[PP-F4] Polar Opposites (Keith, Kiru)

Red gasped and straightened up. "Yeth! Thith ith wonderful! Afta we beat Keith, Vile will thee uth ath worthy wivals! L.O.S.E.R, attack!" They all struck a pose again and blew up small, cheap party popper for some unneeded dramatic effect. "Guh!" Yellow said, turning around and swinging his sandwich, accidently hitting Pink with it. "Omigosh- Did you just get mustard in my hair? You're such a pig!" She whined, stomping her foot. The heel crunched Blue's foot, and he yelled, staggering back and falling back onto Red. Red yelled as he was crushed under the larger man, and the whole group just kept arguing. Clearly, nothing was getting done. It didn't even seem like they could even stay organized to make a move yet. 

In the confusion, Keith had pulled away Shade, who had just started to come to. "Hey... Hey. Finding Emo. Wake up." Shade groaned and rubbed his head opening his eyes. "What the..? What the hell?" Shade said sitting up and looking at what was going on, and then back to Keith. "Dare I ask?" Keith just looked back and shook his head. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prepared for an attack but straightened when they didn't attack. Instead of getting weapons out they trompled each other and couldn't even shut up for one second to notice that they were all vulnerable for a hit. They made an necessary and obvious signal of start yet they couldn't even move as much as a foot towards me. I sighed and slapped my hand to my head. They weren't even worth my time right now. "Okay...um how about you guys save yourselves the trouble and just leave?" I asked, disgusted at the group of losers. I shrugged and threw a dagger hard towards the group, sticking Red in the leg. 

ID 10211; BD 5+2=7 (+1 Base +1 ATH +3 Dagger= 5 Damage)

1- 10/15

2- 15/15

3- 15/15

4- 15/15

Kiru 90/90

Red was stabbed in the knee and he fell back onto his bottom. "I'm hit! I'm hit! Get uth outta here!" He screamed, the other members stopping and looking at him. "Guh!" Yellow said, picking up Red and running up. Blue and Pink exchanged looks and then ran off after them, the entire gang fleeing after just one fight. Keith came out from behind the bushes, Shade leaning on him for support. "Yeesh, Kiru... I knew you could be scary, but that was harsh. Red actually wet himself." Keith said with a whistle, as he looked over to Shade. "Also, I got urban-me out of there in time." Shade scoffed and glared at Keith. "Faker." Keith rolled his eyes and looked back to Kiru. "We can't just leave him here. He'll die. And he's way too prideful to admit he needs our help." Shade growled in protest. "Because I don't need, nor do I want, any help you offer."

"Cowards!" I tried yelling seriously after them. In the end I couldn't help but to laugh as they ran away, the fight was over before it began. From behind I heard rustling in the bushes. I spun around, fearing it was Vile, but was relieved to see it was just Keith with an attachment hanging off of him. "Yeah well next time Vile comes I'll be ten times worse.." I said, rubbing the back of my neck slightly. I hadn't gotten that angry since that day Argumail kept attacking me. I shuddered at the memory on Agrumail laughing at my blood and moved on to look at Shade. "Speaking of which, why is that here? If he claims to not need our help then don't give it, we don't have to repay him for the potions he gave us. I couldn't care less if it died here really. Actually, would it be okay if I carried him to the edge of Aincrad and threw him over the side?" I asked, stepping forward and poked Shade hard in the chest. "Is this respectful enough for you boy?" I growled at Shade with unforgiving eyes.

Keith looked at Kiru, genuinely off-set. Did she really just say things like that? "Kiru... You were no different when we first met, but I never gave up on you. Look where that got us now. Besides, if I had to work for Vile everyday since the beginning, I would be a little grouchy too." Shade glared back at Kiru and sneered. "Oh, you better show some respect, swine.Keith elbowed Shade in the ribs, making the Maverick/Hunter grunt with pain, stopping his speech. Keith looked to Kiru again. "But... Shade says he has something that should be able to beat Vile. Not only that, but he knows where Vile's castle is." Keith said, as Shade gave a small nod. "That would be correct. I would have killed Vile myself, but... Two players are required to use this power. Not only that, but the balance must be shared. The two using it must be equal in every way." Keith looked to Kiru. "And frankly... Me and Shade are equal."

I crossed my arms and took a step back away from the two. "If you are suggesting that I will grow to love that thing attached to you then you'd better get your head checked. I will never crack as much as a smile towards him. "He has been with Vile, insulted me, and tackling me out of the range of fire. Shade interuppted one of my only chances to end Vile! And for that...I will never forgive him.Grouchy doesn't even begin to cover how he's been to you and I so don't sugarcoat it. Besides, I swore that I'd kill Shade the next time he showed his face. And would you look at that? His face is right here." I smirked and stared unemotionally at Shade. In his conditions right now, I could kill him in the matter of seconds but one thing was holding me back from doing so, it was Keith. He trusted Shade for the time being but I couldn't see why. Shade didn't care about Keith at all...but then again, why would he save me?

At the mention of Vile, my shoulders tensed and my expression became serious. They both spoke of a "power" to be used on Vile, to stop him. The only set back on killing him was finding two equal players. The funny thing was, Keith and Shade thought they were the ones. "Pfft, that's the craziest thing I've heard all day. You two are far from equal. Keith, you are kind and care about others while the idiot over there is the opposite. He has two hair colors, a sour mood, and refuses help! There's nothing about you that is like him!" I laughed, not caring how I sounded right now. 

Shade scoffed, and opened up a menu. Keith got an idea and did the same. After a hitting a few menus, stats were displayed. Every single point they had invested was in the same place. Their items did the same things. Their level was the same. â€‹"The balance is required to be spot on. Though, it can be out of proportion in a pinch." Shade stood on his own, cringing slightly as he did so, but pulled it off. He held up one of his hands and removed one of the rings that was clasped around it. "The Majin Bands. this is what can be used to defeat Vile, for good. But... Whichever one of you plans to use it, do so now. We need to check to see if this is even worth attempting." He tossed the one ring to Keith, who caught it and looked to Kiru with a shrug. "Alright... Do you want to test it or should I?"

I bent to torso forward and tapped my chin as I checked their HUDs. I scanned the two's stats carefully, everything was completely even. Their weapons, their skills, and even the levels were the same. I stood up straight and looked at the two. "I don't understand how the two of you are so different, yet are equal. You two aren't alike...I know I'm contradicting our relationship right now but this is seriously way too...too suspicious!" I spoke with a slightly uneasy tone. I had a very bad feeling about this whole situation right now. "How did Shade even acquire this item? I mean, he couldn't have just found it lying around! Also, why would he show up when Vile did? It's way too convenient if you ask me." I thought as the ring was tossed to Keith. 

The moment he finished speaking, I interjected with slightly wide eyes. "I um...don't think this is a good idea." I walked forward and took Keith's other hand without the ring. This was going to happen either way... I gave Keith a warning look but nodded. Just, be careful. I whispered and stepped away. Next, I turned to Shade and glared at him.

Keith gripped Kiru's hand and gave a nod. "Trust me. This is for the best." Keith said, clasping the ring around his wrist as Shade approached him. Then in the distance a loud scream sounded, piercing the air. Keith and Shade both got the idea and stopped the whole events. Shade already ran off towards the sound and Keith looked at Kiru. "Kiru! Come on! We gotta go!" Keith said, pulling Kiru along towards the sound of the scream. Upon arriving, it seemed that something had broken out. On the ground, a male player laid still, not moving at all. A yellow player was holding out a knife and pointing it at a girl, who could do nothing but keep screaming for help. Keith looked over the situation and then to Kiru. "Kiru, what do we do?" Keith panicked, looking back at the conflict and placing a hand on his sword.

I nodded, refusing to look at him. I knew this was a bad idea no matter which way I looked at it. An unknown item with unknown abilities is suddenly given to you by someone you hate. The logical thing would be to reject it but Keith on the other hand of course accepted it without question. "Shade...I still won't trust you even if Keith does." I thought scornfully and just as I was about to say something else, a scream cut through the air. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up as it continued. My feet wouldn't move at all when I tried, so I froze again.

I stood still until I was pulled away and forced into a run to keep up. "What is wrong with me?! I can't freeze up every time I am needed!" I was thankful that Keith was here to pull me along with him. Keith pulled us closer to the sound until finally we reached the scene. On the ground was a male player while two other players were standing. One was a Pker, holding a knife at a defenseless girl. When Keith began to ask what to in a panicky tone I closed my eyes and thought through this logically. "Since I'm more scary I'll fight the armed player. I won't hurt him unless he hurts me so don't worry. You get the girl and make sure the guy on the ground is alright." Without waiting for approval, I took a cautious step towards the player with my hands raised, as if I was surrendering. "I'm not here to attack you, just stay calm." I slid slowly in front of the girl and shoved her slightly towards Keith while maintaining eye contact with the player. He had his eyes locked with mine and a knife pointed towards my. I reached behind my back for a dagger but glanced at Keith.

Keith nodded and then moved towards the motionless player, shaking him slightly. Meanwhile, Shade had approached the girl from the other side. Shade placed a hand on the girl's shoulder to try and get her attention. And oh boy, he did. The screamed again, but not in fear this time. "WE GOT 'EM!" She yelled, producing a knife and thrusting it at Shade. The knife plunged into Shade's gut, catching him off guard. Keith blinked and looked at the conflict. "What the-!?" He couldn't say anything as the motionless player sprang into action, taking out a shiv and stabbing Keith in the shoulder. Keith yelped in pain, struggling to overcome the trap. "It's a trap! They set us up!"

(OOC- Since I have no idea what the health should be I won't do anything that damages them HP-wise.)

Before I reached behind my back, my attention snapped to the girl who was previously screaming. Now, she yelled a sort of confirmation signal, and that's when everything went haywire. My mouth gaped open as she slid the sudden blade into Shade, who was obviously caught off guard by the surprise attack. On the ground where Keith attempted to wake the player, something strange also happened. The male on the ground suddenly regained consciousness and lunged at Keith with a shiv. He successfully drove it into Keith's shoulder, causing Keith to be in pain again. My stomach twisted as I slowly returned my gaze towards the player with his knife pointed at me. He was a lot closer to me now, practically drawing blood on my neck. I swallowed hard and raised my hands in the air slightly. After I fully outstretched my arms, a glint of light flashed in my eye. With a quick grin I kicked my leg into the air, causing the weapon to fly from his hand, and knocked him down in the process. Without even thinking I ran over to Keith and tackled the player on top of him. We both tumbled to the ground and rolled but in the end I landed underneath the other player. His hands immediately clasped around my neck. I tried to remove his hands but they wouldn't budge. Then, I brought my knee up into his stomach and rolled to my side, breathing a little heavy. 

Keith and Shade exchanged looks and then a nod. Shade grabbed the female Maverick and Keith grabbed the Bandit. The two then yelled in unison as they ran towards each other, thrusting the two Mavericks forward so the impact was exchanged by a clunk on the noggin. The two Mavericks fell down and the two then looked over to Kiru. Shade looked at Keith as he drew his sword. "Go get her. Leave the tricking scum to me." Keith heard the suggestion and ran forward, sliding to Kiru's side. "Kiru? Kiru, are you alright?" 

The Maverick was crawling towards his shiv, which laid on the ground. He reached a shaky hand out for it, but Shade's foot stepped on his hand. Looking up, the Maverick quivered with fear as Shade stood over him. "You're going straight to Hell." He said, bringing his other foot forward and kicking the Maverick in the elbow, bending, and then snapping, his arm. Shade then brought the pummel of his sword downward against the back of the Maverick's head, knocking him out before he could even react.

I watched Shade and Keith as they both yelled, ran into one another with the Mavericks, and both looked at me. I raised a warning eyebrow at Shade, basically telling him to get lost. Luckily, he got the clue to go handle the other player on the ground. The other male tried crawling towards his weapon but I probably hit him too hard, so he couldn't move. I cringed at the sound of a bone snapping and looked to Keith. I waved him off right away. "Of c-course I'm alright!" I rasped, clearly annoyed by the fuss and rolled onto my stomach. There was no way Shade was going to see me lie on the ground and wait for help. I brought my shaky arm under myself and pushed upwards, getting onto my knees then my feet. I glared and crossed my arms at Shade. "Well? Before you two were almost killed by a bunch of idiots we were going to head to Vile's "castle," am I correct? Why are you even helping us?" I asked with a following cough and ran my fingers through my hair. 

Shade crossed his arms and glared at the ground. "...I have my reasons." He said, standing up and putting away his sword. "Just grab on. No Mavericks seem to be around anymore, so we can get there quickly." Shade said, grabbing Kiru's arm. Keith rolled his eyes and placed his hand on Shade's shoulder. Shade then held up a blue crystal in his hand and shouted the location. "Castle Asphodel!" He said, and the group vanished in a blue flash.

Appearing again, they found themselves in front of a large castle. It was made from sheets of black metal, which plated the entire structures. Screams echoed from in the courtyard, and many large pikes lined the wall. Some had old helmets on the ends of them. Around the outside, many players were hanging from ropes, making them suffocate to death. Many others were nailed to crosses and had daggers drived into them all over, all barely still alive. Keith cupped a hand over his mouth and stepped back. "What... What is this place..?" Keith said, looking right at the ground.

Shade took in a deep breath and exhaled. "The home for the damned." He said, walking forward. Even with Shade's mindset, horrid displays like this did seem to trouble him to some extent, though he didn't show it.

I scoffed at Shade's sorry excuse for an answer, I wasn't about to accept that he was still a mystery to me. "Yeah well I'd still like to know what possessed you into helping us." I said just a he grabbed my arm. I attempted to yank it away but my vision suddenly went white. Confused, I blinked and found myself in a whole new place, in front of a sick display. My face paled at the sight of players being killed so gruesomely. Players hanged and stabbed repeatedly in front of entire Aincrad to see. My head slowly turned to Keith, surely he wouldn't like this. As expected, he wasn't dealing with this very well. I grabbed his hand gently and started walking to the right of Shade. "Keith, come on...Let's go." I managed to say in a leveled voice, almost exactly in the same tone of voice as Shade. I knew that if I were to show fear in front of Keith right now, nothing would end well. I walked with Keith beside me but I leaned over to Shade. "What the heck Shade! You could have warned him or something! Tell me right now, what exactly is going on." I whispered harshly to him but smiled back at Keith. 

Shade crossed his arms and shook his head. "We're going into the hub of all Maverick activity in SAO. What was to be expected?" Shade harshly whispered back, scanning the area. â€‹"Right now, we need something to disguise ourselves to get in..." He said, then seeing three Mavericks making their way towards the castle. The males wore purple tunics, which had a black 'V' and a snake coiled around it on the chest and back. The symbol of Vile. The also wore black steel helmets, gauntlets, and boots to go with it. The female wore complete black leather, along with a black shawl that covered her mouth and head. On her right arm, the same V was painted on in purple. Shade stepped forward, without discussing anything with Keith and Kiru. The Mavericks stopped, stared at the three, and slowly drew their weapons. 

Kiru: 90/90

Keith: 105/105

Shade: 105/105

Maverick 1: 20/20

Maverick 2: 20/20

Maverick 3: 20/20

"Something a little less gory and obvious..." I grumbled and crossed my arms. Shade had a point though. If you were the most dangerous Maverick in Aincrad with a big ego, would you flaunt your power or hide in the shadows cowering in fear of being caught? There was a line that was crossed with Vile's decor though. Using people to show you were powerful was messed up in every way I looked at it. With a disgusted sigh I nodded as Shade spoke. I would much rather pound on the doors and demand entry but that wasn't going to work in a place like this. We needed the "uniforms" to gain entry to such a place. 

I pulled out my dagger from behind my back and sprang forward, in front of Shade and leaving Keith behind. My dagger pointed at them, I brought it forwards and stabbed one of the three Mavericks. Something went wrong though, I completely missed the attack. Instead of hitting a player, I stabbed the air and stumbled forwards.

ID: 10296; BD 1+2=3 (:/ Miss) 

Mob 10 (:C)

Kiru: 90/90

Maverick 2: 20/20

Maverick 3: 20/20

After Kiru missed, the first Maverick ran over to her and slashed, making a clean strike across her chest. The Maverick then moved back with his comrades and the other two got ready to strike. Shade ran over to his target and brought his sword into an upward strike, causing his target to fall onto his back. Keith then ran over to his, dodging a quick attack and sending a quicker slash across the stomach of the Maverick. The two then moved back and grouped with Kiru again. "You doing okay?" Keith asked, looking to Kiru.

ID: 10318; BD 7 

Mob 4

Kiru: 85/90

Maverick 2: 11/20

Maverick 3: 11/20

(Sorry if this is really bad, just not into it today. :/)

Before I could even get myself into a good position, I was attacked. The first Maverick that I attempted to strike sent a clean gash up my chest. I began to fall backwards in shock from the hit but caught myself and stood straight. "Come on! Come on! Come ON!" I yelled internally as the player got to a safe distance. "Do not let your guard down so easily! Land a hit for once!" After Shade and Keith depleted the other two's health bars they came to my side, though only Keith was the one to ask if I was alright. I didn't even answer Keith's question, there was no time for talking. If I were to tell him I was alright then I would most likely be yelling at him and saying things I would regret later. I looked up with determined eyes at the three. These Player Killers weren't your average level ten's that ran away after one hit. No, they actually did damage and didn't miss their hits. I raced forward once more and stabbed the attacker in the gut. Following that, I moved backwards with a blank expression, no grin.

ID: 10390; BD 8 

Mob: 6 (Idk how much damage to deal to Kiru.)

ID: 10318; BD 8 (+1 Base +1 ATH +3 Dagger= 5 Damage)

Mob 4

Kiru: 85/90

Maverick 1: 15/20

Maverick 2: 11/20

Maverick 3: 11/20