PP - F2 The Matriarch's Stinger <<Long Live the Queen>> (Calrex and Teayre) (Completed)

In a flash of light Calrex appeared at the portal on the second floor inside the Urbus settlement.

"Alright, I'm here. So this place is the second floor."

He looked around the current area as he stretched his arms. Teleportation seemed to be fairly easy on him, but the fact he was standing still for some reason made him feel stiff after the sequence finished. Urbus seemed in a way a lot like the Starting City, although in this case it seemed to be less fantasy-like and more accurate to what a medieval European kingdom would look.

"Well, minus the peasants in poor clothing I think...unless that fact was inaccurate for some reason."

He adjusted his sword on his hip as he looked around, "Well I told Teayre that I would meet her here. I wonder where she's at."

Calrex swiped down his menu to pull up the quest he had gained information about. Apparently on the second floor there was a hidden boss that was encountered by players that were training on the Wind Wasps in the area. The boss itself supposedly respawns, this making the quest repeatable. It is suspected that killing this boss would yield a special potion.

"If it's something that would increase the damage we do in combat I think it might be good for her to take it. She's been getting better with that Falchion of hers, but from what I remember she hasn't put any experience into the sword type needed to have it actually deal more damage. This might help to compensate for that until she's able to do so."

He looked around, finding a good spot to lay down in the meantime while he waited for her. He closed his eyes, letting the sounds of the settlement fill his ears.

Seeing Calrex spawn in with his back to her, Teayre slowly makes her way over to him trying to keep as quiet as she can. Upon reaching Calrex, she puts her hands over the boys eyes before gently kissing his  back.

"Guess who Callie."

A cheeky smile on her face. she moves her arms down to wrap around Calrex's body.

"I thought you were right behind me, so what's this quest you're looking at?"

Looking around, Teayre comments on the architecture of this floor.

"Wow, this is beautiful I love area's like this I used to travel to Europe to see some of the old architecture there especially some of the bits in England, like Stonehenge and there's a hill that used to have a fort on it, but the forts gone now and it's a lovely area to have a picnic, well and a sword fight."

Calrex smiled as he heard Teayre's familiar voice as his sight went black for a second.

"I thought you were right behind me, so what's this quest you're looking at?"

"Well going from what I could tell is fairly straightforward. Basically we find and defeat the boss that's hidden on this floor. Going from the intel it shouldn't be anything we can't handle. Plus..."

Calrex swiped down on his menu to pull up his inventory, "I also purchased a couple of potions in case we take too much damage."

Add he heard Teayre comment on the setting of the floor he smiled and led her through the city, leading her towards the gate area.

"The potions are a good idea Cal, you keep hold of them though and if I need one I'll shout okay?"

Stopping at the gate area Teayre brings up her own menu to check that she has all the necessary equipment for the quest before leaning against the wall and crossing her arms. Her eyes boring into Calrex's, a smile lightening up her face.

"Aren't you forgetting something sweetie?"

Waiting a short while giving Calrex time to think, Teayre begins to drum her fingers on the wall behind her before sighing slightly.

"Aren't you forgetting something sweetie?"

Calrex smiled as Teayre went over and leaned against a wall, but as she asked him that question his face briefly flashed a confused look.

"Forgetting something? Uh...did I forget to bring something?"

He moved over to lean next to Teayre against the wall, "Uh...let's see...um..."

"Wait...did I invite her to participate?"

"Oh, this?"

Calrex made a series of swipes, sending Teayre the invite to join him in the "Long Live the Queen" quest.

"Guess I'm still new to this quest thing..."

Accepting the invite, Teayre glares at Calrex before storming off in the direction of the quest.

"BAKA!"

Drawing her weapon she looked around spotting a boar she runs over to it entering it's aggro range the boar begins to charge at her. Waiting until the last second before moving she slices the side of the boar, instantly shattering it into crystals.

Looking up to see if Calrex has follow her, she lets out a sigh as she returns her Falchion to its sheathe. Sitting down on the path she waits for him to Catch up.

"The baka, I love him but honestly."

ID: 11326

BD: 9 (8 Base + 1 ACC)

MD: 4

Teayre

15/15

Boar

0/4 4DMG(3Base + 1 Crit)

No Loot due to low health on mob.

"BAKA!"

Calrex cringed for a second as Teayre exasperatedly stormed off, instantly killing it with her falchion. Calrex snapped out of his daze for a second as he began a light jog to catch up to her.

"Aw man...what in the world did I forget?"

He began to retrace the previous adventures of the days before in his head, trying to remember if he had promised her something, or saying that he would remember something. That he would do something or help with something...

He was utterly clueless as to what Teayre was referring to as he followed behind, the confusing overtaking his usual calm demeanor. He had one of his hands up, counting something that he was trying to remember, his other hand behind his head. He could feel sweat forming on the side of his head in exasperation.

"Just what in the world did I forget?"

"Any ideas yet Calrex? I mean just jumping straight in and talking about the quest is plain rude."

Glaring at him, she draws her weapon again placing the point against her finger she slowly begins to spin it. Here eyes narrowed, but her mouth was in a half smile.

"Some people just don't have any manners, I mean I popped up behind you and no just no!"

Standing up again she walks up to Calrex jamming her sword in the ground by their feet before placing her arms around his neck, pulling him in slowly and giving him a small kiss.

"Baka, wake up will you"

Lightly patting him on the cheek she sits down at his feet, facing away from him.

"Any ideas yet Calrex? I mean just jumping straight in and talking about the quest is plain rude."

"Some people just don't have any manners, I mean I popped up behind you and no just no!"

Calrex's face flushed from the surprise kiss from Teayre.

"I...I think that was one of her boldest kisses so far..."

"Baka, wake up will you"

As she dropped down in front of him it finally began to dawn on him.

"Man...I am an idiot...I completely forgot to greet her!..I hope..."

He knelt down behind Teayre, "I'm sorry Teayre, I guess I got wound up in the details of the quest I completely forgot to acknowledge you..."

He attempted to slowly wrap his arms around her, "My beautiful girlfriend Teayre."

"My beautiful girlfriend Teayre."

"Baka, about time."

Leaning back into Calrex's hug she wraps her arms up around him as he hugs her from behind. 

"I feel bad for killing that boar now... You should of said hello sooner"

Sticking her tongue out at him, she goes closer trying to lick his cheek.

"Baka, about time...I feel bad for killing that boar now... You should of said hello sooner"

"I'm sorry again. How can I make it up to you?"

He looked over, seeing that Teayre was trying to lick his cheek. He smiled as he leaned his head closer, but not close enough that she could get him with her entire tongue. He held her tight as he kept his eyes peeled for any other creatures that were roaming or spawning nearby.

"I wonder if this boss is designed to spawn randomly or triggered. I guess we'll need to kill some wasps to find out."

Letting go of Calrex, she stands up picking up her weapon.

"Right I guess it's sensible head time eh Callie. We need to go and start killing wasps right? Let's go then, you lead first okay, you seem to have a quicker reaction time than me."

Readying her weapon she follows behind Calrex as he leads the way to the hive where the wasps are. Reaching a hand behind her she undoes her half ponytail before tying it into a full one, using her hair band to accessories her hair.

"Cal, my hairs in a ponytail now, don't get distracted okay it's more practical for me."

Calrex nodded as Teayre got to her feet as well, preparing herself for combat. He drew his sword as he flipped it in reverse, crouching low, observing the creatures around. As they wandered around the surrounding area for some time he began to notice a strange pattern.

The smaller wasps that had been scattered throughout the area seemed to be concentrated in a particular area. In fact, the way they spawned seemed to form a kind of path that led back into a small cave. He figured that it would be a good place to look.

"Cal, my hairs in a ponytail now, don't get distracted okay it's more practical for me."

"Heh, don't worry. I'll keep it down until after we finish this quest, when we're in a safe place."

As the two entered the cave he readied his sword as he looked around the cave's walls. It definitely had the feel of a hive, which was a good sign.

"Alright, I think we're in the right place. Now we just have to be on guar..."

He directed Teayre to follow him behind a set of rocks as he peered over them. There was a particularly large wasp among the rocks that was buzzing around. Occasionally other wasps would pass by, but they were noting compared to this particular one.

"Alright Teayre, get ready."

With that he flipped his sword into a normal grip as he got closer to the <<Wasp Queen>>, "Alright...now!"

ID: 11344

Battle Dice: 7

Mob Dice: 2 (+1 Evasion)= 1

As he rushed forward he did a quick jump that gave him a quick burst of momentum before he leapt in the air. His sword flashed as he cut across the abdomen of the <<Wasp Queen>>. The <<Wasp Queen>> gave a quick screech from the surprise attack as it tried to swipe at Calrex in mid-air. He kicked with his legs to shift his momentum so that he backflipped , landing on the ground before taking a few steps back.

"Guess it was good that I took that Acrobatics skill."

"Alright Teayre you're up. Switch!"

Battle Start

HP List

Calrex: 15/15

Teayre: 15/15

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 27/30

As they rounded the boulder in the cave, Teayre feel straight on her backside when she saw the size of the wasp they had to face.

"G... G... G.. Giant W... Wasp"

"Teayre get a grip this is a game, not real life the wasps can't hurt you"

"No but the can kill me."

Shoving herself off of the ground in time to hear Calrex call switch Teayre begins to dart in. Trying to replicate Calrex's movements somewhat she jumps and swings downward with her Falchion, scoring herself a hit on the <Queen Wasp>. As she landed it was much less graceful, she bent her knees to recover from the impact and sending dust scattering everywhere.

ID: 11347

BD: 9 (8 Base + 1 ACC)

HP List

Calrex:

15/15

Teayre:

15/15

Enemies:

Wasp Queen:

23/30 4DMG (3 Base +1 Crit)

ID: 11356

Mob Dice: 5

The <<Wasp Queen>> wasn't happy with the fact that both Calrex and Teayre had managed to deal the significant amount of damage that they did. She flew back a few paces before it tried to attack Teayre with her stringer. Unfortunately, it had misjudged the distance and the stingers fell short of the mark, whiffing at the air about five feet from Teayre.

During the time that the <<Wasp Queen>> was busy trying to attack Teayre Calrex had prepared his next attack. As the stinger was being jabbed forward Calrex had already leapt into the air once again, making another cut across the abdomen of the <<Wasp Queen>>. As he landed he planted a hand on the ground, as he slid a few feet before stopping, "Alright this seems to be working Teayre. Keep it up!"

"Maybe we'll be lucky after all and not need these potions after all. But, better safe than sorry. We're not out of the woods just yet."

HP List

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 20/30

"Cal, stay down for a sec!"

Running towards Cal she pushes off and uses him as a springboard, however it doesn't allow for enough leverage, falling short Teayre rolls, bring her blade up in a defensive stance.

"Looks like some of us are descended from monkeys more, eh Cal?"

This time she tried simply jumping to hit the <Queen Wasp> however she couldn't reach again. 

"Switch! I can't reach!"

ID: 11361

BD:3 (2Base + 1ACC)

HP List

Calrex:

15/15

Teayre:

15/15

Enemies:

Wasp Queen:

20/30

ID: 1362

Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +1)= 1

Calrex smirked at Teayre's comment as she readied herself in a defensive stance, "Teayre brace for it!"

He ran forward, doing a quick jump as he leapt forward, using Teayre's falchion as a springboard. He launched himself into the air, doing a backflip to maintain stability. As he came around he saw the <<Wasp Queen>> try to take another swipe at him with its pincers. He quickly did a roll to move out of the way, bringing his sword up as he came back around. As the pincer flew by he managed to get a vertical slash across the upper part of the queen, coming close to grazing its eye.

Calrex landed, going down on one knee as he looked up once again, readying himself, "Alright switch!"

He gave a breath, still kind of surprised at how easy it was for him to maneuver through the air compared to before.

"What's strange is that it almost feels natural, like I've been doing these things for years..."

HP List

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 17/30

"Cal, don't show off focus, remember what we agreed!"

Teayre's voice sounding strained, her eyes watching Calrex as much as the queen.

"He'll get himself killed if he's showing off like this to me."

"Alright Switch!"

Running towards the wall Teayre manages to use it to get enough momentum to spin around and slash the beast in front of her with all her force, taking off a wing reducing it's ability to fly.

"Switch! It should be easier to hit now Cal!"

ID: 11363

BD: 11 (10Base + 1ACC)

HP List

Calrex:

15/15

Teayre:

15/15

Enemies:

Wasp Queen:

12/30 5DMG (3Base + 2 Crit)

ID: 11364

Battle Dice: 8

Mob Dice: 1

It seemed to be that the <<Wasp Queen>>'s injury she had just endured from Teayre really was a strong deficit against her. She tried to turn and make a slash at Teayre, but the wing injury slowed her rotation, Teayre completely out of harm's way by the time the pincer came around.

Calrex breathed a little bit easier as he saw Teayre score a strong hit against their target as he rushed forward again, "She's right. I've gotta focus. This may be a new skill, but if I got abusing it it might spell my death."

He took a calming breath as he leapt towards the unprotected side of the <<Wasp Queen>>, his sword raised just high enough that he would get a strong hit, but not overstretched that it left him exposed. As he got into striking range of the queen he made a slash across the queen's back, the slash cutting clean as Calrex followed the momentum of the jump back to the ground, landing and quickly regaining his stance, "Alright Teayre switch! Stay at the ready!"

HP List

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 9/30

Narrowly avoiding the <Queen Wasps> thrust, Teayre moves around to where Calrex was standing darting in she throws a series of lighter blows against the the beast. Each strike only shallow, enough of them were made however to have desired effect. A roar of pain came from the creature.

"Cal Switch!"

Jumping back out of range Teayre watched as Cal charged in and made his move.

ID:11367

BD:8 (7Base + 1 ACC)

HP List

Calrex:

15/15

Teayre:

15/15

Enemies:

Wasp Queen:

6/30 3DMG