The hate system.  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should we use it more?

• Yes
    • No

So when was the last time this was ever really used? It's not that complicated of a system and even has a couple of skills that go with it. I haven't really seen it used at all in normal player controlled MOBs or the GM ran boss fights. Like the whole point of this system is for tanks to take the majority of the damage rather than the rest of the party. I also understand that some users are even setting up there charecters as these "tanks" but really since the hate system isn't used that much it doesn't really seem worth it. Yes building "tank" makes you have a higher chance of not dying but it doesn't really contribute to a party. Like if you had a party of people who invested most there skill points and enchantments on damage vs a party of people who mostly spent skill points and enchantments on mitigation and hp (which two of are extra skills so the damage dealers could just as easily have the same skills) the damage dealers would easily take down a MOB more efficiently. So why should some one invest more skill points and enchantment slots if it's completely random who gets hit. Another wierd fact in the way the rules work is having MOBs qualify for drops they have to be a certain HP level in relation to the player with the highest HP level. So that means getting those 15 hp from skills at a low level and then going grinding with players of a similar level who haven't gotten those 15 hp could potentially put them in danger. And then if you go grinding with players of a higher level with similar HP but do not own the skill you possibly don't have as much damage and again potentially putting the party in danger. Then again should we use the hate system more?

Hey man. Technically, hate should be used in every private party. And Miaki told you, NIkki was in the hospital or something in the boss battle thread, remember? Anyways, when you are battling, only the person who spawned the monster may roleplay for it. They may do so in their own post or in the next post. The mob attacks whoever has the most hate.

Attacks grant 1 Hate

Criticals grant 2 Hate

Thats how it has always been, yet nobody really seems to follow that..............

Hate is really useful in boss battle threads and I have seen it casually picked up by more users.

It is generally something used by tanks; however we do not have many users who focus their build on tanking.

I think if hate was used in the floor boss fights, that would change