(OP-F1) Outside The City A Target Will Be Found

Drake jogged laps around a field devoid of mobs, and each time he got close to a trail that created one of the boarders for the field, he would look through the crowd and see if he could identify a player killer. Sadly, from his last attempt at doing so, he was unsure of what to look for. Drake was infuriated with his lack of knowledge on player killers, but knew that he would learn with time. Drake focused back on the trail he was now jogging by, and started searching through the crowd.

Rebekah had been in the fields hunting for some boars for the last few hours, but she decided to sit down on top of the hill while taking a break. The sun was shining and it was a nice day. She looked out into the field, and saw a player jogging around some of these trails. She had never seen someone go jogging on these trails before, and wondered what that person was up to. She decided to wait a bit longer, before deciding whether or not to see what was happening, she usually was a bit more cautious when meeting up with new people, it was just her nature.

Shinex was picking up some fruit items from the outer areas of the forest. He found nothing and decided to not continue. He currently walks around the grassland looking around at the scenery. He recently got a new sword so he wanted to test it out agains the mobs, but decided not to. Instead he would lay down in a spot in the grassland. Watching the sky as time flies by. He ended up yawning obviously showing he's getting tired. It didn't take long for him to fall asleep. Shinex's naps don't last that long so he'll be fine.

Drake eyed the crowd and eventually decided that it would be fun to do something rash and unpredictable. Running onto the trail, he spotted an NPC and approached it with unnatural speed. Closing the distance, he stuck his arm out and clotheslined the NPC, causing it to fall flat on it's back with a grunt. Laughing, Drake left the trail and started jogging laps yet again. He looked around, hoping that somebody would try to confront him.

I stood still with cold eyes and scanned everyone around me. Nothing happened around me. Ever. It was like I attracted boredom. Out of the corner of my eye a person came my way. I was instantly reminded of what happened with Keith so I stepped back and let the player run past me like an idiot. I didn't trip him in the process, I wasn't prepared to do that just yet. Instead I let him by and watched him plow into another player. No, an NPC. I laughed when the NPC was pushed back and fell. It wasn't everyday you saw another player abuse the NPC's inability to retaliate. I smirked and folded my arms, watching him run around. 

Mari had lingered on the outskirts of the Safe Zone; not being able to enter the town. She had just completed a trade with a player who was willing to go into town to fetch her supplies - in return she had paid the young boy a handsome commission, as well as refunding him the money he had spent on the items.  She was absently walking away from the town - checking her inventory. Clouded blue eyes flicking back and forth as she read.

Short, pink hair cut into a neat bob rested below her chin, wisps of cotton pink blowing across her face in the warm summery breeze. Her pink skirt hung just above her knees and she wore a white jumper. All in all, her appearance was deceptively sweet. Despite Mari being a hard person to get along with; and the fact that she was slowly becoming a renowned PKer; albeit against her will.

Rebekah got up from her spot and looked around. There were a lot more players around now than earlier, and she had noticed that the jogging guy from earlier attacked a NPC. It was not something that she had seen ever before. However, she noticed a crowd starting to grow around here, maybe somebody is having a meeting around here. Nonetheless, she would have to finish her material collection some other day, as there were other things on her mind. She walked towards the small group of players trying to figure out what had actually happen.

She had found herself walking towards the familiar pink hairstyle of a certain player that she had met before. It had been a long time, she could she had leveled up a lot since their last encounter, just by equipment alone.

My attention diverted from the idiot jogging to the familiar splash of pink. Mari was here. I took notice her appearance change as I looked at her. Instead of a black attire like last time she was wearing an ever so cheerful outfit decked out in pink to match her hair. I had been envious of it's candy color since I first met her, I couldn't possibly think it was a cheap dye job. It had always been in m interest to have cool hair, and Mari's was just that.

I began to jog over to to her with a slight smile. I noticed her hair was a lot nicer than before now that I was closer to her. When I looked up above her head I saw a yellow cursor. I froze. It had no meaning to me before but now that I was in a certain guild and had to preform such things it was my job to be cautious of her. I bit my lip and closed my eyes. This was exactly what  was afraid of when I accepted the offer; having to have murderous thoughts of my friends. Even though Mari and I hadn't ever held a continuous conversation I still considered her to be a strong woman that I respected. I cursed under my breath and stood frozen with my decisions.

After waking up, Shinex headed towards Starting City. Haven't been there in a while. Last time Shinex was in Starting City was when he did the Secret Medicine of the Forest quest. After entering Starting City, he just walked around and listened to other people's conversation for something he may find important. He heard a couple of players talking about someone messing with an NPC. Kinda want to see this. I need some entertainment. He headed off searching for his entertainment.

Mari looked up, feeling the presence of another player. Kiru stood before her. Mari hadn't shared many words with the multi tone haired girl, but from her previous interactions Mari assumed that Kiru's personality was somewhat similar to hers. Kiru seemed to speak without thinking, was brash in her actions - and had a tendency to be rather hot-headed. At least, that's what Mari pictured, and assumed her to be. That was not the Kiru that was standing before her now.

The Kiru that stood before her know seemed nervous, her stance defensive, unsure. Eyes, brilliant orbs the colour of frost were downcast, eyes half lidded as she seemingly chewed her lower lip. It was almost as though she wasn't breathing. Mari wasn't a woman of many words. 

"Yes?" She asked Kiru expectantly. The girl had approached Mari, so there must have been some form of reasoning behind her actions.

Mari's words cut through the urging voices in my head. She addressed me like anyone else, which was good to hear. My head shot upwards and I looked her straight in the eye. This is pathetic, refrain yourself. You aren't on an assignment right now. I told myself, knowing that I was never really told when I was supposed to be wary of a Player Killer's presence. This was just something I needed to let go of for the time being. Picking a fight with Mari would only cause suspicion, and plus I didn't really want to pull out my daggers in front of her. I then stared at her with intensity behind my glare. Ah nothing, just full of thoughts again. I impulsively came over to you without thinking, my apologies. So, how have you been? You still got some fools chasing after you? I asked, trying to recover from my previous actions.

Kiru seemed to snap out of her stupour. Straightening herself she looked Mari dead in the eye, with new found vigour and determination. Her words though, struck Mari as odd. Still, the pink haired woman was not one to question such actions. She wasn't exactly in the best of moods ever since her incident with Life - and she had now chosen to hold everyone at arms length - or further if possible. So she wasn't going to pry into Kiru's thoughts or question reasons behind he actions.

"I see." Mari said, closing her HUD and only now taking in the surrounding area. There were quite a few players present. One seemed to  be...running...laps? She gave a questioning look toward Kiru before moving her gaze back to the blue haired youth. "That's odd." She muttered.

Kiru asked Mari if those kids were still chasing her. Mari turned back to Kiru, not even flinching when she recalled the story. "Dead." She spoke in an uncaring tone, unaffected by the tragedy that had plagued her weeks before. "Their leader, some boy named...ugh...Cinammon charged at me - only to miscalculate and fall to his death. The others - despite me insisting they not attack, continued to attack me - they fought and hurt each other - then turned on me again." Mari shrugged. "I gave them ample warning, and chances but they pushed forward. So now they are all dead." 

A certain feeling of envy seemed to return to me when Mari stated simply that all who apposed her were dead. I had a few players who couldn't locate me still searching around for me but I didn't feel like taking the initiative to eliminate them. My eyes flicked to the side, new comers approached. It seemed like I not only attracted boredom but curious onlookers as well. I sighed and return my gaze back to Mari. I see. I guess it's just a sad ending then, people will chase after those who are stronger with blind hatred. I guess I'm just rambling right now but I can't help noticing how strong you have gotten. Since last time I think I have only improved three or fours levels, what about you? I asked with no real interest. This conversation was already dead but for some odd reason I felt the need to let it drag on.

As Drake made yet another lap, he saw a player with bright pink hair and, curious, approached. As he neared, he saw an oddly colored cursor above her head and said to her, not caring if he interrupted, "That's weird. I've never seen the likes of it." Standing next to the pink-haired player was one with black and white hair, and he couldn't help but say, "We, though I don't know you guys, must look like clowns. What with all the bright hair colors."

Mari gave a small nod in agreement. "Mmm, I'd rather not have to kill anyone." Mari said, lifting a hand to twirl a pink strand of hair around her finger. "I dislike how its become so commonplace for me, I dislike how I've almost become desensitized to it. It's like a downward spiral." Mari sighed, once again crossing her arms over her chest. The conversation was dying down and Mari wasn't sure why Kiru was continuing it. 

"I guess, I don't recall the last time I saw you. Before I-" Mari cleared her throat. "Killed Tom. So perhaps 5 or so levels." 

Mari was about to ask Kiru why she felt the need to elongate the conversation but the blue haired player who was running laps approached them. "Eh? Never seen the likes of what?" Mari asked in an annoyed tone. He said that the three of them were like clowns and Mari scoffed. "Maybe you kid, why not go back to running aimlessly around in circles mmm?"

Drake laughed as she tried to get him to walk away and said, "I have only been running because I am looking for... someone, I guess." He pointed at her cursor and said with interest, "What is THAT? What does it do? Is it some form of skill buff?" He wanted to ask more questions, but refrained from doing so, that way he wouldn't be as annoying.

Malakath appeared from behind the hill as he spent basically the whole day before technically killing ... himself. He went to find his guildmaster to see about if she had a recommendations of what to go for next ... Seeing the bright pink hair automatically pointed out where she was. And he headed over to her. Arriving he saw Drake with Mari and took in a deep breath... He said aloud "Oh ****, that's not good." Arriving there very quickly soonafter due to him picking up speed very quickly he stopped right next to Mari and looked hard at drake before saying only one word "Hey". 

As he stopped he whispered in Mari's ear, saying to Drake before he did "Secret guild stuff, sorry" ... He leaned into Mari's ear carefully knowing how she doesn't know him well or trust him yet but he whispered "The Kid's tryn'a be a PKer bounty hunter. Just go easy on him, please..."

Mari blinked, loosening her arms and letting them fall to her sides. "You mean my cursor?" She scratched her cheek, unsure of what to make of the kid. He seemed completely at a loss. "You really don't know?" Mari asked again. "It means I'm a PKer. I can't go to towns, I can't go to safe zones." She turned to fully face him now. "Because I have taken a life. I am unable to enjoy the luxury of peace of mind. I am unable to sleep in a bed. Other players can freely attack me without having their cursor become orange like mine."

Mari sighed, running her hand through her hair. "Don't get me wrong It's not like I go do it for fun." Mari noticed one of her newer guild members approach, and gave him a small nod of acknowledgement. 

Drake took a deep breath. He knew what he had to look for now. But this player, she didn't seem to enjoy killing. Should he attack her? No, not yet. Looking at Malakath as he whispered in the players ear, Drake pretty much knew what he told her without hearing it. This was... awkward. Here he was, with one of the people he sought to destroy in front of him. He moved his hand to the hilt of his blade for comfort and just smiled at the pink haired player. He said, "I wish I could feel bad for you."

Malakath sighed and looked at DrakeWing hard, he was going to make sure he wouldn't do anything stupid. Endanger himself or anyone else, Malakath thought about this for a while. Since he was told the guildmaster was a PKer. And he was told WHO she killed, he felt sorry for Mari more than anything. But he'd help her however he could, and this kid in front of Mari right now would only hurt that. He needed to let Drake know she wasn't a psychopath and didn't deserve the cards of fate she was dealt. Not saying anything to either of them at this moment. Just looking straight at Drake, boring into his soul with his eyes alone. Making it VERY clear to not do what he thinks is a good idea. He also put his hand to his blade and looked at Drake, guild comes first.