[SP-F4] A Frosty Companion for a Warm Heart <<Feeding the Enemy>>

Oikawa seemed to fin himself on the fourth floor quite often. Between random adventures and sporadic quests, he seemed to end up on this floor more than any other. In real life the snow and cold would have bothered him. But here in SAO, the white fluffs became a sense of comfort in world surrounded by death a wavering happiness. The latest boss had just been defeated with Zelrius dealing the final blow. Wanting to get a fresh start on the newest floor, Oikawa decided it was time to get a familiar. He had heard that the quest had recently been unlocked, right be fore the death of the Molten Hydra. To him this was a sign that familiars may very much play a role in the coming floors.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Searching around the frozen town known ironically as Snowfrost Town, Oikawa was having no luck finding the gypsy that was suppose to be frequenting this floor. He searched all around town before finally deciding to take a break in a small bakery by the name of Rainbow Sweets. Taking a look inside, he was quite impressed with the selection of decadent sweets offered by the place. He walked around. Briefly stopping at each display of chocolate, cake, cupcakes, and various other sweets, he decided that he would purchase a snack or two. Selecting a <Chocolate Box> from the menu, he made a few quick swipes and dispensed 150 Col to the girl behind the counter. He thanked her and exited the bakery.

(Will make this purchase IC in the shop.)

Oikawa was met with a strange sight as he exited the shop. Not more than a few feet away from him, stood or hunched rather, a darkly cloaked figure. He slowly approached the character until an NPC name flashed above them. <Familiar Gypsy> ? Ah, finally just who I was looking for. Oikawa walked up to the gypsy and politely asked. "Would you just so happen to be the gypsy that gives the familiar quest?"

Turning around the cloaked figure, croaked out an eerie reply. "A familiar is what you seek, I can show you the way, you get one attempt, for a 15 pace delay, you must feed the creature, by the end of the day, to report on floor 2, there I will stay." The gypsy then swiped a few times in the air, as a quest notification appeared within his line of sight. 

Quest Name: <<Feeding the Enemy>>

Quest Location:  Anywhere

Quest Description: 

If you feed a monster, it may become tamed and accompany you on adventures, and sometimes even help you. However, taming a familiar is very rare, and you may even be damaged by the familiar. Use caution. This quest can be taken on any floor.
Requirements and Rules: 
-Must buy a common food item
-Must RP at least 2 pages
-You may have assistance, however only one player will receive the familiar
-Does not count toward benchmark
-Not repeatable unless previous familiar is dead

Rewards:
-The title “(Insert beast’s type name) Tamerâ€
-A familiar (possibly. View chart below.)
-1 extra Skill Point

Familiar Results:

When feeding a familiar, you have one chance to tame a familiar every 15 posts. That means you may only roll the loot die for the familiar on the fifteenth post. If you don't want a familiar that you tamed without buffs, you may kill it and continue searching. Use the loot die to see if you do. 

[1] Ouch! The mob attacks you and deals half of your health in damage, then flees. You may not tame the familiar now.
[2-10] The mob is not interested. 
[11-18] Success! You have tamed a familiar. This familiar must be smaller than a large dog and cannot add buffs or support you.
[19+] Success! You have tamed a familiar. This familiar must be smaller than a large dog and adds a buff like an Uncommon Item. Must be approved by a GM.

EXTRA: If you had a familiar before this quest, you may have them as companion with no buffs or support mechanisms. Or, you may take your familiar and turn them into an Uncommon item. This item could be a feather, a jewel... just little trinkets.

Accepting the quest, the notification box disappeared. Along with the gypsy. Guess I have until the end of today to get one and bring it to her on the second floor.

Oikawa headed off towards the rumored Glacial Cove. He followed what seemed to player made trail of trodden snow. The white crystal continued to fall as he continued along the path. The deeper he seemed to go the more the wind seemed to whip up. The wind picked up tot he point of becoming a real small scale snowstorm. Oikawa brought up his menu. He knew he was gonna need some luck so he unequipped his shield and equipped the <<Treasure Hunter's Ring>> instead. Sure he just lost all of his damage mitigation and 1 extra point of damage, but hey if it meant he had that much greater of a chance in succeeding he was okay with it. 

Oikawa soon arrived at  snowy clearing. A location sign signifying this was indeed the outer area of Glacial Cove. Looking up, he could see a crystal structure protruding from the snowy fuzziness that was the snow surrounding himself. Taking a deep breath, Oikawa stepped into the snowy field. He plowed through snow as he reached the first cave of the Glacial Cove. He stepped inside and was rather surprised that the inside of the cave had little to no snow covering any parts of the ground. He took a look a round. He noticed that several emerald and sapphire ingots grew in clusters throughout the cave.

At least now I have something to do while I search for a beast to tame.

Oikawa approached the first cluster. This was an emerald ingot cluster. The crystal material glowed as at sat waiting to be excavated. Unsheathing his rapier, Oikawa attempted to mine the ingot cluster.

[9234] LD: 4 (2 + 2 LD)

The attempt was a drastic failure as all he managed to do was just destroy the material. I have to get better at that. Heading up to the next material, he heard a faint yelp in the distance. It lingered in the air before dissolving into nothingness. I wonder what that could've been...

Thrusting his rapier, Oikawa attempted a second mining of ingots. This particular cluster happened to be sapphire. A beautiful blue crystal that served to make jewelry and even better weapons and armor. His blade made contact with the ingot. Slowly he whittled away at the excess cluster surrounding the main material.

[9247] LD: 4 (2 + 2 LD) 

"You gotta be kidding me" was all he could say as he removed his blade from the crystal to see he had in fact ruined it again. Son of a Kobold Prince. This is aggravating. How do people even mine or gather materials? At this rate I'll collect a whopping 0 mats and have no familiar. 

The resounding sound of another yelp field the ears of Oikawa, as it echoed off the cavern walls. What the bloody hell is that? This time he decided to ditch his mining efforts and follow the noise tot he source. Heading deeper into the cave, Oikawa paused every so often to listen for the yelp again. As he neared the entrance to another level of the dungeon, he could now here various barks and roars. Those aren't regular dog barks. That sounds like wolves and the roars are much to feral to be small cats..

Walking slowly down the steps, Oikawa was caught off guard by the scene before him. A pack of about 6 <White Wolves> were holding, what seemed like, a snow leopard cub hostage from two adult snow leopards. Well I don't know what the leopards did to piss the wolves off, but even I know if something stole my child I'd want help. Jumping down to the floor, Oikawa eyed the two leopards then turned to face the wolves. "Let the cub go and I won't have to kill the lot of ya." Oikawa exclaimed as he drew his rapier.

<White Wolf> 12 HP / 2 Damage and 6 HP / 1 Damage

Current Equipment: Fast Stinger: +2 DMG, +1 PAR / White Wolf Coat: +2 ACC, +1 EVA / Treasure Hunter's Ring: +2 LD

Stats: 24 HP, 6 DMG, 2 ACC, 2 EVA(Block)

The wolves seemed to have no intentions of handing the cub over. The 3 closest wolves engaged in battle first. The furthest 3 sat back and kept the cub from running back to its parents. Oikawa eyed the wolves and decided that he'd attack each wolf. Sure he might take more damage but hey there's a kid on the line. Even if it is a random animal kid. He took sight of the White Wolf 1 and launched his first attack. Lunging for the wolf's chest, Oikawa missed by a few inches. Wolf 1 then pounced on Oikawa's back. Throwing the mutt aside, Oikawa set his sights on the next wolf.

[9254] BD: 4 (2+2 ACC) CD: 2 MD: 6 (8-2 EVA) @Wolf 1

~Oikawa~

22/24 (-2)

~White Wolf 1~

12/12

~White Wolf 2~

12/12

~White Wolf 3~

12/12

~White Wolf 4, 5, and 6~ STANDBY

6/6, 6/6, and 6/6

Wolf 2 darted back in forth before trying to take snap out of Oikawa's arm. Evading the lunge of the wolf, Oikawa danced with the beast, Blocking blows left and right with his rapier. Waiting until the opportunity presented itself, Oikawa continued to parry the creatures strikes. Finally the chance came. Right when the wolf lunged in air, Oikawa spun around and thrusted his blade right through the torso of the wolf and flung it aside with the momentum of his blade.

[9255] BD: 8 (6+2 ACC) CD: 7 MD: 2 (4-2 EVA) @Wolf 2

~Oikawa~

22/24 (-0)

~White Wolf 1~

12/12

~White Wolf 2~

6/12 (-6)

~White Wolf 3~

12/12

6/6, 6/6, and 6/6

Wolf 3 was the most cunning of the first group. It waited until Oikawa had his back turned to it and then attacked. Jumping onto the players back, the wolf sank to fangs into the player's shoulder. Oikawa reached behind himself and through the wolf over his head. The reaching back, he slammed the tip of the rapier right into the wolf's shoulder blade area. "An eye for an eye you mangy mongrel. Gripping his shoulder he prepared for the next wolf's attack. 

[9256] BD: 7 (5+2 ACC) CD: 5 MD: 7 (9-2 EVA) @Wolf 3

~Oikawa~

19/24 (-3)

~White Wolf 1~

12/12

~White Wolf 2~

6/12 

~White Wolf 3~

6/12 (-6)

6/6, 6/6, and 6/6

Wolf 1 had pulled itself together and came crashing towards Oikawa. The wolf lunged at Oikawa. Jumping on to his chest and knocking him to the the ground. Using the blunt of his rapier, he kept the wolf's bites at bay. Getting a foot under the wolf, Oikawa booted the wolf off of him. Then he rushed at the wolf. Jabbing a few times at the wolf, he left red circles all along the wolf's snout and upper chest area. "You lot aren't half bad. I'm actually kind of having fun."

I need to wrap this up. The remaining wolves look a little smaller compared to these 3. Hmmm... let's speed things up a bit.

Jumping forward Oikawa went to the still downed Wolf 2 and attempted to finish it off. Striking the wolf's side, Oikawa let out a small victory yell. He quickly collected the loot from the dead wolf and went on the defensive. He still had 2 full grown wolves and 3 wolf pups to deal with.

Just be patient and stay confident.  He mentally told himself.

[9258] BD: 9 (7+2 ACC) CD: 7 MD: 1 (3-2 EVA) @Wolf 1

[9259] BD: 11 (9+2 ACC) CD: 9 LD: 12 MD: 1 (3-2 EVA) @Wolf 2

[9260] BD: 4 (2+2 ACC) CD: 2 MD: 0 (1-2 EVA) @Wolf 3

~Oikawa~

19/24 (-0)

~White Wolf 1~

6/12 (-6)

~White Wolf 2~ DEAD

0/12 (-6) 

~White Wolf 3~

6/12 

6/6, 6/6, and 6/6

[Oikawa- The Faint received 1 Wolf Pelt (material)][Oikawa-The Faint received 60 Col]

The pair of wolves got up and slowly approached the player. Snarling and snapping their jaws, the wolves both lunged for Oikawa at the same time. Oikawa spun so he slash straight through Wolf 3. As it fell apart into crystals, Wolf 1 latched itself onto Oikawa's already injured shoulder and took a bite. Flinging his shoulder downwards, he slammed the wolf into the ground and then disposed of it with the final thrust of his rapier. Panting heavily he collected his loot and rushed over to the remaining wolf pups.

The pups having seen what the player did to their guardians ran off without a second thought. Oikawa then walked over to the leopard cub and picked it up. He carefully brought the leopard over to it's parents and laid it in front of them. The leopards pawed and licked at the cub, then suddenly the cub glowed for a bit. Oikawa instantly new what it meant. This cub had the chance to become a familiar.

Scrambling through his bag he pulled out the chocolates he had purchased earlier. Now if you'd been a dog we'd have some problems little fella...

[9264] BD: 12 (10+2 ACC) CD: 6 LD: 13 MD: 7 (9-2 EVA) @Wolf 1

[9265] BD: 10 (8+2 ACC) CD: 5 LD: 2 MD: 0 (1-2 EVA) @Wolf 3

~Oikawa~

16/24 (-3)

~White Wolf 1~ DEAD

0/12 (-6)

~White Wolf 2~ DEAD

0/12 

~White Wolf 3~ DEAD

0/12 (-6) 

~White Wolf 4, 5, and 6~ FLED

6/6, 6/6, and 6/6

[Oikawa- The Faint received 2 Wolf Pelt (material)][Oikawa-The Faint received 60 Col]

Reaching down Oikawa petted the cub. Scratching a little behind his grey fluffy ears and stroking the grey and black spotted fur on his back. The little leopard had sapphire blue eyes and was only about as big as a bulldog. Finally mustering the courage, Oikawa opened the chocolate box. He unwrapped the first individual chocolate and held it over the leopard's mouth. At first it seemed skeptical. Pawing and clawing at the fingers that held the chocolate over it. Eventually the cub opened its little mouth and Oikawa dropped the chocolate into it.

[9301] LD: 21 (19+2 LD)

The small snow leopard grinned at the sweets box and pawed at it. "You want more buddy?" Opening the lid, he let the little grey feline have at it. Oiakwa then turned to face the two adult leopards. They each placed one paw forward and bowed. In an awkward way, Oikawa felt honored and as such returned the bow. The two leopards then walked over to the cub, licked it once more and bound off for the depths of the cave.

"Looks like you're my responsibility now huh? I guess I should start with a name."

[Oikawa-The Faint received 1 Familiar and gained the title: "Snow Leopard Tamer"]

Hmm what should i name the little guy. Well although he seems like a prince of the leopards, he has the makings of a king. A king at my side. I think I can definitely call him King. Oikawa looked at the cub and hovered his hand over him. "So how do you like the name, King?" The cub's ears perked up at the sound of the name. Pawing at the empty chocolates, King nodded its head. "Alright so your name will be King and apparently you love chocolates. Oikawa brought up the name box above the cub's head and changed <Snow Leopard Cub> to <King>.

"Alright King, if your gonna be my companion we have to learn to work together. If you do well I'll treat you to more chocolate" Oikawa said as he shook the empty box of chocolates. The cub purred at Oikawa's suggestion. Tousling King's fur, Oikawa exclaimed, " Glad we can come to an agreement. Let's go get some basic training. Simple commands and some combat. Ready?"

The cub purred again and followed Oikawa as he headed back towards the first floor of the icy cavern. The cub seemed very smart. It picked up on human language pretty simply and followed command pretty easily so far. Oikawa would test it's limits though. Especially in combat. But first they'd do some mat collecting while learning the basic commands. Once they reached the first floor, Oikawa had King follow him to and ore cluster.

"King, this is an ore cluster. I need materials like this to forge weapons, shields, and armors for other players. Will you help me mine these?" King nodded his head. Oikawa then gripped his rapier and thrusted at the cluster.

[9932] LD: 18 (16+ 2 LD)

The cluster exploded and the material slid a few feet away. " King, can you grab that for me please?" The leopard cub bounded off and grabbed the ore in its mouth. It tried to eat it at first, but gave up when it realized it couldn't chew it. The cub dropped the ore in Oikawa's outstretched hand and tilted its head. "This is called <Fetch>" Oikawa explained as he held the material in his hand. "When I say <Fetch> this is what I mean okay?" The cub nodded its head and pawed at its mouth. Oikawa took the hint and gave King a small piece of bread.

[Oikawa- The Faint received x1 Emerald Ingot (material)]

Spotting another cluster Oikawa attacked this one as well.

[9936] LD: 14 (12 + 2 LD)

This cluster didn't yield and materials but it was still the perfect time to teach King another command. Walking to the leopard, who had just finished his bread, Oikawa patted his head. He then lightly pressed the cub's backside to the floor. "King, this is <Sit>. When I command this, please make this position. Can you do that for me?" King seemed to take this command a little less seriously, as he sprang back up and walked around.

"King, <Sit>!" Oikawa commanded. The cub looked at him, then tilted its head to the side. "Come on King, <Sit>." The cub finally got it and sat. Oikawa walked to the cub and patted him. "Good job!"

No sooner had he got King to sit, Oikawa felt something different in the air. Turning around, his suspicion was right. Two <<Frost Golems>> had spawned near them. "King <Stay>!" Oikawa didn;t have to explain that command as King understood it perfectly. Oh no! What if he's afraid of battles? Given his previous circumstances, I can see that being a thing. Oikawa closed the gap between the golems and King.

"Well are we just gonna stand here all day, or are we gonna fight?"

<<Frost Golem>> HP: 12 *3 DMG

~Oikawa~

16/24

~Frost Golem 1~

12/12

~Frost Golem 2~

12/12