caused him to take action though. Within seconds the male had stripped off the midnight colored jacket and gracefully placed it on her shoulders. Instantly her small frame was dwarfed. Taking advantage of that fact that it was warmer than what was currently being worn, the blackette tugged it tighter around herself. Strangely enough, the jacket itself was scented like freshly fallen rain. Drawing her attention back to the owner of said jacket, Zahra found him sending a smile and a wink in her direction. She tried to shrink into the jacket even further. Right after that, Rolland stated that he would go anywhere she wanted, that Aincrad was theirs. The weight of his hand settled on her shoulder. With some thought, she pointed toward the next town on floor one. As of right now she was starting to get kind of hungry, and there was a really good restaurant in the Horunka Village that was open all night. 

Rolland looked in the direction that Zahra was pointing and he looked at her, "Okay that way then, come on lets get going then partner." He said as he gave her a gentle push to get her going and he gave a laugh and began walking next to Zahra, as they were equals. His clothing under his coat was a tank top and his tattoo on his left arm, the tribal look was simple and nice wasn't bad or anything in fact was professionally done workmanship. As he looked at Zahra his left arm facing her and he spoke, "Must be getting hungry Zahra, and you look like your enjoying the coat, maybe I can get you one as well, and you don't have to keep using mine, must be rather big on you as I can see." He said as he joked, and gently tapped her side with his elbow and smiled, his sapphire blue eyes gazing at her Amber coloured eyes, as hers seemed to bring him in for a reason he knew not of. As he returned his focus to the road he finally got Zahra and him to the next town and he walked up the gate and bowed letting her walk ahead of him, "Ladies first." He said to her as he let her take the lead this time.

-Rolland's tattoo-

anbu-l10.png

There was a brief moment where Zahra closed her golden orbs and took a breath--reigning in the overactive emotions. Suddenly, Rolland lightly nudged her forward toward the town prompting her to start walking. This time, instead of leading the way, he stayed by her side. This brought a minute smile to Zahra's features. It may have been a simple thing, but what many people didn't realize is that they were unconsciously playing a power game. People who walk side by side consider each other equals. This also allowed her to view the tank top that he wore underneath the jacket and the tattoo on his left shoulder. It was beautifully inscribed on his skin and complemented it. Before he could catch her studying it Zahra jerked her orbs back ahead of them. "Good guess. There's a nice restaurant in Horunka that's exceptional." Zahra grinned happily, "And you mean I don't get to keep yours? Yeah, it's big, but it's comfortable." Of course, Zahra was just messing with him. There was no way she would keep just a nice piece of clothing. By the time they made it to the next town it the moon was starting to fall. He stood by and ushered her in with a "Ladies, first." Laughing at the remake Zahra then continued on. As she passed him though, she slowed down so that he could return back to her side. "Now, it should be around here somewhere..."

With Rolland now catching up to Zahra he stood next to her and looked around, "What restaurant were you looking for Zahra?" "Can be hard to find." He said as he stood there next to her, seeing her in his coat was abit nice, it looked good on her, but he shook that thought out of his head and looked around. "Hmm... whats it called?" "I can help you find it." He said as he moved around in a circle trying to find the store that she was talking about till he bumped into her with his shoulder and he spoke, "Sorry, how bout I give ya a lift, having a height advantage should help you with this place." He said as he bent down and tapped his shoulder, telling her that she could use it to make her job easier than it needed to be, "Come on up, trust me, I got you." He said to her giving her easy eyes and a calming voice..

While Rolland was searching Zahra was trying to remember where to go. It was one of the harder restaurants to find due to it's back corner location. "It's a noodle shop named Doc Chey's." Zahra added, "It's in a back corner somewhere around here..." The last part was mumbled to herself as she scanned the streets Horunka. Right as she was about to turn to peer down another street, Rolland's shoulder bumped into her's. Zahra was about to tell him that it was alright and that she was sorry that she didn't know where she was going, but Rolland had suggested a lift instead. Before her he crouched down and gestured to his shoulders. It wasn't that she didn't trust him because strangely enough she did. It was her nerves she didn't trust. Never-the-less, he was right about the height advantage. Taking a breath, Zahra wrapped her arms around his neck and then placed herself on his back. She was almost positive that he would be able to hear her heart beat that was going a thousand miles a minute. "Okay. Ready when you are."