[SHOP-F1] Dellis's Weapon and Arms

Dellis arrived at the stall. A lot of time had past since he last set out to gain materials from auburn mountain.

"Well, it's good to be back!" He said to Izzy, which right away threw herself on the blacksmithing anvil, basking in the heat it had gained from absorbing sunlight.

"Hey, get off of that, I need to craft! We're going to open for business in no time! Izzy!!!" Shouted the blacksmith.

Izzy, the cave lizard, paid no heed.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sighing, the young blacksmith took up a pen, and some paper sheets.

Smiling happily, and humming a little song, he went to the outside of the stall, and posted the various sheets of paper, placing them one beside the other.

He lifted the pen, and in big, bold letters, wrote the words:

WE'RE CURRENTLY OPEN

He looked at the sign, started singing happily a little tune, and then sat on the stool in the stall.

(Ah, okie.)

I noticed my store bought copper plate was getting a bit dull, so I decided to get some new armor. I remembered that I had once down a quest with a blacksmith, and he was in floor 1. After a bit of searching, I finally found the shop, it was a small stall with a mat and some blacksmithing materials.

"U-Um...excuse me, but would it be okay for you to make me a light metal chestplate and light metal shinguards?" I muttered, holding out a form that was placed in front of the stall, signed.

Customer Name : DandelionWings

Item Type :Armor

Item Description :Black, light metal.

Powers/Enhancements :Yes.

Dellis was snoring softly, when the young girl entered the store.

"U-Um...excuse me, but would it be okay for you to make me a light metal chestplate and light metal shinguards?" She muttered, holding out the crafting form.

Dellis woke up suddendly, stood up sending Izzy flying around the stall, and said "Wha! Who! What's happening? Did I do something wrong? It wasn't my fault!" He shouted, still partly sleeping.

He recollected himself, and noticed the form.

"Ah... you're a customer!" He said. "I'm deeply sorry about this. It was very unprofessional of me." He muttered, in an apologizing tone. "Please accept my apologies!" He said, bowing deeply.

He took the crafting flyer, smiling, and scanned it quickly.

It read

Customer Name : DandelionWings

Item Type :Armor

Item Description :Black, light metal.

Powers/Enhancements :Yes.

"Hmmm... it's all in order, it seems. You might want to elaborate a bit on the description, though. The powers are tied to the description, so it would be in your best interests to describe it a bit more. Tell me in what it is different from normal armors." He stated.

"For instance, a good description would be"

this black armor is made of metal scales. It feels smooth to the touch, and the metal seems to almost ripple, when the wearer moves. It is very hard, and yet very lightweight. It seems almost like it enhances the wearer's agility, when the wearer uses its powers, he becomes very agile, and it gets very hard to hit him.

"A description like this tells me exactly what the armor does different from the others: it enhances the user's agility. It probably would give you the power to get more difficult to hit." He concluded, hoping she had understood. It was hard to explain crafting to other people.

"Well, if you've got no preference over the power, I can always make up a description myself, and relieve you of the need to do that. Your choice!" He smiled.

Swift walked into the shop. She wasn't in the mood to talk so she wrote it on a note and gave it to the blacksmith.

I would like a new sword that has points along the blade like a vine with thorns. It is a black sword that allows the user to deal 1 extra damage per hit. I have asketch of it here.

uZnEq24.png

-Swift

Nikki slipped quietly into the shop making sure not to disturb anything or anyone who might be here. Her goal was to investigate the items for sale and determine if the shop keeper here had the skill she needed to fashion a unique weapon for her. She needed something she hadn't found in any npc vendors, or in any other player shops. After a few minutes of searching Nikki approached the man behind the counter and waiting another moment before speaking as if choosing her words carefully.

"Excuse me sire.. I need a specific weapon made, and I heard you might be able to do it." She began rummaging through her pockets for a piece of paper and presented it to Dellis. "Please if you can... I would desperatly need this item or one as close to it as you could make."

Customer Name: Nikki Styx

Item Type: Spear

Item Description: A simple black spear with dark blue inlays on the handles, and dark blue grips. The tip Is a silver crossed blade that fits into a simple diamond shape. Over all the weapon is simple and durable, designed for power and longevity over elegance. The User seems to be infused with additional strength while using this spear. img

Powers/Enhancements: Id prefer the weapon to either give a +2 damage, or a +1 damage +1 combat roll. Depending on what the GM will allow.

She waited now for the man to look over her request and give his thoughts.

Dellis strained himself to hear the words of her customer. She was a really timid girl... but it was to be expected, from a girl her age.

"W-Well...I'll prefer if the armor increases the speed of the user...b-but I don't mind anything else...." She muttered.

He smiled. "Don't worry, I'll try to get exactly what you want. I can't guarantee the powers it will have, unfortunately... but I'll try my best."

In that moment, another girl came in, and left a flyer with a quick sketch. She didn't say a word.

"Hi, welcome." He told her with a smile nonetheless, as he took up the flyer.

"Uhm... this is doable, but you'll have to wait until my other orders are done. Dan here came before you, so I'm afraid you'll have to wait a bit. I apologize deeply! By the way, remember I can't rig it to have the particula enhancement you asked. I can try, but I can't guarantee it will enhance your damage. Still, it's worth trying." He smiled.

As he set off to try his luck at crafting, the bell rang once again.

Another girl had arrived in the stall. She browsed for a moment the various goods he had on display... then she seemed satisfacted, and greeted him.

"Excuse me sire.. I need a specific weapon made, and I heard you might be able to do it." She started rummaging through her pockets, and presented him with a piece of paper. "Please if you can... I would desperatly need this item or one as close to it as you could make."

*Well, she has really good manners. I think she's the first one who's addressed me so nicely in this game. I appreciate that.*

He smiled to the girl. "Pleased to meet you. It's very nice to have customers like you here. Thanks for having trusted me with this job." He started.

"Of course I will, I'll try to get your order done as soon as I can."

He stopped, smiling to the young girl.

"As you can see though, i've got a bit of customers waiting for their orders to be done too, and they've all requested enhancements to their weapons and armors, so it may take a bit. I deeply apologize for that." He said, bowing. She deserved that he treated her as nicely as she did with him."

He paused for a second.

"Well, I guess I now need to craft that armor for you, don't I, Dan?" He smiled, going off to the materials closet and picking up the hammer. "If you're lucky, it'll work right now." He concluded.

Nikki Smiled at him politely. She was amazed that he would take on her challenge and try and fashion her weapon. Of course there was an order Que, not that that was a problem for her, she had nowhere to go till things were done, so in a way she had all the time to wait. He had bowed and apologized for the wait. to which she responded with a larger smile. "Its no problem sir, I just appreciate you taking the time to consider my request. If you would kindly send me a message when you would be ready to make an attempt id me more than happy to come watch. Until then I will let you get back to yer work. Have a great day!" She too then bowed and quietly exited the shop.

He smiled at the girl. "Sure, I'll definetely send you a message when I will make my first attempt at crafting your sword. Don't worry, I'm always happy to work with someone around."

He watched her exit the shop. "You too, feel free to come back anytime!" He shouted behind her.

He got back to the materials cabinet. "Right, speaking of work, I was about to get my first attempt at your armor done, Dan. Now, where did I put those Dreamsteel Ingots..."

He took out of the cabinet two strange ingots of a deep black colour, whose metal seemed to ripple almost as if liquid, with every movement he made.

Calling them ingots was, actually, wrong - their form was everchanging, and the surface never completely stopped rippling. They seemed more liquid and solid, and yet Dellis seemed to pick them up easily. They coiled in his hands, forming the image of a Dragon, for a split second.

"These are quite perfect for what you had in mind." He addressed Dan. "They make for great armors, since they're very hard, and yet..." he said, lifting one - "They're as light as a feather. They have almost no weight. I've traded two of my Gems of Zaerek for these." He said.

He smiled. "Now, all that's left to do is try. Shall we?" He asked, waiting a moment after picking up the ingots again.

The crafting process for these were a little different. Crafting armors was a lot more difficult than crafting swords, since some parts were made of different materials than the main metal. Plus, it was more like crafting separately every piece of the armor, and then join it, so it could become a single item.

He took a basin of water, and plunged the Dreamsteel in.

"Dreamsteel is already too malleable as it is. It's not a matter of heating it so you can shape it, like normal metals, it's more like cooling it down, so it can take a more... stable form." He said.

Slowly, the Dreamsteel began taking a more solid form. While before it was just like a very thick liquid, which seemed to coalesce every now and then when Dellis picked it up, now it was actually resembling fused metal.

He used a little bowl to collect the Dreamsteel, which floated lazily in the water.

He went to the table, and poured it into four separate little pools on the table.

"Here we are." He said.

"Well, please place your hands near the ingot, and stay very still. It's better that the new owner is near, when Dreamsteel is used, since it attunes to you, but I fear hurting you, so be very careful." He warned.

Immediately, as Dan put her hands near the steel, it began to take the form of the armour she wanted, complete with every particular.

*I hate this part... I'd hate to hit her accidentally, yet with Dreamsteel, there's no other choice. Ok, here goes nothing.* He thought.

He tried to remember what the beta guide said about Dreamsteel Ingots.

*Hitting them with the blacksmith hammer - or any normal steel, for that matter - when they're in this state freezes them. They assume that form, and will not change it again.*

"Stay very still..." he recommended...

He swung the hammer, hitting them one after the other with force.

First Crafting Attempt of the day: Armor

Rank 1: Starting rank and 2 Crafts a day

1=Epic fail 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

2-4=fails 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

5-7=bad Item 1 EXP (50% chance to salvage mat's in repeat quest)

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

10=Uncommon Item 3 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

11=Rare Item 5 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

12= Perfect Item 8 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

EDIT: Bad Item created - salvageable 1 Material remaining +1xp, 15 total crafting XP

Dellis breathed heavily, as he opened the appraisal window of the armor he had made.

"Hmm..." he muttered.

He shook his head. "Sorry Dan, this' not up to par. Luckily, I can try to salvage. It won't take long, Dreamsteel is actually pretty quick to salvage... not easy, though."

He took the various pieces, and put them in the furnace.

"They'll melt right away into liquid Dreamsteel, if they're heated right away after being used." He explained.

"The difficult part..." he said, moving with haste... "Is doing so fast enough." He concluded.

Seconds later, he was collecting liquid dreamsteel from the furnace.

"Let's see if it's still pure enough to craft with..." he said, opening the appraisal window.

SALVAGE ATTEMPT --- 1-6 fail, 7-12 success.

And yet, the appraisal window gave him terrible news. He had failed horribly once again.

"Oh well, with time we'll get there." He said to Dan.

"It normally takes me four tries to craft an item like yours." He concluded.

"Well, this is the last attempt for today. I've used up all my crafting attempts. Let's hope this works!" He said with a smile.

He stood up, and took the other Dreamsteel Ingot.

He went away for a second to fetch a new barrel of water, and moments later he was plunging yet again the Dreamsteel in the cold water. Slowly but surely, it began to coalesce.

"Okay, here we are again. You know the drill, Dan." He said, asking her to put her hands on the table, near the steel.

It began to take the right form...

And trying to time his hits right, he hit once again all four formed pieces of the armor.

Second Crafting Attempt of the day: Armor

Rank 1: Starting rank and 2 Crafts a day

1=Epic fail 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

2-4=fails 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

5-7=bad Item 1 EXP (50% chance to salvage mat's in repeat quest)

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

10=Uncommon Item 3 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

11=Rare Item 5 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

12= Perfect Item 8 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

RARE ITEM CRAFTED, an Armor named

Dreamsteel Armor

This black steel armor is made from Dreamsteel. It is very hard, especially when hit by metal, and yet very lightweight. Its scales seem to ripple, and adapt to every movement of its wearer. Even if it is a metal armor, the user can move very fast in it, and dodging and jumping is not an issue. When the wearer uses its powers, for a short duration the Dreamsteel becomes almost liquid, rippling faster than before. This seems to enhance the wearer's agility, which becomes very difficult to hit.

"Hmm..." said Dellis opening the appraisal window.

"You've been very lucky, Dan. I've got it at the second try. It's a rare Item. It'll take me a bit to figure out its powers, though." He said.

"Feel free to sit there while you wait, and help yourself to some croissants!" He said, pointing to a stool.

*Blip*... a window blipped softly to his right.

*What is that?* thought Dellis, curiously opening it.

An UI window popped up, with big, bold letters, readable from everywhere in the store, stating

Crafting Rank Up - Rank 2

He smiled, and went back to examining the armor, humming happily.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crafting Attempts Exhausted for the day: materials remaining, 0. +5 crafting xp, total xp 20. Crafting Rank Level Up. Results, one Bad quality armor, failed salvage of Bad quality armor, Rare quality armor named Dreamsteel Armor.

After Dellies had finished the armor on the second try, I stared at it wide-eyed and smiling. I let go of the armor and bowed my head down. "Thank you very much, it looks really well done." I replied, this time in a tone of excitement and happiness. I paid the blacksmith some money, making the chestplate appear into my inventory.

Enhancement/Power: Feel the Flow - Once per fight, when the wearer of the armor uses its enhancement, he evades automatically the first attack that targets him. Additionally, as long as he wears this armor, he moves a bit faster than normal, and is more agile, resulting in better acrobatics skills.

I equipped it on, before giving another thanks and leaving the store.

Nikki entered the store swiftly, closing the door gently behind her. She had been in here before, looking at the various wares of the skilled smith, all of which seemed outside of her price range. She had even requested a spear of the owner, who despite his long list of orders, had graciously agreed to forge the weapon. Though this weapon was not why she was here. In her hand she clutched a letter that had been written to her by the store owner Dellis. He was one of the greatest smiths she had met so far since logging into SAO, and it turns out that he was also one of the most generous players.

Nikki had petitioned him to loan her one of his wares, an item that she would most likely not have been able to purchase for a long time. The shield called Izzy's Scales. In her letter she had even offered him everything she had, including her servitude. However he had declined her compensation, and stated that she could stop by and pick up the item. She knew the risk he was taking by allowing her to do this, and so she would promise him today that she return and bring with her his shield back.

She took a few steps across the shop, and stopped at the counter waiting for Dellis. She was nervous, and even shaking a little, though out of excitement, or fear she couldn't tell. She was still holding his letter tightly as if her life depended on it.

Another man entered the store, asking for a katana.

He answered smiling. "Sure! It'll take long though, i'm overcome with orders at the moment, and I've got no materials with which to craft. As always, I can give you a list of materials to find. Just say so!"

He got back to the crafting table, and took a furtive glance at the silent girl. She seemed to be very polite, and yet did not speak a word in response to him. Maybe she didn't like to speak. Anyways, he kind of liked that. Silent people are the ones who, when in the end they speak, are the smartest ones.

He decided to address her, nonetheless. "Don't worry, miss, you're next in the line, so it won't be long.

In that moment, the door opened, and Nikki came in.

She was the kind, quiet girl who had asked for a spear some time ago. She had his letter in hand...

"Hey, Nikki!" He greeted the young girl, smiling. "Come on in, don't worry!"

He saw the young girl was trembling, ever so slightly, clutching his letter. He thought that was cute.

Without a word, he opened the inventory, and took off Izzy's Scales. Moments later, it appeared in his hands, with a blue flash.

"Here it is." He said, smiling. "Come on, take it, don't worry!" He added.

The young girl had offered everything in exchange to him, for lending her his shield. And yet he had took nothing.

"I really hope it will be helpful to you. A shield's job is protecting people like you. If it does that in my hands, or in yours... it has fulfilled its job nonetheless."

Seeing her quiver still, he decided to add something. He lowered his voice, so that only she could hear, and said "You know why I'm not worried? It's because I know you're gonna come back, alive. You were ready to give everything to get a shield... to fight a boss in the frontlines, endangering your life to save others."

He paused.

"Those who sacrifice themselves for the others... are worthy of trust." He smiled again, and then got back to the crafting table.

*You're gonna give her my Scales, then?* Thought Izzy, on his shoulder.

"I am. She deserves a chance, doesn't she? Plus, she asked nicely." He whispered to the little lizard.

*... I'm not gonna ask.* joked the sarcastic little reptile.

"HEY! Not that way! You idiot lizard." He laughed, making a scene of smashing her with an hammer.

-----------------

Given Item to Nikki Styx

Izzy's Scales

This shield is made of scales, translucent and gleaming like gemstones. It seems very sturdy, but also very lightweight, just as gemstones and scales are. Under direct sunlight, it divides light, creating little rainbows around it. It is a round shield, but its shape isn't totally round, since the scales at the edges are irregular and create little bumps and squares. The center gemstone is, oddly, the same colour as cream.

Enhancements/Powers: It blinds the enemies with a flash of light at the start of the battle. (Approved GM Oske)

Atlus walked over to the main counter, he leaned over it cooly "Id like to have a sword made, but Im gonna need some time." Atlus slid a piece of paper across the counter over to the blacksmith

2j46geh.jpg

"I havent unlocked the katana ability yet, but im working towards it. I was thinking while I grind for it I could collect all the materials I need. Ill probably need a list of materials." Atlus put his hand under his chin, and looked up at the blacksmith. "Can you do that?"