(SP-F10) A race through the Cave

Today was a day unlike any other one. Today we were able to search the 10th floor for anything that could be useful. The one thing that i cared the most for was the boss door which would eventually lead us to the next set of floors, which would then mean we are closer to completing this game than we thought. I was so excited to just have made it this far without dying. With the new armor make-up i shouldnt have much more to worry about, other than knowing about the existence of Unique items.

Alright, we are so close as is...lets not screw this up. I spoke to myself as i transported myself to the tenth floors main city.

As soon as i got up there, it got really dark. The city was at the center of a cave that seemed to extend endlessly in every direction but i could barely see as far as i thought i could before, Maybe there was something about this floor that made it different.

Maybe there is a certain skill one learns to be able to see in the dark. Maybe i should have thought about investing in that before attempting to get on this adventure...eh, the black armor should be able to allow me to blend into the environment. I spoke to myself as i began to walk through the city and make my way towards the outskirts where the real test would begin, knowing that there are monsters out there that are willing to kill for no apparent reason other than being programmed that way. 

I walked aimlessly outside of the cities safety walls and began to trek through an area very unknown to me. It was very dark in the depth of what i could only compare to hell, but the only thing i could see was my hands in front of my face because of how dark it was, and i wasnt even smart enough to bring some sort of torch but this isnt so bad. The only creepy part about walking this area by myself was hearing the strange noises and not being able to see them approach me if something was to happen. This was going to be the longest walk to my destination but i was going to have to live with it if i was ever going to be useful in this game since no one wanted me in the boss raids so ive gotta find some use to playing around here

Suddenly i heard a very loud squealing in my ear and as i turned, a gigantic bat flew down and almost took my head clean off my body. Lucky for me i was able to dodge at least this time. I drew my katana and literally began to listen to the surrounding noises to make sure i could actually see the possible monsters coming my way. When i heard the screech the second time i aimed my katana in the same direction as the screeching noise.

Dice ID #9728 (1 for me and 7 -1 for EVA = 6 for the Mob)

I missed the creature horribly, i must have been hearing the echos of the last attack, bouncing off the the walls of the cave. The gigantic bat scrapped my shoulder but suddenly cried out in pain as it struck the spikes on my armor and caused a minor amount of pain.

Ryu 67/68 (Bat does 5 damage but i have 4 mit so only 1)

Bat 1 18/20 (-2 from thorns)

The bat was a very persistent little bugger seeing as it only wanted to attack the man who just wanted to find a door, but i guess its all in the programming so i had to deal with whatever the game threw at me. I was a high enough level for this game to not make me worry for at least a couple of floors from here. I heard another screech and got into a stance to attempt to strike the monster down.

Dice ID 9732 (roll of 2 + 2 -1 =3 and Enemy of 5 - 1 =4)

The bat flew clean over my head as i swung low this time thinking that it would aim for my chest. I spun around turning to face where i believed my enemy would be striking from next but i remained silent for the screech

Ryu 67/68

Bat 1 18/20

There seemed to be more deafening screeches coming from the distance but i was sure it was just the echoes coming from my current battle, but ill focus on those things when i had the time. At this moment in time i was only focused on fighting this bat. It suddenly screeched and i heard the wind as it began to flap its wings to increase its charging speed. 

Dice ID #9736 (8 + 2 -1 is 9 but unnatural (does 10 damage!)  and Enemy gets a 2 -1 = 1)

I finally was able to calculate a precise enough attack to strike the bat and cut it down to size, cutting straight down its creepy bat body with a vertical strike. I spun off into the distance with a scream of pain as i turned around and prepared for another attack since it hadnt died on that strike.

Ryu 67/68

Bat 1 8/20

The bats anger was easily sensible and i could totally understand the Agro program must be working super hard to stop me today because this bat was more persistent than anything ive ever fought in my life before. I pulled my blade back and aimed for another attack as i heard it screech and flap its wings thinking it was going to hit me again. This thing would just never give in would it?

Dice ID #9738 (5 + 2 -1 = 6 = 10 dmg. Bat get a 7 - 1 = 6 -2 from thorns) (Natural 12 to Craft die BH = +3 HP)

I was able to strike the bat at the same moment it hit me in the chest, taking me back a bit, with its inertia but i was able to stay on my feet long enough to watch it explode into a million little diamond shards. Suddenly my battle healing took over and filled my health bar to its maximum. I breathed a sigh of relief and continued to walk the way i wanted to.

I kept walking on the pathway along the labyrinth zone hoping to find the door sooner rather than later but i wasnt able to see much with this low-light visibility which was causing my fights to be just that much harder comparatively but it was actually not hurting me that badly. I wished i had brought some sort of alternate light source but i was going to deal with it without complaining. Being the big kid i was i continued to walk without any sign of fears or any care in the world really. I had sheathed my katana but kept one hand on it at all times in case something else came out to fight but that would be the least of my worries in this world right now. All i cared about was finding this door like i have already stated. There was a very good chance that i was going to have to run my hand along a couple of walls just to make sure i know which way im going.

I walked through another doorway and suddenly heard scurrying on the rock ground. I drew my katana as fast as i could knowing that i wasnt alone anymore. Suddenly i saw a gigantic pair of red beaming eyes and knew that rats were now going to bother me for a little while...like that bat from earlier. I charged up a katana skill and charged at it hoping to have better luck fighting it than i did the bat, since its on the ground and everything.

Dice ID #9741 (9 -1 +2 is still nine (even tho its ten but cant do that) 11 dmg!) (Enemy ends with a 3 -1 = 2)

I ripped right through the rats body like it was butter. The rat squealed extremely loud letting me know it took a sever amount of damage from that last attack. I turned around knowing to prepare myself in case anything decided to make its move on me.

Ryu 68/68

Rat 1 9/20

I took up an offensive battle stance and prepared for any incoming attack that might be able to be countered just as easy as i have before. I ran at the rat hoping that i could strike it down, or at least strike enough in fear into its body so that it would either not attack or miss me completely. It screamed as it ran at me and with every different clang of my armor and scratching of its feet i could see its face approached mine. 

#9743 (both missed Ryu with a 5 and the rat with a 2)

Neither of us swung at the other, i ducked underneath it as it lunged for my face and missed. I suddenly slid on the ground and spun around just as fast as it and we both knew it was a fight we wanted to kill each other over.

Ryu 68/68

Rat 1 9/20

I let my katana recharge for a moment as i took a defensive posture this time and waited for the rat to come to me this time. When i heard the scraping of it feet from the distance i activated a katana skill and aimed for where i heard the scratching. There was an instance that i wasnt sure if i could hit the rat again because it was way faster than i originally thought. I wouldnt psych myself out for this any longer, i just focused on this fight as much as i could. 

#9745 (Heavy Crit for both me and the creature. I do 12 its does 3 with all minuses) (11 on CD means i heal three) (20 on CD means at the 25 post i find the door)

I sliced straight through the rats face as i too a claw to face that in real life would have scared me for life, but i was able to shrug it off here as the creature split straight down the middle of its body and exploded into millions of little crystals. Suddenly my health fully healed as my battle healing took over.

I wandered the floor some more moving in and out of random doors that had nothing in them but more and more darkness but i was drawing a map with every bit of information i could to pick up along the way. This was the most confusing way to roam around but i was going to live with it. There was nothing more i could do about it. However in my travels i found two different flights of stairs, one of which i had kinda just guessed was the right way to go up to the next floor for the rooms. This clearly wasnt just a straight line or one floors worth of things, it had to have multiple layers at least, that would make more sense than one gigantic stair case at the end of the entire floor. I had a decent amount of mapping data by the time i ascended the first flight of stairs.

On the second floor of the labyrinth these was something...clanking in the background and i was hoping that it wasnt another player because i would then have to beat them to the boos door and i was NOT ready for a chase and run though when i was trying to collect as much data as possible. When i got around the next corner, there was black suit of armor walking around the corridor but it had no head and was just carrying a big two-handed sword around. I was going to have to fight this thing an i was going to hate every moment of it. I breathed deeply as i drew my katana but i decided to wait just a little bit before trying to take this thing out once and for all.

I turned around the corner and the suit of armor turned to face me....um...i mean...UGH IT DOESN HAVE A HEAD SO IT CANT FACE ME....or cant it GAH IM JUST GONNA KILL IT SUPER FAST. I Charged at it, as it charged at me, both of our two-handed weapons in our hands.

#9747 (i failed with a 1 it hits with an 8 (9-1) doing 1 (5-4=1) dmg)

I was running towards it when i suddenly noticed i stuck its arm out. I didnt understand this until it was right up at me when i suddenly felt a piece of armor slam into my throat, throwing me off my feet and onto my back as i collapsed in a loud thud. The suit of armor had just clotheslined me. 

Ryu 67/68

Walking Armor 34/34

I began to rub my throat as i started coughing furiously. The one thing that i was supposed to remember suddenly was lot to me as i thought i was feeling pain but i want...i was imagining it and it was going to cause me more stress if i didnt get up now. I suddenly stopped coughing realizing nothing really happened to me. I scrambled to my feet, grabbing my weapon off the ground as i heard its footsteps rapidly approaching my position.

#9754 (Both miss) (Craft die of 10 + 3 HP)

I wasnt able to life my weapon in time, but it gave me time to duck underneath the monsters strike and get behind it as i came out of my ninja roll. I spun around and noticed my health suddenly replenish itself again which was the best thing this game has going for me right now.

Ryu 68/68

Armor 34/34

I lifted my katana back to a striking position as the armor turned around and aimed its weapon for the center of my chest. With both of our weapons aimed for the other, we charged as fast as we could and swung with such a high speed that the sound barrier seemed like nothing special. 

#9756 (I failed) (Armor hits with a "6" and take 2 for thorns)

The armor got to close to me and its own body was suddenly impaled by a strange force after it struck me with its sword and it successfully avoided my own blade. This was going to be a fight not even no worthy because i would heal much faster than it could even deal damage.

Ryu 67/68

Armor 32/34

I watched the armor run by me after that last attack and i was sure it was going to try to kill me but even i knew i was too strong for that one piece of junk to even scratch me. 1 hp is like stepping on a pebble in shoes. I lifted my katana to begin my attack back strategy against the gigantic piece of walking armor.

#9763 (Ryu, 6 , 10 dmg) (Enemy Miss)

I dodge the armors next blow better than i was before and this time i was able to land a severe strike on the side of the creature causing it to collapse onto one knee.

Ryu 67/68

Armor 22/34

The piece of metal was putting up a bigger fight than i had originally had thought it would. It doesnt have a head to do the thing normal creatures would be able to do...like SEE but i guess it doesn matter. I lifted my katana to the creature who was still on the ground. This piece of metal would die even if it didnt want to.

#9764 (I hit with a six it misses with a four)

I rammed my sword through its back and ripped off a nice chunk  of armor. The thing continued to want to stand up as i backed away.

Fine...this is going to be you're undoing bud.

Ryu 67/68

Armor 12/34

#9765 (Hit with a 7) (it misses with a "1")

It charged at me and decided it was goignt o try to get the upper hand by running around me but i had it in my sights the entire time it tried out its spectacular plan. I lifted my katana up and remembered the real world training i had been given and shifted my weight to my right foot as it charged at me and side stepped away from it. It continued to run for a moment before turning around and thats when i caught it with the sharpest part of my blade, knocking it onto its back.

You are a computer program...but you will remember this forever now. I said standing over it taunting it.

Ryu 67/68

Armor 2/34

As i laughed over it, knowing its inevitable defeat was near i decided that i would give it some more of a fighting chance and took a step back. What a mistake that was. As soon as i gave it and form of breathing room (which it doesnt make any sense without a head) it jumped up and grabbed its sword smacking me with the broadsword of its blade. I smacked my back against a wall and it thrusted its blade into my chest.

#9766 (i missed) (it heavy crits for 3 actual damage)

Ryu 64/68

Armor 2/34