[OP-F1] The Bane of their existence

It was another beautiful day in SAO. The sky was cloudless, allowing the sun to warm this world and it's inhabitants. Out in the fields, the wind gently caressing the green tundra as it blew by. Nearby the gate that led to the world outside the city was none other than Olympia. Her once light brown locks had been changed into bubble gum pink. It was something that she had always wanted to try, but never had the money to do. There was nothing holding that dream back in this world. As soon as that had been realized the act had been done. 

Wrapping a finger around one of the locks and curling it Olympia scanned through her display. She was about to go one her first boar hunt and this was the last chance to make sure that everything that was needed was in place. Not that much could be afforded right then. A light gust came from behind blowing loose locks forward.Bring her gaze up bewildered eyes stared out of the gate. It very much felt that was a sign to get moving. 

"I remember that step." Came a friendly voice as Olympia left the protection of the town of beginnings. "It was a heavy one."

A man in heavy armor, so dark a blue it was almost black yet with edges trimmed in gold. Over the armor he wore a blue haori which came down to mid thigh where a white flame pattern reached up into the light blue. At his left hip was a red and black futuristic looking katana. A mop of black hair topped his otherwise friendly looking face. The warrior sped up a half step until he caught up with Olympia.

"I take it you're about to go and challenge your first boar?"

(Level 34, Been a while since I've done an OP in a long time)

Zelrius was wielding the twinfire sword, Sticking it straight up to sky, Out infront of him. His blonde hair flickering in the dim Azure and Maroon lighting. The boy, using the other hand was fiddling with the bowtie around his neck, The stark white color changing in the light of the Fire Blade. His tuxedo looking nice and pressed, It's Dark set blue and Golden Trimmings not having a speck on them. The Blood Buccaneer's arrogant smile was ever so present, as he just stood, In an open field, miles away from closest Safe Zone. Though most would like to think he is standing out there only because he is orange and has no where else to go, But even before going orange, Zelrius was so narcissistic, and still is, that he did do this often. Away from any kind of safety, yet he still felt he was invincible.

After smoothing down his hair, The boy opened his inventory his blonde hair and heavy blue eyes being replaced by a hollowed out Hydra head, a Drop from the Floor nine boss. Zelrius straightened his tuxedo, then equipped the Azure Cloak. The cloak being as the name stated, Was light azul, baring the Sigil of the Guild known as the Azure Brigade on the back. With the Twinfire sword drawn, The boy imagined that he was either entrancing to any on looker, or terrifying, Either way, He didn't honestly care.

The last song on one of the stationary recording crystals stopped playing as I walked out of my shop through the back door that led out to the other side of the wall. Maruchan ran in front of me and barked high pitchedly looking out into the field. Then maruchan looked as if he suddenly smell something and darted off running along the wall.

"Maruchan wait up!" I yelled out to the pup as I ran to catch up.

As we neared what I could now see was Maruchans target a smile grew on my face. Maruchan then ran up to Olympia and sat in front of her panting and waiting for her to pet him.

"Hey Olympia I see Maruchan found you again. So uh what's going on in this neck of the woods? Still waiting on Azide to confirm your acceptance into the guild?." I asked Olympia as I walked up.

"Hey baldur." I said quickly to my side to baldur who was simply standing there.

In the northern marketplace, Sozen was browing the equipment when he noticed a small dog racing past the area, a player in hot pursuit. Recognizing his sparring opponent from earlier, Sozen jogged over to see what was going on, spotting the player and familiar just outside the gates, talking with a pink-haired girl and a man in dark armor. Sozen walked towards them, hand held up in greeting, his simple villager clothes a stark contrast from the higher leveled players.

"Good to see you again, X, as well as the hound! Greetings, sir and lady. Are you planning to go hunt some Monsters?"

Yet again she found herself wandering through the forests of the 1st floor. "Why are we here again?" she asked her furry companion, a white lion cub that was walking in front of her. She only got a low growl as a response from her familiar and while rubbing her forehead she continued complaining: "yeah you're right, Diana send us to her some materials for her, but why do the nepetents have to be this far away I'm tired of walking around." Apparently her teacher Diana, the NPC who thought her all about tailoring, sent Ariel out on a material hunt while she was visiting her. The blond girl continued speaking, more to herself than her familiar: "Remember not to visit her that often..she always ends up making me do things for her." She then looked around and asked kimba, her familiar: "Can't you sense those plant things nearby? I'm starting to lose my patience." the white lion cub didn't bothered to turn around while she let out a roar that scared the nearby birds from the trees.

After a while they've reached the end of the forest and Ariel could see someone in the distance, all clad in blue with his sword on fire?. "Blue?? I think that's the Azure Brigade's trademark color.What could he/she be doing here at this bottom floor, alone. I thought they would be busy in the front lines.I don't think it would hurt to go and say hi, wouldn't it?" she asked her familiar but by the time she ended her inquiry Kimba already started heading towards the figure. Ariel started walking after her familiar, a little excited to meet a member of one of the main front liner's guild.

((this is more targeted towards X than the others, but Ariel is not at the starting city's exit gates actually to quote Zel she's " In an open field, miles away from closest Safe Zone".

Once minutes ago Olympia had been standing alone by the gate, and then suddenly three other players appeared. The first to arrive was an older male player with a warm, friendly voice sporting dark armor. Like clockwork X then appeared or to be more accurate Maruchan appeared first and then X. Last was another male donning a war hammer. Kneeling down the pinkette scooped up the little dog and caressed his fur. Her stance was then adjusted so that she was facing the newly formed group. "Yep. Boars to me more specific. A heavy, but necessary step in order to survive," Olympia commented, offering an excited grin in older males direction. "And I just got the acceptance message this morning. So I'm now officially in S1." There was not keeping the excitement out of her voice.

At first, there was some hesitation about joining a guild, but the positives by far outweighed the negatives. One the top of the list was haveing friends that could be relied on. Speaking of people to rely on..."Would you guys want to join me on my hunt?" 

Baldur smiled warmly when Olympia was heading out to fight boars and that she had joined Square One. He made a downward gesture with his right hand and pulled up the menu. Maneuvering into his inventory, he selected a heal potion and hit the 'Materialize' button to make the potion appear in his hand.

"I'm glad to see that X didn't scare you away from them. They're a good guild, and like to help out new players."

Baldur held out his hand, offering the small red vial to Olympia. "You should be careful though, many players go out there unprepared, and your first couple boars can be the most dangerous things you'll find in the game."

Once she had taken the potion from him, he seemed to realize he had forgotten something.

"Oh, padon me. I am called Baldur." He said, offering her a slight friendly bow. "I would join you, but if I did, you wouldn't get any rewards for defeating them."

-1 Healing Potion

"Ah, a fellow new recruit! Pleased to meet you, I am Sozen. If you plan to go fight the constructs out there, I'd be happy to lend my hammer given we're the same level."

He gave a wry grin and tugged at his sleeve. "I could certainly use some Col and Mats to improve my gear. But of course, as the beginner of the hunt you'll have first right to the drops."

Turning to the armored man, Sozen respectfully nodded. "And thank you for the advice, sir. Hopefully we'll soon be to where we can help you."

"Well gee we have quite the party now huh?" I said surprised.

With baldur around I now know Olympia is in good hands. Then again I could use some mats to get back on track with my shop. It's also well known that I personally hate grinding and hunting boars. I looked down at Maruchan who was simply rolling around in the grass.

"Boar hunting is so boring I don't really want to go... So I'm taking off, don't worry Olympia your in good hands with baldur. Anyways later!" I said as I picked Maruchan up.

I began walking back to my shop then turned around and waved at the now crowd of people at the front gate.

XWuZHeAR leaves RP

The older male player, now known as Baldur, had extended a little red vial in her direction. An HP potion. More importantly the only option that would be in her entire inventory. "Thanks, Baldur," Olympia sincerely grinned, "I promise to be careful." With that said a hand was extended and the gift accepted. Even if it was just one, it felt better than having none.

Her attention was then directed to the other unfamiliar male when he started speaking. As it turns out his name was Sozen, and was a fellow guildmate of hers. From the looks of it he was new just like herself. During that time, X had excused himself from the expedition. "Later X!" Olympia called as the duo left. Right then it dawned upon her that everyone, but herself, had introduced themselves. "Oh, by the way, I'm Olympia." The pinkette added a small wave to the introduction. By that time the sun had risen just slightly higher in the sky, indicating that the day was passing. "Well, Baldur, if you change your mind you know where to find us and Sozen, are you ready for our hunt?" A hand rested on the hilt of the rapier as an excited grin made its way on her features. It was time to go kill her first boar. 

Kosan was alone , pretty much bored staying outside the town near a boar camp.. He was bored , mostly because here people would "rush" to kill some boars but it seemed like no one was there.. Not for now at least.. "God .. Will anyone ever come here ?.. I might just help the next group.." He said as he opened his map seeing Zelrius , his guild mate is on the same floor as him.. Kosan smiled a little as he sent him a PM "Hello friend , I see you are on floor 1 as well.. You might just pass by or I don't know your reasons , but if you are here doing nothing I invite you to my place.. Come near the boar spawn , the one that is the nearest to the town.. I am there under a tree.. Meet me there or let me know if you're busy.. Kosan out." . Kosan clicked the send button and waited for either a group to come or Zelrius respond to his message..

Baldur smiled at Olympia and Sozen and then gave them a bow. "Good luck. And remember, there's no shame in running. Pace yourselves. If it gets to the point where a crit could kill you, that's when you should back off and come back to town." He nodded to each of them and then turned and walked back into town in the direction of his shop.

I hope they'll be alright. Baldur thought to himself as he navigated the streets. He could remember when he and Tyger first set out onto the field to hunt their first boards. They had been lucky enough to have some real life sword training, so they were able to get safely out of the low levels. But then there had been the time with the pack of wolves when Baldur had been by himself and he had to run all the way back to town or risk dying and leaving Tyger by herself.

Baldur stopped for a moment in the streets, then pulled up the menu and sent a PM to them, saying that if they needed help, they just needed to ask.

-1 Baldur

As she drew closer to the mysterious blue clad figure she could see his features. A boy? wearing a tuxedo, and with a cloak behind him "He sure knew how to ruin that tuxedo" she thought while continuing to close on on him. Then she saw his face...or at least what covered his face? "What the? what is that on his head?"  she said softly, unable to contain her surprised voice. Kimba started growling as well at the sight of his mask."It's okay girl, that must be something like a custom tailor made item...but who would make something that ugly? even worse, who would be mad enough to wear that?" she said to her familiar trying to calm her.

Then she saw that his sword was actually on fire, like for real???. As she reached his field of vision, she could clearly see the Azure Brigade's Sigil on the cape, but also the Orange mark above his head, taking a better look at the mask she saw that is was supposed to be a hydra head. She then greeted him ignoring the Orange marker:

"Hello there, I'm Ariel. I have to say that's a pretty nice sword you have there. Can you tell which blacksmith made it or was it a mob drop??? Also, as a professional tailor I find it is my duty to advise you to lose the mask...It's kind of ruining that fine tuxedo you're wearing...Ignoring the cape of course, that thing is horrible but understandable since it's used to show your allegiance to a pretty good guild." She addressed him with a firm tone, her left hand unconsciously positioned on top of her black rapier's hilt, more of a trained reflex than actual awareness. Kimba stopped by her side, looking at the mask, for some reason she wanted to play with it.

((Ariel and her familiar's descriptions in the signature.