[PP-F4] Polar Opposites (Keith, Kiru)

Keith saw Kiru get hit and he looked towards the Mavericks, scowling at them. "I won't let you push my friends around like that!" He shouted, running over and jumping up, swinging his sword downward and hitting his target on top of the noggin, making him stagger backwards and fall onto the ground, only after grazing Keith's arms with his blade from recoil. Keith ran over and checked his target. Unconscious. Shade, however, handled his a little more brutally. Walking up to his target, he kicked him in the chest, making the Maverick stagger back onto one of the large spikes that had been placed around the castle, impaling the Maverick. The Maverick swung his weapon wildly, stabbing Shade in a few places before giving up.

BD: 6

Mob 8

Kiru: 85/90

Keith: 100/105

Shade: 100/105

Maverick 1: 15/20

Maverick 2: 3/20 -Beat-

Maverick 3: 3/20 -Beat-

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Kiru is back. And she forgot how to write.. :*<)

After returning back to my starting point I witnessed the way Shade and Keith fought. Keith was careful with his person but Shade was reckless. As Shade got a little more violent I smiled, remembering a few things before I met Keith. More specifically, how I handled things. I replaced the blank expression with a slight smirk and raced forward towards the remaining enemy. She was turned around so I made horizontal slash across the small of her back and turned to Keith. I knew that I would be able to finish her in time, and that was okay. I back away a few steps and motioned for him to take her down. I placed dagger behind my back and squinted around the castle. The graphic views of this place wouldn't leave me for a long time... So that's why I made a promise right then and there to be there for Keith. This journey was a lot harder on him than it was on him after all.

ID: 11679; BD 6 (+1 Base +1 ATH +3 Dagger= 5 Damage)

Mob 1

Kiru: 85/90

Maverick 1: 10/20

Keith inhaled deeply as he watched Kiru's fight, and then looked back to Vile's castle. Seemingly, both Shade and the first Maverick were gone now. Being the loner he is, Keith speculated that Shade went ahead without either of them, most likely to try and do this on his own. Keith looked at the ground and gulped. Yes, they were going to face his father, and Kiru thought Keith hated him for it. But... He didn't. In the outside world, Vile was a busy dad. He wasn't abusive, or rude to Keith or his sisters. He was just... Always so busy. Keith just wondered what the huge change was in the game. Either way, Keith didn't feel like he could actually face Vile. Murderer or not, it was Keith's father. He kept on thinking as Kiru fought the last Maverick.

When my gaze returned back to the battle I noticed something, nothing was happening. Shade was no longer here and Keith was just staring at the ground.  I looked expectantly at Keith, waiting for him to make a move but he didn't budge. This raised a flag for me, he didn't usually just get distracted in battle. I took a closer look and noticed he looked troubled about something. I knew it was probably about Vile. I sighed and walked over to him with dark eyes. It made me hurt to see him look troubled. Just as I was about to lace my fingers through his I saw a shadow approaching from behind. I turned on my heel and pulled my dagger back out. The female Maverick swung at me as I attempted to slash her again. We both landed a hit, both striking each other in the stomach. Only, she staggered back with low health and crumpled to the ground. I closed my eyes, turned back around to Keith, and put away my dagger. "You okay?" I asked, cautiously approaching him. 

ID: 11714; BD 10 (+3 Base +1 ATH +3 Dagger = +7 Damage)

Mob 9 (-6)

Kiru: 79/90

Maverick 1: 3/20 -Beat- 

Keith blinked and looked over to Kiru. He looked back at the ground and shook his head. "Honestly... I dunno..." He said with a sigh, kicking a rock. "Everyone just thinks it's easy, killing Vile. But... It's not. Not for me, at least. Everyone sees him as a monster, someone to be feared, someone to be killed. But under that helmet, there's a person. Not only that, but... That's my dad. I don't know what caused him to become the way he did in this game... He was never like this..." Keith said with a heavy sigh, sitting on the ground. While most people only saw Vile, Keith still saw Atticus Yudai. And frankly, Keith couldn't bring himself to do anything about it.

"I just... Don't know if I'm ready for this. Taking on Vile. I'm just not there yet..." Keith said, resting his head in his hands. While many people didn't actually realize it, Keith had very plentiful and very crippling limitations. He had the potential, but just hadn't tapped into it yet. Many people saw Keith as one of Aincrad's greatest hero's. But it was just that idea that so severely limited Keith. He just wasn't the hero everyone thought he was.

"Kiru, I just..." Keith sighed, looking over at Kiru. "...I'm just don't think I'm ready."

"It's not supposed to be easy....Vile's an unknown level murderer." I crouched down next to Keith and placed a hand on his shoulder for support. I didn't want to sit down just in case the other Maverick decided to pull a stunt of some kind. I too looked at the ground for a long time before saying anything. I couldn't find the right words to say to him. I wasn't the type of person you could count on to comfort you. I looked sideways at Keith. "I think I know what you mean. If you were to go on a rampage I wouldn't be ready to just kill you either. But this, this is different. He's your family, your father. In your eyes he is just your dad in another suit, not just another Maverick to be dealt with. But to everyone else he is a cold blooded player who doesn't know that this is reality. I understand that much about this situation but you have to...You have to remember some things. He hurt you. But if you are so bent on him not being "taken down" then I suggest you go stop Shade. I'm pretty sure he's with Vile right now. I may not like shade but....I know he isn't conspiring with Vile right now. He might have left or he might be in there right now." There was also the part of me that knew what needed to be said. Keith needed to know what I felt about this matter. 

I breathed in deeply, this wouldn't be so nice coming out. "You do know how much pain he caused you right? He sent countless Mavericks after you, upset me, and tore you apart. He doesn't give any good thoughts of you. I can't say he doesn't love you but I do know for a fact that he didn't harm you because he loved you. It wasn't like he sent killers after you as a gift Keith." I said with a cold tone of voice. I for one didn't exactly like Vile. He was always poisoning this world. He hurt Keith, and that was unacceptable. "Look, if you are not ready then...don't do it. Just stay here, I'll go inside and find Shade." I stood up from my position and began to walk slowly towards the castle. I wasn't going to look for Shade, I was going to attempt to speak with Vile, without violence towards him.

Keith grabbed Kiru's hand before she could move. "No!" He shouted, not about to let Kiru head off. "We can't just go through with this... Letting you put your life down to fight him for me is just as bad, if not worse than doing it myself. Kiru..." Keith stood up and pulled her back, then putting his arms around her and hugging. "You just... You just can't leave me now. We're partners, remember? We're always to be at each other's backs when going into something like this. But now..." Keith sighed and shook his head. "It's like we can't just be together. But right now, I'm not about to let either of us face him. Shade has his reasons for leaving, I'm sure." Keith then pulled back and lifted Kiru's chin gently with his thumb. "Right now, can we at least be a married couple before heading straight to our deaths?" 

I had my eyes set on the door to the castle with an unbreakable toughness to my face. If I was going to go through with this then I would have to put away any feelings of fear and just...go. It was hard to picture what lie beyond those two doors but still I moved forward while harboring an unknown fear. I put one foot in front of the other until suddenly, a hand grasped my wrist. I craned my neck to see Keith's hand holding onto mine. "Who said anything about fighting him?" I asked with an amused smile. That smile faded though when I looked at Keith. The look of desperation in his eyes, pleading me to stay, hurt. He stood up and held my tight in hug before I could process what was happening. It was like he was keeping me from leaving by holding me in an embrace. His hug was reassuring but...

It was painful.

The fact that Keith need to hold me back from marching to my own death was too much. I began to tremble and found it hard to swallow the lump in my throat. My shoulders shook uncontrollably even with my efforts to conceal. I stood there in Keith's arms, pathetically shaking and red faced. Finally, after awhile I looked him in the eyes and smiled. It was an unpleasant smile but it sufficed for now in the place of a real, happy, one. "Keith...Okay. If you are not ready to face him then I won't either. Vile will just have to chase after us for now..." I said then looked down at the ground. A tear escaped my eye and fell to the ground. Like slow motion, it exploded into crystals on the ground. "I'm so sorry...I'm sorry....I.."

• 3 weeks later...

Keith shook his head, smiling slightly as he rubbed her cheek with his thumb. "Hey... Don't cry... I can't see your beautiful eyes when they're full of tears..." He said, putting one hand gently behind her head and slowly leaning in, pressing his lips to her's. What Keith and Kiru had going for them was almost entirely against them. Despite being from two different sides of the spectrum, they had found a silver lining. And Keith would kill anyone who wanted to come between it. So long as he had Kiru, he had everything he needed.