[PP - F2] The Lion and the Crow<<Let There Be Light>>(Crozeph) (Complete)

"you doing alright there?" she asked after hearing him suddenly jump. "I don't know about you, but right now I'm kind of fighting with my eyes closed" she said remembering the first training session that her father made her fight with a blindfold.(next comes a flashback)

'*Bang* AWWWWWW!!! How do you expect me to parry something I don't see???' said a young blond girl while removing her blindfold and slowly massaging her head. To that her father simply let out a 'Hmph' before asking: 'Have you tried listening to my steps?'. To that the little girl simply made an annoyed face while putting again the blindfold and entering a shabby defensive stance, this time listening to any sound around her. She heard a step on the wooden floor in front of her, then another drawing closer, to that she jumped back a couple of steps and heard a faint *wooosh* in front of her while sensing a slight breeze moving her bangs. Next came her fathers voice 'Don't move too much, just use you hand to remove the blindfold' he said and the young girl obeyed. She then saw her father's training sword a few centimeters away from her head, to the left. 'I did it!!!!!!!!' she screamed excited and then she felt her father's sword gently hitting her temple head. 'You didn't finish, you have to counterattack as well. Just like in a real battle, the opponent won't wait for you to celebrate.' To that the girl broke the stance and slightly bowed, saying: 'Thank you for the advice father.'(end of the flashback)

With a smile of her face, Ariel listened to the sound of the wings flapping "on the right" she said as she easily dodged the incoming attack and then thrusting her rapier in the bat's back, where it's spine should be. The bat let out a squeal and scratched the floor with its wing a few meters before gaining altitude. "Cmon boy, I'm just getting started" her voice now gained a tinge of excitement to its tone. 

ID.10117  BD: 10 (8+3acc-1BD) [Bleed Activated]  MD:1 (1-2 eva)

Crozeph 25/28

Ariel 28/28

Bat #1 17/30 

Bat #2 16/30 [2/2 Bleed]

((guess you're right

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(ooc: put your hands up for the crows critical streak! assuming it can't be modified even with the debuff)

Crozeph kept his eyes fixated on the bat's eyes glowing in the dark. The screech it made seemed to be for counter attack purposes "first I gotta find the pattern for those high frequency noise" he said "most RPG mobs have some kind of gesture to make before making atta..." the bat's eyes disappeared in front of Crozeph even when he's looking right at it "that's it" Crozeph closed his eyes and listened to his surroundings. He could hear the sobbing little girl, the growls of Kimba and the thrumming sound of Ariel's sword meeting the flesh of the bat. After a few seconds he heard flapping sounds on his left, a close one "right there" Crozeph pointed his sword downward and quickly raised it attacking the bat slashing from the feet up to it's head sending it upward higher than how it flew. The bat landed somewhere but Crozeph only heard a loud thud. Crozeph has been doing well even with the low light conditions and hopefully they get this over before more trouble pops up.

[iD: 10201]

Battle Dice: [10] critical success

1 base +3 weapon skill +2 weapon damage +2 critical

Mob Dice: [2] fail

Crozeph 25/28

Ariel 28/28

Bat #1 9/30

Bat #2 16/30

bleed 2/2

((you're a lucky little crow aren't you? but you forgot -1 BD from the darkness, I asked tyger for an answer about it..guess we'll have to leave it like this ..i guess. Until she replies.

Ariel was pleased to 'see' that Crozeph was making less sound than before. "Seems like he's adapting quick" she thought. "Better finish this fella quickly and see how the girl's doing." She then turns towards opponent and starts running towards it and before it gets a chance to fly up to evade her. luckily the mob noticed her assault too late and by the time it was in midair Ariel already jumped and stabbed the bat in its abdominal area. It let out a painful squeal as it desperately tried to gain a little distance between her and it. Ariel frowned and shouted: "Come back here you coward!!! Can you believe this guy?

ID:10245  BD: 10 (10+3cc-1BD) [Bleed activated] MD: 1

Crozeph 25/28

Ariel 28/28

Bat #1 18/30 

Bat #2 5/30 [2/2 Bleed]

Crozeph kept on following the sound of the bat's wings as it flies around him "I hate mobs who has a habit of not staying still" he said. The bat began charging at him again, probably wanting a little revenge for the first two hard blows it took from him. Crozeph quickly heard the sound of the bat flying closer to him. Crozeph ducked as the bat tried to bite his shoulder dodging it with ease but as soon as he followed it to attack, he tripped on a rock again almost making him fall face down on the ground. Crozeph quickly moved his left foot forward to regain balance and keep himself standing just before the bat could hit him again "yeah blame the rock, I almost got it" he thought. Crozeph tried listening to his surrounding again, waiting for the bat attack. Acting rashly is not acceptable and add up the darkness that keeps on making him blind on other things such as petty rocks getting in the way "if you're almost done Ariel just go ahead towards the girl, this one is a little lively" he said as its red glaring eyes flicker before him.

[iD: 10388]

Battle Dice: [5] - [1] = [4] fail

Mob Dice: [4] fail

Crozeph 25/28

Ariel 28/28

Bat #1 18/30

Bat #2 5/30

(ooc: I guess the jar is out of luck)

"Yeah what you're looking for are training dummies" said Ariel before focusing on her target that was still near the ceiling, unwilling to come and face her. She decided to taunt it a little more so with her left hand she searched a stone on the ground and then throws it towards the ceiling. There was no chance that she would hit the bat but she wanted to hit the ceiling in close range to it. After she heard a *Thump* and a couple of flaps she grinned "Looks like it was close enough" she thought while entering a defensive stance. The flapping sound was drawing closer from above, it was impossible for her to dodge it entirely so instead she decided to concentrate on hitting it. Once she thought the bat entered her range, she thrusted her rapier upwards with all her strength, once she sense a slight resistance she let out a triumphant "Hmph" in the same time receiving a hit on her left side from the bat that landed on the ground a few centimeters to her left. The room then brighten for a second while the bat on the ground shattered into polygons leaving behind some loot. 

After finishing the bat Ariel hastily collected the loot and took a look at Crozeph, he still had difficulties fighting in the dark judging by all the noises he made. But looking at his hp bar he was barely injured so Ariel decided to listen to his advice. She rushed towards the girls side, Kimba soon followed while looking at the crow fighting the bat. The lion cub would have wanted to tell him where the bat was but with only growls and roars she would just get in his way so she decided to keep the little girl save and stay by Ariel's side.

ID:10392  BD: 6 (3 +3acc +1BD<<Concentration>> -1BD)  MD: 8 (10-2eva) LD: 12

((the bats do 2 basic dmg right?

Crozeph 25/28

Ariel 26/28

Bat #1 18/30 

Bat #2 -4/30 [1/2 Bleed] (Dead)

Loot: 1 Material && 150 col

Crozeph kept his ears peeled on any movements and from what he heard, it looks like Ariel has done a good job finishing the bat she faced. Crozeph clearly heard flapping sounds behind him that he quickly slashed behind him. The glaring eyes of the bat still flickering when he turned around. Crozeph slashed again and tried hitting it but the darkness made it hard for him if his reach was enough for a successful attack. The bat let out a screech and tried to attack him but Crozeph rolled forward dodging its attack. "I was so close to hitting it" he thought as he follows the eyes still and his ears on everything around him. It looks like the darkness has found its way to lessen his chance of attacking it but that will only last for a few minutes, seconds if he was lucky enough "looks like I'll have to make a better aim on it" he said.

[iD: 10393]

Battle Dice: [6] - [1] = [5] fail

Mob Dice: [1] fail

Crozeph 25/28

Ariel 26/26

Bat #1 18/30

(ooc: I was so close and yes 2 damage)

"Are you hurt somewhere?" she asked the girl while touching her in different spots to ensure that she wasn't bleeding in any place. She meet little resistance from the girl that was rubbing her eyes to stop her tears. After making sure she wasn't bleeding Ariel took her hands and let out a gentle voice: "Don't worry you're safe now. Your mother sent us after you!" the shen motioned Kimba to get closer "Here look we even have a fearless lion to protect you. So you don't have to cry anymore, okay?" Getting the q (IDK how its written..its means hint/signal) Kimba turned towards the bat and Crozeph and made a couple of steps towards them, then let out a terrifying roar in a attempt to calm the girl in Ariel's arms, that were behind the familiar. 

The girl stopped sobbing and Ariel felt like she calmed down a bit, judging by the fact that the little girl almost stopped shaking after her familiar let out the roar. She then continued talking to her, with one eye on the battle...or better say one ear. "Hey I'm Ariel, what's your name?" she asked and after a while the girl moved her lips in a shaky voice "Ingrid" she muttered. "Nice to meet you Ingrid, and this valiant lion over here is Kimba, she will make sure to keep you safe no matter what" said Ariel while Kimba approached them and started brushing against the little girl while purring like a kitten.

Crozeph was still struggling in the dark, it was already making him feel a little uncomfortable. The screeching sound the bat makes is also annoying him "I can't lose my cool here" he said. Crozeph heard the flapping sound on his left now, he slashed at it and tried to slash one more. Crozeph soon felt that he missed his attack and heard the rushing sound of the bat. Crozeph quickly jumped back an dodged the attack of the bat at least to keep him from getting wounded. Crozeph saw Ariel on the other side with the girl "just stay there, I'll deal with this" he said raising his sword. The gleaming red eyes of the bat kept on hovering in front of him and its the only thing he could use to keep up with the bat.

[iD: 10446]

Battle Dice: [1] fail

Mob Dice: [7] - [2] = [5] fail

Crozeph 25/28

Bat #1 18/30

The little girl swallowed the nod in her throat and then extended her hand, petting Kimba on the head. Ariel chuckled and put her hand above the girl's:

"When we get you back to town you can tell your friend that you bravely fought the darkness and got to pet a lion. I'm sure they will think you'll be popular after this" it seemed that the girl was beginning to calm down as she let out a small "yes!" while gently stroking her hand over Kimba's fur. Ariel then turned around where Crozeph fought... if she wouldn't hear the bat squeak soon, after receiving a hit from him, she would jump in and help finish it. She understood that he wanted to finish it alone, but they had to get the girl to safety as soon as possible. She continued to listen to the battle, meanwhile the little girl released a giggle while playing with the cub.

Crozeph can't stand it anymore, if the battle takes too long not only the bat will give them a hard time getting out, other mobs will also close in and finish them off "ok Ariel, we need a new plan I seem to be at a great disadvantage here" he said. Crozeph saw the red eyes going straight towards him "let's give it a try again" Crozeph dashed forward a few feet and tried to slash at the bat in front of him but it disappeared quickly making him miss again "that damn bat is driving me batty" he said. Crozeph then heard a loud screech that he covered one of his ears and tried to find where it came from. The bat tried to bite him again this time but failed as Crozeph rolled backward "that was close" he said. Crozeph is now standing in between Ariel's location and the bat, no chance of getting out now unless Ariel joins the fight "let Kimba guard her for a while, we have to finish this before other mobs follow that screech this bat made" he said as he raised his sword guarding him from the bat.

[iD: 10523]

Battle Dice: [4] - [1] = [3] fail

Mob Dice: [2] fail

Crozeph 25/28

Bat #1 18/30

That was the signal Ariel needed, as soon as she hear Crozeph tell her to leave Kimba with the girl she addressed the child: "Okay now Ingrid, you be a good girl and hand tight to her. Onee.san has a little business to attend to." she then turned and it could not be seen because of the dar but she showed a grim grin while dashing towards the bat: "Roger that" she said passing by crow's right as fast as a predator. The bat was now her prey and she wouldn't let it escape that easily but the bat had the same idea and started charging towards her as well. When she heard the bat's flapping It was too late to evade and the only thing she could do is instinctively block with her vambraces, hoping to decrease the damage she would receive. Then she turned towards Crozeph:

"A feisty one isn't he?"

ID: 10528 BD: 4 (2+3acc-1BD) MD: 8 (10-2eva)

Ariel: 23/28

Crozeph 25/28

Bat #1 18/30

Crozeph didn't respond right away from Ariel's question and instead he gave a soft laugh "yeah, that bat is annoying the hell out of me" he said. Crozeph then raised his head revealing his annoyed face, a pair of glaring raven-black eyes and a wide grin on his face "that screeching sound, flapping wings, this darkness, and the thought of spiders that might appear, it annoys me a lot" Crozeph dashed forward not waiting for the bat to take the first move, a lot of time has been wasted. Crozeph followed the flapping sound of its wings "right there" Crozeph ran up a few feet on the wall and jumped forward slashing thin air. Crozeph landed on the ground rolling but recovered quickly, his acrobatics was not yet invested by skill points making his stunts rough and close to failure. After a few seconds he heard a thud followed by a screech "looks like I wounded it this time" he said "now we can hit it while it's still down Ariel" he told her. Crozeph also felt a short pain on his shoulder and realized that he also lost a few of his HP, not that it mattered because his battle healing kicked in anyway bringing back almost the HP he lost a few seconds ago.

[iD: 10701]

Battle Dice: [8] - [1] = [7] success

1 base damage +3 weapon skill +2 Crimson Flare 

Mob Dice: [8] success

Craft Dice: [12] battle healing activated

+1 HP gained

Crozeph 23/28

Ariel 25/28

Bat #1 12/30

Ariel was about to reply to his remark saying 'Don't let it get to you too much, especially here where it has the damage' but by the time she thought of saying it, she could hear and see Crozeph's figure running against the wall. She smiled at the thought of him running against the wall like in some old movie, but was surprised to head a heavy *thump* sound on the grown followed by his comments. She dashed towards the place she heard the large sound and as she drew closer she could noises on the ground. Once she was certain of its location she thrusted her rapier directly in the mob's abdomen pinning it down to the ground with her rapier. The mov let out a squeal while moving chaotically, but Ariel wouldn't let it take flight again."Do it now, finish it!! I don't know how much I can hold it down like this."

ID: 10705 BD: 6 (4+3acc-1BD) MD: 1 (1-2eva)

Crozeph 25/28

Bat #1 5/30

Crozeph quickly ran forward to finish off the bat as Ariel tried holding it down on the ground "not so lucky today crow" he said. Crozeph reached Ariel's location and quickly stabbed the bat but to his dismay the bat began moving its wings wildly and raised its head trying to bite Ariel's head off "get out of there Ariel" Crozeph held the rapier by the  blade as the bat moved furiously and pulled it out before pushing her aside. Crozeph tried replacing the rapier with his sword to pin it down but the chaotic movement of the bat launched him in the air along with the bat. Crozeph kicked the bat and landed on the ground safely, a bit of a rough landing but he didn't lose any HP and that's the good thing he can see right now "that was close call on you, never heard someone die of decapitation but I guess it's possible" he told her. Crozeph stood up and dusted his cloak "too lively" he said "most annoying mob I met" he added.

[iD: 10706]

Battle Dice: [5] - [1] = [4] fail

Mob Dice: [7] - [2] = [5] fail

Crozeph 25/28

Bat #1 5/30

After being pushed back , evading his attempt to bite her head off Ariel now was pissed, being pushed aside by the mob: "Why you little..." and after Crozeph detached himself from the bat she went as low as she could, mustering all the strength she had into her legs and jumped using the passive Acrobatics skill. With a normal jump she would never hit it but with the passive she was able to jump almost 3 times her height and stabbing the bat mid-air right in the back between the wings. she then graciously landed and pushed Crozeph aside so that they evaded the falling corpse of the bat. But it disintegrated into polygons before touching the ground brightening the room again and revealing a crafting material on the ground. After grabbing the item Ariel rushed by the girl's side and petted Kimba and the child on the head. "Good girls, okay now we have to get out of here." and with that she picked the girl up like a princess and started running towards the exits. While passing Crozeph she shouted: "Alright time to out of here, I doubt we'll be alone if we stick around too much, I can already hear more unwanted guests coming."

ID: 10708 BD: 10 (9+3acc-1BD) MD: 1 (2-2eva) [i don't even need this evasion:))] LD:4

Crozeph 25/28

Bat #1 -3/30

Loot: 1 material

(i think we messed up somewhere with our hp but doesn't matter now:D

Crozeph dusted of some dirt off his shoulders as he saw the bat shatter "remind me to get better accuracy equipment next time" he said. Crozeph then watched as Ariel walked back to the girl carrying a material in her hand after the kill "well it did drop something useful so I guess the trouble has been compensated" he thought. He saw Ariel carry the girl and run fast enough to make his cloak billow and her familiar running along with her while she says something to him "better get out of here I agree, I hate annoying mobs who likes to be chased" he said before dashing off with Ariel. The path had been really dark and there's no way he would hold on to Ariel's shoulder again, that would slow them down. Crozeph could hear crawling and hissing sounds behind them "looks like they've caught our scent" he told her as they keep on running. Crozeph gripped the hilt of his sword, ready to wipe the smirk off the face of any mob who comes within his sight.

"Onee-san I'm scared" said the girl in her arms as she could hear the sounds from behind. Ariel then addressed the girl in a gentle voice, as gentle as running at top speed allowed her to: "Just close your eyes and enjoy the ride Ingrid we'll soon be out of here  just listen to the little lion roar and roar with her, scare away the fear" She then turned her head to the side "Walk right on my steps, Kimba will show us a path clear of rocks, ignore what's behind,*grins* You can roar too if you want" then she heard Kimba and Ingrid roar and the next time she joined them, roaring with a smile on her face while running. They couldn't yet see the light at the end of the tunnel, the exit but the path bot brighter bit by bit, Ariel kept roaring with the other girls while laughing. She then turned her head to the side "C'mon don't tell me crows can't roar."

Crozeph gave a nervous smile "as a fan of crows, I can only give you shrill cries like they always do but that'll only make the girl more scared" he said as he kept on glancing back, ready to smite anything who dares delay they escape from the cave. Crozeph heard them roar, trying to keep the girl's fears away that might drown her. Crozeph wasn't good at giving good words that takes fears away, he was feared back in his school not because he's a bully but because he was quiet, too quiet for a boy "like a phantom" he said. Crozeph continued running his right arm moving as he contnues forward and his left hand on the hilt of Crimson Flare, his trusted weapon. Crozeph heard Ariel say something about Kimba leading the way but it seems the exit is still far, light hasn't touched their skin yet and mobs are moving around them. Crozeph couldn't see them and he doesn't know when they'll move in and attack them, every second is crucial in this escape.

Roars could be heard reverberating in the cave walls followed by a pair of running footsteps. Ariel's boots made a loud *thump* noise every time she would step, when in contrary her familiar's catlike dash could barely be heard. Ariel took notice of that as well and tried to listen to the surrounding, for some reason the noise would get closer and louder and to counter it the girls would roar more fiercely. While taking occasional glances behind to make sure Crozeph was still with them Ariel replied: "shrill cries you say? well that is something I haven't heard somebody imitate, I know its bad timing but why a choose crows as a motive to represent you? was it for the dark color or for the bird of prey-like attitude?" Luckily the cave got brighter with each step, they would soon reach the outside and maybe the darkness loving stuff that chased after them would stop pursuing them once in direct contact with sunlight.

((I'm prolonging a little so that we find a chest at the exit.

Crozeph smiled as Ariel asked her the question on why choose crows "well basically crows can be anything they want, they can eat flesh if they want to" he told her "just like me, I can kill anyone or anything if I want to" he told her "but as for now killing anyone is quite boring with my current stats, you can't be a killer if you're prey is stronger than you" he added. Crozeph has never aimed to be a Pker but the thought of other players who died because of player killing makes him angry enough to be one "Pkers kill players but who kills them if they've done too much?" he said "that's why a lot of people call me crow, I earned it by the way" he aded. Crozeph could remember his half-brother calling him crow because he's a bit like it and his name rhymes with it "then after he died here I took up the name" he said as they kept on running.