[PP-F2] A Meeting Between Wet Walls

London was walking throughout Urbus, it liked it's feel a bit more than the starting city, still busy as usual in the market. But there were several places he saw where he could hide or slip away if he wanted. I really should pick up that stealth skill eventually...London thought to himself, he would seem to be exceptionally well at it, naturally fading in and out of existence. He looked to the side and saw the huge wave of people flooding in throughout the market, in and out of shops. London groaned as he rubbed his eyes with a hand, it was a bit too much to deal with at the moment. He decided to turn into one of the alley ways, the road of the alley way was cobblestone. It had spurts of allege spurting in between them, some water was trickled from the roof tops and the entire alleyway seemed wet, besides the walls which fortunately had the roofs to overhang them. It had rain earlier, it looked like it may again, the skys overhead were gray and had dark heavy clouds hung low, bloating out the sun. It was a dreary day. His footsteps made audible taps against the stone floor, spouting a bit of water about.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shinex was seen walking out of the teleport gate. So this is Urbus huh? He never left the first floor before. Shinex always wanted to stay in the first floor to train. He may have looked like a noob in front of other people, but he honestly did not care at all. He just ignored the crowds in the market area and walked around. I'd buy a new weapon if not that many people were in line. Shinex kept himself from groaning and continued to walk around. Since he never been here, he wanted to get used to the area. He'd also stop to listen to conversation that could give him useful information.

London continued to walk down the alley way, he's been down it before. It was rather long, if it was wider it might have been considered a street. London stopped for a moment and looked up to see the blotted and gray sky. He sighed and looked downward. The market was on both ends of alleyway, however, the end he was saw in the distance and more towards the plaza. It was inviting and secretive, despite being so easily found, no one really went down this alleyway unless they wanted it. London leaned against the wall. He exhaled and closed his eyes with arms crossed as he turned his head upward.

After figuring out some information about the floor and finding out the locations of the inn, gates, and public places, Shinex lay down on a bench near a market. He noticed an alleyway next to the market. "That seems pretty suspicious" he whispered. He ignored the alleyway and looked at the sky for a bit. He ended up giving himself a lot of thoughts. The public area in the city seems pretty great. I heard that there is some village in this floor that has a quest. The reward is suppose to be a skill I think. People have been talking about minotaurs too. They're probably the mobs on this floor. Shinex sat up and looked at the markets. "Still freaking crowded." He went back to lying down. "At this rate I'm never going to get new equipment. Or at least see what kind of equipment is available." Shinex sighed and just continued to stare at the cloudy sky.  

The crowd kept funneling in and out of the market. It seemed to be almost perpetual. It was the holidays so perhaps that might have been the reason for all of this busyness, it was generally a bit less busy but it was a market after all. The ally way was seeming a bit more inviting. It offered a bit of escape or at least, a bit of space from the growing crowd. It also was a bit curious, and secretive. Even if it was dubious, the crowd was beginning to seem suffocating. It seemed very likely that any equipment that was available was already picked up by now. At least anything that was on display that is.

Shinex got annoyed that the crowd was still at the market. He got up from the bench and entered the ally ignoring people if they asked him to stop. He heard that this alleyway was secretive so he was cautious. He noticed how dark it was so he had to keep a hand on a wall in order to know where he's going. Looks like I can't shop today. Might as well save it for another time. He continued to walk until he saw someone leaning against the wall. He took his hands off the wall and walked forward where the man was. He eventually reached the man, but he didn't stop walking. "Hey" Shinex said. He continued walking down the alleyway. If the man would ask him to stop, he'd be willing to listen.

London opened an eye and looked at the man, tempted to just ignore him and shut his eye again. The man who was passing him was wearing basic cloth clothing and had a scimitar. He was a new player, or at least, a very ill equipped player. London responded. "Hey," his voice had traces of tiredness in it but it was still calm and collected. "How are you?" this wasn't asking the man to generally stop, actually, there was a very good chance the man might just reply with 'Good, you?' and keep on moving, not even listening for the answer. It was however, more of an invitation of conversation. It grew boring being stuck with only his thoughts for immense amounts of time so he decided it might be good to start up at least some small amount of conversation with another player. It certainly wasn't an npc. Npcs rarely brandish weapons in a town unless they are suppose to be knights or mercenaries. That and a common npc would never head down one of these alleyways unless they were a footpad, a petty thief, or a thug. Rarely seen in the cities so far, at least from what London's seen. He's heard things, but he wasn't going to believe everything he heard from passerby-ers. It'd be rather foolish.

Shinex looked back at the man who spoke to him. "Feeling good enough. How about you?" Shinex responded. He got a better look at the man due to him being closer. He noticed the sheathed weapon. Probably a rapier. The man's clothing was looked transparent to the alleyway's wall. â€‹Definitely has dark clothing. This guy is probably a higher level than me. While Shinex waited for a response, he suddenly remembered that he started the conversation by saying 'Hi.' He thought he said it in his mind but accidentally said it out loud. He got angry with himself because of him trying to limit his friendships. Got damn it! What if we become friends now and one of us dies!? God damn it Shinex get your head together! Either way, he was pretty interested on the gear the man had. Shinex figured that he got the gear from the market, but he also knows that there are other ways. Shinex just wants to know where he could get some good quality gear.

London opened both eyes and looked the man straight in the eyes now, and stood straight again. "I've been fine. Just thinking as of late." He responded. He saw how the man eyed his equipment. It was rather obvious interest. "You've only got the basic scimitar and cloth clothing. Are you a new player?" He didn't really care much for meeting an array of people, keeping generally to his friends but at the moment. He had close to no friends, just acquaintances he was on good terms with. He wondered if this man would be the same. He could see a waver in his face for a moment. He was combating some thoughts in his head, he was sure of it. London took a step forward to come into better lighting, despite it, he seemed to naturally fit in with the shadows that surrounded him. His general presence seem to be foreboding and somewhat soothing at the same time. A strange air seemed to hang about him.

The man stepped out of the shadow into the light. Shinex had a better view of him. Figured that he'd blend in. "Not really that new of a player. I'm level 4 at the moment. I've been wandering around lately. I've only done one quest and that was on the first floor. The quest gave me a blade that I won't even use. Thinking of selling it." Shinex stared at the man's equipment. "I was wondering, you don't have to answer though. Where do you get your equipment? The first floor doesn't have anything that amazing. That's why I came into this floor for the first time." He looked into the man's eyes. "I've already been in plenty near death experiences. I just want to shorten it."

London chuckled slightly at Shinex's small joke, he folded his arms over his stomach rather than his chest, looking more open. "To be honest, I'm not entirely sure where you can get armor like this regularly. It was given to me by an event 'npc', posing as Santa clause." London thought for a moment, Level four...I'm only level six right now so he's not that far behind me. "It's better than the default saber they give you, unless it's not a saber." London looked back and forth as if he was checking if anyone else was listening, he knew no one was and had no reason to do this, more of less curiosity rather than caution. He softened his voice "From npc vendors, the best you'll get is an uncommon item at best." he cleared his voice, speaking more clearly and at a normal volume. "You'd have better luck farming mobs for a better sword. He looked at the man, he wanted to know something. And London was beginning to think it was not in harmless curiosity.

When the man answered, Shinex had to think for a moment. He heard a lot of the mobs were minotaur type but he wanted to know if there were any other monsters. "Hey, thanks for the information. Do you by any chance know what kind of monsters are near the town. I've been hearing a lot of talk about minotaurs." The chances of the minotaurs being a tough opponent for Shinex could be high or low. He wanted to make sure his foe would have a huge advantage over him. Then again, he still has basic equipment. His scimitar may break if he uses it too much. His cloth clothing will barely do anything when it comes to protecting him. Shinex probably isn't in a good position to fight minotaurs even if they are the weakest on the floor. Well, it'd be better to fight with someone else.

"Minotuars....I've heard about the twin ones in the walking mist of the forest but all I've encountered were some wolves." London explained, he raised an eyebrow. "You're not going to try and fight one of them with what you got currently, are you? You'd be killed faster than you could even dent one of them." he questioned, Does this guy even knows what he was doing with a sword. Regardless, Hes underestimating his opponets and their abilities or overestimating his own...

Shinex put his right hand on his head and starts to scratch it. "It's true that I'm planning on fighting one. It's false that I'm gonna fight them with my current equipment." Shinex took a long sigh. "I came here to buy some new equipment. Well, at least a new sword. I planned to watch them in a group to see how they react to things." He figured that the man would ask him that. Fighting minotaurs weren't the main reason Shinex came here either way. He knows that he'll struggle on his own. However, Shinex still has the loner mentality. 

"Interesting, observing the creatures. Well since they are AI they will probably a set path by the system, unless they are radiant. And if they did their research and based the Minotaurs off of actual Greek mythology then, they will stick to their maze and occasionally wander about. In any other game I've seen they wield battle axes, which means their hits will have a lot of 'Oomph' behind them naturally, not taking into consideration their strength." London explained, he continued "From what I've gathered, they do around 4 damage per hit and have around 23 health. A new sword will only get you so far, considering you are level 4...."He thought for a moment "11 health, 3 hits and you are dead with what you've got. They don't come out until you seem to take something. You'll be in an area where you can be get lost. Observation will generally be useless, that is, if you make it out that far." London finished, he felt off about telling this man all this information, he had no reason to trust him. But London reluctantly did so so that the man didn't go off on a suicide mission.

Shinex was surprised by the amount of knowledge this man had. The people he normally listen to don't talk about things like health and damage amounts. Then again, Shinex never asked people about it. "Oh thanks a lot for the info. I didn't think they'd be that strong. Well, since the market here isn't really gonna get me anything I'll probably head back to the first floor soon. I'll probably get a player that's a blacksmith to craft me something." Shinex is ready to walk off. First, he wants to know if the man will say anything else. That is why he hasn't said goodbye.

"Alright. I can show you some of the monsters on this floor if you want, no reason not to hone your skills or something like that. You'll need col or materials to give as payment to a player blacksmith if you want a better weapon." London explained and offered. He was curious to see this man's skill with a sword, if he had any that is. He could always use the time to get more materials, col, or just experience. He needed the materials so he could go get himself a coat.

"Alright that's fine with me. I have 1 material so that should handle the sword." Shinex thought about it for a moment. "I'm not gonna get anything with my Col unless the monsters drop a lot, but I doubt it." Shinex was glad that he was gonna get shown around. He was hoping of leveling up soon to unlock a skill he wanted. He didn't care about uncommon items. He just needed something he could work with at the moment. He just hopes that he doesn't mess up when it comes to fighting the monsters.

London nodded. "Alright, follow me. And 1 material should get you a good item but those are the equivalent to vanity items, they are no better than what you have right now." London began to walk out of the alleyway and around a few corner into the busy market. He looked over his shoulder to make sure Shinex was still following. He was unsure at this man's ability and was curious, I wonder if he's going to go down the Katana weapon path, most people do when they invest in the curved sword path. They were approached the Urbus's gates rather quickly.

Shinex nodded and followed. He didn't seem to care if he got a new sword which is as good as his current one. His current one might break soon. Plus, he still has to sell the Anneal Blade from his first completed quest. Shinex heard about a Katana weapon path. He wants to get the skill, but he'd need to upgrade his curved sword skill. Shinex also had other skills he'd need to get. Hopefully fighting the mobs on the floor will help him out.