[OP-F1] New Princess on the Block

The girl with silver hair tied in ponytail can felt the stares of people as she's wandering aimlessly. Three or four person would be okay. But when every person she walked across did the same, it's so nerve wracking. The dress she's wearing is the problem. Players were immersed or amused by the baby blue satin vanity dress which they have never seen before. Her ponytail which swings left and right every time she takes a step is not helping. She could even see two girls whispering and pointing at her. What is she, a zoo attraction? Elise sighed impatiently. "Geez! I know it's better to decline the offer after all. Not that this dress is impractical for moving. It's just too eye-catching and a little tacky. Who had the idea to put frills here anyway?" Elise stopped near a fountain to catch her breath. She has been walking without destination since she realized she must clear the game to get back to outside world. "What should I do...." she put her hands on the fountain ledge and stared at the bottom, her bangs fell covering the worried blue eyes. It's unusual for the proud Adriane Chevalier to worry, but it's not a situation she ever dreamt of in her wildest dreams.

Crozeph raised his arms, stretching and then followed by a yawn. He was back on Floor 1 after a long trip that led to a gruesome battle with a strong mob and after every long wanderings he would return to this floor, hoping to see a few friends and ran into his brother to catch up on what's happening when he's not around. The streets are still busy as he last saw it. Merchants, blacksmiths, and a few performers are roaming around while a few players in groups talk about their exploits outside the safe zone. Crozeph could hear commotions around him "did you see that girl a while ago, she's like a daughter of some rich family" he heard. Crozeph tried to process what he heard "wow, things are escalating here" he said. Crozeph pushed himself out of a small crowd "move it people, I have to get to a merchant" he told them. Crozeph successfully got out of it and began catching his breath "armors, never get into a crowd of armored players" he thought. Crozeph brushed his hair and started walking again and made his way to a fountain. As soon as he sat near it he dipped his head on the water and sat after a few seconds, water still dripping from the ends of his hair then he looked at his left "a princess?" he thought.

I was running threw the town of beginings with maruchan. Surprisingly we weren't on the rooftops today but, acting like normal players for once. We noticed people staring in a certain direction when we looked we didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary. Then I placed Maruchan on my head for him to get a better look.

"What's going on?" I asked him while he searched.

Then suddenly maruchan let out a high pitched bark and darted in the direction people were looking. When he leaped off my head he knocked my guitar off my shoulder.

"Damnit maruchan!" I yelled out to him as I picked up my guitar.

As I ran after the little husky pup I could finally see what everyone was looking at. It was a girl, a really pretty girl. Still I get that the male to female ratio is off and that the cute girl to not so cute girl ratio is even worse but, why was everyone looking at her? I sometimes have a lot of people looking at me, people who know me for my performing or people who really want to pet maruchan. So I began to wonder what was with this girl. Honestly weirdly enough I can't seem to look away but, then I saw maruchan hop on to the fountain ledge were she had her hands were and proceed to lightly lick them.

"Marucha-" I began to say but was interrupted by Crozeph randomly stepping in my way not even knowing I was here.

"Get outta the way Crozeph! God go play ninja with shinex or something!" I jokingly said to Crozpeh.

Finally I made my way over to the girl with the silver hair and picked up maruchan then patted him on the head.

"Hey sorry about maruchan... So... You uh a model or something?" I asked the girl really wanting to know why people were staring.

Draterion slowly walked a bit on the basic floor one. Whatever it was that was so attractive on the boar floor he did not know, but there was always something going on here, no matter what the reason for him being on floor was. Draterion also wanted to restart a guild, needed to find new members for his mostly democracy/republican guild. The Town of Beginnings was by far the most populated city in Sword Art Online, so why not start here?

The city was alive with street lights designed beautifully, shops of all sorts including merchants, blacksmiths, tailors, and restaurants a plenty. The city streets were bustling with players. How would Draterion ever decide wich players could be relied upon as guild mates?

Draterion wanted his guild to be filled with the perfect squads, just like his old guild- BUMP!

Draterion had bunked into a player wearing a beautiful dress. "Oh, sorry!" Draterion saw she had knocked her down and held out a hand. then he turned to see his old guild mate, Crozeph. the crow! "Oh, haven't seen you in a while man!"  

Elise heard a sound of splashing water to her left. She glanced and saw a man sitting with drenched hair. He'd catch a cold if he stayed like that. Should she said it out loud? No, he'd think she's meddlesome. Out of habit Elise thought of useless things that she didn't realize he was also looking at her. When their eyes met she averted her gaze to the ledge. She noticed a small black wolf- or was it a husky?- stood on the fountain ledge and observed her hands with curiosity. "You want a pat?" Elise smiled. The wolf got closer and nearly licked her hand before another man took it from the ledge. He greeted the drenched guy- what did he call him, Crozeph? Then he apologized for the wolf's misbehavior. 

"Maruchan? Ooh, the wolf. It's fine. He hasn't done anything... Yet." she stroked its head with her left pinky finger carefully, before she realized the owner's holding it. "Sorry!" she quickly withdrew her hand, feeling guilty she didn't ask for permission to do such things. When he asked her if she was a model Elise snorted. "No, of course not. Do you think I'll.... Eek!" Somebody bumped into her and she fell. She checked for injuries. Luckily there were none. She glared at the man who made her fell. He apologized and offered his hand. "Next time watch out when you're walking, please." she grunted but still accepted the hand. With a light pull she stood up and brushed her dress. 

P.S. Sorry for late (and shortish) reply! School physics project took most of my time and I won't be replying tomorrow cuz I'm going to attend my cousin's wedding in another city.

Crozeph saw the girl look away as soon as their eyes met "nice one Crozeph, what a high-level of creepiness from you" he thought then looked down smiling. It's like he was messing with her in a quiet way and he'd like to keep it a little longer when X appeared surprising him making fall on the fountain. Crozeph crawled out, his cloak drenched. He turn his scabbard upside down making water come out of it "I would love to play ninja with Shinex but you know ninjas, they value their privacy" he told him replying to his joke. After a few seconds he stood up and looked at X's familiar "why do all of you have predators as familiars?" he asked him "oh, yeah a meek familiar doesn't spell danger" he added. Crozeph eyes widened when someone bumped to the girl and it seems the boy looks familiar to him. As soon as he addressed Crozeph he remembered him "long time no see Drat" he said then looked at the girl brushing her dress shaking the dust off "seriously Drat, be careful next time" he told him, his calm eyes on to his former guild leader and his cloak and hair still dripping with water.

Semroth was running away from a person chasing after him through the street "Go away PKer" he shouted loudly as he continued through the massive crowd in The Town Of Beginnings and he was so concentrated on getting through the crowd that he ran straight into a brick wall "Ouch who put that building there" he muttered underneath his breath as he thought he lost the PKer he walked into the centre of the town and again not looking where he was going to while checking if the man still was following he stubbed his foot and fell in the fountain "Great just great" he said angrily.

"Oh you hear that maruchan she doesn't mind!" I said to Maruchan as he began to wag his tail in excitment.

"Maruchan here is a lot like me, he loves people sometimes a little too much... Isn't that right boy." I told the girl as I began scratching under Maruchans chin.

Sudennly while I began to place maruchan on my head some random dude came and bumped the girl down. He helped her up and she seemed fine but I still thought I should say something.

"Hey-" I was then cut off by some pyschopath shouting.

Even though we're in a safe zone he seemed dangerous. These types you just need to wait until they commit suicide. There's no mistake it will eventually happen. I quickly skimmed the girl with my eyes. I came up with the analysis "cute.. Low leveled.. Likes maruchan.." and decided she was worth protecting.

"Say silver hair, do you want to learn how to use the stealth system in the game? It's really quite simple and there's no time like the present." I told the girl stepping in between her and the pyschopath.

Elise had cleaned her dress when someone else accidentally fell into the fountain and made a small splash. Elise wasn't fast enough to avoid the water. Elise's wet bangs covered her eyes. It might be better that way, as she looked very annoyed. "What the..." she trembled with anger. She swept her bangs to get a clear look. Inside the fountain there's a guy stumbled in a weird position, and he looked angrier than she was. She suppressed the words at the tip of her tongue. Partly because she wanted to maintain her elegant attitude, and partly because she felt a tinge of pity for the guy. Elise asked, "Are you o... Well, I guess you aren't." She added. 

The wolf tamer stepped between her and the drenched guy. He mentioned something about... "Stealth system?" It piqued her interest. She needed every thing she can use to survive in this world. The dimwits in real world didn't say anything at all before they forced her into this mess. "I guess that'd be okay, if you don't mind sparing your time. And my name isn't silver hair. It's Ad... Elise." she corrected. She has to get used to her new name. And her new life. 

Crozeph took off his cloak and unequipped his armor while resting his sword on the edge of the fountain "let X do the talking of the system, I'm bad at those" he mumbled. Crozeph then unbuttoned his shirt and wrinkled it "just to tell you princess, the stealth system is quite handy especially when you're in a pinch but I'd prefer you ask him on acrobatics, that will also help" he told her but not looking at her, he was busy squeezing the water out of his clothes. After a few seconds he wore his shirt again and equipped his armor back then his cloak and lastly he strapped his sword again at his back. Crozeph then walked towards X's familiar "hey there pup" he said, his calm eyes and faint smile set on the pup and scratching its chin. Crozeph attention was then caught by another one falling into the fountain "the fountain of doom" he said.

As Semroth stood up in the fountain after he collapsed escaping that PKer he grumbled "Stupid PKer, stupid fountain *grumble*" Semroth seemed to capture attention from the people near the fountain. One girl seemed to ask if he was alright and then said "I guess not" he chuckled and replied to the guy who said it was a "Fountain of Doom" by saying "You could say that again".

He got out the fountain and started shaking his hair like a dog and started drying his clothes "Could you look away for a second" he said nervously as there was a girl there.

"Well it's quite simple you see!" I said to the girl with the silver hair.

That psychopath is still talking to himself. Even though we're in a safe zone it be a good idea to dip given that these types are unpredictable. More importantly I want to get out of here. Maybe il just have Crozeph take care of this girl for now.

"Uh Crozeph you show her the system I've got somewhere to be right now. It's simple all you have to do is break line of sight and pray your stealth rating is better than his detection rating." I explained to Crozeph as I set Maruchan down.

"Bye I hope we meet again!" I said as I shook the girls hand and Maruchan licked the other.

Then I ran straight to the rooftops and Maruchan followed. Now it's time to put as much distance as I can from there.

XWuZHeAR leaves the RP

Crozeph was surprised with X sudden thinking of dashing off somewhere "hey X! I'm not that skilled on stealth!" he yelled as X ran through the roofs and his puppy following after him. Crozeph then looked at the girl and the other ones left behind "I guess I'll be teaching you some things that I know, if you want to" he told her. Crozeph opened his HUD and scanned through his skill list "no stealth, this is bad" he thought "even my detection sucks" he added. Crozeph then looked at his former guild leader "I'll be needing his help, well on some" he thought. Crozeph closed his menu and crossed his arms, his calm eyes on the girl "so princess, what would you like to learn? you can use stealth on me if you want" he said "I'll try finding you as my skills permit" he added.

"Sure.." Elise turned her back on the fountain "Though you may.. Not like changing your clothes here?" she smirked, gesturing at the crowds here and there. But maybe it's not big deal. That guy-who's his name again? Crozeph did change his clothes nonchalantly in the middle of the street. A public closet might be more useful especially near this bad-luck-bringer fountain.

The wolf tamer seemed like he's in a hurry. He shook her hand and the wolf- is he licking her left hand? It's little ticklish. She dipped her left hand in the fountain and waved with the other. "Farewell!" Her eyes widened when they got to the rooftop like parkouring. "Are they ninjas? Like the ones in Japan?" Elise has lived two years in Japan and the country never fail to amaze her. Except for the game which trapped her inside it involuntarily, of course.

Before he left he said something about hiding and stealth ratings.. Well this is out of her book. "So.. How does it work?" Elise asked two other guys. Seem they're high enough level to know and explain whatever system it is. Crozeph asked her if she wanted to use stealth on him. Elise raised her eyebrows, "Basically it's hide and seek?" she hypothesize. "I am... Not very knowledgeable," a prideful way of saying 'I don't know' ".. About the stealth system." She quickly added,

"And I said I'm Elise, not princess!"

Semroth noticed the girl point out the fact they were people walking around the town square he chuckled as he finished drying off his clothes "I'm sure you've noticed nobody has been looking at us since I've got here so I'm not nervous about that".

Semroth grabbed his clothes and put it over his chest to stop the person from spotting him without his shirt "Okay I'm finished and about the stealth system I wouldn't know anything about it since I never saw this system of the game until a few days ago".

Crozeph sighed, this would be a huge job for him but he can't just let them go out the mob infested grasslands without at least knowing something to have when in a pinch "it would be more effective if we try it out in the grassland, assuming you had stealth on your skill list" he told the two "I don't have it, I'm more on the agile side" he added. Crozeph thought hard for a second and bit his nail on his thumb "it would also..." Crozeph heard the girl say something about ninjas "well you could say he is but I know a few here who seem close to the real deal" he told her. Crozeph asked them again "so who has stealth on their skill list" he asked them. This could be a good opportunity for him to at least give them a better grasp of the basics and give them a few advice "I'd be glad to answer some of your question but in the meantime, we can head out and slay some mobs" he told them "and I got it princess...er...Elise" he told the girl.

"But I do mind" Elise sat on the fountain ledge, backing the guy so she couldn't see him. She crossed her legs while listening to the Crozeph guy's speech. Crozeph asked if they had stealth skill in their skill list. Elise was sure she didn't have that since she had never heard of such skills.

"Stealth in skill list?" Elise opened her HUD. "Skill list, Stealth... Nope." She was right. Listed there was a lone 'One Handed Rapier' skill. Out of curiosity she expanded it and read the skill details.

One Handed Rapier

Skill Rank : Novice

Description : Increase the damage dealt by the player using rapier. Skill effect increases according to skill rank.

Effect : +1 damage (requires an equipped rapier)

"... An equipped rapier." she repeated. She tried the Weapons button next. There lies 'Starter Rapier'. Once more she expanded it.

Starter Rapier

Weapon Type : One Handed Rapier

Rarity : Common

Damage : 1

Description : A basic rapier.

Enhancement slot : 0

Elise touched her forehead and sighed. If she wasn't used to study a bookshelf a month back then, her brain wouldn't be able to process all these overwhelming things. She fixed her sitting posture. Crozeph mentioned something about slaying mobs around. Elise was confident in her skills but in practice, she doesn't know how it will turn out. Reluctant inside, she kept her calm face, "I'll take your offer for that."

She shrugged when he called her by her IGN name. Somehow it felt off. 'Elise' hasn't been a familiar name in her ears, and it felt as if she's throwing 'Adriane' away. "Yes, I suppose I'm Elise now.. Crozeph wasn't it?" Earlier two other men recognized and called him that. Is he kind of famous or something? 

"Oh, and come to think of it you haven't introduced yourself to us." She turned her head back a bit while sitting. Have the guy finished changing yet? "And put your clothes on quickly. I don't want to be blindfolded all day because you're running around naked." She shut her HUD with a flick.  She was getting impatient.

"Yes I'm changed didn't you just here me a couple of minutes ago I said I was finished and sorry Crozeph I haven't got it on my skill list but I wouldn't mind a couple of battles but could you back me up I don't wanna die today" Semroth said to the two people that were near him as he opened up his inventory and equipped his Rapier.

Starter Scimitar

Weapon Type: One Handed Curved Blade

Rarity: Common

Damage: 1

Description: The starter weapon you get if you have the curved blade skill.

Enchantment Slot: 0

Crozeph nodded in approval as they agreed to have a few battles to get the hang of things "still a bummer no one has stealt..." Crozeph then realized something "what if it wasn't named stealth?" he told them. He opened his skill list again and read through what he has "sneak and hide, I guess this is it but I haven't invested skill points in it yet so..." Crozeph closed his HUD "...still a bummer" he said smiling. Crozeph had to help them and heard one say that he didn't wanna die "well I could help with that" he told him. Crozeph's attention then was caught by the girl "you suppose you're Elise now?" he asked. Crozeph moved closer to her "so who are you before?" he asked again. Crozeph felt something fishy about her identity but who was he to question it, he'll just turn out to be a rude person or worse, pervert. Crozeph took a step back away from her "yes I'm Crozeph, well some call me crow here but you can call me anything you want, you can even call me soup" he told her. Crozeph then set his eyes on the city gates, planning on giving then a good shake with finding a few mob to kill "now shall we? your highness? and..." Crozeph turned to the other guy "I didn't get your name?" he asked him.

"No, I don't have Sneak and Hide skill, either." Elise checked her HUD again "There's just this One Handed Rapier skill.. Novice." She noticed the fountain guy has equipped his weapon. She could tell it's a scimitar at the first glance, thanks to her accumulated knowledge. "Hey, you're right. I have to equip my weapon too." Elise opened her inventory and tapped on Starter Rapier. Suddenly it materialized in the air and fell. Elise hopped from the fountain ledge and picked the rapier- her own rapier from the ground. She swung it for a few times to get the hang of it. "This is amazing" She stared at her eyes which were reflected on the blade. Its feel and details are very close to the real thing she used to practice with in England.

The other man noticed her mumble and inquire her identity. Elise was taken aback from his question. But before she could answer the guy had withdrawn his question. Elise raised her shoulders, "It's not important in this point I think. Here real names can do you little good. And yes, now I'm Elise. Of course it is just my IG name." She shot a quick smile trying to move on from the subject. It'd do her no good to spread her name around. Some may have heard of Adriane Seraphine Chevalier, daughter of a British ambassador. And they might not be nice people. Crozeph confirmed his name to both of them. Elise sneered and faced to the fountain guy, "Let's call him Crow Soup then!" in the attempt to ignore her anxiety. Will they be alright? Obviously three is better than one so it's worth a try. She swallowed. She switched her rapier to her left hand and gave Crozeph a quick threatening look for calling her "Your Highness". "Alright. Let's move on, Crow Soup, Fountain Guy" Elise got used calling them names. She spun and depart to the field. The time she stepped outside, at that time she also step out of her safe comfort zone.

Elise left the thread