[PP-F4] Festival

Snow, that's all she sees, covering the valley making an aurora of shadows dance as the lantern's light flickers. Ruka and Pepper had gone off to eat while Snow awaited for her date. Sweat trickled down her face as she looked in the mirror for the millionth time, assuring herself that she looked okay. Also she tugged on her periwinkle and black dress. She had made the bold choice to wear a knee length dress with a little white stitching of dragons on the neckline. Her white hair shone in the light as she stared at all of the people around her.

I wonder if he will show up. Maybe I should go back to the Inn. Maybe I-

Her thoughts were cut off as before her was standing Zeke.

Snow was cold but she wanted to wait to equip the coat that Zeke had just given her. She scrolled through her items and equipped her skates. Her skates were custom made with black opal blades. She fixed her hair and reached for Zeke's hand. her glove softly touched his fingertips as she blushed.

So... Have you ever skated before? I mean I have and I'm pretty experienced but it might be different in this game. Snow said.

She walked through the snow and on to the ice.

No, it's fine really. I wasn't very good at first either! Snow said. Snow's eyes widen, I'm sorry! I didn't mean it like t-that. I just, what I meant to say was- Snow said, scrambling to find the right words. I'll just show you how to skate. First, plant your feet, then push with both legs and glide. Be sure to keep your balance though, you don't want to fall! It's easy, just watch me! She says, encouraging him to try it.

She skates in a circle then does a triple axle in the air and lands softly. Snow explodes into a spinning motion and spins around.

Snow giggled at the sight of him sliding on his butt.

Maybe you should try sliding on your skates, not your butt. Snow said while laughing at her own joke.

He tried again but fell on his arm. Maybe I should help him. She thought while she skated over to Zeke. He got up and smiled at her and with a thumbs up he tried again. She held his hands and lead him through the crowd of people. A smaller girl had sprinted with great speed in front of her, causing Snow to fall. She took Zeke down with her.

Snow shook her head a little too fast after a fall. She was kind of dizzy, why? This boy had shown up and brightened up my "life" in this game, given me another reason to keep on fighting. Did falling on my butt really remind me of......She said as her eyes widened. Even though we just met, I-I feel that I have met you before. She says.

Zeke practiced a bit of skating on his own, trying to improve himself on the ice for the sake of saving Snow her share of his falls. In a short repetitive circle, he rotated his blades around a figure while talking with Snow. His eyes watched his skates while he spoke to her. "Met me before? I don't know, I don't remember you from anywhere. We might have bumped past each other in the game somewhere else before and never really said anything to each other. It's not likely we met before this game though, of all of places back in the real world, that would be one big coincidence." He had gotten the rhythm of his skating down and looked to see Snow's eyes wide open. "What is it?"

Zeke laughed at her stomach's interruption in the middle of her sentence. "There is no confusing that sound now, you must be hungry. Want to go get some food now? My treat." He held his hand out for her to grab, skating to the side of the rink with her. "The closest thing is a cabin restaurant that is themed for the Valentine's day event today. I'm not sure what they serve, but your tummy won't complain will it?" *Chuckles* Taking the time to replace his skates in the inventory back to his boots, he placed a hand on Snow's shoulder and gave a slight smile as he waited for her to take off her skates as well.

"Thank you for having me as your date." Her manners were returned before they headed to the cabin. Romantic music was playing in the diner, everything but the walls and floor were some associated color to Valentine's day. The reds and pinks and decorations really nailed it home for anyone here that wasn't with someone else. It made Zeke remember how lucky he was to be with someone, it was only days before the event that he was planning the activities for himself until he met Snow.

Up to the counter, he let her order her food first before adding his in with it. "I'll have a chicken salad with some water." He and the person taking the orders went back and forth on the options he had with his salad before everything was complete and he found himself waiting for the food to be set out to grab. "Happy Valentine's day Snow." Even though it was out of his element to do so, he nervously went to grab for her hand as he smiled. His other hand traced the familiar pattern in his HUD menu until he added her as a friend in game.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have the Bacon Alfredo with a crescent roll. With that I will have a glass of water sir, thank you. Snow said as she handed the kind man her menu. Happy Valentine's Day to you too Zeke! She beamed and added Zeke as a friend in game. She too had noticed that everyone their was mostly couples. Snow felt a little out of place right then. She and Zeke weren't a couple but she wasn't alone. I guess you could say that she was here with a newly found friend. She looked up to see Zeke staring up at her. She blushed as red as the roses that surrounded the room.

Zeke's face changed color as well but hardly as noticeable for him. Smiling at the eye to eye contact they were making, he could sense at the very least that they would have a great friendship. A tray consisting of their food came to the counter and Zeke would carry it to a booth for the two of them. A small four panel window leading out to the frozen lake helped give something else to look at besides all of the red. It was near the end of the meal that Zeke had noticed many players were taking the challenge of the mini games available. "How about after this, we try and win ourselves a souvenir? I hear that some really great prizes are given away randomly."

Snow followed Zeke to a booth, the wintry mix was crisp and clean. That sounds awesome, Zeke. It's just I'm not exactly sure how you play it! Snow said while the nervous in her laughter rose. She had played games when she was little but she had forgotten how to play after a such a long time. She looked at all the games before her as she finished up her meal. They all seem great. Why don't we go to your favorite first? Snow said hoping she wouldn't embarrass both of them in public again. Her hair white as snow fell over her silver toned eyes.

"It's all luck, so let's just find one and take a whack at it." He laughed shortly and finished his food in a hurry for the chance that he might get something really cool to equip. He needed all of the help he could get after all. Throwing away the trash from the meals they had, Zeke walked with Snow over to the games with a happy spirit that was hidden beneath his facade of self control. The closest game being Dart throwing, that was the first he would attempt considering it wasn't completely reliant on his bad luck. His first of three darts was lined up and thrown with his eyes looking for the prize at the end of the toss. Once he had his first one thrown, he offered to give Snow a chance with one of her three darts.

She followed Zeke to the Dart station and observed. I see now. All you do is throw it? Whats the fun in that? Zeke threw his and offered Snow a try. She picked up her dart and practiced a few arm swings. She threw the dart with force. She missed. Snow hit the outer circle, the only prize she could have won was air. She became a bit frustrated but again reminded herself that it was just a game. She asked Zero if he would like to go next.

Zeke's dart had hit dead near the bulls eye in the center, his face lit up with the success. "You get a prize if you do what I just did!" The joy in his explanation could not be for fault, he knew something was coming his way but hoped it was something good like he imagined. When Snow's fell short of winning anything, he still liked to see her try. "Go once more, we have a few tries to win us something. I know you must have more luck than me somewhere inside of you." Zeke gave a small laugh and handed her one of her two darts left. "Calm yourself before throwing but don't think too much on what you're doing."

She looked at Zeke and picked up another dart. This time she exhaled before she threw. She aimed it perfectly and hit right next to where Zeke's had landed. A grin spread across her face, she had won something! She picked up another dart and placed it in Zeke's palm, Here, it's your turn! We're gonna get something good! Snow said to Zeke.

"Awesome! Now we both win a prize! Let's see if we can win more now." His fist clenched near his chest in response to seeing Snow win herself something. Hopefully this was enough to make her enjoy the small games he really wanted to keep trying at. Preparing himself as close to the stand as he could with the dart in hand, he fired off his second like he had been looking down a scope above his thumb and index finger. To his surprise, he didn't get a second prize but he wasn't disappointed yet since so many tries remained for him to get another. "Alright, your turn. We have four more darts to win another prize. Good luck."