Essence of Steel HELP!

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should players be able to control the Snow Beast in the Essence of Steel quest?

• Yes
    • No

So me and my buddy Zelrius are doing the "Essence of Steel" quest. Which, in the post in the quest section, says that we need a GM to act as the Snow Beast. 

With the dice system we have now, I really don't see the need for a GM to post for the boss. We have all the info about the boss, the damage it does per hit, mitigation, etc.

My question is : Can we drop the "You need a GM to post for the boss" aspect of the quest? There isn't even a boss account for the Snow Beast.

I started my quest on February 2nd, since then I've put the link in the skype chat, asking for a GM to check and post as the boss and here we are, more than 2 weeks later, still no reply.

This is somewhat frustrating as it makes completing the quest "harder", but not in a good way.

I haven't yet attempted any quests requiring GM's, but I agree completely with your points. It seems a little arbitrary to set aside certain Quest Bosses as GM-controlled, and ends up being more work for both players and GM's alike. I believe GM's are needed for events and floor bosses, but quest bosses seem to be handled by players just fine, judging from the results of the field boss quests. Throwing my support behind this.

uWell, first up- if you JUSt posted a link in the staff chat asking for help, of course there is a very high chance no GM is goin to see it and be able to act on it right away.

Second I agree, I'll bring it to the staff and we'll make a quick vote on it the moment there are enough staff on.