[PP - F1] - Showing the Ropes (Malakath Grimm, black-white human, Ariel)

Sousuke had returned from his absence from the other players after training in the mountains around a week ago. His first priorities where to make contact with his old teammate and friends alike to re establish his connections to the game. Now however he was aiming to get back into the groove of helping out the players that were stuck down on the first floor. He took a spot on one of the rooftops over looking the main square assessing the crown of players that wandered past. He saw a few players he recognized from the upper floors but decided to keep his presence hidden for the time being. He didn't want to get distracted from getting back into the swing of things. He noticed a particular player wandering aimlessly around and judging by the way the way they moved this play was inexperienced on how the game works. He dropped from the roof and made his way through the crowd to greet the player. ''Hey you there you doin alright?'' he called to the bewildered player.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was likely that this man thought he was a noob by the way he was running around from place to place, however he hadn't actually been lost or stuck, he was simply in awe of how everything was, how it felt and how he could feel what virtual environment textures were like, he was loving it! And he was then approached by a player and they spoke! And he could hear it like it was in his ear!

Nevertheless he saw this guys gear. Nice and obviously better than the start of the game.

After taking a deep breath he started to speak "Umm, I could do with getting some gear and levelling some more quickly, I wanna get good. Fast if possible" He looked this guy up and down before reading his name above the head read "Sosuke"

As he approached the player he could see that the player had a look on his face that resembled something more like being awe struck so he came to the conclusion this guy hadn't got used to way the game feels and acts. Sure they were in a game and the sensations were very similar to him when he first entered the game as they were to this guy. He too had been awe struck at the fact they were in a game yet it felt so real but after a while it wears off and the harsh reality sinks in giving this game a darker purpose than playing around. It was a prison they had to escape and everyone needed as much help as they could get old and new players alike. When you boy spoke he asked about food and equipment and such and so Sousuke had an idea. ''Tell you what lets grab something to eat first and we can get to know each other a bit better then I will see what I can do to help you out sound good?'' he asked

He grinned at Sosuke, listening what he had to say and then he nodded with a grin, his long hair trailing down his back which he hadn't had the sensation of before. He found it difficult to read what this man's game was however he was being nice to a noob like Malakath, and Malakath was grateful for this.

"I think we got given food as starting items along with a weapon did we not? But you lead, I follow sir. And I will thank you in advance for doing this if we do actually go out and hunt and things ... Ooh I wonder what the XP scaling is like in this game, I wonder if legendary loot makes you more powerful than a seasoned player ..." He caught himself, he was regressing into his old nerdy self and slapped himself in the face hard. feeling a warmth that something hit but no pain. A small immovable object sign appeared. Seemingly mocking him for trying to do this. He then realised that maybe it was put in place to stop the gratuitous amount of suicides that took place in Aincrad due to the fact of inevitability.

Malakath blinked out of his daydream "Sorry about that, did you have somewhere in mind we could go? Preferable somewhere with cute girls?"

Sousuke laughed at the boys reaction, he was unlike many of the newer players here he was more cheerful and easily trusting. Part of Sousuke found this attitude to be rather refreshing although it also deeply worried him after all if he was willing to trust just like that this kind of thing could get the boy into a lot of trouble ... or worse. He decided to lead the way to a small NPC cosplay café down the road where the NPC's were dressed up as various anime characters and maids and such. ''This should do nicely ill pay for the meals of course and just a word to the wise my friends always be wary of who you leave he safe areas with they could be leading you into a trap, however I cannot stress to you enough that my only intention is to help you get on your feet here in the game. I have helped many before you and all have progressed very nicely onto higher floors.'' he said as they stepped inside the store.

Bowing when they enter a girl dressed in a witch outfit speaks to them. "We have a free seat in the back corner and I'm sorry for the inconvenience but we have a few other people to see too so please wait patiently for me to take your orders." The first thing to notice if Sosuke figures out who it is, is how they are speaking differently than usual as if she is a different person. The second thing to notice is that her hair does not have a braid in it like she usually does. She stops bowing and takes out a notepad before asking them another question. "Before I lead you to your seats may I have your names sir's?" She asks while she grabs a pen from the table behind her.

Something about the girl that greeted them confused Sousuke he was sure he knew her from somewhere but at that moment he could seem to figure out who the girl was, he was sure it would come back to him soon but for now he decided to play along at least until he could put a name to the face. ''Sousuke and this is ...'' he hesitated for a moment before viewing the name above his companions head ''Malakath.'' he finished as the girl took down their names.

Smiling and nodding at the girl he sat down and had his name taken down on the cafe order slip ... He frowned at this for two reasons. 1 NPCs do not ask for player details and 2. She spoke differently to the NPCs, more emotionally.

"I have some questions for you miss? Firstly? Do you know what the special today is?" Please note if there was hesitation it would indicate some sense of non NPCness "And secondly is there any chance of me knowing the soup selections?". He had played more than enough video games to note when there may be foul play at work but maybe he was overthinking things a little

Having actually been working at the cafe a few days every week for several weeks so she was used to questions like this. She smiles and bows politely to them. "Today's special is smoked boar with the spices rosemary, pepper and salt added to it along with a side of hand picked salad filled with lettuce, tomato's and some dressing. For soup we have tomato soup, beef broth, and chicken with noodles.. Will that be all sir Malakath?" The girl asks acting like all the other NPC's in the place. 

(She has been practicing being like the NPC's at the restaurant while she is working at the place, and because of her good memory she could recite everything you could order at the restaurant in alphabetical order if she wanted to.

listening to the girl roll off todays specials he really couldn't help wondering where he had seen her before but he supposed it would come to him at some point either way she was a good actor, but it was clear to Sousuke she was no NPC. In the end he decided he would for some Udon noodle and placed his order making doubly sure that he asked for chopsticks to eat with, after all he wanted to feel a little closer to home and waited for the girl to reply.

Malakath stunned at her reply was still skeptical but now that she gave him the answers he smiled and said "I'll have the chicken noodle soup if you don't mind" he shot a cursory wink, trying to go for the cool guy feel he had before coming into the place (sorry for the short reply, couldn't think of much but nontheless I'm waiting for a place I can elaborate a bit more)

Writing down both of their food orders and making sure to remember to bring back chopsticks she looks to them again. "Would you like anything to drink with that or is that all sir's? I could give you a few suggestions if you like?" She asks waiting for them to respond with a yes or no before she will go back to the kitchen.

Sousuke thought for a moment and decided he would like a drink but what of? he supposed alcohol was a silly idea if he planned on going out to train and so something no alcoholic would be best. He set his mind on a simple glass of water and placed his order. ''Water for me please.'' He said to the girl watching for any tell tale indications of who she was.

Ariel was wandering around aimlessly. Looking left and right, not believing what she saw. This...game.... was so filled of life, it seem like the real world..well... except that almost everybody wore armor and carried weapons...so a medieval real world would be the appropriate term, but the shops here look so modern. She suddenly sees a maid cafe.

"Really???they even have this kind of thing here????" she let out a shout, then covered her mouth with both hands. And curious walked towards the establishment. With that shout that could be heard outside and inside the local stores, she attracted some unwanted attention, and even laughs of some people that were around her. With her cheeks going red, she was at the entrance of the cafe.

Sousuke heard a a shout outside and excused him self for a moment from the table drawing his sword the blood red blade ripping through the air with a blur and rushed outside to see what the commotion was about. He wasn't about to let anyone die on his watch, he had heard rumours of player killers finding ways to kill inside sae zones and wasn't going to take any chances with it. He rushed outside burst through the door screaming as he went. ''WHATS GOING ON OUT HERE!'' he shouted his long black and red trimmed trench coat flying behind like a cape. To his utter dismay however he crashed right into someone randomly and fell almost on top of them managed to catch them before they hit the ground with some crazy feat of athleticism. He was propped up on his knees and on arm the other supporting the person up his arm beneath her. ''Oh uhm ... excuse me miss.'' He stuttered as his face went slightly red when he realised it was girl he had never met before.

Following outside, despite being level 1 he would assist if he could against the problem, becoming equally mystified by the blade as the commotion outside, he left a fraction of a second after Sosuke did and avoided the initial crash as he began laughing seeing the two in a heap on the floor. Offering a hand to the new girl, observing her name as he did so he said "Hello there Ariel? And Sosuke you sly dog you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend! Regardless come sit with us inside, we already ordered but you can share some of my noodle soup if you like" declared Malakath with a cheeky wink. Should she have taken his hand he would gently have kissed it like a Lord does his queen before pulling her up and showing her to the table inside, almost dragging her so as not to leave her standing dumbfounded outside.

All Ariel knew was that one moment she was waiting in line to enter the shop, and in the other someone bumped into her nearly knocking her on the ground. A second later another dude followed him and after muttering some words about girlfriends offered his hand to help her stand. 

"Thank you, for your concern um....*she looks above his head and sees the name* Malakath-san." then stands on her own feet, ignoring his obvious flirt. Then she takes a look at the one who bumped into her, and sees that he has his sword unsheathed "A friend of yours I believe...*she directs her gaze towards Sousuke's eyes* So, you wanna duel me, I maybe new to this but I still have my pride as a swordsman and won't let this challenge go unresponded?" she says that while putting her right hand on the hilt of her rapier. She didn't heard the guy's invitation, she was focussed on the one who bumped her.

Sousuke shook his head in disbelief, this girl wanted to dual with him or atleast thought he wanted to dual her and so he sheathed his sword and waved his hands in front of him erratically. ''Im so sorry I didn't mean to bump in to you miss I was looking for the source of the scream just a moment ago perhaps you know where it came from?'' he asked looking at her curiously. ''Say are you not the girl from the other day I believe we have met before the name is Sousuke by the way and my friend here is Malakath we just grabbing a bite to eat care to join us?'' he asked her

She blinked a few times.Seeing how this guy shook his hands erratically and his sincere face expression, she decided to believe him and accept his offer.

"Screaming...um yeah*she retrieved her hand from the hilt* it was me..I was surprised to see a cosplay cafe here, so i kind of let out my surprise.

I'm sorry for my rash judgement and if i'm not too of a bother I will happily join you guys" taking a better look at him he did seem familiar. And she also started feeling her stomach growl at the word "bite". partially ashamed by her attitude that lacked self-control.

Malakath smiled and then looked at Sosuke "Hey if your gonna show us the ropes after maybe we could try duelling each others? Me and this nice lady anyways" he began walking back inside in order to receive the order before the waitress reappeared with food and left seeing us leave, he was hungry and couldn't leave to fix a sandwich like before so he just ... Sat there, waiting (I hate doing short posts but when there is nothin to say? Also we should invoke a post order since the numbers are getting jumbled, maybe in order of thread joins, so Sosuke, Malakath, white-black, Alice)