(OP-F4) A Streak Of Blue Among All Of The White

Drake walked merrily through the snow with no real goal. As he walked, he drew his claymore and swung it in several circles, wishing he had his jacket that he had requested. His scarf trailing several feet behind him, he started to whistle a song he had heard as a kid about the color blue. Drake loved the color blue, unless it wasn't obvious, and fully intended to cloak himself in it eventually.

Floor 4... the best floor there was. At least to Air it was. If it wasn't for all the annoying players that roamed it as if they were little kids then it would be perfection. Alas, things never worked for her, and there were many people that inhabited her beloved winter wonderland today. She frowned more than usual and her eyebrows pointed down in the same fashion they always seemed to be in. A glare was flashed with her cold blue eyes anytime someone stared at her to greet the girl. 

Though she did find herself interested in a flash of blue. Blue was her favorite color other than pink, after all. Her clothes were blue, her eyes were blue, and of course it stood out among the crowd of white snow and plain colors. She stared at the person who'd caught her attention with an intent to go speak to him, but with her personality Air decided against it almost immediately. Instead she leaned against a wall and waited for the action to hit her like it usually did. Air made sure to keep her eyes on the person. Who wouldn't feel her intense glare? Hopefully it's not just another annoying player encounter. She shivered at the thought of bumping into a female named Pyro. I'll just retreat if it is.

Nothing but white, as far as the eye could see. Not a single inch of this place was free from the ubiquitous snow. And yet somewhere along this flawless blanket of white lay a single figure half-sunk and rather worn. "Where am I?" For a moment he thought himself a dead man, seeing nothing but white all around. Dispelling the idea, a single flake lazily drifted into view and fluttered about in the gentle breeze until finally come to rest upon his face. It didn't melt, it it was simply quite cold. But seeing the flake had given him idea of where he now was. In his journey to discover the secrets of this world and the progress they could bring, he'd entered the fourth floor of Aincrad in order to gather information, but had gotten caught up one of the area's notorious blizzards. He reached up with his arm, thankful not to see any signs of gangrene, or any sort lasting damage for that matter. Content, he freed his remaining arm from their snowy encasement and pulled himself out. He slowly rose to his feet and surveyed the area, then frowned. "I can't even see my footprints anymore. How long was I out for?" he wondered. He rolled his shoulders and stretched his frosty limbs before cupping his hands and blowing against them. "This game might not let me actually die from the cold, but it sure as hell doesn't feel that way." He shivered and wrapped his arms around himself, cursing himself for not having considered the possibility of getting lost here.

He made his way toward a snowy hill in the distance, and upon reaching the top, spied a long blue scarf blowing in the wind. More importantly, the scarf was of course, attached to a player. He cupped his hands together hoping it would carry his voice further (Would that actually work in the game? He had no idea.) and yelled, "Hey, you down there! Yes, you with the obnoxiously large sword! Mind if I come down? I'm thinking I might be just a teensy bit lost."

Ariel was in some random spot at the 4th floor, searching for something through the snow storm. For that purpose she borrowed the Blue Robe of the Sea God, she made a day ago at the shop . She needed a specific material for one of her orders, a pair of dual fire boots that were for Arekk. Quite a strange place she chose to search, right? in the middle of a snowy hell/paradise, depending on each person's preferences. But the snow didn't bother her much, she quite enjoyed it.She was searching for a dire wolf to slay, she heard from her teacher, while under [Tailor] training, that the best material for dmg mitigation items was the Dire Wolf's hide. So that was the reason she was wandering around aimlessly.

After a while she finally spotted a lone "Dire wolf", as soon as she verified it's the mob she wanted she started running towards it, hoping to surprise attack it. The hit landed successfully, stabbing the wolf in its back. But it sensed her when she was running towards it and it charged at her, successfully landing a attack as well.

ID: 6866  BD: 6 MD:7

Ariel: 14/15

Dire Wolf: 4/8

Shinex just got into the fourth floor from the teleportation area. He was still getting used to his new armor. This thing is just so light. Hopefully my dodging will be much better. It didn't take long for Shinex to head off into the snowstorm. He would use his forearm to cover snow from getting into his eyes. Don't know if the snow will affect me in the game, but I ain't gonna risk it. Shinex wanted to start fighting some mobs again. Lately he's been fighting boars normally for quests. I heard there is maybe some snow tigers around here. Don't want to go back to fighting boars and wolves. Shinex used the snow as cover from mobs if he saw one. He eventually found a snow tiger all alone and unsheathed his sword. He crouched down and snuck towards it to get ready to fight. He noticed some Dire Wolves around the area, but this tiger was what he wanted.

Drake looked upwards as he heard someone yelling at him, and saw a faint outline of a man, or woman, Drake wasn't sure. Drake waved his hand to let them know he had heard them, even if he hadn't understood what they had said, and gestured for them to come closer. He turned his body to the wind, and laughed when his scarf blew into his face.

Azide doubted the other player could actually hear him, considering the wind was likely carrying his voice in precisely the opposite direction. But rather than simply leave as he was inclined to, he made his way down to the streak of blue among all of the white. "Nice to know I haven't gone colorblind," he thought. Upon reaching the base of the hill, he slowly approached the other player, before stopping a short distance in front of him. Azide stepped forward. "So now that you can actually hear me, I just thought I'd clear the air and point out the size of your ridiculously large sword." Feeling a particularly cold wind rush by, he tugged on his own scarf and straightened it accordingly. It wasn't nearly as majestic or blue, but then again he wasn't that vain either. "Anyways, now that we've gotten that out of the way, I don't suppose you might be heading anywhere in particular? Admittedly I'm not too familiar with the area, so I was thinking it'd be convenient if you let me tag along for a while. Just until the storm lets up, or something interesting happens." He paused, hearing the distinct shriek of a monster in the distance, then turned his attention back to the blue-scarfed player. "I don't know about you, but I think I'll go check that out. Feel free to tag along!" And he went speeding off.

Drake shrugged indifferently, "It's just a one handed claymore, man. Nothing too big." As the player ran off, Drake shook his head and followed, thinking that they were either crazy, or just really bored. It didn't matter, Drake was going to participate in whatever was thrown at him. Taking off, he soon caught up to the player, and as he ran by his side, said, "So what led you to call out and catch my attention?"

Seeing the other player match his pace, he looked over and threw out a hearty thumbs-up. "Right on! That's the spirit!" He turned his attention back toward the white expanse before him, and rather than turn down his current pace, dialed it up just enough to slowly start widening the distance between the two. Without turning around, he called out to the player again. "I might be pointing out the obvious here, but we're surrounded by nothing but snow as far as the eye can see. Nothing wrong with a friendly little race, right?" He felt himself shiver, knowing the warmth he felt while running wouldn't sustain him long-term, but cast the thought aside. "Call me an opportunist or whatever, but would you believe you're the only person I've seen around here? It's not exactly a metropolitan area, so after seeing that blue thing around your neck, I figured I'd fare a lot better with someone who actually knows the area." He cleared his throat. "And hopefully, that's where you come in." Suddenly, he heard another call in the distance which sounded distinctly similar to the one they'd heard prior. "Say, you wouldn't happen to recognize the monster producing these calls, would you?"

ID: 6909  BD:10 MD:6 LD:9

Ariel: 13/15

Dire Wolf: -2/8(dead)

Loot: 1 Material

Ariel shrugged, this wolf were more ferocious than those at the 1st floor. She charged at it again, she had a difficult time gaining momentum with the tall snow everywhere. But that applied to the wolf as well, its charge was significantly slower than the ones below. They were at striking distance of each other, Ariel thrusted her black rapier forward, aiming at the wolf's forehead. The wolf suddenly leaped towards her, trying to evade the blade, but he got struck as Ariel immediately adjusted her aim and hit its forehead with pinpoint accuracy. But she could not evade the large wolf, as it came flying in the air towards her. She got knocked out of her feet falling on her back and taking damage from the large mass that just hit her. Pushing the dead wolf aside, its figure shattered into dozens a polygons leaving behind only a item.

• Rolled a 1 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Shinex: 15

Snow Tiger: 8

Shinex whistled when he was closer to the tiger. The tiger turned around and tried to bite Shinex. It completely missed due to the snowstorm. Shinex sliced to his left then right which caused the tiger to stumble back. It shook its head and glared at Shinex. It then roared causing some mobs to run away. Chances are some nearby players could have heard it.

Snow Tiger: 5 (-3)

ID: 6910 MD: 6

ID: 6911 BD: 8

The tiger charge Shinex and clawed his torso. Shinex had trouble seeing through the snowstorm causing the attack to hit. He only stumbled back. He upgraded his Light Armor skill so the attack was weakened. Shinex raised his blade and went for an uppercut slash then sliced downwards. The tiger took a few steps back and shook its head again. It was obviously angrier.

Shinex: 12 (-4)(+1)

Snow Tiger: 2 (-3)

The pick the item and sees that it was a "Dire wolf's hide". With a couple of hand gestures she summons her inventory and stores the item. She was about to change to the HUD map but then she heard a growl..."Please let it be my stomach" she silently prayed and slowly turned around.

"Oh censored.... srsly?" she mumbled in a low voice as 2 more Dire wolfs were approaching her in front of her. She didn't knew what to do..to start running or to fight. She then spotted with the corner of her eye a [Good] Monster Grenade, she took it out the crystal and starts charging towards them and throws it at them. Then she starts running towards the closest one striking it while it is distracted.

ID: 6912 BD:7 

Dire Wolf 1: 4/8(1/2 rounds distracted)

Dire Wolf 2: 8/8(1/2 rounds distracted)

Ariel: 13/15

(ID 6926: BD 3, MOB 5)

Drake had to increase his pace a little bit to regain ground, and as he passed the player, said, "No clue what it was, but it sounded closer. C'mon, let's go." He kept on running, and eventually, stumbled to a halt, seeing a familiar player, the one who had made his scarf for him, fighting two dire wolves. Drake swore and said to the player who he had been running with, "Man, we gotta help her." Drake drew his sword and charged at the nearest wolf, staggering at the last moment and unfortunately missing. He kicked it away, but did no damage. The wolf attempted to snap at him, but Drake had backed out of it's range. Two wolves and three players, should be easy enough.

DrakeWing 11/11 HP

Azide 7/7 HP

Ariel 13/15 HP

Dire Wolf(1) 4/8 HP

Dire Wolf(2) 8/8 HP

"Way ahead of you!" Seeing the scarfed player suddenly overtake him, Azide decided to try to match his pace once again and caught up after a quick burst of speed, albeit they soon stopped dead in their tracks anyway. "Either he's pretty fast or I'm just getting slower," he thought. He looked out ahead only to be met with the sight of two dazed dire wolves surrounding what looked to be a lone female player. Azide nodded at the scarfed player, then drew his sword as he watched the player's swing miss the closest of the wolves by a hair. He readied his own sword, then ran forward and attempted to land a strike against very same wolf, only to miss himself as it leapt out of the way. "Damn it, thought I had him!" He turned toward the girl and gestured toward the pesky creature. "Well, batter up."

ID: 6937

BD: 5 (miss)

Damage = 0

DrakeWing 11/11 HP

Azide 7/7 HP

Ariel 13/15 HP

Dire Wolf(1) 4/8 HP

Dire Wolf(2) 8/8 HP

In the midst of battle Ariel sees a familiar face leaping towards the wolfs she just threw the grenade at and miss. Then she saw another guy near her age at his side that dashed at the same wolf missing as well. She then thought "My knights in shiny armor huh?" then she engaged the wolf that was still distracted by the crystal. Luckily their swings didn't disturb the wolves. She leaped towards the same wolf she attacked earlier but before she could land a hit it moved closer to the crystal, trying to investigate it.

ID:6941 BD:5(so close)

Ariel 13/15 HP

DrakeWing 11/11 HP

Azide 7/7 HP

Dire Wolf 1: 4/8(2/2 rounds distracted)

Dire Wolf 2: 8/8(2/2 rounds distracted)

((OOC: this is the last round after you guys are done the wolves will start attacking. even if you get MD >6 this turn they won't attack back))

• Rolled a 5 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.

The tiger let its rage take it over. It tried to charge Shinex, but the attack was pretty easy for him to dodge. Shinex jumped and rolled back as the tiger would try to claw him. It eventually stopped for an unknown reason. Shinex raised his sword and waited till the snowstorm blurred the tiger's vision. He would then slice through the tiger and listen as it shattered.

• Rolled a 1 on the d20 (loot) dice.

No loot was given to Shinex which disappointed him. "That tiger was pretty strong. If it wasn't for my Light Armor skill I would have taken a bunch of damage." Shinex sheathed Razor Cutter and ran off a certain direction. The tiger roared in the middle of battle and he didn't want to deal with more. The snowstorm would blur his vision as he ran, but he didn't seem to care. He stopped running when he noticed two wolves and three players. He started to walk towards them and wondered if they needed help. As he got close enough he started talking. "I know you guys have a 3v1 advantage, but just in case" Shinex unsheathes his sword from his side. "I'll attack if you need it."

(OOC: My apologies for not posting like I should have been. Commitment is key after all. I hope you don't mind)

Air had been watching the whole time, too scared and too nervous to decide on whether or not she should attack. After a few minutes of messing with the bow in her hair she grabbed her rapier and unsheathed it, twirling it a few times to get the hang of movement before rushing over to a wolf to attack.

ID = 7019 Battle Dice = 9 Craft Dice = 4 Loot Dice = 3 Mob Dice = 8 

She rushed towards the closest wolf, focusing on her aim and position before swinging the steel blade at her target. Hopefully she hadn't scared the others into thinking she was another enemy. As she swung a white streak followed her sword's movement and when the weaon made contact with the wolf, the animal burst into crystal shards while letting out a howl in pain.

(1 base damage+ 1 critical hit+ 1 life steal+ 1 skill point)

-Party-

Air 14/13 health points

Ariel 13/15 health points

DrakeWing 11/11 health points

Azide 7/7 health points

-Enemy-

Dire wolf 1 0/8 health points {dead}

Dire wolf 2 8/8 health points {2/2 rounds distracted}

Shinex watches as yet another player joins the battle. Man, this is just a one sided massacre. As much as I want to help, they really don't need it. Shinex sheathed his sword and watched the fight with his arms crossed. Only one wolf remained against 4 other players. I should probably watch out for other wolves in case they'll join the battle. Shinex would look around the area to see if there were anymore mobs. Chances are the players that are fighting are wondering what he's looking for. Shinex wouldn't be surprised if more wolves came to the area due to the fight. He didn't want people to die so he now watches and waits.

Azide hopped out of the way as something rushed past him, feeling both relieved and also disappointed to see it was another player and not a monster. "Hey, I'm not asking for three week's notice or anything, but a little warning next time would be nice!" he remarked, as the wolf shattered into pieces and faded away. "Just one more left." He turned around upon hearing yet another player approach, and gestured for him to come on over. "We practically have enough firepower here to invade a small country, but you might as well join in on the fun," said Azide with a shrug. "And if anybody wants to cry about how unfair this is, they're free to do that later." He looked over at the remaining dire wolf, which stood dazed and hopelessly surrounded.

Ariel wanted to attack but saw that other 2 guys joined her in the fight. With one wolf and 5 player this poor fella was having a REALLY bad day. She chuckled at the thought and then said: "My knights in shining armor, huh? Thank y'all." then she started laughing and continued."Okay, show me what you've got." she sheathed her black rapier, her cheerful tone disappeared after he heard the browned haired, rapier user's words. "I'm grateful for your help, but I don't enjoy abusing wild animals. Even if they are just computer generated images, I want to believe they are here for the noble purpose to help make us get stronger, not hunted for sport." She then crossed her hands and just watched the others, feeling a bit relieved that she didn't had to fight the 2 wolfs ...correction, remaining wolf alone. She started looking around while keeping the fight in her line of sight.

((DrakeWing & Azide are next to roll, since I left that order in my previous post, Air cut in line but its no problem. Also @Air, please include as loot for the ((wolf you slayed, 1 material("Wolf's fur") since it was mob that meet minimum requirements to drop loot and material has 100% drop rate.