[PP-F2] A Meeting Between Wet Walls

They finally stepped out of Urbus's massive wide gates. When closed, Urbus would feel like a fortress. They began their descent on the rocky stairs towards the forest, from where they were it semed to expand for forever, its jade tops swaying in the breeze ontop of oaken pillars. The grass surrounding the land seemed a lush green. "Do you prefer the scimitar or the saber?" London inquired, attempting to make idel conversation. The sky was still grey, it was possible it was going to storm while they were out.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the question was asked, Shinex had to think about it. "Guess I'd still go with a scimitar. Never used a saber. I wouldn't be surprised if I'd still go with the scimitar though." Shinex never really liked to stab things when it comes to fighting. To him, the saber would focus on stabbing. Shinex doesn't want that. He likes to think that slashing could help him make more combo attacks. Sky is still gray, huh? Probably won't pay attention to it much with all these trees blocking it. Even though Shinex had his scimitar sheathed, he's still ready to grab it.

They got to the bottom of the rocky stair case, a pebble or two being kicked down the steps. They headed onto the dirt road that lead into the forest. London looked up, frowning slightly at the sky The rain could complicate things...If may make the ground muddy, if so that could be troublesome. If it gets through the surface of the trees that is. He continued to walk woth Shinex close behind. He didn't say much and his footsteps were close to nonexistant.

After reaching the forest, Shinex unsheathed his scimitar. Lets hope I won't die on the second floor. Shinex may not have looked like it, but he was being cautious. He knew that any moment he and London were in the forest, bad things could happen. Even though London is a higher level than him, Shinex doesn't want to be the cause of someone's death. It's not because he wants to be London's friend. Shinex just doesn't want to rub off some bad luck. He tends to think that he'll get other people in danger when they are with him. I'm thinking too much. It's just a few fights with the easier mobs. Nothing else. Shinex tried his best to keep himself from looking like he his thinking.

London didn't look back at Shinex, he had his own things to dwell and overthink on. Alright...if it does rain then we should start heading back, it would start pelting. Ideally we should only run into wolves, deer, or maybe a bandit or two. If this guy does know what he's doing, we shouldn't have much of a problem. If he doesn't I'll have to end up doing some tanking. That, or I'll have to parry blows coming towards him and block my own, it could get ugly....They became closer to the forest, near it's beginning. A few leaves and branches littered the dirt road, the leaves occasionally flying to side a bit from the wind. This may not end as well as I hope. If anything, I can buy this player some time to be able to escape while I deal with the two v one. My rapier's bleed effect and the armor's life steal should be able to keep me alive long enough for him to escape if [censored] hits the fan...

Shinex started listening closely for footsteps. He started thinking that he shouldn't worry about London a lot. Probably he should worry about himself. His equipment has no effects except for his Anneal Blade. If he has to he will switch to the weapon only if the danger is greater than he and London could have imagined. "Which mob in this forest would you prefer fighting?" Shinex asked. It gets boring walking around. Shinex travels on his own making this the first time somebody accompanied him.

London thought about the question for a moment. "Personally, I prefer any mob that can hold a blade. I'm a duelist and well, Single target killing is what I do best. Plus, fighting wolves gets rather boring at times. But for us, I'd say maybe a small wolf pack would work...if you're up for something like that. I don't know where any bandit camps are and it would be rather stupid to just go in and try to take on 5 of them at once, wouldn't you agree?" He answered as he stepped into the forest, beginning to walk through it. "What would you like to fight?" London asked.

"I want fight something a little weaker than me. It might keep me from getting carried away if I know its weak." The best monsters I've fought are Little Nepents. Should I go for something harder? "If the wolves here are stronger than the ones on the first floor, I'm okay with fighting them. I don't want to jump to mobs that could hold a blade just yet." Shinex is trying to take it slow. He only has the basic equipment and the Anneal Blade which he doesn't even use. Shinex's enhancement for the blade is +1 Damage. For once I'm excited to fight something.

London responded "I'm glad you're being cautious...." Its good he's taking certain things into consideration...or at least I think he is. I need to make sure he doesn't get cocky or think of his skills to highly when he's not there yet. It'll get him killed. I'm here and I'm no master fencer or anything of the sort but I can at least hold my own against anything in this forest....at least anything I've seen so far. London began to trek a bit more to the right, going deeper in the forest. Wolves should be over here. I'll try and see if I can find one or two, I need to assess his combat abilities first...and make sure he can hold the blade right. Hopefully he just doesn't go in there slashing wildly...that'd leave him way to open. "We should start to run into wolves if we keep heading this way..." London muttered, thinking aloud.

"Good to know." Shinex said as he tightly gripped onto the hilt of his sword. Getting ready for showtime. Lets hope I have good luck along with my skills. Shinex continued to listen for noises. Listening for the howls or barks of wolves. Better keep my self from underestimating the wolves and overestimating myself. The two of them were getting much closer to the wolves. Shinex doesn't mind fighting two at once. He's never fought 3 mobs at the same time though. Shinex may be nervous, but he has enough confidence to overcome it.

London looked around and hear a snap of a branch and stopped holding his hand out to his left to signify Shinex to stop. His eyes shot back and forth as he surveyed the woods. The wolves are really close...if there is more than 3 I'll tell this guy to stay behind me or get out, I won't let him put himself into danger that he won't be able to overcome. Even with masterful skill. That's something I hate about mmorpgs...they favor numbers and equipment rather then personal skill. After London said that 2 wolves came out from the trees. Barking and snarling. They had lush walnut brown coats and burning yellow eyes. They began snapping at the air shortly as they emerged. London drew his rapier and held it towards one. "You get the other one, if any more come I have them, focus on staying alive and dealing damage." London ordered. His brain switched to it's tactical sense, shutting off any kindness or friendliness in his voice. There was a silence from him. Suddenly, there was a loud crash in the air, thunder. Lighting lit the sky as it began to softly rain. As soon as the booming sound roared, the wolves pounced. London instinctively jumped to the side and attempted to slash at the beast as he did so but he missed. He wasn't hurt and he looked at the second wolf about to lunge at Shinex, then back at his own wolf. It landed across from where he was originally standing, sending up leaves and snapping branches. It growled and barked as it prepared for it's next attack.

ID:6132

DB:2

MD:2

Miss on both sides, no damage given or taken.

London: 17/17 HP

Shinex:  10/10 HP

Wolf 1: 10/10 HP

Wolf 2: 10/10 HP

The second wolf snarls, barks, and snaps at Shinex like mad. It charges at Shinex, kicking leaves and branches up as it charges. The wolf lunges at Shinex, snapping at the air. The creature missed it's mark and landed on the ground, sending even more leaves into the sky. It was beginning to drizzle, primarily being a blocked by the great tree tops. However, some of the rain drops broke through and small patches begin to leak through, making small showers in the forest. It snarled and bark as the wolf crouched again, ready to lunge and try to rip at Shinex again.

ID:6133

MD:2

MISS

Shinex: 10/10 HP

Wolf 2: 10/10 HP

ID: 6136

BD: 10

Shinex watched the second wolf as it crouches down. Before the wolf had a chance to move, Shinex dashed it with his scimitar ready. He uppercutted slashed the wolf then sliced diagonally. The wolf stumbled back surprised by the attack. Shinex took a step back and gripped the sword hilt tightly. Shinex held his scimitar with one hand. He would use the other hand to punch the wolf if necessary. At the moment, Shinex waited for the next move, only paying attention to the wolf in front of him. Lets hope the other guy is doing alright.

Wolf 2: 7/10 HP

London checked watched Shinex for a moment, and saw how he did an uppercutting slash towards the wolf. Good strike...He might actually know what he's doing. He looked back to his wolf that was charging, it snarled as it did and jumped. London dodged easily again but didn't attempt and attack. It wouldn't be good to do so, if he slipped that could easily prove fatal. So, London decided to shuffle back a bit and go on guard again, collecting himself and preparing for the wolf's next attack.

ID: 6137

BD:2

MD:3

The second wolf yelped in pain from the attack. It jumped forward and clawed at Shinex, in blind rage. It snapped and barked as it did this, almost as an intimidation and warning rather than an actual attack. The wolf showed it's teeth as it snapped at the air near Shinex. It missed it's attack and rushed back and spun around to face Shinex again, growling and then barking at him. It was obvious the wolf was not happy by it's failed attempt and it's new gash in it's hide. It clawed the dirt as it waited for Shinex.

ID:6138

MD: 2

Shinex: 10/10

ID: 6139

BD: 3

Shinex stood still and watched the wolf bark and snarl at him. Well this one is obviously p*ssed. Shinex dashed once again and slashed down on the wolf. The wolf read the attack and slid to its right. Shinex quickly jumped back and got ready to defend. "Come at me!" he taunted the wolf. Probably shouldn't have said that. The wolf was offended by this and got even angrier. Hopefully it will be reckless on its next attack.

Shinex: 10/10

As predicted, the wolf charged again. It sent leaves and branches up once more. London saw this and side stepped out of the way, lunging and stabbing the wolf, piercing it's hide. It yelped in pain as is unsheathed itself of from the blade immediately clawing at London. It unfortunately landed a strike on his arm before he could shuffle back and get into guard again. Dealing only minor damage. London jumped back and got on guard and heard his ally's taunt. Bating the wolf...Probably not his best move... He waited for the wolf to strike again, stealing a glance at Shinex every now and then to make sure he's not in too much trouble. It began to rain harder.

• Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Dmg given = 5 (1 base + 2 OHR2 + 2 Dmg from Le Rapier de La Nocturne)

Dmg Received = 1 (1 - 2 dmg mit, minimal damage of 1)

London: 14/15 HP

Wolf 1: 5/10 HP

The wolf barked madly at Shinex's taunts. It clawed at the dirt and charged. Sending yet more leaves and branches into the air. Because of it's anger, it was clawing at the dirt more so. It launched dirt into the air as it rain at remarkable speeds. It leaped, thunder crashing, it bit deep into Shinex's arm and refused to let go, it tugged like it was trying to rip the arm off, which it very well may have been trying to do. It gnawed and decided to let go before it would be slashed by a scimitar again. Red particles leaking from the red, gridded hole marks made into Shinex's arm. The wolf barked at Shinex, almost daring him to attack.

ID:6140

MD:9

Dmg Given = 2 (1 Base + 1 Critical)

Shinex: 8/10 HP

Shinex ignored the wounds he got. That was all my fault. Next time I'll keep my mouth shut. Shinex watched the wolf closely. He now held his scimitar with both hands. Shinex charged in and tried to diagonally slice the wolf's head. The wolf stepped back and looked like it was about to charge. It stopped when Shinex quickly got to a defensive position. At the moment the wolf stayed quiet. Probably gonna try surprise me with a critical or something. Shinex gripped his scimitar tightly with both hands. Alright, lets hope I could repel the next attack.

ID: 6141

BD: 2

• 3 weeks later...

London watched the wolf that was snapping at him. Digital saliva flying everywhere from the wolve's weakened state. It was still healthy, however, London's stirkes did not have to hit often to hit hard. Although being a duellist, hitting often would be nice. Thunder crashed in the sky once more, the rain breaking through the leaf ceiling and making a downpour. The wolf jumped towards London and slashed at his chest and then bit his left arm. London yelled and hit the wolf with the pommel of his rapier, knocking it lose. He kicked the dog yelling "Die filth!" His general collectedness and calm aura evaporated, his dueling elequence along with it. He walked, chest puffed from the adrenaline and looked someone like a bersker with his rage filled eyes, he had enough and plunged the blade through the skull of the wolf, whom was just about to get up, being forced to ground. He ripped the blade away from the wolf as it shattered, blue poloygons flying everywhere. The armor glowed once more and so did the blade as it leeched the final life forces from the wolf and spread throughout his body to heal the wounds. He looked over towards Shinex and began headed over towards him to help him out with the last wolf. The rain was getting heavier and things could end badly if the wolf calls for help. This is no time for personal pride, London thought.

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Damage given = 7 (1 base + 2 OHR2 + 2 Le Rapier de la Nocturne + 2 critical

Damage recieved = 1 (base + 2 ciritcal - 2 dmg mit)

Health Absorbed = 2 (natural 10)

London: 15/15 HP

Wolf 2: DEAD