[SP-F1] A Meeting of of Souls (Susano & Oikawa) [Completed]

The fields were bustling with life this morning, the virtual world still providing the same extravagant lifestyle which was starting to be accustom.  Within the shade of a tree, there would be a blond pony-tailed avatar leaning up against one that seemed to be resembling an old oak form the real wold. Looking about the grassy fields squealing with the death and pixels dissipating as the beasts were slain. "Well this is rather annoying dealing with the competition of others ... Well  I suppose this means it is at least harder to be mob attacked by wolves and the like. Staring out over the crowds she began to allow a smile to creep over her features. Placing a hand upon her hip she then began to examine her surroundings for someone who was having trouble or simply a monster or two that she could kill in the mean time. There were dozens of people some solo gamers and others parties that were taking it upon themselves to slay the pack of wolves. I suppose they are doing us a service for keeping them completely distracted. Then again I wouldn't mind trying my luck against most of them.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Panting from his escape from a solitary wolf that had tried to bite him while he dozed off in the grassland, Oikawa, a young man with short blond hair, a mischievous grin, and a knack for getting himself into situations where he doesn't belong, bent over to catch his ragged breath. Still panting he observed his new surroundings. Noting the amount of players in the given area, he noticed one in particular. A young female perched against a tree, seeming to do a little observation herself. Hmm, first female gamer ive seen since I linked in. She's pretty cute honestly, but I'd rather see what she can do on the battlefield. Like I can talk though, I just ran a away from a lowly Lvl 1 Wolf. I have no room to judge battle skills hahaha. Oh well maybe she has some experience in the monster killing department. Finally catching his breath, Oikawa headed in the direction of the miss with pigtails. "Excuse me miss, You wouldn't happen to know... you know... how to not die by wolf mutilation would ya?" I just said mutilation... great now she's gonna think I'm a weirdo...

A peculiar boy caught her eye who seemed to be in a hurry to get out of wherever he was going in and extremely  quick manner. I suppose he was running away from a pack of wolves most likely. Across the way there was a group of guys whom seemed to be fighting off one of the larger bands of wolves enjoying the show till she noticed the boy who was out of breath now approaching her. Slouching against the tree she would finally begin to push herself up off the tree to look over him as he had basically walked straight up to her without a second thought. Susano's left hand would glide over the hilt of her sword pondering over whether to keep him at bay or to speak without scaring him. Calming down she would let her left hand slide back down to her side before hearing him out. Miss you say, men always being well mannered when a girl gamer appears, however,  it is amusing that he chose the word mutilation over all the better versions. Raising a hand to her lips she would cover up a giggle, "Mutilated huh? Are you really that useless in a fight?" Smirking she would enjoy any expense that the boy would show.

Upon his approach, the girl hesitated to draw her weapon. Believing he wasn't a threat, rightfully so seeing as he had barely gotten away from the stupid wolf, she let her hand drop back to her side. Then stifling an obvious giggle..Gah she's laughing at me. How much more of a dork can I make myself look.? Well it could be worse. Just play it off..., one could only assume it was based of his word choice, she proceeded to ask him about it. I knew it.... Furthering his suspicion. As planned, he tried to play it off. "Haha yeah, you know clawed and bitten to death. I heard its a real terrible way to go," he reasoned with a small bit of playful sarcasm. Casting a small grin. "So what brings you to the grasslands? You don't seem to be trying to kill boars and such. So what gives miss?" Trying to remove all the awkwardness and establish a polite more confident conversation,  Oikawa carefully eyed the blond beauty.

"I was thinking about training a bit more against the boars in wolves, after all they are pretty easy to kill now. Although it can bet frightening when face with a pack of wolves just the other day I almost had myself mauled, thankfully I received some help from a higher level player. So, I suppose the reason I'm hear is to provide the same assistance that I received." Reading into his methods of playing off his dialect with sarcasm made her laugh even more. "I suppose I'm just generous as for the remarks on the mutilation it just amused me. Suppose you are the type of guy who is desperate for assistance since you were trying to take on those wolves by yourself. All you have to do is ask and I would gladly help you." With slitted eyes her face would wear a vibrant smile with just enough blush to paint her cheeks rosy red.

Ignoring the slight jab at his ability to handle himself on the battlefield, Oikawa replied. "Yeah I guess that was an odd choice of wording huh? Hmm... so giving back to the community? That's nice of you. I wonder if she'd catch on if I asked her for help? Maybe I should man up and just ask for help? There's nothing wrong with receiving help right? Should I just ask to accompany  her on her crusade to save the weak? Nah, that's dumb, I'm too weak to help anyone seeing as I'm still a level 1.

OOC: Seeing as I haven't done anything in any of my RP's to make it suitable for me to level up, I don't believe its fair or me to act as a Level 3.

IC:

Pushing his thought train aside, he began to speak again. "Since you're offering help to the weaker, mind helping me level up a bit miss? I'm not as completely useless in the field as you may think haha, but I will admit I'm not where I want to be strength-wise." Noticing her cheeks getting a smidge rosy, he reasoned that she was either still laughing at the expense of himself or was genuinely blushing for some randomly nice reason. I'll go with the former. He thought to himself. 

Rising to the occasion to give back to the community she tilted her head and offered a tender smile to the boy who had finally admitted that he needed assistance. "See now it's not that bad asking a girl for assistance now is it. Unless of course you are one of those guys who can't believe they are getting surpassed by a female player of course." Bringing her teasing to an end she would quickly pull up her HUB sending a party invitation that would ring up on his. The name would say her name, Sasuno and an hp gauge revealing how much she had would pop up if he accepted the request. Raising both her arms above her head she would stretch with a large yawn. "Oki doki, now how about you say we go show some of those groups what real fighters are made of." Winking at him one hand making a thumbs up as she pulled out her sword with her dominant hand, being her left. The curved blade was still the standard one as she had been waiting for a special moment to equip her newly stocked gear. "You lead the way."

" I have no qualms with being out matched by a player, male or female. In fact it pushes me to get stronger haha." Seeing a party request pop up on his HUD, Oikawa lightly touched the accept button.

Party:

Oikawa "The Faint"- HP: 5/5

Susano- HP: 11/11

"Well now that was the easy part. Let's head back toward where I left that wretched wolf. I want revenge....if you don't mind?" said Oikawa as he gestured to the area behind him. It's not like I have anything to prove to her right? I've already established that I'm the weaker player and I need help, yet I still feel like I need to show this girl I can fight as well as anyone else.

Party:

Susano: Hp:11/11

Oikawa: Hp:5/5

"Well then if it is revenge upon the wolf that got you sprinting with your tail tucked between your legs I suppose that you are in luck. Because I think your little friend is on it's way over here as we speak." Lowering her HUD she would quickly equip her sword in preparations as the wold was now approaching them from 15 meters out focused solely upon the boy as its prey. Pointing she would hope that the boy would turn around to see the wolf that had followed him all this way.

"With the way he was following I would almost assume that you strapped a piece of beef to your rump.Taking upon a defensive stance she would tilt the blade so that it was crossing her midsection stretching up from her left hip to her right shoulder covering the important section of her body in order to attempt to avoid being critically wounded by the wold that was making good time. "I suggest you pull out that sword of yours little boy and prepare for a fight." She hadn't seen him preparing for the fight so she would quickly sprint past him kicking up a little dirt as she aimed for the wolf that was now approaching her as she swung her blade at the beasts head. "Next time I suggest you keep an eye on the wolf, they do have a sense of smell in this game."

The snarling wolf would leap toward the ponytailed girl who quickly pushed off the ground leaping over the wolf and landing behind it yelling, "Switch with me and finish it off Oika!"

Attack: 1

Crit: 1

OHCS: 1

Total: 3

Wolf Hp: 1/4

Rolls

ID: 5408

Battle: 9    Extra Damage: +1

Craft: 10

Loot: 11

MOB: 2

"Revenge is absolutely what I want. That scoundrel woke me from my nap" Oikawa chuckled. Only to his surprise, the girl had quickly equipped her weapon and said something as she dashed past him. Something about a wolf? Turning around he realized she was talking about the wolf that had chased him from his napping spot in the grassland. Not hesitating he equipped his own weapon. Drawing his rapier, he dashed towards the battle, just in time to see the wolf getting pummeled by the young miss.

"Switch with me and finish it off Oika" shouted the girl as she landed from her mid-air assualt. Using all his pent up anger from loosing sleep and fear from not wanting to die, Oikawa took two leaps and thrust his rapier right between the eyes of the annoying hound. Dealing 3 Damage to the creature (2 Damage + 1 Critical Hit Damage). More than enough to send it to it's digital grave.

Upon its fragmentation into pixels, a bright orb popped out. Grasping the orb, it dispersed and a system notification popped up.

[Oikawa-The Faint has received 20 Col and 1 Wolf Blood(Mat)] [Oikawa- The Faint has Leveled Up to Level 2!]

ID: 5413, BD: 9, CD: 11, LD: 20, MD: 1

"That was some nice aerial moves you displayed there! You dealt most of the damage too, I only finished him off..."Oikawa stated as he claimed his prize and re-sheathed his weapon. "Want to split the prize money? I need the mat for something else," Oikawa asked as he beamed at the other player in his party.

~Party~

Susano: HP-11/11

Oikawa: HP-7/7(new hp applies right?)

~Enemy~

Wolf: HP- -2/4

Party:

Susano: Hp:11/11

Oikawa: Hp:7/7

As she noticed the boy make his own moves on the wolves Susano would smile seeing the blade firmly slice into the wolves pixels splitting away to reveal the two red streaks that the two had cleaved into it. Having been working on a flourish most of the night, Susano would spin the blade about before re-sheathing it as the wolf burst into millions of pixels that would blow through the fields undoubtedly preparing to re-spawn somewhere else as soon as it's counter came off cool down. Cradling her head with her hands she would start walking off relaxed from the little exercise she just got preparing to continue on into more combat. "Nice execution time no hesitation that's good for a first timer. As for the reward, why don't you just hold onto those materials and the col points. I've already gotten the prizes I've wanted from slaying boars and wolves. Just be careful that your revenge doesn't get to you into fights, this isn't a game after all.

After taking a few steps forward she turned about relatively eager, "Oh wait a second how would you like to explore this floor with me. I've always wanted to look around more and I have always been to afraid of dying after falling into some sorta ambush or trap. But I'm sure with a second player we will be able to take care of anything this place throws at us."

Trying to conceal his blushing from the sudden praise, Oikawa checked his inventory to make sure everything had been collected properly. "Thanks for the help. The Loot was just icing on the cake." As the miss turned to walk away, she suddenly stopped and said something else. "Oh wait a second how would you like to explore this floor with me. I've always wanted to look around more and I have always been to afraid of dying after falling into some sorta ambush or trap. But I'm sure with a second player we will be able to take care of anything this place throws at us."

She actually wants to continue questing with me? Well maybe I have proved my worth.

"I'd love to help you scout the rest of this floor. We could both use the XP if nothing else. Plus who knows , we might find some cool items." Flashing another grin at the female player, Oikawa realized something. Oh wow. I never asked her her name. Some gentleman I am... "Miss, excuse my rudeness, but I never asked your name?"

Party:

Susano: Hp:10/11

Oikawa: Hp:7/7

"You could use a bit more training after all, besides you haven't even felt what it is like to take a bit of a beating from these beasts. It really helps you remember why you are fighting and trying to grow stronger each day." Her expression became far more serious as she thought about the other people who hadn't made it in the game. "Anyway lets get going slowpoke!~" Her voice having a relatively seductive tang to it as she winked again sprinting off into the fields in hope to search the forest as the first location upon her stop. Despite acting so serious earlier she was beginning to treat the whole situation once again like what it was meant to be a simple game which one played with friends. Susano kept sprinting looking over her shoulder every so often to see if he was keeping up with her.

Continuing the chase she would scan the area realizing a few wolves seemed to catch a scent of her trail. "You ready for another close encounter with your furry fanged friends?" She shouted back leaping over one wolf that was attempting to cut her off. Gracefully landing upon her feet she unsheathed her sword once again with eager anticipation. Positioning herself between the three wolves that had now been fully engrossed upon her being there next meal. Standing among the three canines she grinned, "Lets dance puppies."

The two on her sides would both leap up in the air attempting to take a swipe at her, slashing her sword against the underbelly which peeled the larger portion of it's pelt straight from the belly. The wolf whined as it crumpled to the ground wounded. The other Swiped catching nothing but a tussle of the skirt that she was wearing leaving a few scratch marks. "I just finished fixing that!" She yelled annoyed jumping to the side as the third wolf also grazed her. Two of them kept circling her while the other groveled in pain from it's blow it received. Her breathe would increase as she was dodging the wolves glancing about quickly to see what Oikawa was doing. "Gonna just stand their and watch, or help?"

Target: wolf 1

Crit: 1

Total: 3

Wolf 1 Hp: 1/4

Wolf 2 HP: 4/4

Wolf 3 Hp: 4/4

Wolf1 holds ground

Wolf 2 misses

Rolls

ID: 5429

Battle: 8   

Craft: 5

Loot: 6

MOB: 1

Wolf 3

Rolls

ID: 5428

Battle: 93  

Craft: 11

Loot: 15

MOB: 6

Susano's Attack

Rolls

ID: 5085

Battle: 9    Extra Damage: +1

Craft: 12

Loot: 20

MOB: 5

She still didn't give her name..Oikawa thought as he sprinted after the young lady. Was that a hint of flirtation in her voice? Hmm... Keeping pace relatively easy, Oikawa noticed they had acquired a 3-pack of wolves to deal with. Watching them momentarily attack his companion, he thought Now why would she run into that? Nonetheless she needs help... As if on cue the pig-tailed girl shouted "Gonna just stand their and watch, or help?"

"I'm gonna help haha" he replied as he unsheathed his weapon and lunged at one of the spiraling puppies. Jumping into the air, Oika aimed directly at the neck of Wolf 2. Missing a fatal stab barely, he instead inflicted a deep gash. Inflicting 2 points of damage to it. In retaliation, Wolf 2 turned, trying to sink his jaw into Oikawa's forearm. The Wolf missed by a few inches. Allowing himself to back peddle to get himself into a defensive stance to see what Wolf 3 would try. Again as if on cue, Wolf 3 attacked with no hesitation, growling and clawing his way to Oikawa. It sprang forward and sank his jaw into Oikawa's shoulder. Dealing a massive 3 damage to the newbie. "AAAHCCCK. You pesky overgrown poodles are really starting to piss me off " Oikawa exclaimed as he shoved the third Wolf off him with the hilt of his rapier. Dealing 2 damage to it as it went sprawling into the grass. Wolf 1 stays on standby after watching his two amigos get manhandled.

"That first wolf is a chump, finish him off. Wolf two and three on the other hand, they definitely still have some fight in them. Lets finish this!", Oikawa shouted as he prepared to finish this fight once and for all.

Oikawa and Wolf 2:

ID: 5452, BD: 8, CD: 7, LD: 19, MD: 5

Oikawa and Wolf 3:

ID: 5453, BD: 7, CD: 5, LD: 20, MD: 10

~Enemy~

Wolf 1: 1/4

Wolf 2: 2/4

Wolf 3: 2/4

~Party~

Susano: 10/11

Oikawa: 4/7

Party:

Susano: Hp:8/11

Oikawa: Hp:4/7

As she watched the boy join into the fray she decided to keep an eye on his form slowly slashing across both of the wolves cutting their hp bars in half. In attempts to assists she would then join in on the attack delivering a quick slice that would hit wolf 2 as it bit onto her right arm dissipating as it clung to her arms leaving to fang marks on both sides which would cause her to yell at the other two wolves that were now a bit more hesitant after seeing what was presumably the alpha dog of the pack. Grimacing in pain she would jump backwards so that they were now back to back, wolf 1 was still hiding back  preparing to make a break for it as wolf 3 still felt like he could escape with at least one meal in hand. "Don't risk it man just go handle the one that is hiding I will take this one you are two hits away from dead if those things get lucky like they already have.

Gripping her sword in her hand she would await for the final wolf who was now snarling before her to attack. "By the way I forgot to answer your question the name is Susano the one who always seems to get herself in situation well over her head. Now promise me you will retreat if things get bad or at least climb up one of these trees till I am done with this ok? I don't want to have a guilty conscious form assisting a newbie for leveling up." Wolf 1 went for a swipe as she tried to counter it both of them missing which made the first wolf lose all of its nerves and sprinting off. Circling one another she and the third wolf would be preparing for one another strikes as if they were in the middle of a dance.

Total: 2

Wolf 1 Hp: 1/4

Wolf 2 HP: 0/4

Wolf 3 Hp: 2/4

Swing wolf 2

Rolls

ID: 5457

Battle: 7   

Craft: 1

Loot: 9

MOB: 6

Swing at wolf 1

Rolls

ID: 5456

Battle: 5   

Craft: 8

Loot: 19

MOB: 5

Making short work of Wolf 2, Susano replied to his earlier question about her name. "Susano, like the Japanese deity that controlled storms? For a deity your pretty cute!" Complimenting her as they were now back to back. Watching Wolf 1 miss a menacing swipe, it ran off apparently losing its will to fight. "Told you that one was a chump". 

As Miss Susano circled Wolf 3 in a half waltz half taunt, Oikawa waited till the Wolf no longer had a sight on him. Then as the wolf could no longer see him, Oikawa spun and dashed towards the feral dog. He aimed straight for its skull, Taking two quick sidesteps, Oikawa dodged the attempts of harm from the now surprised wolf. Thrusting with all his might, he split the the unprepared Wolf right down the middle. Dealing 3 damage. As the creature dispelled into tiny digital crystals, Oikawa quickly walked over to Susano. "You okay?" he asked in a concerning tone. "By the way, I'd never run from a fight, if it meant leaving you behind. If we go down, I'm going down fighting.." he trailed off in an attempt to sound macho and caring.

[Oikawa-The Faint has Leveled Up to Level 4]

"So now that we aren't any immediate danger, lets get ourselves healed up so we can continue our exploration shall we?" he asked.

Oikawa and Wolf 3:

ID: 5460, BD: 9, CD: 7, LD: 8, MD: 5

~Enemy~

Wolf 1: 1/4 Fled from battle 

Wolf 2: 0/4 Dead

Wolf 3: -1/4 Dead

~Party~

Susano: 8/11

Oikawa: 4/7 (Now 4/11)

Party:

Susano: Hp:8/11

Oikawa: Hp:11/11

(Believe you get fully healed, not sure)

Susano blinked relatively impressed with the boys knowledge of Japanese deities which she hadn't even thought about till he just mentioned it. The last wolf laid there behind the tree relatively frightened of the entire encounter half whimpering in it's own fear. Walking toward it she would be holding her own arm a bit annoyed by the amount of damage she had taken the encounter. "Where the heck is that little pup," she muttered now walking over to try and put the wolf out of it's misery. Peering down at it she would bring her sword down vertically at the wolf accidentally lodging it in the tree trunk instead relatively anticlimactic as the wolf weakly took a swipe toward her shin merely pawing at the ground like a kitten trying to swipe at a ball of yarn. Hearing the clash of her sword upon the trunk she stopped looking up to see that it had gotten itself relatively stuck within the bark.

Slapping a hand to her face in embarrassment of her attack she sighed, "You know what I don't even care wolfy just get going." Gently booting the wolf in the side the combat would be finished as it sprinted off howling and whining from the wounds it took. Listening as her fail attempt to slay the final beast she would allow herself to fall down backwards a bit sleepily. "I don't know if continuing on with your injuries would be any good for you. Besides if we ran into another group of wolves like that you are more likely to find yourself fluttering off to pixel heaven. The grass would cushion her fall to the ground as her long ponytails would be stretching about 4 feet from side to side of her head. Eyes closed as she seemed to be trying to relax.

Trying to stifle a laugh as Miss Susano swung and epically failed at hitting the wounded lone survivor of their wolf assault, who decided to run before it became the target of another attack, Oikawa walked over to Susano and politely stepped past her, so he could stand in front of the sword. "Miss that...was. interesting... " he stammered out as he was still trying to conceal his laughter. Raising his hands to the weapon, he gave it a solid tug and with a *Thud*  it landed on the ground beneath the tree. "Here ya go haha. You ought to not swing at things that can't fight back miss. It isn't fair to the inanimate object" Oikawa teased as he handed her the curved weapon.

Taking a few steps back , he propped himself up against the tree and drew in a few breaths. "I agree that with my injuries, we should probably return to the City so I can heal myself up. You don't mind heading back for a bit do you?" the boy asked as he scrolled through his inventory. Making sure everything was still in order.

She would lie there trying to forget the stifled laugh which her companion had cut short in hopes of concealing his amusement of the whole scenario. A luxury which he quickly failed to continue as he made his little gibe at her for fighting inanimate objects. As he removed her sword from the tree she would sit up again a bit annoyed with him reaching her hand over the hilt and pulling it back up into her hand as she glared at him. Stabbing her sword into the ground she would use it as a means to pull herself up back to her feet Her avatar quickly jumping back up to her feet as she appeared to be throwing a punch directly at Oikawa's face. The curved blade still resting in the ground as her right hand flew into his screen undoubtedly taking up the lower portion of the frame. Before making impact the fist would stop about an inch from his forehead before the girl spoke once again, "Sure, just make sure you don't trip on a root and kill yourself." Grumbling as she quickly would attempt to flick his forehead and stomped off back in the direction of the town relatively annoyed with her screw up.

Glancing out the corner of his eye, Oikawa saw that the miss had pulled herself up from the ground. What he didn't realize was that she was now about to punch him in the face. Not in a position to react, he was relieved to see she hadn't followed through with it and opted to flick him int the forehead instead.

"Ouch" was all he could say as he rubbed his forehead. As the miss began to walk off, she mumbled that she wouldn't try to hit inanimate stuff as long as he didn't trip over a root and die. A little more amused, Oikawa followed her as they headed back to town. "I'll try not to die in such a pathetic way" he chuckled. 

Well at least she didn't punch me haha. That fail has to be bothering her though... Oikawa though as they made their short trip back. "So miss, what did you think of my progress so far?" he asked in an attempt to change the subject of her failure to something less fail related.