PP - F2 The Matriarch's Stinger <<Long Live the Queen>> (Calrex and Teayre) (Completed)

ID: 11422

Battle Dice: 2

Mod Dice: 2 (Evasion +1)= 1

Calrex rushed forward as Teayre called out her switch, rushing past.

"Alright, the name of the skill is Sprint & Acrobatics, I wonder how the sprint works..."

He tried to pick up speed to close the distance even faster than he did when he normally dashed. The attempt was going well. The queen tried to take a stab at him with it's stinger, but by the time it thrust Calrex was already far out of harm's way. As he approached the cave's wall he felt the momentum carry him as he faced up towards the ceiling, giving a couple of kicks off the wall before leaping back towards the queen's exposed backside.

"Alright, now for the stri..."

Unfortunately the momentum that he carried accelerated him faster than he could prepare. He tried to take a swipe at the queen, but by the time it was able to make contact he had already moved out of striking range once again. He landed on his feet, spinning to face the queen once again.

"Alright Teayre switch!"

"Shoot that attack was going so well too. I'll need to work on the finer details of this new skill before I try pulling that again. At the least, the freedom of movement is keeping me alive so far."

HP List

Calrex: 15/15

Teayre: 15/15

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 6/30

"Switch!" 

Darting forwards slides underneath the queen performing a series of cuts along her underbelly, approaching her singer at the end she blocks it with the flat of her blade, her slide coming to a stop underneath the belly of the beast. Rolling to one side Teayre scrambles out from underneath the giant wasp by going between her legs.

"Switch Cal!"

Running back a bit she leans against the wall behind her watching Cal dance with the queen again.

"Wow... he really is amazing... I need to catch up, I need to overtake him so I can protect him."

Her cheeks being to flush.

"TEAYRE FOCUS, DON'T LET HIM DISTRACT YOU!"

Sinking back into a ready stance, she preps herself for her next attack.

ID: 11441

BD: 8 (7Base + 1 ACC)

HP List

Calrex:

15/15

Teayre:

15/15

Enemies:

Wasp Queen:

3/30 3DMG

ID: 11445

Battle Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 6

Loot Dice: 17

Calrex rushed forward as Teayre switched with him, executing his sprint once again, "Alright, let's get this right this time..." He quickly weaved his way behind the <<Wasp Queen>>, kicking off the wall once again. As he turned to face the queen he used the momentum of his rotation to execute a rapid spin, making an X-shaped strike all the way down the queen as he descended. He touched the ground, using a safety roll as he hit the ground to disperse his momentum. The queen's wings stopped as he got to his feet, starting to fall. He watched, but noticed one thing.

The queen had not dissipated into crystals yet, and she was falling at a fairly quick rate, "Teayre dodge quick!"

Unfortunately as the queen hit the ground a series of rocks were kicked up. He watched as some flew towards Teayre, managing to hit her in the shoulder. It was after that, like an attempted blaze of glory, did the queen finally disperse. As Calrex confirmed her defeat he sheathed his sword and ran over to Teayre, "Are you alright?"

As he ran over he noticed the loot screen opened up, "The Matriarch's Stringer, is that what gives the boost to attacks?"

Loot List:

1 Material

1 Matriarch's Stinger

1 (Good) Queen's Winged Scarf

He shook his head as he continued over to Teayre.

HP List

Calrex: 15/15

Teayre: 13/15

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: -1/30

As she started to ready herself, rocks came flying towards her. Trying to duck she found she moved directly into the path of the rocks.

"ARGH!"

Being thrown against the wall, she slumps down as Cal runs over to her, smacking his head she knocks him to the ground as a wasp came flying in it's stinger aimed straight at Calrex's back. The force of the blow pushed Teayre in the opposite direction, making the wasp miss her as well.

"I can't move Cal, you start dealing with this wasp I'll get myself free'd from these rocks!"

ID: 11470

BD: 1

MD: 4

HP List

Calrex:

15/15

Teayre:

13/15

Enemies:

Wasp Queen:

-1/30

Giant Wasp

12/12

ID: 11486

Battle Dice: 1

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1)= 7

Calrex's eyes widened as Teayre pulled him down for a second, hearing the sound of something impacting the cave wall for a second.

"I can't move Cal, you start dealing with this wasp I'll get myself free'd from these rocks!"

Calrex quickly whirled around to see a smaller wasp had been drawn to the sounds of the battle, "Tch, and here I was hoping we would only have to engage the queen. Alright, let's get this done and get out of here."

He readied himself for a charge as he brought his sword up. As he rushed forward he felt his body lurch forward all of a sudden. Since the queen had crashed into the floor, the originally even ground not was littered with different sized rocks, which his foot had caught on. He watched as the wasp's stinger drew closer and closer to him.

He managed to quickly throw his weight to the side to get him out of direct line of fire, the stinger grazing his arm. He hit the ground and rolled to get back to his feet, checking on Teayre, "Teayre are you free?"

HP List

Calrex: 14/15

Enemies:

Giant Wasp: 12/12

Teayre managed to kick herself free of the rocks, rolling she used the uneven surface to gain some height, her Falchion whirling she brought it down against the wasp's abdomen, scoring a hit along the bulk of the body. Following her attack she kept moving before coming to a stop next to the corpse of the queen. Jumping she arrives on top of the queens body before sliding her blade into it to steady herself. Withdrawing it she has a look around the cavern they are in, not seeing any more signs of interest from the other wasps she calls out to Calrex.

"Cal Switch! It's injured nearly under half health kill it with your next attack and lets get out of here before any more come!"

ID: 11519

BD: 11 (10 + 1 ACC)

HP List

Calrex: 14/15

Enemies:

Giant Wasp: 7/12 5DMG (3 Base + 2 Crit)

OOC: Uh oh, I think our dice luck ran out O_O

ID: 11532

Battle Dice: 5

Mob Dice: 10 (+2 Damage)

"Cal Switch! It's injured nearly under half health kill it with your next attack and lets get out of here before any more come!"

"Right!"

Calrex left out a soft exhale as he rushed forward once again, his sword at the ready, "This one's smaller, so it can't take as many..."

As he got within striking range he watched in surprise as the wasp speedily whizzed right by him. He tried to get a strike as it passed, but his blade flew clear of the mark.

"...hit...shoot because it's smaller it's gotta be faster as well."

"Teayre watch it!"

He tried to warn Teayre in time, but the wasp's speed allowed it to strike before his words could reach her. It managed to get a direct sting before it retreated a few paces back from Teayre. Calrex gritted his teeth as he readied his sword, "Alright, gotta focus. This thing has to go down."

"I might be relying too much on this new skill. It might have worked well on the queen because it was large, but for smaller enemies they tend to be more agile. I'll need to keep myself grounded to counter them."

HP List

Teayre: 10/15

Enemies:

Wasp: 7/12

OC: Nope just yours xD

Grinning her eyes lighting up. Her head tilting she looked the wasp in it's eyes.

"You're a good wasp arn't you? You understand that if you go for him, you'll die so much sooner don't you?"

"Callie, stay back my love I will finish this data stream."

Jumping forwards Teayre starts swinging left, right, centre, up and down no rhyme or rhythm to her attacks. 

"You! Will! Die!"

Finally she pulls back, leaving a series of red lines along the wasps abdomen. Laughing manically she glares at the wasp.

"Oh? You're still alive, got some guts being alive after that."

A small smile shot towards Calrex.

"Switch Callie. Although you'd better not steal my kill."

ID: 11535

BD: 9 (8 + 1 ACC)

HP List

Enemies:

Wasp: 3/12 4DMG (3Base +1 Crit)

ID: 11537

Battle Dice: 8

Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +1)= 5

Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +1)= 20

"Switch Callie. Although you'd better not steal my kill."

Right after Teayre finished her sentence the wasp made a beeline towards Calrex, planning to strike him with it's stinger once again.

Calrex felt some sweat build on the side of his head at Teayre's display, "...Does Teayre have a kind of crazy side? I hope it only comes out during battle...I certainly would want it directed towards me."

As the wasp drew nearer he centered his stance, holding his blade forward in a normal grip, aimed at the wasp's head, "Alright, I can't beat it in terms of speed, but if there's anything I've got a decent rip on it's timing."

He let out a calming breath as his eyes narrowed, the wasp drawing nearer and nearer. It appeared like it was going to make a direct hit on him, but as it thrust its stinger forward Calrex made a small sidestep using is back foot, the thrust flying clear of the mark. As the momentum carried the wasp by him his sword came up, cutting upwards through the creature.

The wasp flew a good three feet intact before it slowed to a halt, splitting in half horizontally before dissipating into crystals. Calrex gave a sigh of relief as he heard its destruction, looking back over at Teayre, "Sorry Teayre, that wasn't intentional."

He retrieved one of the potions from his inventory, walking over to her, "Are you alright?"

HP List

Enemies:

Wasp: 0/12

"Are you alright?"

"Callie? Don't worry about me I'm fine, are you okay? That thing got you with it's stinger, it really pissed me off."

Grabbing Calrex's wounded arm she pulls it towards her, rolling his sleeve up she kisses where the stinger struck his skin.

"There all better, don't let yourself get hit again okay?"

Letting out a sigh, Teayre drops her sword and clenches her fist, relaxing it she looks Calrex in the eyes. Her eyes soft and warm, but a steely glint deep inside them. 

"Also you stole my kill, I had it covered you know. That we'll cover later though, for now let's get out of here before any more beasts come along."

Getting to her feet she takes Calrex's hand before dragging him along to the entrance.

Calrex felt his face blush as Teayre worried over his wound, kissing it, "I-It's alright Teayre, it's not an actual cut, heh."

"Also you stole my kill, I had it covered you know. That we'll cover later though, for now let's get out of here before any more beasts come along."

"Gh!...right let's get moving."

As Teayre led him out of the cave he gave a calming breath as he followed behind, looking around to make sure no other enemies were following him, "Alright, it looks like we're in the clear for now. Let's get back to the gates."

He continued to hold onto Teayre's hand as he went with her, heading back towards the gates, "Even though we did fairly well in that battle for some reason it still seemed more dangerous than I expected...is it because Teayre took so much damage. Wait...'so much damage?' Her health didn't even reach half."

He gave a quick glance at her, his eyes scanning her wounds, and the strength that still seemed to radiate from her, "I guess this is what it feels like...to truly want to protect something.."

As they reached the gates he breathed a sign of relief, resheathing his sword, "Alright, looks like we're in the clear."

Sheathing her sword she takes Calrex's arm, swinging him towards her she locks her arms around his neck pulling him down into a kiss, pulling away ever so slightly she mutters to him.

"Right, so where to now is the quest done?"

Nuzzling his chest, she lets out a yawn. 

"Is there anything else we need to do at all Cal?"

"Right, so where to now is the quest done?...Is there anything else we need to do at all Cal?"

Calrex's eyes widened in surprise as Teayre quickly pulled him down for a kiss because continuing to hold him in an embrace, "Not that I know of, but there is one thing I needed to do..."

He looked down at Teayre as he took both hands and held the sides of Teayre's face, softly tilting it up to face him. He leaned in and gave a kiss for a few seconds before letting go, his face flushing at the bold manuever, "...I said I would wait until we were safe right?"

He gave a smile as he brushed the back of her head, "Somehow, no matter what you're wearing or how you do your hair, I can't seem to get used to it. You look cute no matter what."

OOC: After your next post we'll go ahead and conclude the quest thread :)

"Somehow, no matter what you're wearing or how you do your hair, I can't seem to get used to it. You look cute no matter what."

Blushing Teayre, returned the kiss.

"Baka, what did you have to do when we were safe then?"

Her eyes sparkled with curiosity, her lips slightly parted. 

"Let's head back to the inn Callie, sort out everything there?"

Showing him a small smile, Teayre's blush deepened.

"Baka, what did you have to do when we were safe then?...Let's head back to the inn Callie, sort out everything there?"

Calrex gave a smile as he saw Teayre's face blush from his act, giving her another brush through her hair, "I had to wait to make sure I didn't get distracted when you changed to a ponytail. Now that we were safe I could act on it."

He scratched the end of his nose as his face flushed a deep shade of red.

"But you're right, let's head back and get things sorted there."

Quest Complete

• Matriarch's Stinger (+1 Damage for 1 battle) (Quest Item)
  • (Good) Queen's Winged Scarf (LD 17)
  • (Uncommon) Greaves of the Swift Rider (LD 19+1 / +1 to Evasion) - Currently being evaluated
  • 3 Skill Points (Quest Complete)
  • 1 SP (Topic Complete)
  • 400 Col (1 Page Complete)
  • 100 Col (LD 19+1 * 5)
  • 90 Col (LD 17+1 * 5)
  • 2 Materials (2 Enemies Defeated)

Col Distribution: 590 col / 2 players = 295 per player