[PP-F4 Quest] Unsleet, Bitter, and Cold (Arekkusu)

I ran further and further away from the safe zone with a slight smirk on my face. I was determined to get to the field boss spawn before anyone else could. It wasn't an ordinary one, it was a lower level one so it was easy to beat. Also, I had just caught wind of the rewards for killing it, and they were pretty good considering the level. This monster was supposedly found after going through the forest and farming the smaller creatures on the way. I ran as fast as I could through the snow, leaving harsh marks in the snow with every stride I took. I was actually considerably fast for racing through the thick trees and deep snow. 

As I ran closer to the area it was supposed to be in I heard a noise. It was the sound of water freezing, a good sign. Before me stood two yeti's wielding ice hammers in each hand. the first one swung clumsily. I stopped and did a back flip to avoid the incoming hammer. In the air I grabbed a dagger from behind my back. Just as I landed I sprinted forward and stabbed the dagger into the icy creature. I ran back and looked at the damage I did to it. Just a little under half damage was dealt. Not too bad... I need to work on it though.

ID 6702; BD 10 (3 Damage Natural + 3 Damage Shiv +1 Damage for Athletics= 7 Damage)

Ice Yeti 9/16

Ice Yeti 16/16

Items Equipped:

(Shadow Gloves- +2 Acc , +1 Dmg M)
(Banshee Shiv- +3 Damage)

The snow hills, one of the best areas to hide surprisingly, the heavy amount of snow makes it hard for him to be seen unless some noise was made. Arekkusu heard the clashing of a blade with snow. A fight, and only in Sword Art Online would you hear someone hitting a bit of snow from such a far distance. Arekkusu turned his head towards the direction below, a little bit hard to see, but someone’s shadow was fighting some Yetis. Classic enemies, nothing too difficult to deal with. Arekkusu didn’t even feel the need to put his blade up and raise it against the enemies. He unsheathed his blade anyways, one person’s life to make easier. He wasn’t looking to make a friend, but he didn’t want to with a death happen. He then felt an attack come from behind him. Arekkusu turned around to see… one of the Yetis? Arekkusu fell back, the hit was pretty devastating to him. He rarely gets hit nowadays, pain is starting to become new to him. His teeth clenched, he was ready to kill. “Where the hell did you come from!?†Arekkusu exclaimed as he rolled backwards, the downward slope making his recovery easier and harder at the same time. Arekkusu tried to slice at the enemy at the top of the hill, but he merely hit its shadow. How the hell did it get up here this fast without Arekkusus knowing?

ID: 6707  Bd: 4+1 ACC  MD: 10-3 Eva (No change in Crit) 2+2-1=3 Dmg

Arekkusu: 57/60

Ice Yeti 9/16

Ice Yeti 16/16

After getting myself away from the yeti to recollect myself I noticed that the other one was missing. I could have sworn there were two.. Then to my right I heard a player from a distance. They fell from an attack but then got up, looking like they were going to fight it. I couldn't see who they were but I didn't care, they were taking my kill! I needed to be the one to kill those things to make the boss spawn. I squeezed the handle of my dagger and returned my attention back to my target. I let the yeti hurl itself at me so I could get a good hit in. As soon as it was a sword's length away I rolled underneath it's leg and slashed it from behind. The dagger made a loud noise that sounded like shattered ice. I ran backwards away from it while keeping an eye on it. I glanced to my right again and the player was still there. Hey! Go find somewhere else to fight those things! I shouted to the player who didn't even damage the thing yet. 

ID 6708; BD 6+2= 8 (+1 Base +1 ATH +3 shiv = 5 Damage)

Kiru 86/86

Ice Yeti 4/16

Ice Yeti 16/16

ID:6711  BD: 1  MD: 6-3Eva No Hit

Arekkusu heard a somewhat blurry voice, the snow still covering the tone of the voice. But he heard the words of the player clearly. He turned his head to the player as he ducked an attack, then he looked back at the Yeti. He quickly tried to high kick the Yeti, but the Yeti dodged the attack and roared. The two were evenly matched surprisingly. This may be Arekkusus new rival, a monster, it certainly beat many of the players Arekkusu met. He then brought his attention to the player below. "Aw, you think life is all that fair?" Arekkusu asked with taunt in his voice. He then stepped to the side when  scratch to the face was incoming, Arekkusu dodging the attack. He then kicked the Yeti down the hill, letting the player take the kill. He was bored with the Yeti already. Arekkusu then sat on the hill and looked down at the play. "You must think you are tough to reject help, isn't that right? Heh, I knew it... you..." It was pretty easy for him to identify people from the past nowadays, and this person, well, he might as well see how long it would take for her to kill the Yetis. It's not like any amount of time would impress him, but he still was curious.

Yeti: 9/16

Yeti:16/16

When I player spoke I scoffed, he sounded annoyingly familiar. I could narrow down the list a little to who was talking to me. Actually life is not fair. I'm making life go my way by making you leave. I said, not looking at the player just yet. I needed to concentrate on this attack. I ran away from the yeti, letting it chase after me, over to a tree.  I ran up the side of the base and grabbed one of the branches. When the enemy came close enough I kicked it in the head with my feet and let go of the branch. When I landed on it I stabbed the creature in the stomach, dealing the final blow and killing it. I spun around and looked for the player that addressed me before.

Then, I saw him. Arek, smug as ever sat above me and began to watch the fight. I glared upwards at him and crossed my arms. What are you doing here? Oh and it would be best for you to stay up there so you don't get hurt. Since you can't seem to deal and damage to it. I hissed, not even caring about the yeti behind me. It was still trying to find it's way over without losing it's footing.

ID 6713; BD 7 (+1 ATH +1 Base +3 shiv= 5 Damage)

Kiru 86/86

Ice Yeti -1/16 (Overkill)

Ice Yeti 16/16

ID: 6714  BD: 9   Damage: 1 (Base)+ 3(Phoenix Wing)+ 4 (Long-Straight Sword)+ 1 (Athletics) +2 (Charge) +1 (Critical) 11 Dmg+ Bleeding  MD: 5-3 Eva

Arekkusu half-closed his eyes, he really didn't have time for this. If she dared think she was any better than him when it comes to inflicting damage to monsters, he was going to have to stab her to prove her wrong. What best monster to stab a sword through? Arekkusu stood back onto his feet and stared down at her. Arekkusu then had his sword glow with fire, the Charge effect taking effect. He saw Kiru clearly with the light that shined, he was right, and there she was with a kill after 3 hits. Weak... Arekkusu doesn't even stutter to take care of monsters like that. Arekkusu blurred into the air, the Charge skill increasing his speed to a whole other level. He then ran down the hill, leaving a trail of fire behind him as a message. He then sliced the Yeti through it's stomach quickly, creating a blood effect as well as the slice. The Yeti was bleeding and roared loudly. Arekkusu turned his head to Kiru. "You were saying something?"  Arekkusu asked with taunt in his voice as he put hit blade back in the sword holder. The Yeti should bleed out after a few seconds, a nice tactic in the end of Charge.

Yeti: 5/16 Bleeding (-3 for 2/2 turn)

Arek took his sword that he had unsheathed and charged forward, illuminating the white snow and setting things on fire. I rolled my eyes and followed right behind him. Once he finished his attack I stepped forward, looking him dead in the eye and held out my dagger. I stabbed my dagger into the side of the yeti without losing eye contact with Arek, finishing the monster off. I was saying that you couldn't attack properly. You need such a flashy skill to do any damage to a monster? Hah, I also have no damage done to me. Unlike you, I can dodge attacks. Not that it would matter, I have a lot of health to back me up even if I get a fatal hit. I said, putting my dagger away and standing in the snow as tiny white flakes fell endlessly from the sky. 

ID 6715; BD 4+2= 6 (+1 base +1 ATH +3 shiv= 5 Damage)

Kiru 86/86

Ice Yeti 0/16 

Ice Yeti 0/16  (-3 for 1/2 turn)

"Yeah, because those health points helped you a lot back then in our duel." Arekkusu said recalling the duel that they had. The difference in health was giant, but he still won  in the end. It took a potion for him first, but then Kiru used a potion so it really didn't matter. Arekkusu was a pretty low level back then, now he was around the ranges of being a high level player. He put up his lade and looked at how much stronger it was compared to the Rising Edge. The funny thing is, Arekkusu was almost the exact level of the player who game the Rising Edge to him, and traditionally, Arekkusu passed it off. He then looked up at Kiru, his eyes still not really caring. "Mine have almost doubled since that time. And those aren't the only points." Arekkusu then looked towards the mountain "But I don't care, my goal is up onto that mountain. I don't have time for this." Arekkusu said as he began to walk towards the mountain. "The Avalanche..."

I remembered the battle clearly in my mind, I wasn't too proud of my performance. I screwed around the whole time and didn't really try. I lost. Your'e still going on about that battle? No, my health points didn't help me but I was also reckless, you can't forget that. I didn't take that battle seriously but I guess you did. And another thing, you said your points doubled? Mine have too, but not that anyone could see. I have been getting things done and a lot has happened since that battle. I was handcuffed to someone for two days, I defeated a bunch of monsters and I have been saving my points for something big. I- I stopped, why was I even telling him this? He didn't need to know this, especially if I was going to have another battle with him soon. I simply sighed, I had no time to deal with him right now. If you'll excuse me. I said, but walked in the same direction as Arek. Stop it you stalker, be original and go fight your own monster! I'm going after the Avalanche so scram! I hissed and walked faster. I still needed to kill a few more enemies for the boss to spawn. To be clear, I had no time to waste.

Arekkusu flipped a finger of his own in Kirus direction right behind him. He took that quest already, he wasn't going to let her stop him from reaching hiss main goal. He put down his finger and spoke. "You sure do talk a lot, heh, excuses." Arekkusu said as he put his hands in his pocket. He didn't even turn his head back, she wasn't his problem. She was a problem, sure, but not his problem. He wasn't going to babysit the worlds largest 8 year old. He was a lot stronger than anybody ever expected him to be anyways. It's not like he expected anyone to care, he lives how he wants to. He was still pretty mad, but that anger gave his a calmer sense of mind. Almost like one from a Video game he played in the real world. Neku. Arekkusu continued walking through the snow. He didn't reply, he didn't really care about being called a stalker or look for his own monsters to fight. This was his monster, why, because he said so. It was as simple as that, he didn't need to talk to someone who thought of herself so highly. He didn't have time for that, he really didn't have time for anything anymore. That' what  calm sense of mind gives you. A don't give a damn attitude.

I looked away from Arek and down at my boots. Snow was on the tips of them but I didn't bother to shake the snow off. I walked ahead of him, ignoring anything he would say after that. Geez, what is his problem? He seems different, not that I care, but he;s super annoying. He reminds me of those two Player Killers that were on this floor earlier...I thought and looked up from my feet. In the distance was three more opponents. Instead of yetis it was a small pack of wolves. Surely after this wave the boss will spawn. I looked back at Arek with not an angry face nor a happy one and ran forward. I wanted to get the first strike on these things if Arek decided to join in again. I threw my dagger at the first wolf and ran towards it. As it struggled to get the knife from it's back I jumped over them and pulled the dagger out. 

ID 6718; Bd 5+2=7 (+3 shiv +1 ATH +1 base= 5 Damage) 

Kiru 86/86

Snow Wolf 7/12

Snow Wolf 12/12

Snow Wolf 12/12

Arekkusu looked as a wave of wolves approached, but that didn't phase him at all. He was unimpressed by the way they looked, so easily disturbed. He had no time for such weakness anymore, due to the fact that he really isn't much for killing players, he used monsters as alternatives so he could hve something to keep his mind from begging to kill. It was like therapy in a way, but Arekkusu didn't have time for them. He saw Kiru take a slice at one of them, it was a hit at least. It still seemed to be standing though. If Arekkusu had that result with enemies like these, he wouldn't even consider himself strong enough to act the way he does. He walked to one of the untouched wolves, which tried to leap at him and tumble Arekkusu down. "Get out of my way..." Arekkusu said coldly yet calmly. He slashed the blade to the side, digging his sword into the flesh of the wolf and knocking far to the side. He continued walking forward up the mountain, not caring about finishing the wolf off. With that his, it should be pretty low on health, and Arekkusu doubt it was even fast enough to catch him with that low amount of health. It was never worth his time anyways.

ID:6721  BD: 5+1 ACC   MD: 4-3 Eva

Snow Wolf 7/12

Snow Wolf 3/12

Snow Wolf 12/12

After landing on my feet I ran forward towards the last wolf that had no harm to it yet. The snow wolf I had just hit was still recovering from the previous dagger attack and the one that Arek had so arrogantly left for me was too weak to come after me yet. They were all white and blended in with the snow but I could easily distinguish them from the purity because of the cursors above the head of each wolf.  I cut upwards on the head of the wolf, leaving a red mark. The health level on each of them were about equal now. Good but not good enough. I need to work harder and fix my mistakes! I looked at the wolves, disgusted with how bad I was doing and flipped the dagger in the air, ready to go at it again.

ID 6722; BD 4+2=6 (+3 shiv +1 ATH +1 Base= 5 damage)

Kiru 86/86

Snow Wolf 7/12

Snow Wolf 3/12

Snow Wolf 7/12

ID: 6726  Bd: 4+1 Acc  Md: 8-3 Eva

The fight was still going on, why was Kiru even trying so hard? They didn't pose that great a threat in the game? Why sweat over three stupid enemies? The real pressure is in the boss, and even then it might still be easy. Especially since they were both on the fourth floor, amazing. Arekkusu just stood there where he was now, just waiting for his enemies to come to him. A healthy wolf came at him as fast at it could, but it's would seemed to be slowing it down. That ws a shame, it wouldn't be landing a hit anytime soon at that rate. Arekkusu stepped to the side and spun around. He didn't even pull out his blade. He looked back at the wolf, who slipped on the ice and scrambled to rush to Arekkusu. When it got to him, Arekkusu lifted his leg and dropped it onto the head of the wolf, just about knocking it out. "Pathetic." Arekkusu said as he kicked the wolf towards Kiru. The wolf took no damage due to a technicality, but it didn't seem to be in any state to fight anymore.

Snow Wolf: 7/12

Snow Wolf: 3/12

Snow Wolf: 7/12

One of the wolves challenged Arek once more, like it was trying to get even with him, but failed. It was out before it could inflict any damage at all on him. The incoming wolf that Arek kicked towards me toppled onto the other one with a low amount of health left. The wolf I had just cut began to circle it's way around me. It had it's teeth bared as it jumped from the snow. I drove my dagger upwards through the wolf, leaving it in a critical state. It fell on the ground and whimpered. Still?! I can't even kill that small of a monster? I was frustrated that I couldn't wipe them all out at once and just get to the boss already. It was taking me such a long time to get through the wolves. 

ID 6735; BD 9 (+2 Base +1 ATH +3 shiv= 6 Damage)

Kiru 86/86

Snow Wolf 7/12

Snow Wolf 3/12

Snow Wolf 1/12

Arekkusu looked towards Kiru to see how she was doing with that wolf. Then his hair covered his face as a cartoonish Sweat drop went down his hair. That strike didn't kill the already knocked out wolf. This was just straight up embarrassing for him to watch. Arekkusu walked back to the healthiest looking wolf, which snarled at Arekkusu angrily. When the distance was cu off by enough, the wolf jumped into the air, bringing a small wave of Snow with it. Arekkusu aimed his blade and pierced through the stomach of the wolf, stopping it mid-air. Arekkusu then pushed it off his blade with his foot and looked at its dead body as it shattered. "It's blood got on my blade, nasty." Arekkusu said as he picked up some snow and tried to wipe off some of the blood from his blade. He then stood up, two wolves remaining, Kiru better not screw this up.

ID: 6738  Bd:8  Bleeding Triggered...  Md: 4  Loot: 1

Snow Wolf: 1/12

Snow Wolf: DEAD

My cheeks burned bright with embarrassment when Arek finished off one of the pesky wolves in one blow. Though it was already down some health he still was confident in his attack. My face turned red with anger quick enough though. He was making a mockery of me. Why?! Why does he need to rub it in that he can do more damage than I can..wasn't winning the duel enough. It didn't mean anything to me, and it still doesn't, but wasn't that enough? I thought and held my dagger tight enough to make myself bleed if I wasn't holding the handle. I stood over the top of the wolf that I attacked earlier and stabbed downwards, silencing it. This. This is why I need to get stronger. It took me three hits to kill it. I need to be stronger. Such a cliche goal but I have to if I'm going to hold my head high when doing jobs with Keith! 

ID 6740; BD 4+2=6 (+3 shiv +1 ATH +1 Base= 5 Damage)

Kiru 86/86

Arekkusu noticed that he was being stared at angrily. He remained calm. "You act like I try to do it on purpose." Arekkusu said as he crossed his arms. He sat down on the snow and rested his head on his left fist as he held his blade to his side. "This is a sign of my hatred... This weapon... Anything it touch's dies, even if I don't want it to. What, do you want me to lop to the side and draw on a rock?" Arekkusu then stabbed his sword through the ground and picked a giant chunk of rock from the ground. If only he had a chisel from his garage to sculp with. "I don't give a damn if you ignore me." Arekkusu said as he looked at the rock. "You aren't my friend, you aren't my enemy, so I have no reason to hate you. So just kill the stupid wolf."

I let out an extremely loud exhale and glared at Arek with my arms folded as well. That's because you do it on purpose. If you had any self control you could have walked away by now and left. Anyways why are you still here? The remaining wolf was still laying on the ground from when the other wolf had knocked into it. I walked over to it and dealt the final amount of damage before it dissipated into tiny pixels that spiraled to the sky. If you have no reason to hate me then why do you always act like you do? Every time you are around me or I'm around you, you tend to get in my way and insult me. I wiped my dagger off onto my clothes and put it in it's holder out of sight. I looked ahead of Arek and began to run away onto the path. I had defeated enough monsters by now for it to appear, I just had to find it now. 

ID 6742; BD 4+2=6 (+3 shiv +1 ATH +1 Base= 5 Damage)

Kiru 86/86

Arekkusu looked up to see Kiru after she made her point. Then Arekkusu made his point as she was walking around. "Because that is all I know when I talk to people who are like me... When I was me in the past..." Arekkusu said as he hung his head down. He put himself up and looked at his blade, it lost its blood. "Why do you think I'm so pissed off all the time? For fun!? I hate how I was on the past, and it just so happens that when I talk to you, I feel like I'm talking to him! Happy? You talk and act like me when I was young, I hate my younger self. You got your explanation."

Arekkusu walked towards the mountains, this time he didn't care what mobs came in the way... But now he actually felt bad... He hated someone, even when he denied it, for reasons he probably shouldn't have hated someone for. He looked at himself through the reflection of his blade, does he do this with everyone? He continued walking, the guilt slowly eating away at him. He had to get over his obsession with his grudges... So he stopped where he was at. "Look Kiru... I'm sor-" Arekkusu then felt the ground shake below him. Now wasnt the time!