Martial Fist weapons?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should have them?

• Yes, yes please
    • No.

Okay I was wondering if by chance if they made a weapon for the Martial Arts skill, something a player could place over both arms/hands to fight? Because if not then I would like to input my idea here. Thats is if the GM's have made a weapon available to make, I have a poll going, if the GM's never made a weapon I will post my weapon idea, and if so please post here and I will have the topic locked.

I think the weapon is 'wraps' So you'd just have material wraps that you would place over your hands. To get these you need to get a tailor to do it for you.
It's not listed as a 'weapon' as the weapon is well - your hands.

Martial arts is a no weapon skill.

â–º Martial Arts:
5 Ranks
Passive
The effectiveness with which a player can use unarmed combat. Unlocked after completion of the quest
Quest: <Breaking the Unbreakable.>

It does mention the wraps somewhere and I am currently trying to find where.

that then sorta goes against the whole idea that 'martial arts' is a no weapon physical only skill, as you are bringing weapons into the mix.
It might be an idea that gauntlets are a weapon that are possible to gain but contain a requirement that means you need to have the Martial Arts Skill at level 3 before gaining them or something.

Similar to Katana for Curved Sword.

Wraps are in the weapon enhancements section and states this .

Unarmed Damage(Restricted to Hand Wrap type weapons)[caps at 3]: Each enhancement slot used adds +1 to Unarmed damage, this Enhancement boosts martial arts damage. Craft-able by tailors these cannot be equipped at the same time as a weapon mechanically.

I looked it up as I was considering making an unarmed damage character that looked like the prince from the new prince of persia game with the blue and orange scarves. I know what you mean about war gauntlets. But honestly I think that having a pair of gauntlets could just be enchanted with unarmed damage really couldn't it?

That I understand but I mean like War Gauntlets, big metal gloves that cause damage as that is restricted to "Wraps". Im talking about a new type of Martial Art Weapon that works like the Wraps, but also is not them at the same time. Like Kratos Nemean Cestus, Something you can look forward to unlocking after R3 of the MA skill

Also I never checked this but since we're talking about it, do katana weilders add the curved sword damage and the katana damage?

No they don't Grimm, its a new skill type, Its two handed curve not one.

But the question stands of why not use a katana in the curved sword scenario and Asura. I know what you're getting at but in reality you can just have a smith make any gauntlets for you and then upgrade them with unarmed. It would work the same way. Plus Kratos's gauntlets while cool won't actually do any damage when they hit you. They are so large that the surface area spread would do hardly anything unless you were as strong as kratos himself

No Malakath, it doesn't. That'd be like sticking two weapons together.

It's like an upgrade. You use the Katana in lieu of the curved sword. For more clarification contact a GM as they are working on mechanics like that :D

Thats there, thats what I mean, I was talking about a upgraded version of the Wraps, these metal gauntlets that you can use in the skill as a reward for training in the skill for a long time. Like how a <<One-Handed Curve Sword>> upgrades to a <<Katana>>. The <<Wraps>> would upgrade to the <<War Gauntlets>> at Rank 3 in the <<Martial Arts>> 

Wraps are in the weapon enhancements section and states this .

Unarmed Damage(Restricted to Hand Wrap type weapons)[caps at 3]: Each enhancement slot used adds +1 to Unarmed damage, this Enhancement boosts martial arts damage. Craft-able by tailors these cannot be equipped at the same time as a weapon mechanically.

I looked it up as I was considering making an unarmed damage character that looked like the prince from the new prince of persia game with the blue and orange scarves. I know what you mean about war gauntlets. But honestly I think that having a pair of gauntlets could just be enchanted with unarmed damage really couldn't it?

And no that would not work Grimm it clearly says "Hand Wraps" not "War Gauntlets" Wraps are made with leather, WG are made with Metals a big difference, like the OHCS is a Curved sword you wield with one hand. A Katana, a traditional Japanese Katana is a Curved sword yes, but is held with two hands. Big difference.

It isn't available for all weapons. It doesn't strengthen the weapon or give the person any sort of advantage, other than the fact that it is a different weapon choice.

Sword Skills (aka weapon skills) are currently being worked on by GMs

• 2 weeks later...

Its kind of like MMA. 

Professional fighters use wrist and hand wraps. These provide stability to the joints and minor protection. As such a fighter is able to swing a little harder with less concern for their own well being as the gear supplements their own weakness. however they still remain unarmed.

Item Name: Wraps of Combat

Item Condition: Rare

Item Description: A length of fabric worn as a jock strap by a famous fighter, that you now wear on your hands

Item Ability: +2 Unarmed damage

Or

Item Name: Super Cool Gauntlets

Item Condition: Perfect

Item Description: Some people fight fair, but the owner of these gloves decided that fair was for sissies and covered the knuckles in steel plates

Item Ability: +3 Unarmed damage

Idk.. Just a thought lol...

Okay I was wondering if by chance if they made a weapon for the Martial Arts skill, something a player could place over both arms/hands to fight? Because if not then I would like to input my idea here. Thats is if the GM's have made a weapon available to make, I have a poll going, if the GM's never made a weapon I will post my weapon idea, and if so please post here and I will have the topic locked.

There are hand wraps that can be crafted by tailors such as myself.