[OP-F1] Town Exploration (Oikawa) [COMPLETE]

After having been virtually humiliated (no pun intended) and disarmed , it really sank in that if Sindon had wanted to, he could've of easily killed him. Acknowledging his remarks and upon the return of his sword to its sheath, Oikawa paced back and forth, letting all that information take root. "So to summarize, bounce less, grip less tightly but still firm, rather than block, parry as you did when I lunged, and to top it off I've picked a weapon that's regarded as a lethal dueling sword rather than a monster slaying force to be reckoned with?" While the criticism didn't affect me much, the passion that Sindon relayed his message with, stung in a way that didn't hurt me physically but mentally rather. Ready to answer questions of his obvious superior, he turned and faced Sindon. "My goal with this weapon is to prove that its every bit as lethal at killing enemies on the frontline, backline, support squad, and even worth using against the mightiest of bosses, as it is at dueling. I chose it because I felt drawn to it. Compelled to succeed with it against all odds. While I don't disagree that I should have a back up weapon of choice, I firmly believe this weapon can be made into something that can complete the job under most, if not all circumstances. I will perfect the use of this weapon, that I promise. To answer your third question, I plan to use any and all information I gain from you and most likely others to not only complete my goal but also to conquer the game. We all want out, so I think its safe to assume that that is everyone's end goal. Is this a weapon I would want to use on the frontline? Hell yeah it is. I can't become the best of the best if I can't prove its worth on the battlefield!" While Oikawa gazed back into his icy glare, he tried to warm his gaze up with the compassion of his own stare. While his words seemed to come at him like daggers, he couldn't help but feel the care Sindon showed for his love of the sport.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

London broke his guard and returned his rapier to his sheath. His gaze softened a bit as he looked back Oikawa, who was obviously taking this harder than he might have imagined. "Your summary was correct yes except for the last part. A rapier can kill just as effectively as a battle axe to any monster. Steel has no pre-biasaed prejudiced towards anything. The sword is a tool. Be it designed for killing it can be used in more ways that one. That being said, keep in mind, you don't beat a nail down with a screwdriver. A rapier is a specialized weapon. It can fit a variety or roles and can be quite versatile, although there are more versatile weapons, such as the broadsword. It seems to me as if you have something to prove for the weapon. I can assure you, people may not think of it as the best front line battlefield weapon, and hell, sometimes it isn't. But its proven it's worth multiple times, it is a force to be recon with in the hands of the right person. We are the most deadliest of duelist, we could strike your shin and then shove our blades through your head before you had time to react and still have finesse while doing so. However, again, in terms of a mmo; we are burst killers. We deal fast damage and kill before they have time to kill us. The dagger is also like this however, they need stealth. If the rapier wasn't a viable weapon in the battle field, then how come I see high level players rushing in with no more than a dagger? You do have to keep in mind that levels do have a place in this game. They are what shows our strength in terms of numbers, along with these skill ranks. But all these proficiency rankings only give you more damage. It's an illusion, you don't become a fencing master by getting your rapier skill up to it's max. By the time you are able to get your skill up to it's max you will at least be adept at it. However true skills come from the survivor's and master's teachings. Not because a skill in a death game tells you that your an expert at your craft." London continued his lecture. "Glory and honor are found in more places than just the battlefield Oikawa. I want to beat this game just as much as you do, but I'm going to help as many people as I can, because I need to make sure that defenseless make it out of here and that the father who is trapped here from his kid or the 8 year old away from his family get back out without having to put their life on the line. I might not be the highest level player or the best swordsman but I refuse to let those who can't fight for themselves die while anyone who wants to throw their life away fights monsters on the front lines. I don't need glory or fame for anything that I do, not from beating this game or from helping people. I'll fight and protect because it's the right thing to do, even if my blade is stained to try and do this." London finished his speech, he sheathed his sword, fully aware of what he said at the end and thought to himself [censored]...I said too much. I need to stop doing that, there goes some air of mystery from me. He stands in silence for a moment and the breaks it. "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to say all of that, not yet at least, and to someone I just met." He finished and stood erect again.

After the conclusion of his riveting speech, an apology was uttered in attempt to atone for his smaller outburst towards the end. "How many times do I have to tell you to stop apologizing ? Again speak your mind freely. The more you do, the more I learn. And surely countless others can learn a thing or two from you as well. To be completely honest,, you just earned my deepest respect. I didn't want to come off as a glory-hungry player. That's not my intention. Rather my comments were more so aimed at you. Like all students with great masters, I more or less declared that I want to prove to YOU that I am worthy of this weapon and all the responsibilities that come with it. I also want to surpass you., but on a less personal note, I am more than willing to help anyone that needs it. Like you said, its doing the right thing that matters. And about that tidbit towards the end, was that a reference to PKing if it came down to it? Not judging in the least. Was just wanting to know if that's what you meant.. He seems to open up in random spurts, however; he seems to still try to conceal his feelings and thoughts. Hmm..what an interesting fellow..

London was silent for a moment. He gazed at the ground, thinking before looking up again and breaking his silence. "I-I thank you for the compliment. I'm surprised you want to prove your worth and that you are worthy of this weapon especially in a game like this...To be honest, the fact that you want to prove your worth and that you want to be worth to wield a weapon like this in this game shows me that at least in this game, you are already worthy to wield it in my opinion. In real life there are more things to considered but I personally think that no matter who you are, you are already worthy to wield a weapon. It is a tool, nothing more and nothing less. But when you throw your honor away then your worthiness to wield any weapon, especially this one, is taken away. And yes, the last part is that if I absolutely had to, I would kill another player if it was to protect another I care about or someone who couldn't defend themselves or if it was in self-defense. I refuse to indulge in murder in this game trying to reason myself that it's just a game and they is no proof that you die in real life if you die in here. Simple logic would say so, but I won't go into that philosophical mess." London stated. He fell silent again.

Breaking the silence and their gaze, Sindon quietly replied. Listening intently to what he had to say, Oikawa politely gave his full attention.

Upon the end of his statement,  he retreated his gaze back to the ground. "I also thank you for your kind remarks. My honor shall be held in high regard from this point on." Attempting to comfort the player standing before him, Oikawa spoke.  You definitely don't seem like the type to PK unless the situation desperately calls for it. So I have nothing but faith in you for that." 

Silence hung in the air for a few more minutes. Deciding to break the silence once more, Oikawa gestured to the grasslands. "Well now that we're both more acquainted with one another, shall we go hunt down some boars? We need a mood lightener" he quipped.

London sighed. "Sure, we could kill some boars. That or a wolf-....let's start out with a boar, I forget that you're new to the game." London massaged the pommel of his rapier as he thought. "I would most likely one shot a boar but I might be able to see you against an actual monster so that's good. I might find a wolf or maybe even a dire wolf later on to show you what I can do" He said, looking around the grasslands. "This game is still rather beautiful...but it has a rotten core..." London found himself saying these things aloud although he meant to just keep it to himself.

Looking towards the sky, Oikawa simply replied. "I shall be strong soon enough haha. A Dire Wolf? Hmm you're as confident as ever in your capabilities." Glancing over at the young man. "I can't  wait to see it translate to the battlefield." Brushing his fingers through his hair, Oikawa then made sure all his equipment was in order. "This game is definitely beautiful. Maybe one day the core can be the same...Welp you've led me this far, care to help me track a boar?"  

London nodded "Of course. If this game is advanced as it proclaims itself to be then it should have somewhat of a radiant pathing system for monsters and npcs. If this is true then the animals need water. I suppose we should go head towards on of the rivers or water holes." He wrapped two fingers around his chin as he thought, pacing back and forth. He continued. "That...or we could continue scowering the grasslands...its wide and open, shouldn't be that hard to find a boar or two down. There's also the forest. We're more likely to run into wolves or even a dire wolf if we head eastward and head into their territory. I don't want to end up being over confident and over estimate our abilities and end up getting myself killed or you killed..."He paced back and forth looking up at the landscape. He was silent for a moment before lookong at Oikawa again. "What do you think?" he inquired, curious to see if he'd rather take a risk or play it a bit more safe and continue hunting boar.

"Hmmmm... " Oikawa thought for a moment. Analyzing all his options. On one hand, we could go to the forest and take down a wolf or two. Netting us some good XP and probabaly a better chance at loot. However, the risk is increased seeing as wolves seem to run in packs and they are pretty good hunters regardless of their level. On the other hand we could got to a small riverbank or watering hole and capitalize on the weaker animals such as boars and insects. This will net us less XP and most likely common loot. Do I trust our ability to old our own against the wolves? Or should we take a safer route for now?  Coming to a conclusion, Oikawa answered. "There will be a time for us to show we are capable of taking risks, however, I don't believe that time is now. I say we go kill a few boars, then afterwards search for a Dire Wolf. How does that sound to you? Eyeing his companion, Oikawa hoped he didn't come off as a coward. Rather some who analyzed his options and made a choice that should lead to success and fulfill both of their desires.

London smirked "I'm glad you're thinking reasonably." He said, of course he wasn't going to let someone new to this game try something like that. He might not be able to take down a dire wolf alone and he really wouldn't want to end up dying on this man, that could prove a little too much for him. He liked how Oikawa wasn't acting arrogantly, a trait he disdained. If Oikawa did want to go up against such a creature London would politely tell Oikawa of how foolish that would be so he was glad that Oikawa agreed with him. "Come on, let's start headed towards the river. We might run to some boars on the way." He began walking westward, or from his angle, straight forward, checking out the corner of his eye to make sure Oikawa was following him.

Acknowledging Sindon's comment with a smile, Oikawa followed suit in heading towards the river. walking for what felt like 20 minutes, actually only 10, they finally approached the bank of a small stream. Looking ahead, Oikawa saw something moving in the distance. "Hey do you see that? It's a little difficult to see from here. Lets get a closer look. Cautiously but steadily moving along the bank, Oikawa and Sindon headed further up to get a closer look at the creature. "What do you think it is? A boar ? Maybe a wolf? Oikawa speculated and waited for Sindon's command. He definitely has more experience than I do, I wonder what he'll think is the best approach. Me attack first? Then him? Vice versa? Guess we'll see depending on what it is...

London stopped and squinted trying to make out the figure. "Well..."he trailed off as he approached the creature, leaving Oikawa behind, He thought to himself. It's definitely a wolf... he looked back and forth, there were a couple of boars around but keeping their distance, naturally. He crouched down as he stalked his quarry. However, he became enveloped in the stalking and oblivious. Not soon after another wolf, obviously from its pack pounced at London, catching him by surprise, pinning him to the ground and slashing at his chest, getting him good twice. London gave out a "Gah!" as he took the hits, he then grabbed his blade and with it's sheath still on and with that and both his legs kicked the beast off him as he ripped the sword from it's sheath and stood up as the wolf meet his stance. The wolf attempted to lunge again however London sidestepped out of the way, only being graced by it's claw on his leg and then London in one fluid motion slashes upward at the beast, a red diagonal gash spreads across the wolf as London doesn't hesitates as he lunges forward, despite his wounds still retains his form and grace as he pierces straight through the wolf's body, impaling it. His blade glowing purple as it struck and impacted. The wolf howled and then London shuffled quickly back away from the beast as he withdrew his blade from it's body and stands at ready for whatever is to come next. The wolf barked as it struggled to get up for a moment but then stands up and it crouches snarling. It's ferocious red eyes burning.

Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
Rolled a 10 on the d10 (mob) dice.

{5 dmg = 1 base damage + 2 dmg from OHR 2}

London: 10/13
Wolf: 5/10

Leaving Oikawa hanging, Sindon had crept off to stalk what Oikawa could now see was definitely a wolf. Then in a flash Another wolf had attacked Sindon and began clawing at him. Sprinting and watching, Oikawa clamored to where they were. Watching the wolf get booted off his companion and struck down in mere seconds, Oikawa stared in disbelief as Sindon returned to his guard stance at a safer distance.

Realizing he still had some element of surprise, he unsheathed his rapier and  lunged at the beasts rear-end. Connecting with his intended target, the wolf yelped in pain as it received 2 more damage to its health. "Take that you mongrel" Oikawa exclaimed as he retreated behind the animal once again. This effectively cornered the mutt between the two of them.

ID #: 5423

BD: 6 | CD: 8 | LD: 11 | MD: 1

~Party~

London: 10/13
Oikawa: 5/5

~Enemy~

Wolf: 3/10 

London saw his oppurtinity and took it, just as he showed Oikawa he shuffled fowarded and lunged at the wolf just as it turned arond to bite Oikawa, it's mouth opened as it was about to pounce on Okiawa however, it was stopped as London's lunge has periced straight through the monster's head, impaling it as the blade came out of it's mouth. The wolf slumped down and turned wavered a sickly blue as it shattered into shards. Leaving London's blade hanging as he stood upright again, he flourishes his blade and stops it to try and fling some of the digital blood particals off, he wipes the blade with the bottom of his cloth shirt, knowing that it wouldn't make it cleaner, it was already spotless but it felt right to do so anyways. After that he calmly put his sword in his sheath again and kept his left hand resting on the pommel as he let out a sigh.

Dmg = 3 {1 base + 2 OHR 2}

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 1 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Rolled a 15 on the d20 (loot) dice.

London:10/13

Wolf: DEAD

"Thanks for the save! Those wolves are a frickin nuisance" Oikawa sighed as scanned the are to make sure they weren't in anymore danger.  "It seems the other wolf has ran away for now. I'm sure he'll make a reappearance before were done here." Feeling good about they're  current safety, he re-sheathed his sword and allowed Sindon to claim the reward from defeating the monster. "You dealt the finishing blow. The prizes are yours to take" Oikawa explained with a genuine grin. Gesturing to the little orb that had been left in place of the dead mutt. "The wolves are way scarier in combat than I thought. I think we did pretty good though! What are your thoughts?" Oikawa insisting to be answered.

London breathed for a bit. Not saying anything as he held his chest, that was the first time he was subjected to actual pain in this game. He sighed and then stood erect again looking Oikawa "I think you did pretty well but word of advice, if you're going to kill something go for the heart. Always the heart. And if you can't make the heart, go for the brain. Stabbing it's ass won't really do much for your team mates." London sounded as if he was scolding his companion, this wasn't the case. He was actually trying to give some genuine advice. It was the pain in his chest that made him seem this way. After that he tried to return to his cold, emotionless self. "Apologies, I normally do better than that. I shouldn't have let it surprise me like that. Are you alright?" He inquired not really caring so much for his own personal injuries that took the form of two fading red gridded claw marks over his chest. London saw the twinkling orb blink for a second and he reached down and grabbed it, he put the item in his inventory and was going to check out what it was later. Currently he needed to sure his companion was safe.

"Yeah not my best choice of targeting" Oikawa laughed as he was glad he wasn't being yelled at for it. "Advice duly noted. Brain and heart. Looks like I need to work on my precision." Grasping the end of his blade as he spoke. " You didn't do to bad yourself, even if that one wolf got ya by surprise" Oikawa teased. "As for myself I'm fine. I didn't receive any damage so its all good over here!" That was exhilarating and scary at the same time..he thought quietly to himself. " Lets go find those pesky boars, I need some tusks for an experiment.", Oikawa thought out loud. Brushing his bangs from his bangs Oikawa headed off in the direction of where he thought a watering hole might be close. "Oh , and are you alright you seemed to be breathing a bit heavily after that last attack. You want to take a break before we continue?"

London dully pointed at his chest, Oikawa saw the marks before they finally disappeared. He sighed "I can continue fighting, I doubt a boar or two will take me down..." Personally I'd like to take a minute but I can't seem weak to him. He's at least using some of things I taught him. I need to get stronger. London remained silent for a while and drifted off into deep thought. "What kind of experiment?" He was curious as he did partake in thought experiments and theories multiple times in his spare time and while in idle boredom. His still showed signs that attack did hurt him and it wasn't anything small at that. Although it only took off a small portion of his health, he tried to show that it didn't phase him.

"Its obviously bothering you mate, we can take a break. I need a moment for that to settle in anyway," explained Oikawa as he sat down and took a few deep breaths.

OOC: By the way I noticed that you've been using you're actual character name recently. My character is still unaware that you're name isn't Sindon. Idk if it matters but just pointing that out.

IC:

"As for the experiment, I plan on taking up a blacksmith profession. I want to see if I can make a stronger rapier for my own personal use. If i can get proficient enough at it I'll make you one as well to show my gratitude for what all you've done for me." Tilting his head up slightly to look at Sindon, Oikawa thought to himself. He's gotta stop this cold macho facade, its actually kind of amusing now. I wonder if he realizes that I can tell when he's forcing out that "nature" of himself...

"Just let me know when you're good to go. I don't mind waiting man," Oikawa stated as he stretched out in an attempt to get loose.

"Blacksmithing?...Interesting..."He thought aloud for a moment as he sat down. "I'd be grateful if you could make me a rapier in the future. I was going to go buy a perfect one, a perfect quality one that is, and actually be of some use to later players." He took his rapier out it's leather holder and laid it and it's sheath out in front of him. "It's a basic cup hilt rapier...Personally I prefer a swept hilt, if I can't get that than a ring hilt. The blade on this one is..."He flicks the blade and it wobbles a bit "Whippy I suppose. It's rather annoying." He stopped for a moment and realized he was starting to place an order rather than simply state his rapier's status, he stopped himself from continuing. "But uh...I'm a performer. I play contra bass...would be bass guitar but I've yet to see one in this game. It's rather annoying really. I'm infinitely better at Bass guitar than Contra Bass. It doesn't matter much. Back to your blacksmithing, I wouldn't be surprised if you became a rather adept blacksmith. You can expect me to get my blades from you." He smirked a bit. London wasn't used to the whole big mouthed smiled or toothy grins. A smirk is most likely the best you'll get out of him.

OOC: Yeah I know, if anything it'll become a nickname for him or like hes doing now, use it as a secondary name until he can begin to trust the player in question.