PP:F9 'Dark Times Ahead' F10 Boss Planning - Invite only PM for invite

Asen leaned against one of the walls as he silently listened to the group discuss their plans. Each has their valid tactics in mind and were all improving one idea to the next. His crimson red eyes wandered from one person to the next as they laid out their plans. Least to say that they were all on the same page, and it was like all of them shared a synced mind with each other. Though the only one who probably sticks out like a sore thumb was Asen himself as he's been perhaps too quiet now since he came to the meeting. Mainly because he was listening to what everyone's ideas were so that he could work with them better.

It was when Shark mentioned about lighting the room up with something. The first thing Asen thought of was a torch, but he quickly dismissed that idea as the torch's lighting can only go so far and won't light the entire room. Maybe one eighth depending on the size of the room. If this boss was a huge hydra pretty much after hearing the amount of heads that it has the room would have to be considerably larger than the beast itself. This caused Asen to place his two fingers of his index and middle onto the side of his temple while closing his eyes. He's not sure if this idea would even become an insurance, but it was a suggestion that forms inside his mind. He just doubts that the boss's room would include something to brighten up the place, and just in case it doesn't or if it does then this is one of the options they could have.

"Let me ask this, is there perhaps any way to get our hands on some Oil of any kind that's flammable?" Asen called out as he opens his eyes and lowers his hand. Crossing his arms over his chest as he remained where he was. "Maybe if we can get our hands on enough oil, one or two of us can do a run around the chamber while pouring the oil behind us. Forming a connection of the flammable liquid with a torch or something you can have like a temporary ring of fire that could light the place up for a certain amount of time. It would at least drown out the darkness a bit for a while so that we can see everything that's going on." It was a suggestion of course, though he currently sees one flaw in it. And that's on who would be crazy enough to run around the Boss when it can easily just chomp you up to pieces? Now that he thought about it he might as well throw this in as well. "Don't worry, i'll be the one doing the running since i'm kind of hard to hit to begin with without any Accuracy buffs. The boss would more likely try to kill the one that's going around it, so i'll be pretty much the bait and meanwhile you guys can hack away at it with caution. That way less people are going to get hurt."

Mari shook her head at Asens oil idea. "No, I don't think so - those  barrels next to the Orochi have some sort of smoke drifting from them. They could be flammable." Mari said  absently; her blue eyes focused on the panel in front of her. "Right; we have few numbers; but I feel that we should easily be able to defeat the boss. With myself and Azide crafting a plethora of healing items no one should have their health drop below the half way mark. I can also craft up a few items to help increase damage, we can use those before entering the boss room." Mari finished up her draft of the groups and displayed it for all to see. 

"Here are my proposed groups. Myself, Azide and Daeron would hold the most healing items so I have ensured we are in separate groups. Group 3, being the last group has more members. I propose that we focus on destroying the 4 guardians first; after the first group we should easily have defeated the first one, and by the end of the third we can have an all out assault on the Orochi. Accuracy is a must in this battle, and I want us all to keep a strong eye on those kegs. I am not sure what they do, but I do not like the looks of them."

Mari leaned back on her chair, pausing as her eyes drifted around the room; "any further suggestions on the groups?"

Proposed Groups

Group 1
Mari
Crozeph

Group 2
Daeron
RyujinSeaLord

Group 3

Shark
Azide
Rebekah

I looked over the groups countless times to see if any changes need to be met. So far I like these groups. I do think that Rebekah should get some kind of equipment that deals more damage. With 3 of us in my group, We could prove to be very useful. I would go up and try to gain agrro from the boss after I attempt to deal damage. The boss will then be focused on me which leaves openings for others to attack. I said as I gave a rough explanation for the plan I had in mind. Training before the fight needs to be blindfolded training just so players can work more on their senses and have a feel for where the boss is if we cant see him. Besides that, I have no objections to the current groups. I said as another thought popped into my mind.It may help if from time to time, Ryujin and Daeron would roam around and deal heavy damage with some other group, that would help us take down the guardians quicker and it may keep or HP safer. I told the group just so I could get something in their minds in regards to time and the amount of players.

Daeron cleared his throat after having observed these parties.

"I like them. With me being the highest level in the fight I can take the most hits techinically. Also, I'm investing into Night Vision so I can still do damage. With my battle healing and life steal along with potions I can sustain a lot too, meaning that roaming to attract the aggro from other groups. However, rather than 3 groups. We should Ryu in your group Mari and then I can be in Shark's Group. I will alternate groups every other rotation so that I can keep the attention off of each group as much as possible. Once I get low, then I can substitute back for a bit into a "back group" that isn't fighting for a rotation or two so I can recover my health along with some of yours and then allow me to get back in the action." Daeron said trying to explain a possible situation. He had the health of a field boss, and the strength of a boss. He could be a huge help in this fight if everything played out right. As long as he kept the aggro, he was good. 

"Also, I have Howl ability now. Meaning if I go first, I can attract the aggro right away so nobody else is in harm's way. The boss will purely focus me for at least two rotations, allowing you all to have free strikes. I'll be tanking all of the monster hits too though in the process. So take out the minions quickly, so we can recover from a slight amount of damage on me. One of us higher levels then can take the role of tank for a moment for the other to heal. Once their good, call for a 'Switch' and then that person can go heal. This boss should be no problem whatsoever as long as we keep up our rotations in a functional manner." he suggested as well, trying to bring out some possible form of strategy.

"I say that we hold of a few days after this meeting to get any last minute things done. I am doing a quest that gives me a banner that heals nearby allies as a reward. So it will help out greatly in the fight." he finished as his closing statement, now allowing anyone else talk.

He glanced at the proposed grouping from Mari and frowned. "A little light on manpower this time around, aren't we?" he thought. This would be the first time he'd encountered Zelrius, but the man inspired a certain resentment in the way he'd signed away the Azure Brigade's support. This would be the first raid that he himself would partake in, and yet even Azide could tell that their numbers were on the lower side of things. "Are the front-lines really so little in number and care?" he wondered.

Aside from that, the only thing that bothered him was that group one contained a measly two players- one of which happened to be his guild mate, and tied with himself as the lowest-leveled participant. He leaned forward in his chair and placed a palm flat against the table. "I'm not so sure if it'd be a wise decision to put Crozeph in group one," he said simply. "Taking both spread and rotations into account, it seems as if that would put him at higher risk of damage, and his presumably lower health in comparison to the rest of you doesn't inspire confidence in this configuration." He drummed his fingers gently against the table one by one.

It was Daeron who voiced his thoughts next, who suggested the idea of two groups, with himself as a rotating member. It was an interesting idea, and offered a solution to the problem he'd seen in the drafted scheme.

"If that's actually a feasible idea, then I'll add my support to your plan, Daeron." It wasn't entirely clear to him if such a maneuver would be possible on the logistic end, but he'd learned that spreading ones forces too thin often weakened the group as a whole. It was true that piling them all together would induce sluggishness, but this seemed to be a compromise between safety and efficiency, while also leveraging Daeron's proclaimed abilities.

He shifted his eyes between each of the other members present, curious as to their own takes on the matter.

(Group rotations won't be a thing at this point in time, also Life Steal is no longer a valid enhancement, please ensure all equipment is up to the current system before the battle ;)  .)

"I don't want any rotations to occur during this battle; we stay in the groups we are assigned in." Mari said simply. "Rotations may be a little messy; and with the numbers we have I'd rather we have tight formations. We have quite a few hard hitters in our group; I myself do a base of 10 - with charge that's 13, and with my potion, that's 16. Shall I make more potions for us to increase base damage for the battle? All I ask is a donation of materials, to help complete the task." Mari knew where Daeron was coming from, Shark too - with hopes that the hardest hitters would circle around, but she didn't want that - not with the uncertainty of the kegs, and those 4 guardians. She felt a tad undermined - did they not see how strong she had become? Shark she understood, the last they saw of each other was during the Hydra fight where Mari was considerably weaker, but she had been training heavily since that dark, dark day. 

She turned her blue eyes to shark; "I'm not a blacksmith; so I cannot help Rebekah there, although if I have aid with materials, she is more than welcome to help herself to one that increases her attack." Mari offered Shark a wry smirk. "Although - if she needs the armour I could pay for it, normally I don't do charity but this is a boss battle. I know when to swallow my pride. Unlike..." Mari paused, snatching up the list of the Azure Brigade signatures, crumpling it in her hands. "Unlike some people." 

Daeron was next to talk, Mari gave him a coy wink; "Highest level for now, I'm pret-ty sure I am fast catching up to you Daeron." She placed emphasis on his name, lightly teasing him. "Night Vision would be fantastic in this fight. Daeron, I like your idea of having two main groups rather than the three. That way, we have two groups, and each group has a member with Night Vision. With two groups I really do not see any need to rotate."

Mari opened her HUD; and took out all her health crystals from her shop inventory; allowing them to scatter over the table, all in all there were at least 10 of them there. "As for healing; crystals do not take up a turn; and I am sure we are almost set with that.  Among these are crystals that heal the entire party. For now, I will keep them in my store - and I can continue to craft more before the battle. We just need to keep an eye on each other this time." Mari paused, before repeating her words; with urgency and pain, "We need to." 

Azide was next to speak; and he spoke out of concern for his fellow guild member; so Mari, as he spoke started reworking the groups. "I'll place 4 members into the first group. With myself and Ryujin - I doubt that the lower levelled players will be injured; as without howl - hate generally is aimed at the player who dealt the most damage.  Daeron, Shark I placed you in group two; that way we have two sets of hard hitters in each group. I feell, after listening to you all; that the first group should have more players - allowing us to essentially wipe out as many of the guardians as possible in the first round of attacks."

Mari made her new proposed player groups visable to all.

"After this meeting; we should have a 1-2 week reprise where we gather resources. Before entering the boss room, we should allow ourselves time to drink whatever potions we need to, and prep equipment before entering. How does that sound?" She asked the group.

Re-Proposed Groups

Group 1
Mari
Azide
RyujinSeaLord
Crozeph

Group 2
Daeron
Shark

Rebekah

I listened to the others at the meeting throw out some good points and ideas. I agreed with them and could see what drove them to think what they were thinking. Upon reviewing these groups, I can't disagree more. I feel that these groups can deal a good amount of damage as well as keep us safer while still taking down this boss in a timely manner. I said as I sat back in my chair and relaxed as final comments were made.

Mari gave a small nod; satisfied that the others seemed happy with the current outcome of the meeting. "So if there are no objections with the groupings?" Mari asked, blue eyes glancing at each individual in the room. "I will start working on potions that increase damage, and Azide- " Her blue eyes swept over to him, "You are able to craft some more crystals yes? Or are you short on Materials? If you are short - we really should go on a material hunt, and divide whatever we obtain between us. Finally..." Mari paused; glancing at Asen. "Asen: Do you have Blacksmith crafts covered?"

Mari wanted to finish the meeting; so she could start crafting - and training herself. She hoped to increase her level at least once more before the fight itself.

"We re group in a week once this meeting ends, and take on the boss; any objections?"

There was a very, very long silence and at that, Mari gave a curt nod. "Right. Meeting Adjourned; we will fight the Orochi one week from today. Good luck."