[SHOP-F1] Dellis's Weapon and Arms

Nikki hesitated a moment before taking the shield. She was giving him one more chance to change his mind, just in case. He never did however and she soon found herself holding the beautifully crafted item. It felt wonderful in her hands, not too heavy, but not so light to be flimsy. Its scales even reflected the light around creating a rainbow like shine across the scaled surface. She continued to shake a little for a moment, still staring into the item, almost transfixed by it. "You have no idea how much I appreciate this... I promise Ill protect it as well as it protects me."

She went silent for a moment collecting her thoughts. As she did a single tear fell from her eye and rolled down her cheek. Finally she broke her gaze from the shield and looked to Dellis again. "I've played a lot of games, many of which were contests with much at stake... I've never been afraid of losing, until now that is. But this... and you.. and yer confidence... I'm not so afraid anymore" A smile worked its way across her lips now.

A moment Later Dellis had returned to his work like no big thing had occurred. Nikki had even caught sight of him smashing a small lizard with a his hammer. This act had made her giggle gently. She was aware of the reptile being his familiar, and had even heard of him having conversations with it, so she knew that the act was not meant to hurt the little animal, and that the two were actually good friends.

Nikki took a second now to open her inventory menu and equip the shield she had in her hands. it flashed a light blue color before transferring from her grip to her arm where it was now equipped. She wiped her face now and Called out to Dellis. "I've got to run... I'll be back soon I promise... Wish me luck. Her voice was happier now, full of confidence. She exited the shop feeling better about the upcoming boss fight. Now she stood a chance, they all did.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dellis watched with the corner of his eye as Nikki took Izzy's Scales and equipped it.

"You have no idea how much I appreciate this... I promise Ill protect it as well as it protects me." He heard the girl's clear voice say in the stall.

"I know, Nikki. I'm sure you will." He smiled.

They remained silent for a second.

"I've played a lot of games, many of which were contests with much at stake... I've never been afraid of losing, until now that is. But this... and you.. and yer confidence... I'm not so afraid anymore"

He watched, struck, as he saw a single tear roll down her cheek. When she finally smiled, it was like the sun after the rain.

He was at a loss of words.

For such a little thing?

He opened his mouth, then closed it. He paused for two seconds, looking in her eyes, then spoke a single word. "Thanks."

And as soon as he said that, he knew it was the right one.

She wiped her face, still smiling, and called out to him.

"I've got to run... I'll be back soon I promise... Wish me luck." She said, with a happier voice, full of light.

He waved. "Don't worry! Go! And kick that monster where the sun doesn't shine!" He joked. "Every time i'll get to floor 8, i'll remember who made it possible. It was you. Now go, go! Good luck!" He shouted, behind her, as she ran again down the alleyway.

He thought about when he had lost hope.

He had thought that... if there was no one that wanted to help others, if all of the players continued to be selfish and egoistical... they'd never get out of this game.

Now he stood a chance, they all did.

He turned up to look at his customers.

Another boy had entered the room, by the time he had waved off Nikki.

"Are you... Dellis...?" The young boy asked in a low voice. He seemed to be quite shy.

"Sure, it's me. What can I do for you?" He asked, smiling.

He placed a paper in his hands. He scanned it quickly.

"I... I don't have the materials..." began the young man. "But... I could get them for you if you accept... the commission..." He concluded, staying silent for a bit.

He raised his eyes from the piece of paper.

"Hmmm... sure, I can do that. As you said, though, i'll need the materials." He paused.

"Every material's gonna be fine. I'll just exchange them for the materials I specifically need for your request later. This way, it's easier for you to find some." He concluded.

"Ah, Atlus, that's true for you too. I can craft you the katana you asked for, though you need to bring me a little more materials than him. For daggers, four materials are usually fine, accounting for failures. For swords, especially katanas, i'll need at least 8." He told them.

"If I manage to get some myself, i'll be using them towards the orders, but Swift's order comes first in the line." he precised.

"I'll be waiting for you. Please feel free to come back to the store every time you need!" he told the two.

(Seems like I have another order.)

As I walked away, I suddenly remembered I needed a new sword. I facepalmed myself and shyly went back into the store, chiming easily heard. Currently, Dellis was dealing with a lot of customers, something that I took noticed of.

'He's going to be famous one day, I know it...' I thought, as I wrote down on the piece of slip.

Again Nikki had found herself outside of this same shop. And like the times before she stood outside of it taking her time before entering. The shop of course was owned and run by Dellis, a local black smith, one of the best as far as she was concerned. On her arm she had Izzy's Scales. A beautifully crafted shield that she had gotten here not to long ago. She was unfortunately here to return the item. Not because it was faulty or damaged, and not because it was of lesser quality, that would prove furthest from the truth. Instead she was returning it because it did not belong to her. She had borrowed it from the shop keeper earlier for a battle that had not occurred.

Nikki hesitated another moment as if contemplating not going in. She could easily walk away and return the shield another day. Pretend it had slipped her mind and none would be the wiser. She wouldn't so that however, as she had made a promise to return it safely to its true owner. With that in mind she pressed the door open to the sound of the doors little bell. "Hello... Dellis. Ive come back like I said I would." She took a few more steps into the shop and approached the counter.

She took her time still marveling at all the items laying around the shop, many of which were exquisitely made. She couldn't help but smile as she thought about having been able to carry one of those fine pieces herself. "I have Izzy's Scales for you, back in perfect condition." She spoke almost triumphantly at having been able to maintain the item so clearly.

• 5 weeks later...

I went toward a booth where lots of people had been ordering from the busy blacksmith. I lowered my guard and ordered a sword. Writing on a slip of paper;

Customer Name : Nazo

Item Type : Sword

Item Description : Gray blade, swift sword, speedy strikes, white outlined for the blade and black handle leather.

Powers/Enhancements : Speedy with a sharp blade, heavy attack.

fantasy.jpg

My blade; <>

I gave the slip of paper to him, and walk away as he starts to read what had been on the paper. I hope he knows what to do as I walk away. At the bottom I told him to PM me anything I needed to do for the material.

• 3 weeks later...

OOC: Answer to Nikki's post will come later. This is only the reply to Nazo and Ichigo's post. I have little time now, sorry! ç_ç

Dellis raised his head from the counter, on which he had almost fell asleep from overwork.

He stared at the flier handed him by Nazo, and said:

"Ok, Nazo, I think I can make this. I just need time... and materials. You might go find them yourself, though, if you don't want to wait!" He stated, with a smile.

He then looked at the little girl which had strolled through his shop - well, stall more than shop, but nonetheless - putting her arms on her sides and demanding he teach her how to craft a weapon.

He laughed heartily. "Well, you've got courage, I'll grant you! Well, I can help you, but we'll need some training materials first. They do not create real swords, but are okay for making you understand the process. I should have some in the back, will you please go fetch them? They look like big iron ingots. Is that ok with you?" He smiled, putting his arms on his sides like she had done before.