[F1-Open Party] The Phantom Agent Makes An Appearance. [Completed]

Nemesis had kept to himself for awhile now, he had more or less figured out how the systems mechanics worked. There was just one aspect of the game he still needed to test, that being the social aspect. He walked inside the first floors tavern and ordered an ale, he wasn't the type to overindulged in anything however when it came to alcohol, it was near impossible for anyone to drink him under the table. The game had a strange effect on Joshua, almost as if most of his cares vanished. He was here to test the technology, not play the game but now that he was trapped in it he just simply thought 'Why the hell not', to him there was no point whining about it, and it wasn't like there was anything important that needed to be done. Joshua was a freelance inventor, a genius in robotics, once he escaped the god damned game he could simply go back to selling million dollar cybernetics, he was close to having all the parts and knowledge needed to create a completely functional spine that could give quadriplegics new life. He was slightly upset the game didn't have a game in game type of thing. It would have been interesting to play black jack with SAO themed cards of some sort. The tavern was rather empty, all the other players must have focused on leveling up, but what was the point in playing a game if you weren't going to take time to enjoy it? 

The door to the tavern swung open with an abrupt creak. In strode a blonde of medium height, dressed in full battle gear. Despite her heavy armor, she moved with impressive speed and grace; evidence of many months spent wearing her equipment. Paying no mind to the other player, Lessa closed the gap between herself and the bar in a few long, hurried strides. As she climbed atop the barstool, and let her gauntlet-clad arms collapse on the hard wooden surface, the barkeep emerged from a back room. He was another player, who had chosen to focus on his profession rather than clearing floors. Though he was still a level one, and he had seen very little action, Lessa found herself envying him.

"You're back," the other player commented, stating the obvious.

The young woman scowled, then gave a soft sigh. "You know," she began, eyeing the man, "you make me sound like an alcoholic when you say things like that."

"I said no such thing," the barkeep countered, though his brown eyes held traces of laughter.

"You didn't have to." The man slid a tankard of ale toward her, and a silence fell between them as she took a long drink. When Lessa finally came up for air, the barkeep shook his head.

"I know you only come in here when you've had a bad day," he told her, voice softening, "and you've been in here a lot lately."

The Guardian considered his words in silence, then realized she could not argue with him. "You're not wrong," she told him, her own voice growing quieter.

Joshua's eyes darted to the door of the tavern as it opened, a swift roll of wind swept through tavern and under his bar stool. It was a woman, not the first person he'd expect to meet in an MMO, no less in a tavern. She began to converse with the bartender and he lifted a careful brow at what was said. He tried not to smirk, at the statements and looked back down at his glass taking a prompt swig of ale. He cleared his throat and tilted his head in her direction, still facing the bar, his red hair shifting with the sudden tilt "I would ask the term 'Do you come here often' but i feel as though that would sound rather flirtatious and hinting towards the notion of always drinking your troubles away" He let a sheepish smile escape as he turned his head towards her this time, looking at her directly with his blood red eyes. This of course, was not how he looked in real life, but after spectating the effect the mirror had on everyone he thought it was best to keep his real identity under wraps. "So, what's eating ya?" 

Finally I had the brilliant idea to get messed up in a videogame! I mean Ive had alcohol IRL at parties and such but I mean I'm underage IRL so, it couldn't just go out and buy some. I walked into the tavern making sure the door didn't swing and hit my guitar on my back. As I made my way to the bar my mind was racing to see what I was going to order. I finally decided on getting some rum as I sat in an empty stool.

"Hey barkeep you got any captain Morgan?" I asked the bartender while lightly knocking on the bar.

"Uh.. No." The bartender responded while looking under the counter.

"Bacardi?" I asked quickly.

"No, but ah we do have Malibu!" The bartender said as he held up the white bottle that seemed a little bit too copyrighted to be able to be in this game.

"Do you have any rum that doesn't taste like it's made for toddlers?" I asked trying to make a joke.

"Uh... I got some kind of cheap SAO brand spiced rum." I bartender said holding up a grey bottle.

"Alright that'll do! Pour me a glass!" I said as my am excitement returned.

The bartender poured some into a glass with some ice and slid it across the bar to my seat.

"Ha! Total Tom cruise I gotcha!" I joked as I picked up the drink and took a sip.

I finally noticed two players having a conversation to my right. At first I thought better leave them alone but then I thought better share my story.

"You know... A good friend of mine died today, Zarryn, pink hair feminine face i don't know if you knew him or not. I found out not too long ago he died to a boar. Can you belive that? The lowest level creature taking a life." I casually said then took another sip.

Baldur pushed open the door to the bar and walked in. He had unequipped his armor since he was in town and was perfectly safe, but he kept his sword at his hip, simply because it felt the most comfortable there. As he walked through the bar his left hand just rested causally on the pommel and he took the seat next to XWuZHeAR, though the game didn't let you see what another person's name was unless you were in a party with them. The blue clad player leaned forward on the bar on his elbows and smiled at the bartender.

"I'm sorry about your friend," He nodded to the kid next to him. Baldur was taller than most people in SAO, being that he was American and stood roughly six feet tall. He was also older than most, and since the helmet displayed their real face, it was obvious to others he had left his teen-age years behind a long time ago.

"I think that's an unfortunately common story. We lost thousands of players in that first month and hadn't even cleared the first floor."

As the stranger addressed her, Lessa gave him a weary glance. He was a level one, which was not an issue by itself. But the woman had spent the better part of the day working with a rude, thankless newcomer. Her sense of duty was tried repeatedly, as was her patience. Finally, when the man had thrown up his hands and announced he was done, she had let him walk away. Later, she would reflect on the matter, and decide that she should have chased him down and forced him to learn; everyone who hoped to leave the safe zone needed to know how to handle their weapon. But his constant complaining, and blaming her for being a bad teacher, had worn her down.

Now, she worried that this low-level player might ask her for help, and endure her wrath despite being entirely innocent. Instead, his words pleasantly surprised her. Offering the stranger a small smile, she answered, "nothing out of the ordinary. Just trying to get by, I suppose."

The girl's gaze moved away from red-head as another newcomer began to speak. His story was hard to listen to, as Lessa had lived through it herself. Frowning, she found herself wondering how the player could be so nonchalant as he spoke of death. Probably just trying to cope.

"I'm very sorry about your friend," she told him softly.

Joshua snorted at the kids story "Died to a boar did he? How careless" He would have said more about the kids stupidity however he wasn't the type to say things that may come back to bite him. "I suppose Kayaba didn't care much for newbies. I hear the combat is rather brutal" He sighed slightly annoyed, it was one of those situations that provoked his anger "New players should at least know what they're doing before they try it. Try as i may i find it difficult to offer sympathy to those who rush to their death. A person should always value their life over petty rewards" He quickly finished his ale and ordered another and turned his attention back towards the woman. "Aren't we all?" He joked. "To be honest I'm more worried about how long it takes for the hospitals to cut off our life support. They can't keep us alive forever" He felt as though many of the players here didn't realize their situation well enough, the sooner they get to floor 100 the sooner he could get on with his life.

I got up and threw the glass against the wall which shattered into a bunch of blue crystals. Then I silently sat back down and ordered another drink. I chugged this one down in less than a couple of seconds.

"He wasn't some dumbass newbie." I began saying as I tapped on the table for another drink.

"He was probably the first person I met in this damn game who's head wasn't totally f*cked." I slowely said as I took a sip of my drink.

Zarryn was the first newbie I took under my wing and invited to the guild. We had a great short time together. He was so nervous about people not liking his pink hair. I continued to gulp my drink down in less than a few seconds. I ordered another and slowely saw empty glasses begin to pile up.

"Just for the record..." I said as I finished my current drink and ordered another.

"I expect you to go the same way." I said while taking a sip of my new drink.

Lessa threw her hands up in the air, already exasperated. "Enough!" she barked. She had come to the bar looking to escape the bickering, but she had landed herself smack-dab in the middle of another stupid argument. Next time, she would take the extra few minutes to travel to a bar on a higher floor.

"You," she began, first turning to the red-haired stranger. "Best not speak ill of the dead, alright? We are all in this hell-hole together. Each one of us should be striving to help others, not tear them down. If you care to be so judgmental, why not spend some time training these new players? Certainly, they could benefit from your expertise." Though her words were dotted with hints of sarcasm, she was too worn down to grind him any harder.

"And you." Now, she turned to face the man who had lost his friend. "There is no need to make a mess of the bar. I'm sure the barkeep does not appreciate you destroying his glasses." Lessa paused long enough to glance toward the player behind the bar, who gave her a small nod of gratitude. "I am truly sorry about your friend, but that is no excuse to wish the same fate on another player."

With another sigh, the woman in the silver and pink armor settled back on her bar stool. "Can we please try to act our age?"

Joshua shook his head and laughed, "I don't think i'll take your word for it. If i die to a boar then i deserve to be dead" At this point he didn't feel as though his words would have any real repercussions. Joshua never reacted well to other peoples emotions, he always used logic.The woman shouted, she seemed to be over all the drama. It made no difference to him though, Joshua was strictly anti-drama. he smirked at the woman's comment "He's a kid, I'm sure he is acting his age. I say let him be, his loss isn't our problem now is it? So why make it" He kicked off the bar stool and waltz over to the piled glass that shattered on the floor, he took a broom from the janitors closet and swept it up making sure that no one would injure themselves from it. Once he was done he put the broom back and sat down as if nothing happened and sipped away at his ale, seemingly lost in thought. "Even if we're stuck in this 'hell-hole' together. That doesn't mean i have to comply or work with or show kindness anyone i don't want to" 

I opened the door to the Tavern with a hard push. The door swung open and hit the wall surprisingly, I expected the door to be heavy. I quickly covered up my mistake and shut the door quietly. I made my way over to the bar but stopped dead in my tracks. Lessa? I said with an astonished look on my face. It had been weeks since I last saw her at my Holiday party. Then I recognized another face but was totally blanking on the name. If I was correct, he got down on his knees and pleaded to me one time. A smug look crept onto my face as I walked over to the nearest stool and took a seat. Just as I did so, the barkeeper asked if I wanted something to drink. He offered his finest ale but I shot it down immediately. May I just have a water please, I'm afraid that foul liquid will never enter my body. After receiving my water I looked over at Lessa and the other three males, there was definitely a negative vibe coming from them. Might I ask why I sense murderous intent? Did someone lose to a game of checkers again? I asked, grinning slightly. 

Baldur was surprised when Lessa shouted, but he had been growing irate with the red haired player as well.

"Blonde-sempai is right. Whether he was a kid, or a newbie or not, he didn't deserve to die. No one chose to be in this situation." he kept his voice calm, but it took effort to keep the emotions out of it.

"We are stuck in this hell hole together, and if you ever want to get out of here, then you need to comply AND work together AND show kindness to others, or you're gonna find yourself alone at best, or stuck here forever at worst. It's only through cooperation that we have a chance to get out of here."

Baldur took a deep breath to calm himself.

"Speaking bad of the dead only demeans you, and all the people who die to try and get us out of here."

" I hope you know your sweeping up data bits. The durability of that glass is about to run out." I said as the glass bits shattered into little bits of data shards.

I ordered another drink and began chugging this one down just as hard as the others. I looked over at the girl who is trying to calm things down. Blonde hair pink and silver armor.

"I'm sorry Im usually not the angry type." I said as I returned my gaze to my glass.

It's true I think that's the first time I truly expressed anger in this game. I mean shouting at people and cussing was mostly for comedic effect. I tossed this drink back in a hurry and ordered another one. The empty glasses bothered me so I made a pyramid out of them. While taking a sip of my current drink I oppened my menu and removed Zarryn from my friends list as it became hard to look at.

"Hey il have another." I said as I finished my drink and another one came sliding down.

Joshua noticed another breeze roll through the tavern, a rather beautiful woman walked in and sat at the bar "Murderous intent? Perhaps not. I don't think a lust to take another persons life should be confused with an annoyance for foolish players" The other man spoke and Joshua simply scoffed "I did not say he deserved to die. I do not know the boy so how could i judge whether he should live? However a man of my intelligence dying to a boar? Please. I don't mind being alone boy, i'd rather be kept company by a cold ale then whining children" He chugged down some more of his ale "And i don't need people telling me who i should comply with, i know my position well, better than most of you. I don't plan of staying inside this game at all" He huffed and closed his eyes for a moment before opening the HUD checking for the time. The SAO community seemed to be rather idealistic for people knocking on deaths door.

Baldur shook his head. The man had inferred anyone who died to a boar deserved to be dead, but he wouldn't argue semantics with the man. What really bothered him was his hypocritical attitude to people who were out there fighting to get, when he sat in here, pretending to be above it all.

"If you don't plan on staying inside of this game, then you should be more appreciative of the lives spent trying to beat the game, or should learn to cooperate with others so you can take part in the assault team. You're just a hypocrite otherwise."

Baldur waved to the player who was behind the bar acting as bartender. Had he missed that profession? Maybe it was a subset of skills under the cooking profession.

"Cold sake please."

I looked up from my empty glass and ordered another. After I took another sip I looked over at Kiru who had just now entered.

"Hey! Kiru right? Oohh man I love you." I said as the rum seemed to kick in.

I just love everything right now life is good even though were trapped here. I looked down at my guitar which I had set in my lap. I suddenly had the great idea to play a song for everyone.

"Hey bartender mind if I uh..." I said as I held up my guitar and pointed at the small stage in the corner.

"Ha! All you kid!" The bartender said as he refilled my glass.

I chugged this glass down and ran over to the stage.

"Ok ok I don't usually do this drunk." I said as I stuck my cutlass in between the wood boards and began balancing on it.

The alcohol strangely hasn't effected my insanely steady balance. I cracked my fingers and began thinking about the song I wanted to play.

"This is for a friend who couldn't be here today." I said as I began playing the right cords.

"Don't worry, about a thing..." I began to sing as my balance strangely kept strong.

Joshua's eye twitched, this man appeared to be older than the rest of them but just as aloof. He would have lost his temper if not for the pointlessness of it all "Whatever you say old man." A person could participate in floor battle without working as a team, they didn't have to even speak a word. Besides, who would complain about an extra sword to help out anyway? Joshua was sure there where many others just like him, not caring for pleasantries, not caring about another persons opinions or their input. He would live his life the way he wanted to and no one could tell him otherwise. If he could get off his feet after his father disowned him, he definitely didn't need anyone's approval. His attention turned to the kid again, drunk off his ass. He finished his ale and ordered another "Lightweight". Joshua could handle his liquor well, he was on his 4th drink and felt as though he had drunk a mug of cold water.  

Baldur signed at the red heads arrogant attitude, but if he was going to let the arguement die, so would Baldur. He didn't want to argue here either. He came here to relax. The kid's strings were a bit sloppy because of the <<Drunk>> debuff, but having music that wasn't the BGM to listen to was pleasant. The bartender brought his sake by, and Baldur picked up the small box and sipped from it, but felt a spike of annoyance when the red head berated the player again.

"Hey, it's a game. Different alcohols have different status effects. Your constitution IRL doesn't effect how quickly or slowly you get drunk, only the alcohol you drink."

He shook his dark mane and went back to the small box and drank another sip. He cast his glance to the side over at Lessa. She looked familiar. She had helped he and Tyger out when they were still new, but for the life of him he couldn't remember her name.

I turned my head slightly to address the red head.True, very true. Those two feelings aren't meant to be confused but at times like these, they can be felt at the same time. Oh and would you look at that, I'm directing those exact emotions towards. I suppose you're the kind of player who nags on everyone to do something, yet, does nothing? That would be just sad. I smirked and ran my fingers through my two-toned hair. This player seemed way too relaxed, maybe it was the result of drinking the foul smelling liquid. A slight yawn escaped my mouth as I stretched my hands upward towards the ceiling. Upon hearing my name, I looked over. I bit the inside of my cheek and glared to the player who's name I still couldn't remember. Well, I don't love you and I wish you would get some common sense. Your such an idiot...I said as he walked upon the stage with a guitar and began to sing a familiar tune. 

Joshua tried not to laugh, the man was as clueless to the games system as the rest of the players. Sao was heavily based off the skill and potential of the player, Kayaba wanted it to be as realistic as possible, it was even the reason why he put the mirror in everyones inventory, the reason why he used the nerve gears technology. He wanted to create a whole new world, not just an MMO, but what was the point in trying to explain that to people who insist on being ignorant and point the finger at others to call them ignorant. "Then why am i not drunk right now? hmm?" He skulled the fresh pint and decided enough was enough, though the alcohol didn't effect him he wasn't the type to over indulge. His ears then perked as the young woman spoke again "Then strike me down. Unlike some people when i say something i mean it. I don't enjoy people telling me what to do as i previously just expressed. So why would i tell others what they should and shouldn't do?" He began to grow tired of the player base, they all seemed to feel as if they where morally superior in every right. Perhaps, it was better if he was alone after all.