[SP-F4] A Frosty Companion for a Warm Heart <<Feeding the Enemy>>

Oikawa didn't give the golems a chance to react as he rushed at Golem 1. Gripping his rapier, he made the first move. Since I still have this ring equipped, I don't have my shield. I'll have to be extra careful. Let's see.. these creatures seem to move pretty slow. and they're wielding battle axes. I need to keep clear of those things. Jumping forward, he thrusted his rapier right at the golem.

[9943] BD: 8 (6 + 2 ACC) CD: 5 MD: 3 (5 - 2 EVA)

Golem 2 [9944] MD: 2 (4 - 2 EVA)

He connected on his blow. This sent the first golem crashing to the floor. Golem 2 swung hard at the distracted player. Oikawa was quicker though as he backed up towards King, evading the blow. " Still good King?" The leopard purred and laid down. "Alright I'll end this soon."

~Oikawa~

16/24 (-0)

~Frost Golem 1~

6/12 (-6)

~Frost Golem 2~

12/12

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oikawa watched as Golem 1 picked itself up and roared. Feisty one that is. Golem 2 rushed the player once more. The golem swung wildly. Oikawa timed the swings and evaded the blows. He easily recognized the attack pattern. Taking advantage of it, he waited for the golem's downward swing attack. Once it came, he side-stepped the strike and thrusted his rapier into the shoulder of the golem. He inflicted critical damage and managed to paralyze the creature. Golem 1 was next as it came thrashing across the cavern. Oikawa simply dodged it's blows and kept it at bay.

I have to keep them away from king. He's not battle ready and I want to keep him out of harms way. Oikawa then pushed the golem back with a few parry like moves. 

"Lets end this shall we?"

[9946] BD: 12 (10 + 2 ACC) CD: 3 MD: 0 (2 - 2 EVA)

Golem 1 [9947] MD: 4 (6 - 2 EVA)

~Oikawa~

16/24 (-0)

~Frost Golem 1~

6/12 (-0)

~Frost Golem 2~ PAR 1 TURN

4/12 (-8)

Oikawa looked over his shoulder to check on King. That lazy cub has went to sleep. Haha that's a bad habit but I'm sure he'll break out of it. I hope... Oikawa focused on the battle in front of him. Since Golem 2 was paralyzed for the time being, the player focused on Golem 1. Dashing forwards, Oikawa was met by a surprisingly quick strike from the creature. The axe sunk into the players off arm, as he forced himself to continue on.

A surprisingly low deep growl filled the air when the axe made contact with Oikawa. The player looked to see where it came from. King had risen from his sleep and his sapphire eyes begin to glow. Suddenly the golem staggered back as two thorn like spikes appeared in it's chest. Just as quickly as they appeared, they dispelled into pixels. The golem's HP went down. Oikawa was amazed at King's power. He didn't have time to admire it though. Sending his rapier right through the confused golem's head, Oikawa collected the dropped loot it spawned and turned to face his other threat. Golem 2.

[9949] BD: 12 (10 + 2 ACC) CD: 3 LD: 6 MD: 6 (8 - 2 EVA)

Golem 2: PAR

~Oikawa~

13/24 (-3)

~Frost Golem 1~ DEAD

0/12 (-8) (-1 Thorns)

~Frost Golem 2~ PAR 1 TURN

4/12 (-0)

[Oikawa-The Faint received x1 Golem Ore (material)]

The golem rose from the ground. With paralysis wearing off, it appeared pretty mad. Well luckily this thing is close to death. As long as I connect on my next blow it should be easy to finish mat collecting then make my way to floor two so I can show the gypsy that I befriended King. Gripping his rapier tightly, Oikawa took in a deep breath. He then cut his eyes towards the target. He moved with pure speed. It happened in a flash. The creature had a glowing red hole through its chest. It burst into pixels, leaving behind a loot orb.

"King, <Fetch>." Oikawa commanded as he pointed to the orb. The little cub, opened its jaw and grabbed the orb. King ran to the player and dropped the orb at his feet. "Thank you. Also when were you gonna tell me you had the thorn ability you little rascal? It's a pretty neat effect." Oikawa turned towards the cave entrance and pointed. "That's our exit. After we try to mine a few materials, let's go alright?"

[9952] BD: 12 (10 + 2 ACC) CD: 12 LD: 16 MD: 2 (4 - 2 EVA)

~Oikawa~

13/24 (-0)

~Frost Golem 1~ DEAD

0/12

~Frost Golem 2~ DEAD

0/12 (-8)

[Oikawa-The Faint received x1 Golem Ore (material)][Oikawa-The Faint received 60 Col]

The young cub purred in agreement and walked to the nearest cluster and pawed at it. "Eager to get out of here huh? Alright let's hop to it." Oikawa stepped back and lunged forward. He poked the crystalline structure and watched as it glowed. Sadly no material appeared. King laid down once again and rested his head over folded paws. "Fine, I'll wake you when its time to go." Oikawa said as he searched for another cluster.

[9956] LD: 6 (4 + 2 LD)

He found the next cluster relatively quickly. There seemed to be quite a few that lined the cave wall near the entrance. Walking to the first of four. Oikawa tapped the structure with his rapier.Lets hope I yield at least two more materials before I get out of here. The cluster glowed but again yielded no materials. "Damn. This is gonna take ages. I just want to collect 2 more materials."

[9960] LD: 11 (9 + 2 LD)

Staring at the second cluster, Oikawa looked for any weak points that may give him an edge in getting a material this time around. I will not leave until I collect two more mats from this frozen cavern. It will probably be a while before I go mat collecting again so I need to capitalize on this as much as reasonably possible. Striking the cluster, Oikawa watched as it glowed. Come on let me get a mat!

The cluster simply disappeared leaving no materials behind. "This is beyond stupid. Come on lucky number 3."

[9962] LD: 8 (6 + 2 LD)

Moving onto the third formation, Oikawa was visibly fed up with the slow collection of mats. This better yield a mat or so help me Dice Gods I'll go on rant about the stupidity of it all. Grabbing his rapier once more, He thrusted at the cluster. As usual it glowed and flickered. Come on. Come on. Gimme. Gimme. The cluster dispersed into pixels and faded from existence. "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!"

[9964] LD: 8 (6 + 2 LD)

"All I wanted to do was collect a couple more mats. Is that too much to ask? I mean honestly. It can not be that hard to tap a freaking cluster of stupid crystals and collect a fragment of it for forging purposes. Like what do i have to do? Sweet talk the stupid rock? Hug it? Treat it to dinner? I mean this is total blasphemy. There is no way that I shouldn't have collected another mat by now. This is gonna be the end of me. This is why no one goes mat hunting anymore. It seems the only way to somewhat consistently collect mats is to fight freaking Mobs. That's so dumb. But I guess if it was too easy mats wouldn't be so valuable huh? Damn you subconscious.." Oikawa breathed in as he concluded his rant. Exhaling he went towards the final wall cluster. 

"Here goes nothing..."

Alright wall cluster, I'm putting my faith in you. Here we go. Aiming at the center of the structure, Oikawa unleashed a few rapid taps on the cluster. The cluster lit up and flickered for a bit. Finally the glowing ceased and a sapphire ingot dropped to the floor. "Maybe I should rant more often! Oh thank you Dice Gods. Now I just need one ore before I leave."

[9968] LD: 22 (20 + 2 LD)

[Oikawa-The Faint receive x1 Sapphire Ingot (material)]

King yawned as his brief nap was cut short by all of Oikawa's yelling. Picking himself up, King strolled to Oikawa and nudged his leg then pawed the air in the direction of the entrance. "Okay. Okay. I get it. You're ready to go. I just need one more mat okay King? Help me find another cluster. We don't have much time until we need to get to Floor 2." Purring softly, King headed along the wall near the entrance and sniffed. Then suddenly he leaped forward and begin pawing at some dirt mounds.

Oikawa walked to the first mound and gestured to it with his rapier. "You think there might be some materials under here?" The cat continued to pat the mound with its paws. "Fine! I'll take your word for it." Oikawa begin to dig through the first mound. He uncovered a few frozen rocks but nothing material worthy. "King, are you sure about this?" The cub eyed him and kept patting the mounds.

[9975] LD: 8 (6 + 2 LD)

"Alright I'm trusting you." Continuing his dig he felt how loose the dirt had become. Suddenly, a white rodent of sorts popped out of the hole and darted around King. King stealthily walked in circles before pouncing on the creature. The <Dwelling Hog> seemed to be a white groundhog that made burrows in the cavern floor. "You just wanted meat instead of bread huh?" The feline shook his head and waited for me to strike the pinned down hog. 

<<Dwelling Hog>> HP:12 DMG: 1

"Alright hold still." Oikawa eyed the creature and then thrusted his rapier at it. With precision he avoided hitting King's paws. Although the leopard made an audible growl when he struck. "I'd never hurt you King! Promise. Now hold it still while I finish it off. The we can head back."

[9978] BD: 6 (4 + 2 ACC) CD: 1 MD: 1

~Oikawa~

13/24

~Dwelling Hog~

6/12 (-6)

Taking a deep breath, Oikawa raised his rapier once more and aimed for the creature grasped between King's paws. Just as he was about to strike the creature, The groundhog wriggled out of King's paws and jumped onto Oikawa. Using its sharp front teeth, the rodent bit Oikawa's nose and leaped towards its burrowing hole.

Oikawa recovered quickly from the bite, and spun around in time to pierce the groundhog as it jumped into its hole. The creature turned into a cookable item known as <Groundhog Meat>. Oikawa collected the loot and gestured towards the cave entrance. Lets go King. We have your meat, and I guess I collected enough mats for now. When we get done with turning in this quest, I'll find someone to cook this into treats for you!"

The grey pelted leopard purred and followed Oikawa out of the cave.

[9979] BD: 9 (7 + 2 ACC) CD: 7 LD: 12 (10 + 2 LD) MD: 8 (10 - 2 EVA)

~Oikawa~

10/24 (-3)

~Dwelling Hog~

0/12 (-6)

[Oikawa-The Faint received x1 Groundhog Meat (material)][Oikawa-The Faint received 60 Col]

The duo entered the snowy clearing. This outer area that Oikawa had designated as the outskirts of Glacial Cove. King trailed along more or less leaping through the heaps of snow as he followed Oikawa. The winds from before seemed to have died down. Oikawa picked up the pace as the town came into sight. "Come on King! We're almost there!"

King seemed to have grown a bit as they made there way back. Do creatures in SAO grow at alarming rates like this. Thou I doubt since he is a familiar he'll get any bigger than what he is now. He seems more mature and actually quite elegant for a leopard. Oikawa observed as King prowled through the snow. Rather than the joyful leaping he was doing earlier, he walked with a majestic grace about him. A stride fitting of a king.

The two had finally reached the main city, Snowfrost Town. "Hey King, once we reach the center of the town, we will be heading to the second floor. After that, I guess I get to take you home. " King roared his mini approval of the plan and followed Oikawa to the teleportation gate.

Once they were both on it, Oikawa yelled "Teleport: Urbus." They both felt themselves disappear and reappear. However, where the reappeared was way warmer than their previous location. "The gypsy should be right over here somewhere." Oikawa stated as he and King made their way through the sprawling settlement.

Searching through the various shops and alley ways, Oikawa and King couldn't seem to find the gypsy. They searched all throughout Urbus and seemed to have no luck in finding her. "Well King.." , he said while scratching his head, "..I assumed she would be easier to find. Hopefully we don't get separated. I've actually grown to like you." Grinning Oikawa, patted the tuft of her fur atop Kings head and fed him another small piece of bread.

Oikawa was just about to turn to head towards a cafe when suddenly the gypsy appeared before him and King.

"I see you have completed the task I set before you. You two shall become great teammates." The gypsy walked towards king and stroked his fur. "Now you keep Oikawa here out of trouble. Okay King?" With that she snapped her fingers and a reward notification appeared before Oikawa. Then she turned and disappeared into the wind.

Rewards:

Oikawa- The Faint received the title "Snow Leopard Tamer"

Oikawa- The Faint received a familiar: King, the Snow Leopard.

Oikawa -The Faint received a Skill Point

Accepting and closing the notification, Oikawa turned and spoke to King. "She's kind of weird huh King? Nonetheless, now were partners and I couldn't choose a better one if I tried. Lets go home to my shop on the first floor."  The two walked back towards the gate and teleported to the first floor.

As they arrived at the familiar sight of the town of beginnings, Oikawa ushered for King to follow him."My shop isn't to far from here. There's also this nifty cafe that I think will suit your fancy. Which reminds me. I need to get you a proper bed in the shop. Tomorrow we can go out and get one made for you. But for now the chair upstairs will have to do." King nodded. He seemed to be unaffected by the trivial things that worried most ..well.. people. He strolled alongside Oikawa as they approached a darkened shop.

Oikawa opened the door and spread his arms out wide. "Mi casa. Su Casa. My house is now your house."