[PP-F4] Polar Opposites (Keith, Kiru)

Keith still held Kiru's hand as they exited the Valentine's Festival. He walked along with her, away from any other locations that players might be. Eventually, they came to a frozen lake. The moon's light cast out over it and arora lights danced along the sky, showing every color of the spectrum as they walked. Keith smiled and looked to Kiru, putting one arm around her as he let go of her hand. "It's weird, isn't it? This was the same Floor you were ready to gut me on. But now... Here we are." He said with a little laugh, looking to Kiru. It was still odd how their relationship had changed. And frankly... Keith was happy. He would have been handcuffed a thousand times again to be with her.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After leaving the Valentine's festival I felt a weight being lifted off of my shoulders, like I didn't have all that pressure to be a mushy girlfriend, or a loving fiance for the matter. I held onto Keith's hand and let him lead us to a frozen lake. My eyes gleamed at the sight of a rainbow-like light illuminate the ice, it was beautiful. I sighed, nostalgia kicking in and memories returning. "Yeah...It's funny. We first started as two independent players with very different goals...then the handcuffs. Following that was the Holiday party you talked me into, then of course the entire meltdown of the two of us. The quite interesting reattachment...Napalm..Shade..Vile, everyone...." I guided us down onto the snow and sat beside Keith with his arm still draped around my shoulder.

Everything from the first day I had met Keith came back to me. How I was arrested for being his "accomplice," spending the time with him, learning that he was the reason I was here. All of the good thoughts stopped when I remembered a question I had asked him. I looked to Keith and clenched my hand into a fist. "Keith? On the first day we met, I asked you a question but you sort of dodged it so I would like to you answer me this time. And be completely honest."  I took a deep breath and continued. "If I was a Maverick right now, killed people, and even went after you...what would you do?" I asked, turning my face away from his, I couldn't bear to watch him when he answered this. I had laid such a question on him. This wasn't just a random question, it had actually been on my mind a lot lately. Now that we were discussing old times.....

Keith stopped dead in his tracks, not looking over his shoulder at Kiru after moving a little bit ahead. "..." Keith just stayed quiet, and he shoved his hands into his pockets. He drew a deep breath and then exhaled, a small puff of icy breath going into the air. "...I would let you kill me..." He whispered, looking over his shoulder at her. He felt like crying. He didn't know why, but, this whole moment told him to do it. "I would dishonor myself, the guild, and all of Aincrad, just so I wouldn't have to hurt you. I don't care how many innocent would be lost, or even my own life. None of that would matter to me if it costed you." It was selfish of him. Completely selfish. He was saying he cared more for Kiru than countless innocent. But frankly, that's how he felt. He loved her just that much.

Keith then sat down on a log, which faced the lake. He sighed and cupped his hands over his face, not satisfied with the answer he had given. It was a bad answer from every perspective, but it was what he meant. "Sometimes... I just wonder how I got here..." He sighed, looking down. Azure was the strongest guild in Aincrad history, and Keith had to represent it. He was shunned for being a PKer, and he also had to worry about Mavericks constantly. Keith just couldn't fill the roles he had been given, and people kept asking him questions he just didn't have the answers to. "Kiru... I... I just love you..."

Keith's reply shocked me, I didn't expect him to say anything like that. I let in a small breath of air and turned completely around, away from Keith. Right now I couldn't face him, the questions were so painful but they needed to be answered. So, just like him, I was also going to answer the question." If I were to be a Maverick and kill countless innocent lives I think that...I think that I would stick myself with a dagger before ever pointing it at you. It's cliche but I don't think I could ever stand to hurt you. What you said to me that night never left me. "..It's not... The pain you're doing to me that hurts....It's the fact... You would do this to yourself that really stings." Going back to that, I now have a proper answer for that. I think that I would do that to myself a thousand times before doing it to you." I slowly turned around, sniffling just a little to hold back my own emotions. "I would stab myself even if it stung you on the inside." 

I walked forward and took a seat next to Keith, resting my head on his shoulder. "I wonder as well...." I said, thinking of all of the changes I had gone through since I met Keith. After a year of not showing emotions or opening up, he came and ruined it all in the best way possible. Keith made me cry, laugh, and most importantly he taught me how to trust. At this point I no longer feared of him stabbing me in the back as soon as I let my guard down. Even if he did stab me, I would be glad it was him and not someone else. "I do too..."

Keith sighed and nodded, shuddering slightly at Kiru's touch against his shoulder. He put his arm around her, gently rubbing her arm to warm her up a little, since the air was a bit chilly. Since they left the carnival, they could get a little more snuggly without anyone giving them any looks. "You know, it's funny... We have every reason to hate each other, yet we just... Don't..." Keith said, hugging her close absently with his arm as he pondered more. "And... I'm glad... I'm glad we fell in love..." He whispered, kissing her on top of the head and continuing to snuggle up against her. Off in the distance, a few fireworks were being shot up. The burst into flickers of red, pink, and white. Mostly in the shapes of hearts and flowers. 

"Heh... I just realised... We don't need to worry about finding each other in the real world. We go to the same school." He said with a little laugh, still hugging Kiru as he watched the fireworks in the distance. Seems that after overcoming everything going against them, fate just decided to let them be together.

Keith's touch warmed me intantly. I was wearing his scarf but his hug made me melt. Being near him always put me in a good mood. "I did hate you at first, but not for bringing me into the game. I hated you for always being happy- for being so positive all the time. I was jealous of how you handling situations and how everyone loved you, no one was afraid of you after knowing you. Me on the other hand...I have people who don't like me, who want to kill me. I have players afraid of me. But still...I don't think I could hate you if that makes sense." I said, looking up at the sudden burst of the light in the sky. Fireworks were being shot into the sky in celebration of the holiday today. 

I stared blankly at the the exploding lights in the sky. They were forming hearts, making tons of noise, and illuminating the sky yet, I still yawned. Since the incident with Napalm I hadn't slept at all, I physically couldn't. That was a day where Keith had almost died from falling to hot lava, because I wasn't watching him at all. I found it difficult to drift off because of the experiences that day, they haunted me and caused me to stay awake. Normally I didn't sleep really but this was the longest I had gone without any shut-eye, and frankly it was wearing me out. "Keith...I'm glad I'm not Aoi...and that I got trapped here with you." I mumbled, closing my eyes slowly. Most likely he wouldn't know what I meant but it was still a good thing to be said before I fell asleep for the first time in awhile. 

Keith blinked and looked at Kiru, who had fallen asleep. He smiled, giving her an elongated kiss on the lips before taking off his small blue vest, putting it around her like a small blanket. What she said last, however, left a lasting impression. People out there wanted to hurt, or even kill, Kiru. The fact she felt like she had a dug a hole she couldn't get out of made Keith feel sad. "Shhh... You have me, you know that." Keith whispered to the sleeping Kiru, kissing her lightly on the lips before looking up at the sky. "If there's a way I can protect you... I'll do it. No matter what." He whispered, starting to feel tired himself. Frankly, he needed a rest. He scooped up Kiru in his arms and walked over to a pine tree, which had no snow under it.

He laid Kiru down against the trunk and he sat next to her, snuggling up against her to get cozy in the cold weather. He yawned, hugging her close as he closed his own eyes. For now, he didn't care what happened. He didn't have a green cursor, or the ability to go get a nice room at an inn to share with Kiru. But instead, he had a tree, a heart full of love, and someone to share it with. He had Kiru.

Only about three hours passed before I jolted upwards with a worried expression. My eyes widened as I remembered the dream I had. I looked over at Keith and felt a sense of relief wash over me. I wiped the sweat off of my forehead and sighed, "Just a dream. Not real.." I reassured myself and glanced at him again, just checking that he as still beside me. Suddenly, I heard a small noise behind the tree, a twig breaking. My heart began to beat faster with fear, we were outside of a safezone right now. If a Maverick were to attack, if Vile or Shade was anywhere near me, it wouldn't end well for them.  "...No. Not right now. I just had one of the best nights of my life and now something- someone is going to interrupt it?" I bit the inside of my cheek again an rose slowly, reaching for a dagger behind my back. 

From the shadows, a flicker of red shone. It was dull, yet it shown distinct enough to see. It formed the shape of a visor. The whole air seemed to take on an aura of dread, and as if all noise in the are just stopped. The figure suddenly stepped from the shadows. Dark purple and black armor armor clad the figure. Attached to his shoulder was a crossbow, at his side was a sword which crackled and hissed of a hateful, red energy. A pure yellow crystal shone above his head. Standing in the once peaceful atmosphere, stood the dark, bruting player. Then the name appeared.

<Vile>

Vile stood tall, only his deep breathing filling the silence as he looked at Kiru. He then slowly moved his head to Keith, and then to her again. Slowly stepping forward, the only sounds seemingly in the entire game were his footsteps. He stopped in front of Kiru, looming over her. He looked down at her, his presence instantly demanding silence. "Tell me... Do you believe in a God?"

Vile said simply, his visor flickering slightly as he lowered the crossbow on his shoulder.

"Because if so... Then he has abandon you."

As the figure became visible I stood completely still, it was a Maverick. The bright yellow crystal became more vibrantly weird as he stepped forward. The orange visor wasn't the only thing odd though.The appearance of the player set me off as well. He wore a deep purple armor that covered his entire body, concealing his true identity. My eyes traveled from his armor, to his mask, then to the name above his head. My eyes widened when I read the name over and over again, freaking out a little more every time I read it. "You." I hissed while clenching my teeth together. Vile. He was with Shade and Napalm, and probably wasn't here to spend Valentine's day with us. I drew in a sharp breath and glanced over at Keith. "You are here to kill him? Am I right? If so then I suggest you abandon this mission of yours right now and leave because you will not lay as much as a finger on his. You disgust me. You think you can just kill everyone in this deathtrap? Hand out free copies at school? You probably knew we were all going to be stuck here. was that student by the way, the one who won the game. This is your fault!" I exclaimed, anger and fear rising up in my voice. Vile, the one Keith hated and feared so much stood right here in front of me. The promise I made to myself would not go to waste, now was my chance to actually do something for Keith, protect him for once. Tonight, I would end Vile, even if it meant becoming a yellow player or dying in the process.

I trembled just a little as the Maverick got closer, standing over the top of me. It was obvious he was trying to scare me, and it was working. His armor was daunting, just like Napalm's. The memory of Napalm and Shade and the horrible dreams all came back into my head. Then suddenly, I remembered Keith, how he was almost killed by his own father. "Y-you didn't care about him. Keith is one of the kindest people I have met, he showed me things I'd thought I never see, he taught me how to notice the smaller things. But you? You just laugh at your own son as you ripped him to shreds. And for that, I will never forgive you." I said in the most menacing tone I could muster right now. I glared with cold eyes at Vile, refusing to waver in front of him right now.

I lowered my voice and walked past Vile to get farther away from the sleeping Keith. '"....Your god has left as well, prepare to die Vile." This wasn't a battle that was Keith's it was mine. I couldn't allow Vile to go after him again, especially after everything before. He was always there for me, now it was time to return the favor. I flicked my dagger forward and towards Vile as he lowered his bow. The dagger stuck him in the leg but I didn't see anything happening to his health. 

10161 BD 5+2= BD 7 (+1 ATH +1 Base Damage +3 Dagger=  5 Damage) 

Vile ???/??? (-5 if he actually gets my damage XD)

Kiru 90/90 

Vile simply watched as the small dagger scraped against his armor, hardly doing anything worth responding too. He just continued to stare down at her, his crossbow taking aim between her eyes. Then, breaking the horrific silence which had been lingering, the sound of panting and running was approaching from a distance. Then, the source came into view. The player had black hair and blood red highlights in it. None other than Shade. He launched himself at Kiru, tackling her out of the way as Vile shot where she was standing. He sat up and grabbed her by the collar of her dress, glaring and talking through clenched teeth. "You're fighting Vile!? Are you completely insane!?" He barked at her, which caused Keith to stir not too far off. 

Sitting up, Keith looked around and yawned. His view came into focus, and he saw Vile. Not only that, but he saw Shade. On top of Kiru. "What the..? What are you doing to her!?" Keith yelled, running over and tackling Shade. The two players rolled in the grass, both arguing and hitting each other. Vile just watched the two fighting, and he laughed coldly. He retracted his crossbow and turned around, beginning to walk off. Whatever he had come for, apparently he had gotten it.

Keith and Shade were still wrestling, trying to claim superiority. Keith almost had him pinned, but Shade swiftly brought his elbow up and bashing Keith in the eye. Keith yelled and fell onto his back and Shade got on top of him, grabbing his neck. Keith shifted his and the two flipped. Keith was now on top and he balled his fist, punching Shade in the mouth again, and again, and again. Shade kicked Keith off and stood up, running over and kicking him in the stomach. Keith wretched in pain but managed to grab Shade's leg, causing him to fall. He moved over and slammed his fist down into Shade's throat, causing the other boy to gag and gasp for breath. They just kept hitting each other... No end in sight.

My stomach became twisted when my attack did absolutely nothing to Vile, all it did was hit the snow pathetically. I locked eyes with the bow pointed at my head and froze is fear. "Move! Your going to get-! " Suddenly something crashed into me violently. I hit the ground hard along with another player landing on top of me. The arrow flew fast past where I was standing before. I opened my eyes wide when  When I finally realized what was going on, I looked up. Out of nowhere, the collar of my dress was grabbed by...Shade. Next he began yelling at me for attempting to kill Vile. "Get off of me! Yes! I am insane for trying to fight him but at least I'm not a coward like y-!" My sentence was again cut off by Shade being removed from me by Keith. Them tumbled to the ground together and began to fight without end. This wasn't good. In all of the chaos, Vile began to leave the scene. I looked at my two options: Go after Vile or end the fight between Keith and Shade. 

Slowly, I stood up and winced from the fall. That boy. I swore, looking at the blue haired boy and the black and red haired boy fight. Watch your back Vile! I screamed after the Maverick and began to run towards the other two idiots. They were both next to each other on the ground punching and kicking one another with no stop. Finally, I lunged myself on top of the two and stared at them both. "Stop it, right now! Keith this is not like you, so stop..." I turned the Shade next with a cold and serious face. "And you. Shade, I'm going to end you if you don't get out of here in the next five seconds!" I scolded them both like children but I kept a glare on Shade. My statement was true, I did swear to kill Shade after all, but not right now. He just "saved" me from an arrow after all.

Shade scowled and wormed his way out from under Kiru. He stood up and brushed snow off of himself. "I save... Your life... And this is the thanks... I get..?" Shade's voice was raspy, and he seemed to have a hard time breathing. Keith stood up also, cupping one hand over his left eye, which looked black and swollen. "Save her life? Pfft... That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard. I bet you and Vile were in on this. And when I wasn't awake you were-" Keith clenched his fist and looked at Shade. "...Just get out of here. I'm sick of seeing you." Not only had Keith missed the chance to confront Vile, but Shade had quite possibly hurt Kiru. And that's where it crossed the line.

Shade scowled and turned around, storming off in the opposite direction. His breathing had become easier, and he stopped and turned around, addressing the two one last time. "Do you know why Vile was here? Because he needed interaction. He needed something to show his leagues of Mavericks, so they knew what to go after." Shade spat out, turning around again. "And because I tried to stop it, I'm added to that list. Next we meet, I expect respect."

I breathed out harshly and stood up to face Keith. "Nothing happened, he just tackled my for no reason, interuppted my battle, and woke you up. You weren't supposed to be awake to see Vile...." I reassured him, looking down at the ground. This was my chance to rid Keith of one of his issues and Shade had to come in and ruin it. He made Keith see his father again, he made him worry again. Keith saw Vile, he knows that he was here. I couldn't let it go.

I spun around when Shade began to speak about respect, oh the nerve he had. "I don't care if you saved my life! You shouldn't have interrupted! Just as you said, you were added to that list because you interacted. If you just thought about how it would have affected you then you wouldn't be on the so called "list!" Go run back to Vile and beg for forgiveness. Next time I see you...y-your..your dead! " I threatened Shade as he exited. I stood there, staring at Shade walking away as tears began to form in my eyes. My shoulders shook and I fell to my knees. "K-Keith...I'm so sorry.." I said in between chokes. Tears that I held back for the longest time began to spill out all at once. "I'm sorry." 

Keith walked in front of Kiru, getting on his knees as well. Shade had vanished, so he only needed to focus on her. "Hey... Don't cry..." Keith whispered, wiping a tear from her cheek with his thumb. "I can't see your beautiful eyes when they're full of tears." He whispered again, trying to give Kiru a straight smile. Of course, there will still a lot of things going on. But right now, he needed Kiru. "Kiru... This is my fault... I should have watched where I was going in that town... I'm putting you through the worst relationship ever... We can't even just live together for one night because of my crystal. You deserve better than that. You deserve better than me." Keith said, looking down at the ground. "I don't deserve you... I never should have kissed you... This is all my fault. It's my fault you're going through all of this..." He whispered, not looking up from the ground. Because he loved Kiru, he had been pulling her along for some of the most horrifying experiences possible. 

Beautiful? I said with a chuckle and wiped my tears from my face. There was still a lot things I needed to get out but right now was not the time. I looked into Keith's eyes with mine. Instead of glaring or having vibrant blue eyes, they were dull. No emotion at all was shown on my face as I sniffled and took in a deep breath. "I couldn't do it...I-i froze. I was so scared...I couldn't even focus enough to land a hit on him.  Don't you see Keith? I'm...I..I can't even do one thing for you and it kills me to see you in pain all the time! You are always shielding me and getting hurt! I hate it..." I trailed off, remembering all of the times Keith was hurt because of me. I couldn't even count all the times, there were too many. 

The next thing Keith said was insane, that it was his fault I was attacked. "Shut up. It's not your fault, none of this is. I was the one that challenged him. Vile was probably watching us from afar. And if I wasn't there to confront him then he would have sleep PKed you or something. I couldn't keep Vile from you. I don't deserve you, I can never help you in any way...I'm just so useless right now!" I said, clenching my fists to make them stop shaking. Right now was where I began to break down, falling into a state of shock and crying. 

Keith just looked at Kiru, and he shook his head. "Kiru..." He whispered, before moving and putting his arms around her. He hugged her close and crashed his lips against her's, making it known how he truly felt. He had one hand behind her head, ruffling her hair slightly as it deepened the kiss. When he finally broke away, Keith panted slightly as he looked to Kiru. She always was the better kisser. "When you became my partner, you swore your life to me, and mine to you. We promised to always be at each other's back." Keith kept eye contact as he gently cupped her cheeks. "But when we became lovers... We swore much more than that."

Keith didn't care how he sounded. He didn't care how cliche this was. He just needed to let Kiru know that he belonged to her. He was her's. "Someday... We can have a house outside the safe zones. And we can be together. Just like... Just like we should be..." He said, wanting nothing more than to just be with Kiru. He just wanted to love her, but so many things kept trying to prevent it.

The sudden kiss made me melt, but it didn't stop the way I felt. After the kissing stopped I still didn't feel any better. This was weird considering that just touching Keith made me feel awesome, except now. I was just so upset at myself for missing an opportunity and at Keith for feelings bad about himself. "It doesn't matter if all that happens is you saving me. I am no damsel in distress you know..." I said, pouting slightly as I sniffled. It was true that Keith was always the one to be there for me. I was almost never there to protect him or be at his side. "When Floor 10 is found, we can live in a house outside the safe zone together.  ...I promise you Keith that I will be the one to kill Vile, you don't need that that pressure anymore. Don't even think about Shade or Vile anymore!" I faked a smile and held Keith's hands as we sat on our knees together. I couldn't bear seeing him in pain, especially not after seeing Vile.

I looked behind Keith and gasped slightly. My "smile" faded as I stood up slowly. From where Shade had taken off, four more players came, each sporting a yellow stone above their head. There was something else that was weird though. Two of the Mavericks dragged a player behind them. Keith. I know I just I'm useless...so now I won't be! You go somewhere please....don't be the hero this time! I said, walking towards the four players, not allowing Keith to see the face I had on now. There was no time to ask them if they were evil, I knew that right now they were after Keith.

Keith held up one hand, but realised that Kiru would not be satisfied if he helped. Keith sighed and looked at the player who had been dropped. Shade. Keith scowled, but remembered Shade was still a person. He had a right to live. Keith crawled behind the group of Mavericks, making his way to Shade. Hopefully, Kiru could keep them distracted. The four Mavericks produced their weapons, looking at Kiru. The first one walked forward, who held a rapier awkwardly in his hand. He was short and skinny, but seemed like the leader. 

"Ha ha! Quiver in fear of thith mighty gwoup!" He said with a heavy lisp, motioning to the other three. "Fow I am.. Leada Red!" He finished, striking a pose.

A fat one with a large sandwich stood beside him, taking a bite and swallowing. "Guh!" He grunted, taking another bite and posing lazily.

A guy who just looked completely normal stood forward, and he rubbed his neck awkwardly. "Yeah... They're just paying me a lot. Number 3 Blue." He said, posing awkwardly.

A girl with blonde hair and blue eyes looked around, finally blinking and getting the idea. "Oh! Um... Keith is kinda hot, but we're gonna beat him up, right? Number 4 Pink!" She said, striking a pose.

"Fea uth! Fow we ah... L.O.S.E.R! League of Thuper Evil Recweates! Vile witheth he wuth ath thtwong ath uth!"

I smiled when I heard Keith leave from behind me, he actually trusted me to handle this one on my own. I narrowed my eyes at the four ahead of me, they didn't look like much to me. I inspected each of them as they made their introductory poses and stated their names. The first one's speech sounded slurred while the bigger one to the right of him was eating. The third player seemed out of placed, maybe forced, but the fourth one and only girl was annoyingly cheerful. Either way, this group was lame. Something in the distance caught my eye though. I looked behind them and sighed, Keith didn't leave, he was helping Shade of all people. I snapped my attention back to the four and glared. "Not only am I disappointed at the pathetic group that Vile sent after me but I'm also amused that you think Keith is a guy. I'm Keith, a girl. My username is Kiru but Vile refers to me as Keith because he hated a player by that name, I am hated by Vile as well so he calls me Keith? Got it?" I said, tilting my head slightly with a smirk. My eyes flashed slightly at the mention of Vile's name but I kept going. I was dead serious now, if they were associated with Vile... I pulled a dagger from behind my back and twirled it in the air. "Now...which of you would like to die first hm?"

ID:10209 BD; 3+2=5 (Miss)

Kiru 90/90