[PP - F2] The Lion and the Crow<<Let There Be Light>>(Crozeph) (Complete)

Ariel was finishing some commissions on the second floor when she decided to take a rest on a bench near a fountain. Her familiar was she knew where, but Ariel knew that she didn't have to worry too much. It 's been a while since they became companions and Ariel decided to let Kimba roam around freely. In the worst case some player would be chasing her when she returned and Ariel would have to apologize in her familiar's behave. Now she just stood there on the bench awaiting for her familiar's arrival while noticing in the distance a sad NPC woman walking in her general direction.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crozeph walked out of the teleporter of floor 2 shivering, arms wrapped around himself "remind me to bring a much more thicker coat on that floor" he told himself. Crozeph looked around and saw only a decent amount of players on the floor "must be on floor 1" he thought. Crozeph opened his menu and saw his col "I'm completely broke right now" he said. Crozeph has been paying for custom made items so far and it seems his col can't keep up with his equipment needs. Crozeph walked past an alley and then turn back "did I just saw a cub?" he thought. Crozeph walked back to see a cub sniffing on some crates and then it stopped and turned it eyes on Crozeph."Ariel's familiar?" he said. The cub started walking towards Crozeph "ok Simba, Pumba or whatever your name is, sit" he told the cub. The cub then began running towards Crozeph "sit! sit! sit down cub" he said "now's the time to make a run for it" he said before dashing off and the cub chasing at him.

Kimba continued to chase Crozeph, since he pretended to tell her what to do and for forgetting her name, she decided to jump on him and lick his face  as a rightful punishment, so that he remembers her next time. Luckily they were running towards where Ariel was, still waiting for her familiar's return:

"Boy she sure is taking her time" thought Ariel before she heard someone running from her left. As she turned around she saw Crozeph running towards her direction, chased from behind by her troublesome lion who appeared to be having the time of her life chasing the poor guy. "Kimba, leave him alone!" she shouted, but got ignored by her familiar. Next she turned her gaze towards Crozeph: "Don't worry she won't bite you...probably. She just wants to play with you a little. Just stop and do it, because she will keep chasing you...And I doubt you can outrun her since she's so high in spirits." She then closed her eyes and let out a sigh while rubbing her forehead, mumbling: "I have such a childish familiar."

Crozeph lay flat on the ground, Kimba licking on his face "if I were some kind of candy I'd be melting by now" he said as the  continues to lick him. Crozeph then heard a familiar voice a few feet away from him and saw Ariel "it would be nice if you can make your cub sto..." Crozeph then heard her call the cub but ignored her and she just explained why her familiar is acting that way "b-but this cub is already..." the cub then licked his hair "don't make me look like a cow licked by hair" he said as the cub brushes his hair up. Crozeph then turned to Ariel, the cub still pouncing on him "so what brings you to this place?" he asked her.

Ariel was about to reply him when the woman Npc that she saw earlier approached them and started talking out of the blue:

"Excuse me young ones, have you seen a little girl that was this tall *she then gestures her approximate height*  has red hair and freckles. She went to play in the nearby caves a few hours ago and she still hasn't returned. Will you help me search for her?" she asked with a worried tone and evidently panicked, this was obvious due to her manner of speech and additional useless hand gestures. Then a golden question mark appeared above the woman's head and a pop-up text in front of the two, that was writing:

New Quest: <<Let There Be Light>>

Quest DescriptionYou have been approached by a worried NPC Mother who is asking you to help find her child that got lost in one of the caves on the second floor. As you approach the cave you realize that it's pitch black inside and that it has affected your mission with vision disabilities.

Due to the cave's darkness and there being no light, any players that chose to enter the cave receive a -1 debuff on their combat dice unless they have <<Night Vision>>.

Aid Allowed: Yes

Quest objectiveFind the lost NPC child.

Rewards:1 Skill Point On Completion

Accept Quest?

>>Yes

No

Ariel read the text carefully, and replied looking to the woman: "Of course we will help ma'am, don't worry she's got a lion on her tracks" then she pointed towards Kimba who decided she 'punished' Crozeph enough and went to sniff the NPC and then cheerfully growled. Ariel turned next to Crozeph:

"Hey Crow wanna join in on this? Its a almost free XP and it can be done in groups? I don't have that night vision thing, but cats usually have good vision in the dark."

Crozeph was already wrestling with the cub trying to make Kimba stop licking his face when a pop-up window appeared in front of them "NPC" he said. After Kimba left him alone and turned the attention on the woman, Crozeph stood up and read the quest description "it quite ironic that a person like me who always gets lost will try finding a lost child" he told Ariel. Crozeph then nodded in approval "yeah I'd like to join, gotta help others when there's nothing better to do" he said. Crozeph then opened his skill menu to check if he has something to do with the debuff because of the cave's darkness "well looks like we'll be dealing with the darkness for a while" he said before closing his menu. Crozeph also heard her say something about cats having good vision in the dark "but we don't have a ca..." Crozeph turned at Kimba "oh, I think this one is" he said.

"Okay then" sends Crozeph a party invitation."Now lets go to those caves shall we? Also you asked earlier what we were doing here..well just the usual errands from the shop. I'm kinda running low on supplies though, but I'm going to restock soon. But I'm going off track, I was waiting for this 'little' girl to return, she went wandering as usual...normally I would get worried about her but after the 3rd 3 times I lost her while trying to keep up, I'm letting her do as she pleases, she'll come back soon." And with that she started walking towards the outskirts of town, Kimba took a look at Crozeph and then followed Ariel walking in front of her as usual. Ariel turned around and beckoned him to join while asking: "How about you any particular reason to be here?

Crozeph accepted Ariel's party invitation before following her and listening to her about restocking and her familiar freely walking around "hm, well you seem busy with your profession and I guess your cub will be chasing me again someday" he told her "it's scary just by imagining it, a cub chasing you down" he added. Crozeph thought hard for a second before answering her question about why he's on floor 2 "nothing much really, well I was planning on buying some potions when your cub chased me but other than that I'm roaming around" he replied.  Crozeph has been walking around Aincrad for no reason even when he's a part of a guild now. Square One will only see him when there's quest involve or if Azide summons them for some guild activity but the rest he's just going from floor to floor and sleeps on top of trees which he still has a trouble of climbing "so this kid who got lost, any plan on how we're going to find the kid inside a dark cave?" he asked her.

Kimba happily roared when she hear Crozeph mention her, looking at her Ariel chuckled: "I haven't planned that ahead but I think we'll just have to use our noses" she said jokingly while shooting a glance at her familiar that started to growl again. She continued: "I think this is more a 'fight mobs to get to target' quest than a simple 'search' quest. Who knows what kind of bats, rats, snakes spiders and so on, we'll find there." or at least that was what she hoped. She didn't mind finding the child but wanted to do something exciting in the process, in the last 'search' type quest she wandered through the desert for some time, constantly loosing hp for some unknown reason. 

"But if you have a better suggestion I'm all ears."

Crozeph shivered at the mention of spiders, along with his fear of heights is his fear of them spiders "let's try not to encounter those, I've already had enough of them in the real world" he told Ariel "they're the scariest more-than-four-legs creatures I've seen in my life" added. Crozeph then thought hard about the quest "well it looks like it would be a search and rescue thingy where after fighting through mobs, spiders excluded, we'll find the child stuck someplace afraid to take another step anymore" he told her "finding her is the easy part, the hard one is the darkness" he added. Crozeph pulled out his sword and sheathe it again "I don't deal that much damage but I can manage" he said "and besides what can a little darkness do to stop us?" he added.

Ariel carefully listened to him talk about his fear of spiders and heights then noded."I kind of get that, but just being afraid and not doing anything about it will get to you later!" as she said that she looked towards Kimba who appeared to close in on her leg. Worried, Ariel took a little distance to the left so that her companion's furr doesn't touch her."I'm currently fighting a fear of my own, and managed to gain a slight advantage over it." she then stops and petts the cub on its head, currently the only place she can manage to pet her without losing control over over her fear. "Have you thought of getting a familiar? *she started grinning* Maybe a spider? you know to start fighting your fear..like me.

Ad as they were chatting, the mountain base could be seen with the large cave entrance standing there pitch black as a bad omen. Ariel turned her head towards it continuing: "Looks like we're almost there, if you have any potions or something you want to use I suggest you use it now, before we enter."

Crozeph never thought about fighting his fear, it was one of his strategy cards "nahh, I'll be fine getting scared of them" he said "after all there are always the predators for preys, we just don't know who we are from the two sometimes" he added. Crozeph nodded as Ariel mentioned the thought of getting a familiar "I already plan on taking the quest for it but profession comes first, I'd hate to see my familiar running around" he told her "and maybe you're expecting a crow but no, I'll have that title for myself" he added. Crozeph rubbed his chin thinking "having a direwolf has been running on my head for a while plus they can sniff out materials too" he said. Crozeph then saw the mountain and heard Ariel talk about potions "I only have battle healing does that count, I also have one only" he said "but I guess the mobs won't hit hard there, let's just hope" he added as he stands at the cave entrance.

As they reached the cave entrance Ariel looked towards her familiar and nodded and the next instant Kimba went inside the cave, leading the way. Ariel followed while addressing Crozeph: "Huh? what profession do you wanna take?" she made a few steps inside. At first the whole place was pitch black and she couldn't see anything, but later on there were some cracks on the walls that permitted light to enter the place, it wasn't much but at least they could distinguish each other and see the walls enough so that they don't walk into one. Her familiar appeared to have some trouble at first but almost immediately got accustomed with the dark and each time she turned around to check if they were behind her, Ariel and crozeph could see her green cat-like eyes in the darkness. "Okay it seems she can guide us through, I only hope it will be the right path..just follow her growls" she said while walking alongside Crozeph.

Crozeph entered the cave after Ariel, taking a last look behind him before entering. Crozeph then already felt the disadvantage of the darkness "I bet you can't see me with my cloak on" he told her. Crozeph then listened to the cub's growl, he was bad at directions but luckily enough he was good at following voices and people that sometimes it's a nuisance. Crozeph then tripped on a rock that he almost fell "terrain problem coming up" he said. Crozeph knew this won't be the first time he'll trip on rock and that only made him think of one thing. Crozeph moved closer to Ariel and put his hand on her shoulder "just in case I trip again, falling face down is not the nicest thing I can ever feel" he told her.

Hearing a trippin' sound (because gangsta) behind her she asked: "you alright there?" but instead of a verbal response she felt a hand reach her shoulder. "Okay hang on then and well..I would say watch your step but that's a pretty useless advice here .... Do you see anything ahead girl?", to that Kimba only growled a bit more louder than usual. "Guess that means 'no' okay then keep you ears peeled for any suspicious sound I'll say again, Who knows what things lurk around here. Also keep your head low it seems the roof is getting lower as we go deeper, if we're not careful we might disturb some sleeping residents." She then continued walking, guided by the lion cub "Good thing we have her or we would've been in trouble" she thought while taking a quick look behind her. She could barely see Crozeph's figure: "That skill might prove in handy when we'll have to check alternative routes, but for now lets focus on finding that girl." She said while making a mental note to check that skill after she finishes upgrading the current ones.

Crozeph kept on hitting hit foot on some rocks and occasionally bumps into edges of the path "if you're talking about my cloak, I mean this one I'm wearing" he told her "a player wearing a black cloak in a pitch black cave" he said. Crozeph slowly adapted to the low light of the location but he doubt that it'll be useful in battle "I'd probably hit nothing but air" he thought. Crozeph tried to keep up with Ariel, if he could see her a bit clearer now, the path seem to be ruthless to him "I should have taken that skill" he told her "it was in the option but I'm not really into seeing in the dark, who knows what I might see there" he said. Crozeph opened his menu and was blinded by its light a little bit "not a good idea" he said. Crozeph quickly closed the menu and listened around him "they're starting to move, just let Kimba sniff the girl out" Crozeph gripped the hilt of his sword with his left hand and his right on Ariel's shoulder, danger seem to draw closer as they move further inside the cave.

"Oh you were talking about the actual cloak... I thought you were talking about the hiding skill." then a smile slowly creeped as she said the next words:

"yeah it would be bad if you'd see all these spider and spider webs all around us". She then turned her attention forwards as Kimba started growling more ferociously. "Okay joking time is over I think we're getting there, and by her reaction it won't be a warm welcome." She instinctively drew her rapier and as they approached the nearby spot that was a little brighter. She got distracted by the HUD menu that the crow summoned but regained focus as soon as they stepped into the cleared zone. Following Kimba, Ariel's black blade could be seen, emanating a faint blue light at the edges. "Okay showtime!" she said as she saw a figure belonging to a girl in the other side of the clearing (imagine it as a deep forest clearing with high walls). As they drew they could hear wing flapping sounds from above, turning her gaze up Ariel could see 2 GIANT bats descending towards them and landing in front of them, blocking the path to the little girl. "It's alright sweetie, we're here to get you!" shouted Ariel to the sobbing girl. "Okay Crow, I suggest we take them 1 vs 1 this way, the sooner one of us finishes the sooner we can go see if the girl's OK.

Crozeph also saw the girl that they're trying to find "that was way quicker than I thought" he said "I did say finding her was the easy part but..." Crozeph then heard flapping sounds above him "here they go" he thought. Crozeph could see them blocking the path to the girl "looks like we have to beat them till they shatter" he told her. Crozeph unsheathed his sword, its sharp crimson edge glimmering matching the red glaring eyes of the two bats. As soon as he heard Ariel about taking them on one on one, Crozeph quickly moved in to attack the other one he eyed as the target "who would win between a crow and a bat?" he shouted back at Ariel but his eyes on the bat before him. The bat from the left seem to get the invitation as it also charged at him and the other one still blocking the path "too direct" he said looking at the bat. Crozeph ducked as soon as the bat reached him and attacked him dodging the attack completely. Crozeph jumped a few feet and made a downward slash wounding the right wing of the giant bat leaving a crimson trail from the direction of his attack and making it slam on a wall as it tries to endure the pain on its wings before letting out a screech "I guess that's a point for crows" he said as points his sword down.

[iD: 10054]

Battle Dice: [9] critical

1 base +3 weapon skill +2 weapon damage +1 critical

Mob Dice: [2] fail

Crozeph 28/28

Ariel 28/28

Bat #1 23/30 (-7)

Bat #2 30/30

As soon as she saw Crow engage one of them, she entered a defensive stance while facing the other. Kimba backed away a little while growling at the bat. Picking up the noise she made the bat started charging at Kimba and Ariel rushed by her side and picked her up saying: "I know you want to fight it, but this guy picks up loud noises you'll have to sit this one out, QUIETLY!" then she let her down, the cub appeared to get the message now only baring its fangs at the bat. To that Arile smiled and responded to Crozeph, her tone being a little loud as to get the bat's attention:"After seeing the Crow fight in that murky swamp, I would bet my money on it that it will defeat a merely overgrown bat" then she addressed the bat directly: "Hey fancy wings over here!!" she shouted, the bat immediately responded and took flight towards Ariel, in a frontal collision trajectory. But to that she simply exhaled and as the bat entered her striking range she stabbed it right on the right side a little below where the wing was growing, causing it to lose its balance and tumble on the floor before raising once more into the air, letting out annoying high pitched sounds. "I guess that's one for the lion huh? " she asked while grinning, now in full battle-mode she was slowly advancing towards berserk mode. Hopefully she would finish it before showing her true colors to Crozeph.

ID.10058  BD: 10 (8+3acc-1BD) MD: 3 (5-2 eva)

Crozeph 28/28

Ariel 28/28

Bat #1 23/30 

Bat #2 23/30

((not sure if you get the crit dmg. point.. since its -1 BD due to darkness

Crozeph saw that Ariel is doing well in battling the other bat. Looking at the bat he's facing, Crozeph knew the bat's anger will soon fall on him "at least I can follow that gleaming red eyes" he thought. The bat began flying towards him again "another direct attack" he said. The bat charged at him and tried to bite his shoulder but Crozeph dodged it leaving a wide opening for him to attack the bat. He raised his sword again and slashed downward wounding the back of the bat leaving a red mark on it. The bat let out a screech making Crozeph move back "that hurts" he said. The darkness has taken a toll on him already, the bat used its wings to attack Crozeph and managed to land a successful blow. Crozeph jumped back as soon as he got hit making the damage less severe "just a little more and I'll be finishing this, assuming the darkness won't get in my way" he said as he keeps his eyes on the red glaring eyes of the bat.

[iD: 10108]

Battle Dice: [8] - [1] = [7] success

1 base +3 weapon skill +2 weapon damage

Mob Dice: [9] critical

2 +1 = 3

Crozeph 25/28

Ariel 28/28

Bat #1 17/30

Bat #2 28/30

(ooc: I thought critical rolls can't be modified?)