First steps into a new world

Solis finally got the nervegear he has been wanting so badly. He immeadiately went home to put on the gear "Oh yeah...need to plug it in..." He was a bit of an idiot compared to the other people of his age He plugged it in then laid down inn his bed turning it on "So this here manual says to say Link Start." In that was his final words he will say in the real world for a while...maybe even his last. Either way he was being transported and in his mind he said "lots of colors..."And thus he entered SAO. "Yeah! Sword art oooooooooonline! First VRMMO! ...what exactly should I do......" He stood there questioning what he should do then noticed the spear on his back "Yeah! Best weapon too! all I need is a Shield!" He was overwhelmingly happy comepletely unaware at the situation at hand "lets make some friends while im here too! Hello everyone! I'm Silver-Solis!"

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aubrey was shuffling along the streets of the first city, the starting town. Not so much shuffling, more so stepping in tune to a beat only she could hear; as she sang another song

♪"Oide, Oide Samashii hito yo~" â™ª

She stepped in time to the words, the beat and the unheard music, sweet voice rising up against the rabble of the crowds around her, most parted out the way for her - as she was very animated in her movements. Her voice loud, there were a few murmurs in the crowd, people who recognized her from her previous performance. The words 'hey its that cutie' were thrown around, and others which weren't as nice, 'wannabe idol' and 'fat looser' were also thrown her way. But Aubrey ignored the mean comments, and continued to sing as she walked. Her arms waving around performing the moves that she had memorized. 

♪"Minna, Minna! Iroiro aru sa! iisho ni utatte moriagarou~"♪  She paused, jumping high in the middle of the road, "HEY!"

London paced through the beginning of the town plaza, still bustling with new players. Why do they keep coming, they're either stupid or brave to come here even after the announcements of this death game. And to make matters worse, I see people who are joining and are stationed in the US as am I. So they KNOW the dangers and went in anyways. Idiots... London thought, he recently had a hard time with a highway man on the road from the deep forest on floor 1 to the city. He refused to pay and won but took more hits than he would have like. He appeared calm and collected as usual, on the inside he was rather irrated. This occasionally seeped through but he kept his composure for the most part.

Then, London looked about coming to a stop. He saw a player in all cloth clothing announcing his presence. He had a basic wooden shaft with a poorly made peice of metal on the end. The starting spear. London would normally ignore this and passed him by but he decided to humor the new player and attempt to help him out. He already has taken a good amount of new players on a run of the basics so why not one more? He approached the player, he was wearing his usual armor, black and having scaled, carvings on it they made the armor look art-like. His left hand rested on the pommel of his rapier, which was sheated in a nice leather sheath, black like the swept spiral onyx hilt that covered it. He presence was somewhat unsettling but also calming at the same time, despite his grim visage and emotionless glance. "Hello. New to the game I see...Silver-Soils, you said your name was? A pleasure to make your acquintence...I heard you say something about getting a shield, correct?" He inquired and raised an eyebrow at the question, resting his right hand on his hip, bearing a black wolf ring on his middle finger.

He was barely paying attention due to the crowd then spaced out checking the menu "Um...Wheres the log out button?" he was serverly confused by this matter then set his eyes on london "Um...could you please tell me why my button is missing? should i contact a ad- WAIT DID YOU SAY SHIELD!" he jumped around in excitement "waaaaaaaaaaait....how do you know my name?" he turned back to the dancing "I wanna dance too!" he seemed very excited by everything then paused again "Wait no log out button....eh nothing significant.

London cocked his eyebrow even farther. "How could we not know it? You practically yelled it to everyone. And yes...I did say shield. I think you're unfimilar with weapons, am I wrong in saying this? You'd need a one handed spear and I don't know if the game has those. And a shield with a two handed weapon doesn't work. Do you prefer offense or defense?" He began to question the man infront of him. "There is no log out button. You just threw yourself into a death game. You either beat this game or die try-" he was interupted by the dancing "Uh..." he studdered. He was short on how to react to this situation, he thought it might be in his best interest to just walk away. But even if the man was ignorant to the severity of what he had just done and the situation he put himself into, he needed to at LEAST show him the combat system. Nobody else probably would and this man would probably die attempting to figure it out on his own, London assumed.

Aubrey paused, noticing two men in particular watching her, she bounded over to them, giving them an enthusiastic wave followed by a low bow. "Hai-hai! Abii-chii Here!" Aubrey said in glee, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose before clasping her hands together. "What's this? Ohoho! Does the Abii-chii have two lovely, adoring fans! Do you want my autograph?" She gave a mock sigh as she swooned, "Alas, I have no pens in my inventory, nor do I have recording crystals, oh but I will tell you what!" Aubrey said.

"How about I give you both a kiss on the cheek, a special Abii-chii once in a lifetime greeting no?" She said with a wink.

"no this spear is 1 handed. its called 1 handed assualt spear and for weapons i played so many other games like this I always been a speed4 atk3 def3 on a 10 scale. come in quick to block my friends and dish out the chip damage! wait did you say death? I wanna murder things! murder the pigs..and the...flowers...and the souls of my enimies brothers and sisters" he said all of the last part in the same tone as if he was insane. Once he heard aubrey "Free hugs and kisses???" he was a sucker when it came to lovey dovey things "You dance great too! I like it and wait....." he finnally realized the meaning of the death game "Like dead people......" he suddenly became very grim"I wont let anyone die around me!

Aubrey gave a tut,tut - waving her finger back and forth. "Ooh Soli-chii does not know, nope, nope." She pointed to his spear. "That is a beginner spear! ohoho!" She said as she covered her mouth, laughing. "It has no special enchantments, buuubuuuubuuu!" She added, pretending to wipe away her tears. "Poor, poor Solo-chii!" She said in a pouty voice.

She took a step forward and placed a single finger on Silver-Solice's nose. 
"Boop. Don't talk like that ne~? That talk is sad and mean!" She quickly covered her ears, "La~La~La~ No talk about death around Abii-chiii!" She then put her arms out in front of her in the shape of a cross. "Bzz-bzz. Not allowed!"

Now he was basically in a trance from her "I wont talk about anything bad around you! " He was always shy around girls and he thought this was his chance "I just started thouuugh... If only I knew someone nice enough to help me get a better one!' He said in a half winey voice. he looked in his inventory again and saw the guide "Books?! I didnt come here to read!" he threw it away and looked back at aubrey "So can someone nice and cheerful as yourself help Mwe?

Aubrey frowned when the other complained about books. He threw the guide away, and Aubrey followed, kneeling down to pick it up off the ground she dusted it off. Her being serious was rare, and this was one of those rare times. "Don't do that." She mumbled quietly, straightening the book out. Aubrey gave Solis a smile, the happy tone returning to her voice again as she placed the book back in his lap. "You should cherish this! The Beta testers worked super-duper hard yanno! They put their hearts and souls into that there book." Aubrey said as she poked the book twice before raising her finger to give his nose a slight flick.

Aubrey placed her hands over her heart, closing her eyes and smiling with a small sigh. "
To work so hard on something, and to have others cherish it! ahhh~ it makes my heart go doki-doki!"

"OOOOOoooooh! i thought it was just some tutorial book that tells me how to move and things!" he had understanding now and held the book up high in the legend of zelda item hold up thing. He hummed the little melody with it as he put it back "Better read that later then."  He looked around at the shocked crowd "Do people always follow you around like this? It would be a little creepy if they did

Aubrey shook her head, wondering how someone so clueless could have survived all this time. "Mmm, no no Soli-chii~" She said in a sing song voice. "It also contains information on mobs, battles, skill points and basic quests, and their locations. Even if you are super dooper strong, and are a front liner. I think you should always keep it!" She exclaimed, giving a twirl with her hands back over her heart. "Ahh, a memento of the days of old. How bittersweet!" She sighed happily. 

"Eehhhh?" Aubrey asked, turning on her heel to notice that there was a crowd behind her, murmuring. Aubrey blinked. She had never thought about it, people following her, did that mean...Did that mean..."Yosh!" Aubrey shouted happily, turning to address the crowd. "Abii-chii is here for you all! Let's continue to spread love and music to all!" She shouted gleefully.

One of the others, a younger male came up to her, looking embarrassed. "A-A..Abi-chi, c-can I shake your hand?"

Aubrey smiled, clasping his hand in her own, "Of course! What a pleasure to meet you! Thankies! Thank you, thank you  so much ne~!" Aubrey let go of the youth and he thanked her before running back off to disappear in the crowds. Aubrey smiled, turning back to Solis.

"It's not creepy Soli-chii! People are showing their true feelings ne~? They are what you say...support me yes?"  

''Well It just seems like they all want to kiss you." He looked around at them as they looked shocked "See? They all want you for them selves. There just creepy stalkers......" He realized what he said than suddenly jumped to a defensive position. "If youre all gonna be creepy to her at least try to get past someone for what you want! It's a little weird ya know?"

Aubrey huffed, not liking the mans outburst, or how he called her fans creepy stalkers. She turned her head over her shoulder and looked at them. They looked shocked. One looked like they were about to cry. "That's pretty mean Soli-chi." Aubrey said, turning her green eyes back toward the youth. "If Abi-chii didnt' know better I'd think you were the one jealous." She said, mispronouncing the grammar. Aubrey gave the group who was following her a small wave as they sheepishly left, muttering amongst themselves.

Aubrey felt bad to see them go, they were clearly hurt and upset by what Solis had said, it wasn't just what he had said - but the tone he had said it in. "I don't think I like the way you talk to peple." Aubrey said. "You were really mean Soli-chi."

He realized what he was doing "Oh uhhh.....Sory Im quick to assume things...Alot..." he was a bit embarresd now and didnt like what it was coming to."So...since im new and all...i have no idea whats really happening...I just thought this was abnoreing popularmal. If it were me I Would be in hiding. I don't really like being popular...." he was a bit jelous though. He never new that so many people could like one person "You know what? i'm going to blank slate. You teach me everything you know and I'll go on for the ride!"

Aubrey gave Solis a smile. She was never one to stay made long or hold grudges. "That's better Soli-chi!" She said with a smile. "I have a small following back in Japanese too! My friends and I have a Jpop group called Kickstart!" She said, again mispronouncing words. Accidentally saying 'Japanese' rather than 'Japan' due to her language barrier. "I like fans, and I like making people happy! That's why I want to become an Idol!" She beamed. 

Aubrey wasn't sure what he meant by blank slate, she assumed he meant he wanted to start over - so that is exaclty what Aubrey was going to do. She stuck out her hand for him to shake. "Oki doki! Hello there! My name is Aubrey, but you can call me Abii-chi!"

"And I'ma Silver-Solis! Solis for short." He shook her hand. Then he went and apologized "I'm Sorry that I offended any of you! Hope you can forgive me and become best of friends!" He cheered for himself "So first...how do you do the glowly weapon thing? I would of hoped the system roconized my username and maybe give me some of my old skills from my old game i used to play. really hoped for the tri elemental thing or speed of a wing's beat but thats fine! I can restart anew!"

Aubrey grinned, giving his hand a warm shake. "I will continue to call you Soli-chii!" Solis didn't waste any time, he delved straight into asking questions. Ones that Aubrey didn't exactly understand, it was like he was speaking the language of another game. "Hmmm hmmmm" She thought aloud, pursing her glossed lips in a small pout. "Glowy weapon...you mean a Perfect Qaulity weapon right? Well I guess you go to a blacksmith, and get them to craft you one. Oooh but I hear they are expensive!" Aubrey said.

"This system, with SAO is a completely new system! SAO is the first game on it silly!" Aubrey said with a laugh. "So of course it won't remember any data. That's just silly."

London watched the two socialize in utter silence. He remained silent when a kiss was brought up. Bitter memories. It's good these two are becoming allies fast...he thought. They'll need to stick together, he concluded. He was a bit annoyed by the girls arrogance assuming they both were devote fans of her, of which he's never heard of her and he didn't really care to. J-pop wasn't his kind of music. Her enthusiastic nature was a bit off putting to him. He looked at Soils "Alright...Just be mindful, if you go as a spear and shield person you will most likely be put into pike formations or another defensive-slash-supporting role in a group. If they know anything about strategics that is..." He stated. Perhaps seeming slightly pretentious, due to him showing a bit of his knowledge on the subject. This was not his intent of course but he could see how he could be misinteperted to seem that way. He decided to break their chit-chat with a bit more serious question. "Do either of you know of to fight. In this game. Like, are either of yoy fimilar with the combat system?" He questioned. His tone was calm and soft but it had a certain sharpness to it that may make it appear to be stern at times.

"well I am familiar with sword skills and such. I played the father of this game and was a shield and spear user. I don't have any of my old Skills though which is disappointing...really hoped somehow I would. My main three were speed of a wing beat which allows me to do two actions in one turn. Then after Image which allowed me to Make my speed times 10 and allow me to zoom around making almost multiple me's then attack in all that time. The last was Defense of an Iron wall which allowed me to take no damage or take damage for an other player." He sighed missing the powers he previously had "But i still know how to user a spear!' he twirled it around then stabbing the end into the ground "I was always different. A speedy defense/offense character. No one would expect a Speedy defense type. I saved everyone who was about to die and I won't let anyone else die with me here!" He said in a proud tone "Please...Show me how this game works..."