[OP-F1] Rainbows!!! And New Friends

Alyss was still quite new around Sao and had not even left the starting area as of yet, it had been some time since they arrived, but she been walking around town helping out the young and scared.

She was a little over average in height and quite slender for her height, she had not yet told anyone her real age, cause she was scared that it would scare away people.

Cause after all she was quite old to be playing video games, but she was a game reviwer after all so she did get payed for it not much but a little was also money.

But this game had already showed her that it was not just a normal game, the first day they arrived ended up getting her stuck in this game with a bunch of others, where she felt like she needed to take care of the young onces. Alyss was taking a rest at the pond in the city of beginners and was looking towards the sky, seeing the rainbows dance over the skies it was as if this world was actually real and not just a game.

She came to the pond almost same time everyday cause it seemed as if there was always a rainbow on the sky at this time, and yet she had not seen a single other person notice it yet, it was maybe cause the other was way to busy fighting and trying to rush to there death, she had still not been out fighting a single time, it did make her a little scared knowing that there was someone that could kill her if she did not beat it first.

So she had been in the city all this time trying to meet people and get some friends to go on adventure with so she would not be alone out there her first time.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was taking my usual track around the city rooftops. Then suddenly I could swear I spotted a rainbow. Having my curiosity peaked I changed courses and even had to swing myself around a pole to get closer to this rainbow thing. Suddenly a building came up I knew I could clear but I tried anyways. I ended up grabbing onto a ledge and began to climb up the side. While climbing I started humming the spider-man theme song. When I finally reached the top I ran forward chasing this rainbow. When I noticed at the other end of the building it was a clearing in the city with a pond at the middle I decided it was too late to back out now. I leaped off the fairly high building and aimed my body for the pond. I did about half a flip forward and landed in the pond on my back. It was a safe zone so I didn't get hurt. I came up from the water and noticed a woman standing by the pond.

"Oh! I'm sorry did I getcha wet?... Oh! Not that way! I mean with the water. F-from the pond!" I said coming out of the pond and feeling my face grow red.

Alyss had heard the steps that was out of pace from the others since it was rare for anything new to happen, so she had heard some weird noise but not sure it came from as was just looking up at the sky.

And to her own surprise being soaked from top to toe the next second as some brat came out of the pond as she looked at him with a smile "Your a witty one mister, but why jump into the pond in the first place?" she said not angry, more curious about why he had jumped into the pond since she had not seen where he jumped from.

"You owe me for soaking my cloth" she said looking at him and giggles softly not really minding kids since this world basically would be one big playground for them if they did just stay inside of towns so the monsters would not attack them.

The young looking black haired woman was just standing there soaked from top to toe in her crappy starter gear, at least her cloth was black and not white that would have been a mess.

After fighting her first fights with two people she now considered friends, she was feeling a bit more confident in her ability to travel through the city streets, and explore nearer to the edge of the safe zone. Maybe she'd find some shops to browse. Some people to talk to. A beautiful rainbow arching across the sky as she approached a pond... Whoa whoa whoa, what? Olivia stopped walking and looked up to the sky, blue eyes glistening as she watched the rainbow shine. It's... Beautiful...

Having never been to the pond before, the young girl was amazed to see it. "Wow..." Was all she could say. After a few moments of watching it, her gaze turned to the pond; more importantly, to the girl sitting at the other side. She looks like somebody I could talk to, she thought to herself, as a smile touched her lips. Just as she had worked up the courage to talk to her, and begun to walk around, a flash of color zipped by and landed in the pond, sending water everywhere.

"Eeep!" Olivia exclaimed, her thin frame darting back as she tried to avoid the splash. And failing. Her face, which had been scrunched up with surprise, relaxed and she grumbled as she shook her head. "What was that...?" She soon found it, a boy, who was now approaching the girl and speaking with her. Where did he come from? She wondered, skitting her way around the pond nervously as she moved to stand a few feet away from the two. "Hello there," she murmured, simply, observing that the two of them had also been drenched. What a way to start the day, she thought, shivering.

When I finaly got out of the pond I stood closer to the woman who I turned out to be taller than. Granted I was an American and 16 so I put together that she must be older if she talked to me like that. I took my guitar off my shoulder and tipped it over letting the water drain from the hole.

"I'm really sorry about making you wet. With the pond water! I mean!" I said nervously shaking.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw another girl walking up and saying hello.

"Oh did I get you wet too? I'm sorry!" I said to this new girl walking up.

I then took my cutlass holster and opened it and tipped the water out. After I finished draining the water I fixed the handle back to my belt and slung the guitar back over my shoulder.

"If you guys want we can go bother my buddy for some free coffee. He kinda lets me have whatever I want as I play free shows at his cafe and get him lots of customers." I offered to the girls standing in front of me.

Alyss looks at the guy as he did talk about how he had made her wet again, and even this time he did still say it in a wrong way as she smiled

"You still owe me brat, for soaking my cloth, but the free coffee is a start to make it all better" she said as she heard the voice of some young girl.

She looked to her side and saw the young girl also soaked and giggled softly.

"So this brat also made you get soaked?" she said looked at her

Luckily for Alyss her weapon was not equipped since she was in town it was not needed there so it had not got any water on it.

"I'm Alyss by the way, happy to meet both of you should we let this guy lead us to the cafe and find us some blankets so we dont get sick, while he explain why he jumped into the pond in the first place"

"Some coffee would be nice," Olivia said, a bit surprised at how easy it was to speak to these two. Helps they aren't ignoring me, she observed. "Wh-what were you doing jumping i-into a pond, anyways?" She asked of the so-called "brat." Olivia hadn't seen where he had come from, but if she had to hazard a guess, he would have jumped in from one of the buildings... Was that the best way he could make an entrance, was getting two girls all--

Oh, my stars... She just realized the context of that sentence and blushed, bringing her arms up to cover her chest just in case. "N-ne-nevermind!" Olivia chattered out. Half embarrassed, half cold. For some reason. Let's just get inside and warm up a bit... That ought to help. "You can call me Olivia, it's a pleasure to meet you, Alyss... Now can we please get inside?"

"You guys can call me X better than brat dontcha think? Now about that coffee the owner is a good friend of mine!" I said as I began walking and leading them to the starlight cafe.

I had realized I was still soaked in water and the owner would be mad at me but it didn't matter. Me and this owner are fairly close now so me making him mad is actually a part of our friendship. The cafe wasn't that far from here. I decided to start doing a little acrobatics on the way such as cartwheels and handsprings. Partly to dry off and partly to show off.

"I'm a performer if you can't tell and part of my whole stick is my acrobatics and stunts. I also play covers of songs from the real world. Anyways I've gained reasonable fame doing this, it's actually pretty amazing. That and I usually get to talk to cute girls after the shows!" I explained to Olivia while changing my stunt and now walking on my hands.

The starlight cafe was across town but I could keep this up all day if needed.

Alyss heard Olivia say her name and smiled "Happy to meet you Olivia, and sounds like a good idea since it is quite windy out here" she said and walked over beside Olivia to get in between her and the brat as he finally said his name X as she wondered what kind of name that was.

"Yeah lets get moving X, lead the way" as she followed X down the streets as he soon started doing all his stuns it did look quite scary, and some of em even stupid, and finally it appears to him stopping trying to impress the two girls,

then he just started talking instead something about him being a performer and pretty girls after the shows as he was eying Olivia. "Olivia watch out near that guy, he already soaked you once, and i almost feel like it was on purpose he did it just to get to meet actual girls instead of those in his imagination" she said to Olivia as the three kept on walking one on his hands the other two soaked and walking on there legs.

Olivia grinned and followed X along as she did her best to dry off. She rubbed her forearms with her hands, held her arms close together, and did a few hops to try and warm herself up. Luckily, a few acrobatic moves was all it took to take her mind off of the cold. What on earth...? She wondered, observing the various twists and flips he did. How does he stay balanced like that...!? The explanation soon came, and she smiled at the other player's show... And blushed at his... Was it a compliment? She couldn't tell. "Well, you perform very well... I think... I don't know how many performers there are... Honestly..." Gritting her teeth, Olivia tried to find a better way to follow up on that. But couldn't.

The cafe came into sight, and Olivia wanted to race up to the front doors as quick as she could. Maybe, if she was lucky, there would be a warm fire, and some delicious--she tensed up as Alyss leaned down and whispered in her ear warning her. Soaked me once? Girls in his imagination? She doesn't mean...! Her arms wrapped around her chest tighter as she let out a small whimper. It was a bad decision to pick white cloth as starting clothes. She only hoped that this boy, X, would be kind enough to let her preserve her modesty. "I-I'll... Keep that i-in m-muh... Mind..." Why does this have to happen TODAY!?

I opened the door to the cafe and made eye contact with the owner on the other side of the counter. We exchanged smirks and he began speaking first. "Well this wouldn't be the first time X brought a wet girl in here. Although it is a first for two and it more in the literal sense."

"Dude shut up! Anyways you know the drill, free! What's on the menu today?" I said back to the owner.

"Ah hahaha alright well today you and your guests can have some of this 'sacred tea.' it actually taste like warm mtn dew pretty damn good!" The owner said while pouring three cups. I walked over to the counter and sat on a stool then took a sip. The warm drink was actually pretty good it's simply warm non fizzy mtn dew.

"Ah man you guys gotta try this it's amazing!" I said to the two girls I walked in with.

Alyss looked at Olivia's soaked white cloathing and giggled softly "So should we get inside ?, hopefully the Owner got some blankets you can borrow to not get to man gazes" she said and went inside of the Cafe with the two.

As she heard the owner talk and mostly just ignored him since it made him seem like an old pig, she took a place at a table and as the owner came down to place the three cups Alyss looked at him with a smile and said "Don't you have some wine instead?, i would much more prefer a glass of wine then what was it you called it Mtn Dew" she then leaned back and looked around the cafe and smiled at the other customers, it was easy to see what they were looking at and it was Olivia, Alyss took of her shirt which was basically just a jacket with only a back and sleeves, as she did give it to Olivia to help her cover up abit, "Here use this Olivia"

Ariel was at the cafe's bar, after finishing her work for today and closed the shop on the 4th  floor she decided to go to the "Starlight Cafe" that was on the 1st floor on a whim. She was casually sipping out of her lime iced tea when she heard a familiar voice coming from the entrance, it changed a couple of words with the owner. But the parts "X brought a wet girl" and " first for two" caught her attention:

"It couldn't be the same X, I know... right?" she then turn towards the source of the noise and sees the same X she knew, stepping into the shop, soaking wet. With 2 girls behind him, "Where did they get like that, I didn't hear it rain outside." she thought while looking out the window, it was as bright and sunny as when she arrived a half an hour ago. She then turned her gaze towards the glass in front of her."Almost empty huh? guess i'll go say hi and maybe join them, if they want to that is."

And with that thought she summoned her inventory and payed the bill, then started walking towards the 3. Remembering his behaviour from last time Ariel addressed X first saying:

"Hey long time, no see! Where did you get yourselves wet like that???" then she turned towards the girls greeting them with a smile:

"I'm Ariel, nice to meet you. I hope you're not like that because of this dude." She then noticed the girls were wearing basic equipment.."new players huh? what do you plan to do with them? guess i'll stick with them a little " she thought.

((Ariel's appearance in the signature, she is 21 years old and 5'7" feet/170 cm tall.

Wha--this isn't the first time!? The idea of X being a lady-killer wasn't an appealing one. With a shaking head and squeezed eyes, Olivia hoped that he just liked diving into water a lot. "U-uhm... Yeah, let's... Let's just try to avoid being..." She was interrupted as X gestured for her to sit at the counter with him. She only did so for long enough to grab her drink, still blushing furiously as she remembered Alyss's words. Men's gazes!? What a bunch of... Her frustration in the situation only increased when she noticed the look the bartender was giving her. Or rather, her shirt...

Gaah! This is so embarrassing! She accepted the drink with a small bow and scurried after Alyss, sitting down quickly and ignoring the fact that she was being teasted by X Olivia simply gave Alyss a small, "Thank you," as she tried to make herself comfortable. With a tentative sip, she tasted the drink. Warm, and as X had said, similar to... Who's this? Olivia suddenly wondered, as a new woman approached. Long blonde hair, blue-and-black dress with a black sash, some fancy looking boots... They don't look like they belong around here! Though she wanted to greet the woman, her question threw her off. She looked down into the drink as she sighed, trying to focus on Alyss for the most part.

Baldur had been enjoying a nice cup of green tea when the boy he had seen the other night getting drunk out of his mind burst into the shop like he owned the place. He was loud, and drenched from head to toe as if he had gone swimming.

Good. I wanted to speak with him about the other night.

But Baldur's train of thought was derailed suddenly when a woman and a young girl walked in behind him, both in their starting gear and drenched from head to toe.

What in the world...?

X then proceeded to ask for free drinks from the owner, and then lounged about one of the tables as only an american teenager could. He would have considered the actions rude, but he seemed to have a good rapport with the owner, and if the shopkeep didn't mind, then it was no place of Baldur's. The two women, though, looked miserable being drenched like that, and the young girl had the unfortunate circumstance of being dressed all in white.

The large warrior stood up from his table, his armor was unequipped in town to try and not make for an intimidating look among those who were mostly low leveled. Instead, he wore basic black starter clothing, with the addition of his blue leather long coat and his Katana, Tsurugi, which was ever present at his side. His left hand rested casually on the tuska as he wove between the table and approached the boy. Baldur himself was American, and stood six feet tall making him one of the largest people in the room.

"Ohiyo." He greeted the table, but another woman, a warrior, stepped up to the table and greeted them with more familiarity. Baldur simply stood there and let her say her peace before he greeted them again.

"Ohiyo." He gave those assembled a small bow of greeting. He turned his attention to X, and spoke his next words in English.

"Hello. I was hoping I would run into you again. I wished to speak about what happened... last night at the bar." Baldur's eyes took on a sad cast as he remembered the kid talking about losing his friend.

I took another sip of my drink and looks over at Olivia who was acting shy. I brushed it off and took another sip. I looked at who was talking it was ariel.

"So I take it you must have been waiting here for me considering no one comes for the crappy cafe food." I joked at ariel.

"Hey it's good food I swear!" The owner pleaded as he sorta took the joke to heart. I motioned for him to calm down while laughing. Well I haven't played my guitar in over an hour seems like I should.

"Alright il play as long as Olivia over there gives me a request." I joked while rolling back outta my chair.

When I got up I saw Baldur and he wanted to ask me about last night.

"Haha my friend I do not remember much although I'm pretty sure I started playing this thing here as I'm gonna do now!" I said jokingly looking up to Baldur.

Baldur nodded solemnly to the kid. If he didn't remember much, it was just as well.

"Very well. I wanted to apologize for trying to fight your battles for you." He was going to offer condolances as well, but his blue eyes surveyed the table of woman, and he realized that it would be bad form for him to ruin such a lively mood. He would leave well enough alone. He had gone to the bar last night to try and rest, and had instead gotten into a debate trying to defend the kid. This, however, was much more joyous situation, and it took some of the weight from Baldur's heart. Immediately his disposition changed, and his face split into a wide grin as he switched back into Japanese.

"Excellent! I look forward to hearing more of your music! Just please, keep it upbeat."

His blue eyes suddenly went wide, "I almost forgot. I never introduced myself, last night or yet today. I am Baldur, it is nice to meet you all." He smiled and nodded to each of them. First X, then Alyss, then Ariel, then Olivia. The poor thing looked so cold and miserable, as if she wanted to just disappear.

Ariel was about to reply to X's bold words, but then she heard a uncommon greeting from behind. uncommon in the way that it was said in her native language. Turning around she saw a not-so-asian guy in starter clothes. She decided to return his greeting with a simple:

"Konichiwa, I'm Ariel. Guess this guy made some problems for you as well, huh?" then with a few hand gestures she activated her inventory and pulls out 2 neatly folded Items that she had from her shop. Handing a red coat to Olivia and a large black scarf to Alys while saying:

"Before anything else, they need to dry up a little, here have these. Consider them a present and a sample from my shop:D"

-gave Item1 to Alys, free of charge

temScarf of vengeance

Item type: Light armor: Scarf
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancement: +1 Life Steal
ShopThe Lion's Den
Description : A black scarf that has the color of obsidian, it has a high density despite being very light.

-gave Item2 to Olivia , free of charge

ItemRed Coat

Item type: Light armor: Coat
Quality : Uncommon
Enhancement: +1 Dmg Mitigation
ShopThe Lion's Den

Description: A red leather coat made from boar hide that protects its user from light attacks. Covering the whole upper body.

She then turned towards X not forgetting his remark, she said in a sarcastic tone:

"Yeah, you got me I've come here to teach you a little about fighting and discipline, on my free time after closing the shop."

"Huh... Wait, what?" Momentarily snapped out of it, she looked up to X and furrowed her brows. "Uh... Something. I don't really have any requests... " Not much of a musician herself, Olivia didn't really have any suggestions for the guitarist. Especially not as shaken as she was about... About what? Being teased like this, but I should get used to it. These are nice people, at the least... Alyssa's nice, X is... Well, he seems very carefree, but he got us some drinks. That's nice too... Olivia hummed to herself, taking another drink from her cup, sighing.

Her eyes widened as she saw a blur of red from the corner of her vision. Olivia glanced up to see the blonde handing her a coat. "Ariel, was it?" She asked, outstretching her arms to accept the coat. "Thank you..." The shivering girl quickly wrapped the coat around her white cloth clothing tucking it around her as she tried to warm up. "It's... It's very lovely! Thank you for this, but uh... I don't... I don't mean to impose. I can pay you for it when I can." Even if Ariel had given it to her for free, it still felt wrong to accept something like this from another stranger. With a few taps, Olivia had pulled up her HUD and equipped the item, officially accepting the gift.

- Olivia accepted the Red Coat

Needless to say, she wouldn't let something as simple as her selfless nature and a few wet clothes get in the way of acting cheerful. She perked up a bit and began to pay more attention to everyone. X's instrument playing, Ariel's joking, and most interesting of all, another newcomer's introduction. "B-Baldur?" Her lips echoed, as she returned Alyss's jacket to her. "It's nice to meet you. I'm... I'm Olivia." The frail girl nodded to Ariel as well, since she had forgone introducing herself to the generous lady. With that out of the way, she asked, "What exactly happened last night?"

Baldur nodded and smiled at Ariel. He had heard of her, and now had a face to place with the name.

"No, he made no problems for me. Rather, someone else was harassing him." He explained by way of the young girl's question about what happened last night as well.

"It is nice to meet you, Ariel. And you as well, Olivia." He smiled at her more broadly now that she was modestly clothed. His own blue haori hung loosely around him except where the last foot of his saya stuck out the back.

"But I do not wish to interrupt such a pleasant gathering between friends, I merely wished to apologize to the boy and to introduce myself, as I had forgotten to and never caught his name." Baldur's smile was easy and broad, and its honesty shone in his eyes. Where he had been so serious and formal a moment ago, now the set of his shoulders was relaxed and his voice calming.