[F1-Open Party] The Phantom Agent Makes An Appearance. [Completed]

"Alright alright this next song is for all us players playing this game. But first... Bartender! Go ahead and toss that bottle of rum over here!" I yelled across the bar.

"Catch!" The bartender said as he tossed the bottle in a perfect spiral. I caught it and drank about half before I set it on the ground. All while still keeping my wierd un-breaking balance. I began strumming perfectly now a song I've been wanting to try for a while.

"Oh won't you tell me? Please just tell me, explain how this should work..." I began singing with my eyes closed.

"Well now who could it be? That lives inside of me..." I continued singing feeling a tear fall down my left cheek.

Weirdly this is also the first time I've cried in the game. Up until today I was all smiles all the time. Now here I am throwing glasses in anger and crying while singing a song. It's gonna be one hell of a night.

I scoffed at the obviously mistaken player as my eyes lit up with amusement. Strike you down? I probably could end you with one hit but I'm not like that. Ah, I see. Just because I'm a level forty, I have a bad attitude, and often I scare people, does not mean that I go around killing them. I'm a Maverick Hunter, I hunt the murderers then if they don't cooperate, kill them. At the last words I spoke, a memory came back to me. Just recently I had been in a battle along with Keith facing against a dangerous Maverick. The fight made us lose above half health each and had many wounds. Keith lost his hand and an ear even. We warned the other player but in the end our kindness resulted in nothing. The player stabbed me in the back which came to his death. I clenched my hands into fists and glared at the player with red hair. You shouldn't go around daring people to kill you, that just might be the end of you. Oh and if you forgotten, we're in a safezone. I couldn't kill you even if I wanted to. I said, flicking my eyes towards the player singing, this song was actually one I liked. 

Baldur hated all the talk of PKing, but Kiru was right. Being that she was level 40, it wouldn't be a problem for her to wipe someone out and suffer no consequences. She was one of the strongest people in the game right now, if she wasn't bluffing about her level. But he just kept his silence and sipped on his sake. People were treating life too insignificantly around here, but then that was easy when all you ever knew was the first floor, or had never been close to death. When he finished his cup of sake he waved at the player behind the bar once again.

"A warm glass now please."

He watched the bartender was an appraising eye. He was probably low level as well, but he served a function here. There were many people who contributed to the clearing of the floors, the progressing of the game, to getting them all out of here. There were ways to do that without combat. This was just as essential. If you were in life and death situations constantly without any stress relief... well.. he had seen the effects of many players who snapped and couldn't take it anymore.

He leaned in close to the woman and looked at her in the eyes "That's the point. Did i look like I was flinching?" His expression was serious, he understood how the game worked. He read the rule book, he researched the technology, he came in fully prepared, so why was he going to pretend as if he was going to be scared of someone attacking him when they couldn't do a single point of damage to him. "Another thing is that i don't do things i know i'll regret." In a sense it was true, there where plenty of ways to stay safe in this game. In the end it all came down to intelligence, not strength. He also wasn't going to put himself in the position where he'd be grovelling for his life either. If someone wanted they could just let the others carry them through the game. That's what most who where to afraid to do anything did anyway. Joshua meant what he said when he said that he didn't plan on staying in this game. The way he'd go about it was up to him to decide. Maybe he'd meet someone that he could converse with properly. The blonde seemed to be rather quiet now, maybe all the drama was to much for her too. 

As he leaned in closer my glare intensified. This man was just asking for it. You can't damage another player at all in a safe zone but the pain is still there. It's like your'e immortal in a way. You keep getting hurt but you never die in a safezone, convenient? From personal experience I can tell you that the pain is certainly not lessened in a safezone when your chest is impale with a spear. I spoke rhetorically, just kind of blabbing now. He probably already knew that, mostly everyone did. No one dared to hurt one another in a safezone though, the guards would be there in a split second if anything happened. Then, his next sentence caught my attention. And that's the difference between the two of us. I do things all the time I know I'll regret, that's just what I do. I make my actions according to the people around me, but mostly for myself. I only care about a handful of people in this game so I don't regret anything major. I closed my eyes and leaned away from him, suddenly taken by the smell of alcohol everywhere. It was enough to make me pass out.

After the song ended I backfliped off my cutlass and picked up the bottle of rum. I slung my guitar back over my shoulder holstered my cutlass and walked over to the bar to join the other players.

"Hey take it from me dude you don't wanna piss this girl right here off." I said to the guy with red hair.

"Oh man I remember the day we met, hahaha isn't that right Kiru?" I continued to say as I put my arm carrying the rum around Kirus shoulders.

The rum is definitely kicking in now. Maybe it's the fact that I consciously know this can lead to my death but I'm doing it anyways. If there was anyone I truly feared in SAO it would be this girl right here next to me. Also I don't think there's any other person in SAO with hair as soft.

Of course Joshua knew that he could still feel pain, however that was another perk to him. Joshua was stoic, he could endure a lot more pain than most without even complaining about it. He slid off his chair and straightened his red vest dusting off his pants while he was at it and reached into his pocket instinctively expecting to find cigarettes like he normally would irl, however he had non on him in the game. His cravings had subtly crept on him, he sighed and checked the time again, it was getting close to dark. "Right.. As much as i'd love to stay and chat about pointless things all day. I've got business to attend to. After all I'm not going to progress if i sit at the tavern all day doing nothing will i. Maybe i'll even be useful on the front lines. Depends on what i feel like. Ciao Kiru" He didn't give his username but he had heard a number of other from the other players. It was an interesting experience, but not one he was in any hurry to go through again. With that he waltzed outside of the tavern, the difference in the freshness of air could be felt as well. SAO was definitely not just another game.