[PP-F3] Clowning Around (Kiru, Keith, Asen)

Guest Keith

New update on Maverick activity. Keith scrolled through some menus as he looked through his folder he made for Maverick business. He pursed his lips as he opened the file of one Maverick, one that had been resisting capture for a long time. Keith blinked, closing the menu and then typing up a private message to Kiru. "Kiru, word of a Maverick on Floor 3 has come around. And this is one of the only times he's appeared. We need to do something now or he may vanish again. Meet me at the inn at the main town. Or just set your tracking skill to find me. Either one." Keith sent the PM to her and then sat back in the booth he was seated at. He sipped some water from the glass he had and he waited. Mavericks were dangerous business, and Kiru was really the only person Keith trusted to come with him to fight them. Seeing as how Mavericks kill people daily, it was good to have back-up when taking one down.

I stomped around through the prairies endless amount of wheat, or whatever "plant" was growing there. It crunched under my boot every time I brought it down. About a few minutes later though the plant had grown back, leaving my frustrated with the regeneration abilities of this annoying things. Just as I was about to leave, a message screen popped up in front of my eyes. It nearly made me fall, I was not expecting a message while mid day. Turns out it from Keith. He is convenient isn't he? What does he want now? I thought and huffed as I clicked the 'read' button. Surprisingly it was my first job, and our second adventure together. Apparently a Maverick was on this floor right now. Ironically we were on the same floor. I had no idea where Keith was because I was horrible with directions so I just used the friend tracker.

I followed the arrows pointing me away from the forest and to the town. Through the center where annoying people roamed around in my way and around to the shop he was asking me to come to. It was actually an Inn but I couldn't tell, all the buildings looked the same to me. Right when I walked in I recognized the flash of blue hair sitting with water. I walked over to him and sat down no facial expression. I was still wearing the blue scarf from him, now matching my half white, half black, hair. Oi, what's this about an assignment? 

Off in the fields kicking back and relaxing upon a tree while the monsters snarls at him from below. Asen was looking up at the skies watching the clouds slowly drift across the horizon with his trained and focused eye. His coat hanging on the other branch beside him revealing his light brown tunic as his curved sword sheathed in its scabbard rests on his torso. His cursor hidden as he's using his <<Hiding>> skill which he finds to be an expert on to avoid unwanted attention. Or rather try to anyways. His throat a little dry as he swiped the menu open and takes out one water and drinks it to quench his thirst.

Asen didn't feel like dealing with the guards constantly harassing him today so he pretty much avoid safe zones for today. Besides he had enough supplies to last him for a few days maybe even a week if he conserves it well enough. So its not like he needs to make a trip to a safe zone not far from here, plus he has no business in those type of places. In a way he missed having a bed and feeling safe for a change, but all of that changed to where he can't enjoy such luxuries. He let's out a quiet sigh as he figures it's the price he has to pay for taking out various dark guilds.

Keith slid open a menu with one finger and sent a profile to Kiru, the Maverick they were after. "Chuckles the Clown. But believe me, this guy isn't funny at all. He lures away children and then kills them outside a safe zone. Because of him, 17 different kids have been killed in the last month. He's mentally unhinged, and he's extremely dangerous. He's one of Vile's higher-ups, so taking him out will be a big step in taking out the Maverick Menace all together." Keith said, finishing his water. Mostly, he was a pretty optimistic, perky guy. But he usually got serious when talking about Mavericks. This one especially. He murdered children who were no older than 10 most of the time.

"He's a complete eccentric, so he's highly unpredictable. His mood swings with the easiest of provoking, and he can fly into fits of uncontrollable rage, glee, depression, you name it. He's dangerous with a capital D." Keith said, easing in his seat. He had the chance to go after this guy before, but even he alone thought he couldn't handle it. Since he had Kiru, however, he believed the two of them were more than enough to take him down.

I opened my menu to quickly skim through the profile of a supposedly dangerous man. He seemed to be a little like me in a way, the name quite possibly was the comparison. I couldn't help but to burst out laughing when Keith got into the seriousness of the situation. It was definitely the name that set my childish brain on fire. Chuckles!? What kind of name do people give themselves these days? I mean, the direct translation of my name suits me but this guy's must be funny, or that would be a letdown. Of course a few screws would be loose if you named yourself something like that. Also, he sounds like a clown so it would make sense for him to lure children out like that. I highly doubt that this guy is dangerous, he seems kinda funny. I finished, feeling satisfied that I got to let that all out. Keith probably should have just not told me his name, then I might have taken this a little more seriously. 

By the time I was done with me joke I had already gotten an idea that I could use to lure him to outside the safezones. I sat forward in my chair as my eyes brightened with excitement. Well, I should probably first make contact with him and persuade him to come to the tree to help me kill a boar or something, that I'm weak. He surely couldn't resist such a weak person could he? I said, planning out what I would say and where Keith would hide for an ambush, probably above him. It would take all of my patience but I was sure we could avoid any rage for at least ten minutes maybe. 

Asen remains on the tree as he takes out a pick that actually looks like a stinger of something like a scorpion and casually twirls it around his fingers. Asen was pretty much almost driven to boredom as he has been hunted once again by his pursuers and thus forced him to avoid attention to himself. Which also means not going into towns and picking on other players. Sometimes he reveals his presence which his cursor is forever orange so naturally most players that's still green would become uneasy around him. Even more once they find out his nickname. "In a way I do kind of wished I didn't went on a killing spree. Would've knocked down the popularity a good bit anyway." However he sometimes uses his nickname to discourage players from getting the bright idea of hunting him down. Sometimes it works and they would run away, but often they would be too arrogant to listen and thus he had to prove his point. Sure he's been not killing players of any sorts recently, and not to mention he doesn't even attack players or retaliate.

Keith finished his water and stood up, adjusting his vest and/or jacket thingy he always wore and then he looked at Kiru. After hearing her plan, he instantly spoke out. "Out of the question." He then stood there for a bit, realizing he had just said that right away, as if automatic. He cleared his throat and straightened up. "I mean, I just don't want to run the risk of you getting hurt. Besides, we're partners in this business. I wouldn't have you doing anything I wouldn't do myself." He looked at the floor and rubbed his neck, tilting his head a little to the side. "...What I mean is, we don't know where he's at. And like most Mavericks, we can't track him, and he has his PMs set to 'Ignore'. We only know what floor he's on, like on everyone's profile." 

This is why the name Maverick Hunter was created instead of Maverick Buster. Buster suggests that all knowledge was gathered, and they just simply had to go in and stop them. Maverick Hunter means that it takes some searching, and then stopping them. "But, I'm sure we'll find plenty of monsters along the way to make it worth the search. Besides, I'm sure you could go for some materials. I hear those are selling through the roof nowadays." Keith said, whistling a small little jingle. Ruby poked his head out from behind the booth and bounded over, using the seat like a trampoline and jumping onto Keith's shoulder.

My plan was put to a stop the moment I had mentioned it. Keith didn't approve of such a plan. Quit the crap about being the hero, I'm not going to get hurt. And also, we have done this sort of thing before. Remember the night in the woods when you were hiding and I was talking to the two trying to kill you? If you have a better plan then tell me instead of declining it. I said, thinking if how exactly we were going to find him. If he was a PK he would have a yellow stone. If he was hiding it then his actions would differ.  I see, that means we just have to find him. I'm not interested in getting materials so you can look for him in the wooded area while I search around the fields and town. Splitting up will cover more ground. If I see him, or what I think is him I'll PM you. I said, reaching my hand to pet the strange cat thing on Keith's shoulder. Personally I was a dog person but once in awhile cats were okay. If I were to ever get a familiar then a dog like one would be best.

Asen's coat began to sway a little as the wind begins to blow against the tree amongst the open fields. He wasn't trying to fall asleep, but the wind had successfully coaxed him to sleep as he drifts into a slumber. Even though some of the creatures, mainly wolves and such, were snarling at him they kept their distance away from him. It just seemed so peaceful around here without having to worry about any players getting the bright idea on hunting him down or having to worry about the creatures getting ten feet in the air to reach him. It felt nice out here to him, and he was taking his time enjoying it while it lasted.

Keith sighed and rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. "That was different. But... Okay. The second you think you see him PM me right away. We can't take any chances with someone unpredictable." Keith said, sending her a quick party request so they could monitor each other's stats. "Remember, it's not just Chuckles we're out for. Any Maverick needs to be reported to me at any given time." Keith said, Ruby nodding to Kiru as he turned around. "Alright, we'll meet back up later. Seeya soon!" He said, raising one foot and then dashing off, running into the wooded area.

The petting ceased as I leaned back and propped my elbows onto the island of the bar. I smirked when he went along with my second plan, to split up. I wanted to be alone when I was working and not with another person. It was especially because Keith would be beside me the entire time if we went together. It would be beneficial for him to be with me but it would also create arguments such as how to handle things. I waved slightly when he left and let out a larger exhale when I stood up. I'll PM you when I see one but I won't wait for you to come for me to get into combat with them. I thought and left the Inn.

While Keith was running through the woods, I would be in the open area. It required me to be less open about what I was doing but it wasn't like I was an open book about anything. Keith didn't know me real name, he didn't even know my age or any of my hobbies. All he knew was my past, equally as dangerous to know. After about ten minutes of wandering I decided to take a break for a couple minutes and figure out how I was actually going to find a Maverick. It would be sad if Keith found one before me. I leaned against a tree and looked upwards in the branches, the leaves blocked out any sunlight. If there was someone up there I wouldn't be able to see them, plus I couldn't sense them. I didn't let my guard down though, I was still at high alert. I looked down at my black boots and crossed my arms. Actions could be hidden, so there's almost no way to tell other than a cursor....maybe the equipment? 

"Man, it gets way too cramped up in here." Asen mumbled as he opens his eyes and stretches his arms and legs trying to wake his body up at least. However he was a bit unaware that someone was beneath him as he grabs his sword that's still sheathed in it's scabbard and his coat in his free hand that still holds one of the picks. Then he jumps down to the ground and once again fully stretches his body. "I wonder if those idiots are still looking for me, wouldn't be surprised if they're planning on trying to ambush me." He mumbled to himself as he slips his coat on and slips the sword into the belt of his left hip. What he isn't aware of is that there was somebody leaning up against the tree that he just jumped from.

My eyes opened in a flash when I heard a crash right in front of me. I stopped leaning on the tree and whipped out a dagger from behind my back. Hey! What;s your deal? Are you trying to die? If so then please keep being an idiot! Who the heck do you think you are, jumping down in front of me? You must have a death wish or something! I said with an extremely agitated voice. Then I glanced upward, he was a PK. I didn't even take notice of it before because I was used to being around yellow players. But this time it was different. I glared at him with icy eyes and pointed the dagger tip at his cursor. I raised an eyebrow as if I were to ask him the reason of his color. For now I would hold off on PMing Keith.

He simply looked over his shoulders to see that a girl was behind him rather rudely shouting at him. Then he plugged one of his ears with his hand to block out half of the noise since she was so loud at such close of a distance. "Can you be any louder? If I wanted a death wish I think I would've jumped on someone's sword a long time ago." Not that he had any plans on doing so, but yeah that's what he could've done if he really wanted to end his life. "Anyways, you can drop the whole icy glare look. You're not my target anyways, least not that I know of." He was rather casual and calm about this whole thing, not once did he snapped or even raised his voice in anger or any type of negativity in his tone.

In fact I could be louder but I would rather not have someone else here to tell me not to. Also, if you wanted to be an idiot and jump off the edge of Aincrad then be my guest. I retorted back at the player. He was different from the other short tempered PKs I had met. Keith wasn't self centered and he was just a ball of joy while Zelrius was an arrogant boy with the need to always compete and win. Daeron had class but he was quick to be angered. In a way this guy was different, he wasn't at all fazed by my outburst. I sighed and put my dagger back in it's pouch hidden behind my two-toned hair. 

I folded my arms but kept my glare, that was just something I did. Oh? And whom might this target be? I said, remembering to PM Keith. I opened my menu and sent him a message. Found a PK, he hasn't made any hostile moves but he is quite annoying. You can continue your search, I'll handle him if I can manage.

He shrugged his shoulders as he slips the pick that was hidden in his sleeve into the strap on his right thigh which contains four other picks that looks like stinger of some kind of bug. More like a scorpion if anything else. He still had the casual look about him though his eyes were on alert. Seeing that she sent a message to someone, his eyes were a bit locked onto it until she sent it and he finally blinked after he just had a mental debate on whether or not he should try to call as less attention as possible. "It's not really who, but whether what i'm after. I'm just making my own merry way up the carrol and trying to keep idiots from getting the bright idea of hunting me down. PKers especially." To be honest he's rather tired of being constantly on the run as he has eliminated several dark guilds mostly single handedly. It's a good thing that he hasn't told her his name or else things could get very out of control very quickly.

Bingo. He has his guard up and he's hiding things. I thought and uncrossed my arms, stepping forward. Okay, let me rephrase that. Who and what are you after? It would be a shame if you were after me or someone I knew. Could you please be a gentleman and give your name and who you're after? It would be greatly appreciated. Oh and by the way, the message I just sent was not about you so you have nothing to fear. If PKers are after you then I am here to assist. I just need to know the two necessary details of who you are and whom your hunting. I said in a pleasant voice with a smile. It was a poisonous smile but it was the only one I could muster. I was no actor but at a time like this I was more than capable of pretending to be sweet. Lying was just something I did regular so it wasn't that big of a deal for me to lie to his face while in the midst of "being cheerful and helping a player in need." Keith wouldn't approve of this but I didn't feel like waiting for him to arrive.

His left eye slightly twitched but eventually he let out a sigh. "I'm hunting a certain dark guild that's been eluding me for quite some time now. Sabre's Cat, if you call them your friends then you have a rather... unique choice of friends to say the least. In any case I doubt you have any connection with them or else you would've attacked me on sight since my face is known to them now. As for my name.... It's probably best that you don't know it for both your sake and anyone else that you're associated with." With that being said he swipes open his menu and scans through it right quick to open a message that he had just received. After reading it, there was a slight hint of a smile on his face and he dismisses it. "Speaking of the devil, i'm rather in a hurry now."

I never heard of them. It's true that I would have killed you by now but everyone has a secret. Don't let your guard down for anyone. I said, not even sure if I was acting at this point. I kept a laugh inside me when he said he didn't want to cause me trouble by knowing his name. I already had players hunting me down because supposedly they saw me with Keith the other day. Just by knowing Keith's name and being around him was just asking for someone to kill you. But it didn't matter, they were just weak idiots that couldn't ever compete with Keith and I. No matter how many people came after us I would fend them off, Keith was one of the only people I fully trusted. I doubt it would matter if more players came to kill me, it's not like they could do any damage to me anyways. If I knew your name and was in this so called "danger" then I wouldn't blame you, I wouldn't even care. Just as I said this he opened up a message. Being curious, I tired my best to read it but I couldn't make out any of the words. My eyes darted around me, I didn't know what to do now. Was I supposed to follow him or just wait for Keith. Then I shall accompany a lower level on his expedition. I blurted out, but in a calm enough voice for it to be normal.

"If that's what you're wanting to do then go ahead, just don't come blaming me when you have to fend off over a hundred players like one time." He warns as he turns on his heel and begins to walk towards the north where the sun is on to their left now meaning that it's close to evening now. Though he was a bit against on anyone following him, he can't exactly force someone to not come especially when one seems to be able to handle herself.