SP - F1 <<Blade of Dreams>> (Completed)

Calrex looked left and right as he wandered down the streets of the Starting City.

"With all of the stuff I've been doing. I never really had time to actually explore the city to its fullest. All I've seen is the main plaza, that smaller rest spot, and only a couple more places. Oh well, best look now while I have the time..."

He used his right arm to push up his sword so that it was in line with his back, rather than horizontal across the back of his hip. It was just in time, as he approached what appears to be a busy marketplace / trading area. Calrex could feel a bead of sweat form on the side of his head as he tried to navigate his way past the crowds.

"Um excuse me...pardon me...sorry...one side...excuse me...grh!"

He tried to move through the crowds as smoothly as possibly, but unfortunately his space to move got smaller and smaller the further and further he went through. Eventually he was stuck between two large crowds of players. He began to push harder and harder to get himself out of the trap. Eventually, almost with a comical pop, he get through.

"Geez what in the world are they going all crazy abou..."

He looked over at a shop that stood in front of him. It wasn't really busy, but it seemed welcoming. He took a look around left and right, wondering why it wasn't as busy as the other shops. He gave a quick shrug as he decided to step inside.

Inside the shop there was lots of weapons laid against stands, on display, and behind the counter. Calrex's eyes scanned across all the items, noticing something interesting.

"All of these weapons, they don't look like generic standard items you can make or craft. They're custom made..."

He took a look closer at a particular sword, noting its intricate design and the etched pattern on the blade.

"The detail on these is unreal, almost inhumanely made. Well...I've gotta remember what world I'm talking about here."

"Hi there! May I help you with something?"

"Huh?"

Calrex turned to face the person behind the voice he just heard.

"Hi, can I help you?"

Calrex turned his head expecting someone around his height, only to see the back wall of the shop. His eyes adjusted and moved downwards to see a young girl addressing him.

"Um, hi yes, are you the owner of this shop?"

"Yes! Is there something you needed assistance with?"

"So young to be the owner of the shop...and to make such fine weaponry is impressive."

"Are you looking to have a custom weapon made?"

"A custom blade. Well, it would be nice, but I don't really have enough Col on me ri..."

Calrex stopped talking as the little girl as she put her hands, closed into fists, on her hips. She gave a stare as if Calrex should know something about her that he was not showing.

"You should know that I don't take payment in the form of money! If you bring me the materials for it, I'll make it for you. Now what would you like your sword to be. I can tell from the sword you're wearing it's a one-handed straight sword. Would you like a sword of the same class?"

"Um...sure..."

"I think I should just play along and ride this out. At least she's not demanding I leave."

"Alright then..."

While seeming only a little bit annoyed now, the shop owner-

"By the way, I don't believe I caught your name..."

"It's Sai, pleased to meet you."

"P-Pleased to meet you..."

With that introduction she seemed to return back to her helpful self as she completed some kind of screen, sending it over to Calrex. He looked at it, seeing it was some kind of item description, only that all of the parts of it were blank.

"Just go ahead and fill in all the parts of this and I'll be able to tell you what materials you need and where to get them"

"Hmm..."

Calrex started tapping on the window, filling in all of the different parts of the window before sending it back to her.

"How's this?"

OOC: The hilt and color of the blade is like the picture, only with a double edged blade rather than a one-sided edge.

Name: Grand Blade

Type: One-Handed Straight Sword

Quality: Uncommon

Description: A longsword with a crescent hand guard, made to be wielded with one hand. The blade itself it made of an ore with a natural black steel finish that when polished exposes the shining silver underneath. Since the edge is the only part that's been polished, it is where that metal shines through. The hilt, handle, and guard are all made of a dark blue steel that has been shaped and fastened to the sword itself. It has been said that this sword was once a part of an armor that as now been lost to legend.

Effects: +1 Damage

Link: http://akamegakill.wikia.com/wiki/File:Chara_17.png

"You certainly have a blue theme going with your outfit right now don't you?"

"Uh...I guess I'll just go with it on this comment."

"For now I guess. I'll probably have to change colors with my equipment, but for now this works."

"Uh huh. Alright then let's see here...Hm...I'll need to make a laminate to get that effect...and to dye the handle I'll need that and that..."

"Wow, there's a lot going into this...I wonder if I should wa..."

"Got it!"

"Huh?"

"Alright, here's what you need for this weapon. They should all be fairly easy to find outside the city:

1 Purified Iron Ores from Steelback Hogs

2 Dark Steel from Dark Steel Stalagmite

2 Blue Petals from Azure Flowers

All of these are close together in the lakeside forest just west of the city. Just bring those back here and I'll make you your weapon!"

"Alright, thanks. I will be back then."

Calrex nodded and instinctively bowed as he left the shop, heading out of the Starting City's western gate. "Alright so I've got to find these things and bring them back. Shouldn't be too bad. It's a good thing I got some practice in with the combat system with the other before trying this out."

He drew his sword in preparation for any combat as he approached the location the girl had mentioned. It looked like the Steelback Hogs she had mentioned were designed to spawn  on the lake's shoreline, probably to simulate them drinking from the lake as nourishment.

"Well, since they're first on the list, I'd better go ahead and get them first."

Calrex lowered his stance as he began to creep towards the herd.

"I really hope I don't draw any aggro from any of the other hogs except for the one I'm gonna focus on. Let's see."

Calrex's eyes scanned the group, looking for any that would be a straggler or was farthest from the group. His eyes fell on one that was simulated drinking from the lake's shore while the rest were further up at the end of the sand line.

"Got it."

With that he began his approach.

ID: 6073

Battle Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 2

OOC: Woohoo first roll and it's a critical!

IC:

COMBAT START

"Let's do this stealthily. I might be able to score an easy hit if I catch it unawares..."

Calrex crept closer and closer to the Steelback Hog, his sword at the ready. The hog didn't even seem to notice that he was approaching. He glanced over to his right from time to time, making sure that none of the rest of the herd had spotted him. He kept his body low, his knees bent slightly lower than a 90 degree angle, keeping his steps light and soft.

"I don't have anything to contribute to stealth at the moment, so hopefully sneaking around naturally will help with that. Alright, just about in striking range."

He got himself within three paces of the hog. With luck he was directly behind it, a prime position for a sneak attack. He crouched even lower, coiling his body's muscles like a spring, bringing his sword arm back, tip pointed directly at the hog.

"3...2...1...NOW!"

He sprung forward, extending his sword arm in a fierce stab, piercing the hog deep. He quickly swung to the left to wrench his sword out, cutting the hog as it exited.

The Steelback Hog squealed in surprise and pain as it turned to face Calrex, trying to take a swipe at him as it turned. Now that Calrex was closer he could get a good look at the creature. It's entire back was potted with reflective stones. Even its tusks were partially coated in the iron.

"Well, now I know why it drops from this monster. Time to take it out."

HP Counter'

Calrex: 9/9

Steelback Hog: 5/8

ID: 6175

Battle Dice: 10 (+2 Damage)

Mob Dice: 4

Calrex took a deep breath as he held his sword at the ready, end pointed straight towards the Steelback Hog.

"Well I wasn't expecting this to be easy, but it's definitely not as bad as I was expecting it to be either. I guess I am used to the AI of other games, so it isn't much of a stretch to apply it to this games mechanics as well."

Calrex brought his sword across, holding the upper third in his opposite hand as the hog charged, slamming its tusks into the blade, trying to force him back. He braced with his left leg forward and right leg back, pushing against the hog as it continued to push forward.

"I just hope I don't have to eat my words!"

As he felt the hog try to force even harder forward he caved his guard on the left side, angling the blade back towards him. As the momentum of the hog's charge forced it to his left side he brought his left hand up to the handle, releasing with his right simultaneously as he grasped it with his left in a icepick grip. As the grip solidified his right hand slid onto the end of the pommel, pulling back towards him. This forced the blade's tip into the hog as its charge forced it past him. He pushed forward with his left hand as if he were completing a punch, forcing the blade across the side of the hog, the blade popping out as the cut exited the hog's backside.

Calrex quickly righted himself and turned to face the hog, his grip and sword hand switching back to his original setting. From what he could see of the hog's health it had gone into the red and was nearly out.

"Alright, one more strike should do it..."

HP Counter

Steelback Hog: 1/8

ID: 6177

Battle Dice: 1 (Q_Q)

Mob Dice: 5

"Guess I spoke too soon..."

Calrex readied himself for another charge from the hog, his sword point straight at it's head.

"Maybe I can end this quickly with a single strike..."

He coiled his leg and arm muscles, slightly lowering his position, ready to launch himself forward at the hog once again. The hog shook his head as it turned itself around, ready for another charge. It gave a few clicks with its foot at the ground before rushing forward once again, building momentum as it rushed towards Calrex.

"Alright,..3...2...1!"

As the hog came into lunging range Calrex leapt forward, his sword arm extending, aiming to pierce through the hog once again. Had his stab been a few inches to the left or right, it would have been true. Unfortunately it feel right in the middle, the tip slamming straight into the tusk of the hog. The two metals clashing rang out as Calrex's lunge, having less momentum than the hogs charge, buckled. Luckily the force came down so quickly that Calrex got thrown to the side moments before the hog's charge would have slammed into him.

"That was close...I've gotta be careful. Can't get overzealous. I've got to stay calm and time my strike precisely. If not, my life might be the price..."

HP Counter

ID: 6178

Battle Dice: 9 (+1 to Damage XD)

Mob Dice: 5

Calrex steadied his breathing as he readied his blade once again. The last failed attack had left him slightly reeling. His senses deafened as he calmed himself, keeping his focus on the Steelback Hog preparing to charge once again.

"Steady my breathing, calm myself. I've gotten two successful hits so far. It'll only take one more to finish it off."

He felt his body relax as he regained his calm composure, his sword hand gripping his sword tightly while the wrist remained relaxed. His eyes scanned the hog as it readied itself, scanning for any telegraphed movements that would give away its next move.

"Going from its attack pattern it's most likely going to charge once again. Alright, let's try this one more time."

He set his supporting hand on the pommel of his sword, bringing it up and to his right side. He kept the sword parallel to the ground, his left hand coming across his body to rest on the pommel. His right hand remained gripped to the blade. The hog began its charge as Calrex swayed his body back, coiling his leg muscles as he reached the lowest point in his stance. As the hog got just out of striking distance he began to sway forward, his toes gripping the ground, ready to give a strong push forward. Once the hog got into his striking area the muscles he had ready released as he pushed forward with both arms.

This time the point of the blade fell true to its mark, piercing through the hog's forehead. As its health dropped to zero it dissipated into mirror-like crystals. Calrex let his feet plant on the ground as he gave a strong exhale, looking around. It looked like the rest of the herd had not noticed him.

"Good, none of the other hogs are coming just yet. So...did I have..."

Right on queue, the loot screen appeared, with the Purified Steel Ore on its list. Calrex sighed in relief.

"Alright, that's one material down. Now to find the rest"

Calrex looked at the rest of the herd. From his view, they were all fairly closely clustered. 

"Better scour the forest for the other materials."

With that Calrex flipped his sword into reverse and headed towards the forest.

HP Counter

Steelback Hog: 0/8 (2 extra damage overkill)

Spoils: 1 Purified Steel Ore

OOC: Note, I originally made this post as a miss on the loot, but then I double checked the loot table and saw that monsters that meet loot requirements drop materials 100% of the time. So I edited it to reflect that.

ID: 6251

Loot Dice: 9

"Well looks like my luck finally ran out."

Calrex wandered around through the forest, looking to see if there was any of the two materials he was looking for. Nothing stood out as he passed around for at least a good ten minutes.

"Huh, do these materials have a low spawn rate or something? I'm not having any luck with finding these things..."

Calrex sighed as he continued to scrounge around again. He finally stopped when something glinted in the corner of his eye.

"Is is that?"

ID: 6252

Loot Dice: 17 (+1 Material) 

The glint came from a large rock stalagmite that was resting right at the entrance to a cave. It was made from what looked to be some kind of black iron.

"That must be it!"

Calrex rushed over, looking at the stalagmite.

"Ok...now how do I harvest this thing? Maybe a blow from my sword?"

He flipped his sword into a normal grip, holding it with both hands as he slammed it into the top point of the stalagmite. A large clang echoed out as a piece of the rock fell off on the ground. Calrex readied for another shot to try and harvest another one when the stalagmite despawned into crystals.

"Darn, I was hoping to get one more."

He went over to the piece that had been knocked off, picking it up. The display identified it as Dark Steel.

"Sweet...I'm well on my way..."

ID: 6253

Loot Dice: 14 (So close!)

"...aaand I'm having no luck again..."

Calrex decided to enter the cave in order to find more Dark Steel, since the first one was right at the entrance.

"I'm guessing that the cave holds the steel and the forest has the flowers. Hopefully this might help boost my chances of finding the materials faster."

Calrex's eys darted back and forth across the different rock formations as he wandered further and further into the cave, sword at the ready. So far none of the hunks of stone stood out like the first one did. They all seemed to be made of clay or other more common cave ores. He thought that possibly he was nearing the end of the cave as he continued to move further in.

"Come on...give me...huh?"

ID: 6254

Loot Dice: 16

"...Yes!"

Calrex rushed over as he saw a familiar stalagmite formation on one side of the cave. It was another Dark Steel Stalagmite. He held his sword at the ready, drew it back, and gave another swing. The piece fell off just like before, falling to the floor as the formation dissipated.

"Alright, one material down. Now to forage for the blue flowers needed for the sword."

He went over and picked up the material, putting it away in his inventory. With that he promptly left the cave and exited back out into the forest, looking around as he exited.

"Still no trace of the blue flowers yet. I'll keep looking for now."

ID: 6269

Loot Dice: 13

ID: 6270

Loot Dice: 5

Calrex sighed as he continued to wander around the forest, searching for the last materials he needed to complete the quest. Unfortunately, it appeared that due to unknown circumstances the blue flowers he was supposed to find were nowhere to be found. He checked away from, directly around, and anywhere in between the trees in the forest to no avail.

"Kind of cynical to think about, but I wonder if anyone in this game has died simply from spending too much time searching for a single piece of material. Although I guess it would be understandable if it were a rare one."

"...but in this case it feels like this flower should be a simple one to find, yet it feels like it should be a rare item. How long have I been at this?"

He let his eyes scan the forest, but still no flowers were to be found. "How long is it going to be till I find one of these things?"

ID: 6272

Loot Dice: 4

"Oh...finally!"

Calrex almost sprinted towards the glistening blue flower he saw at the base of a tree. It felt like almost an hour had passed since he got his first piece of material, so seeing the blue rose was almost like witnessing a miracle to him. He bent over to take a good look at it, seeing the glowing blue petals of the flower. He reached forward and plucked one of the petals, looking at it in his hand.

"Is this what I nee...huh?"

Almost immediately he dropped the petal as he saw little green spots all over it. Aphids...or at least SAO's version of aphids. The flower was contaminated with it. There was no way he could harvest petals from it. He gave a soft sigh of defeat, got to his feet, and carried on.

ID: 6273

Loot Dice: 9

ID: 6274

Loot Dice: 19

It was almost as if the first flower he found had opened a can of worms on the situation. While he was finally finding flowers, all of the ones he came across were contaminated with the same bugs that were on the first flower.

"I don't know which is worse, not finding them, or finding them but can't use them."

He continued walking, finding yet another flower. He plucked another petal from it, partially expecting it to be also contaminated...when the petal actually appeared in his inventory.

"What? Alright! Just one more to go then!"

With renewed spirit he got to his feet and began to search for the one last flower petal he needed for his new custom blade. 

ID: 6276

Loot Dice: 19

Calrex picked up his pace after finding the first blue petal he needed for his blade. There was only one petal left to find before his mission was complete, and after spending so much time doing menial harvesting he was excited to finally be back in the city. He rounded every tree, searched every nook and cranny, and also possibly scared some of the random creatures that inhabited it.

"Come on, just one more...please!"

His eyes darted back and forth as he looked for one last flower. He felt he was nearing the end of the woods when he finally saw it. A single blue flower at the very edge of the forest, nestled underneath the tree right at the edge. He ran to the flower and stopped right in front of it. He dropped to his knees, thankful for finally seeing this quest's end. He reached down and plucked the petal from it, the final piece being added to his inventory.

"Thank good, it's over. Now to get these back to Sai."

He got to his feet, turned towards the city, and began the trek back to the gate.

Calrex moved quickly through the streets of the Starting City, weaving past various NPCs, players, etc. as he blazed through back towards Sai's workshop.

"I'm actually kinda excited to see how this turns out. I only started recently and I'm already going to be getting a custom-made weapon."

He brushed past players as the streets as they got narrower and narrower. Eventually he saw the familiar shop as he drew into view. "At least I didn't have to go through that really crowded market this time."

He stepped into the shop and looked around. Even though he was gone for a decent amount of time, the shop seemed fairly untouched. Nothing was really moved around, and none of the sword he had looked at before seemed to have been put away or sold. The familiar young girl came out from the back of the shop and recognized Calrex almost immediately.

"Hey there, welcome back! I'm guessing you gathered the materials needed for your weapon?"

"Well she doesn't seem miffed like earlier."

"Yes, it took some time, but I managed to gather it all. The ones I had to gather seemed a lot harder to find than the one that was from a monster."

"Yeah it tends to go that way. Alright go ahead and lay them out here on the table and I'll get started on it!"

Calrex nodded and approached the table. He performed the familiar motion of pulling up his interface, going to the inventory section, and began materializing the components onto the table. First the Purified Steel Ore from the Steelback Hog, then the two pieces of Dark Steel from the Dark Steel Salagmite, and finally the two Blue Petals from the Azure Flowers within the forest.

Sai stepped over and inspected each of the materials, making sure they were not damaged in any particular way, then began grabbing each material and taking them to a particular station behind the counter.

• 4 weeks later...

"Alright everything seems to be in order. Just wait here and I'll have your sword made in a little bit."

"Sure thing."

Calrex moved to a spot so he wasn't in the way, watching as his sword was being made. Of course since he was in a game, the actual process was simplified to what it would be in real life.

Sai took the Purified Steel Ore and hammered it a few times, watching as the rough chunk of rock formed out into a thin, long piece of steel. She moved next on to the Dark Steel pieces, which she treated likewise. However, instead of turning into two flat slabs of metal about the same length of the purified steel, but about three times as wide. She placed them all together, sandwiching the silver steel between the two dark pieces. With a single hammer stroke to the front and back and pieces morphed into the sword, minus the blue coloring on the hilt. She took the blue petals and placed them into some kind of basin, pouring small bits of various types of liquid into it, then placing the resulting mixture onto a fire. After the mixture boiled she dunked the handle end of the sword into it and held it there.

Calrex watching as the sword made one final transformation animation. As Sai pulled out the sword and wiped it off, Calrex felt like he wanted to drop his jaw. The sword was exactly the way he had described it.

"Here, go ahead and give it a try."

He nodded as he presented it to him with two hands, one on the belly of the blade and the other resting on the end of the handle. He accepted it likewise, sliding his hand around the handle. He shifted his hand so the guard was facing towards his fingers. Hie eyes ran up and down the blade, admiring the black steel of the center that smoothly transitioned to the shining silver edge. He moved to a safe place in the shop, giving the sword a few good swings.

"For being such a strong blade, it's surprisingly light. I think I'll be able to put this to good use."

"So, what do you think?"

"It's amazing, exactly what I described, and it feels comfortable in my hand. But..."

"But..."

"Is it alright if I take it out and test it in some actual combat before I give my final verdict? It feels great, but I tend to learn if a weapon is right for me by actually using it."

"Psh, that's perfectly fine! Go ahead and fight some boars and see how it is. If it needs and adjustments to it bring it back and I'll be glad to give it a few tweaks."

"Thanks, I really appreciate it. I don't want to put you out much."

"There's just one tiny detail though."

"A catch...there's always a catch."

"What's that?"

"Well, if I let you wield the weapon with all of its benefits, specifically its increase in strength, I feel it might influence your opinion."

"So...what can I do to test it then?"

"Hm...can I see it again for a second?"

Calrex nodded, returning the sword over to Sai. She inspected the blade once again, holding it at the ends with her hands, giving it a few light tosses. She then grasped it with one hand, extending it and bringing it back to a ready position.

"Hm...alright, that's there and...alright! I've got a solution!"

"Huh?"

"Give me one second, I'll be right back!"

What seemed to Calrex like a half hour passed by before Sai came back out. She was carrying what appeared to be a blade of similar design to the Grand Blade that Calrex had requested. This one however seemed to be more of a stock sword than a custom made. The blade itself was a silver steel much like his current sword, and the handle appeared to be made out of a dark gray metal.

"This sword has an almost exact feel to the custom sword you requested, but without the booster that comes with it. In essence there's no difference between it and your current sword other than the weight balance. Feel free to try this out. If it feels right for you, then your custom sword should be perfectly fine as well. If it needs tweaking, come on back and let me know."

Calrex accepted the sword from Sai, grasping it and giving it a test on the feel. His eyes widened slightly in reaction to it.

"Wow...that's impressive! It feels almost exactly the same as the Grand Blade. She managed to determine that just by holding the sword and tossing it around? No wonder she's a great blacksmith."

"This should work perfectly fine. I'll go over to the fields nearby and give it a test and come right back."

"Sure thing. Also don't go stealing that! Or I'll find you...and you won't like it..."

At the same time as the statement, Sai tilted her head downwards slightly, giving a slightly menacing appearance. Calrex felt a bead of sweat build on the side of his head.

"Of course, you have my word."

Calrex equipped the test sword and went out into the streets of the city.

Calrex weaved his way through the streets of the Starting City, making his way back to the gate he had returned through.

"I might as well go up against another one of the Steelback Hogs and see how I do. I'm not aiming for getting any loot this time, just plainly for getting a feel of the sword itself."

He drew the sword, rushing back over to the herd of Steelback Hogs that were nearby the lake like before. He quickly scanned the group, eventually seeing one that was a good distance away from the rest. It appeared to be clear of summoning any others to its aid. Calrex readied the test sword in a stabbing position as he drew his arm back, tensing his muscles, rushing forward.

ID: 8330

Battle Dice: 8

Mob Dice: 2

Calrex thrust forward, the blade's tip piercing the Steelback Hog in the side. The blade didn't cut deep, unlike the past time Calrex fought, but a hit was a hit nonetheless. The Steelback Hog jumped back in surprise at the sudden attack as it turned to face Calrex, who had readied his sword once again. It tried to rush him immediately, but he managed to easily step to the side, the hog flying right past him.

"Alright, that last strike felt on point and the blade itself didn't seems to disrupt the travel of the stab. Next will be a slash then."

Calrex readied his sword, preparing it for a downward slash attack.

HP Counter

Steelback Hog: 6/8

ID: 8331

Battle Dice: 10 (+2 Damage)

Mob Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

Calrex readied himself as the Steelback Hog charged him once again, preparing to sidestep right as his downward slash cleared. It worked almost perfectly. His eyes watched as the sword struck deep down through the hog as it charged, cutting cleanly and clearing as it exited. the digital cut was a long and wide separation.

As he tried to sidestep however, he felt the blade for some reason decide to lag behind, possibly due to the weight distribution. The hog managed to slam half of Calrex's body as it continued its charge, sending him to the side spinning from the momentum passed onto him from the strike. He hit the ground and rolled a couple of time before getting back to his feet. He took a couple of deep breaths to center himself as he readied his sword once again.

"Alright, so it seems the weight might be a little much towards the tip of the blade, but so far the balance seems fine. The width seems nice as well since it made a very clean cut. Might have something to do with the geometry of the edge."

HP Counter

Calrex: 7/9

Steelback Hog: 3/8

ID: 8333

Battle Dice: 2

Mob Dice: 1

As the hog tried to rush Calrex again he tried to sidestep and horizontal slice as he moved. Unfortunately, both the hog and he missed as their strikes flew clear of each other.

"Hm...it looks like the edge itself could use a little bit of lightening in weight. The balance might be fine as it was when I was swinging it around, but when it comes to attack of opportunity like this one I would need it to be slightly lighter in order to exploit those openings."

He quickly righted himself and spun to face the boar. It was already preparing another charge attack once again. He brought his sword arm back as he prepared a running stab attack. He took a deep breath as he prepared to charge as well. After a few seconds, right as the hog charged, he began running forward as well.

ID: 8334

Battle Dice: 7

Mob Dice: 8

Both the hog and Calrex slammed into each other upon contact. Calrex managed to get a light hit on the hog while the hog grazed Calrex's arm with a tusk. Calrex planted a hand on the ground to rotate himself around once again.

"Alright, there should be much left for him...although I should be careful. If it gets a good hit on me I'm in trouble."

HP Counter

Calrex: 6/9

ID: 8337

Battle Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 8

"Alright, one last thing to test. Let's see how the sword handles a flourish strike..."

Calrex stood up from his lowered stance, placing the sword in front of him facing the Steelback Hog as it prepared to charge, one leg clopping the ground as it gained some good grounding. He took a deep breath, keeping a good grip of the sword, and began a Plum Blossom flourish.

Since Calrex was right handed the floruish started by bringing the sword to his left side in a circular path, with the tip first traveling towards his left foot, then to his head as it came back around. The path then came back across and down as the tip traveled by his right foot, then his head again. Lastly the path stayed on the right side as it did another circle before Calrex brought his arm across almost as if he were trying to cut his armpit. This resulted in a continuous rotating circle that appeared to built momentum with each rotation.

The hog charged forward with its tusks at the ready. As it got within a five step pace Calrex took a step forward with his left foot behind his right foot as he rotated his body counterclockwise and away from the hog. Then as he came around he brought the sword high as the strike came down upon the hog's head, bisecting it as he managed to cut the leg Calrex had moved forward. The hog disappeared into multiple flecks of light as Calrex took a deep breath, the battle now over.

"Alright, I think I've got all I need to know. Time to get back to Sai..."

He quickly turned and started making his way back to the gate.

HP Counter

Calrex: 5/9

Steelback Hog: 0/8 (+1 Damage Overkill)