[PP-F1] I Could Use Some Help [Jynx, Warnik] [Completed]

That's alright. Nice try.

I offered kind words before readying for the boar's attack. I know since I was the only one that had managed a hit that it would come towards me instead of Warnik. The boar cut my arm and it flashed a bright red while staying there for a few moments. By the time it had disappeared I was already attacking the animal. Lifting the weapon over my head I slammed down on the animal much like before but with a lot more force. It made a noise out of pain I was assuming when my weapon made contact with its back.

I'm sure you can finish it off Warnik.

Once again I attempted to lift our spirits which I'm sure helped the last time. It was only one more hit and I was positive Warnik had this. The other times were just flukes and if he didn't then there was always the next boar or any other mob.

[Roll] ID 12350 <---> BD 7 <---> CD XX <---> LD XX <---> MD 6

[Party] Jynx 10 HPWarnik 7 HP

[Mobs] Boar 1 <---> 1 HP

[Hate] Jynx 3HateWarnik 0Hate

[Party Loot] XX

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciated that Jynx was trying to make me feel better, but I couldn't help but feel it was a little bit patronizing. Maybe it wasn't fair that I was thinking this, and it was just bad luck that I wound missing this boar with both of my attacks. I was snapped back to reality when the boar attacked the girl in front of me, managing to cause a slight cut on her arm. It didn't look too painful, and she managed to return an attack without much effort.

"I hope so." I replied to her. Truth be told my confidence had faltered a little bit, and I wasn't too sure about trying to strike the animal again. Nevertheless, I went towards the boar and brought up my mace yet again.

As I approached, my mace's head began glowing a bright green colour when I swung my weapon upwards into the boar's side. The attack left a trail the same colour, and the boar was sent sailing into the air, bursting into blue crystals, signifying it's defeat. 

"Ugh, finally!" I groaned as the boar dissipated into the air. I slung the mace onto my shoulder, and looked towards Jynx. I scratched the back of my head, somewhat feeling embarrassed about my performance. I didn't bother saying anything else.

[Roll] ID 12355 <---> BD 10 <---> CD XX <---> LD 10+1 <---> MD XX

[Mobs] Boar 1 <---> -2 HP

[Hate] Jynx 3HateWarnik 0Hate

[Party Loot] 35 col, 1 material

(OOC I hope the loot's right. First time ever putting that down.)

I smiled at Warnik and walked up to him to pat his shoulder.

We did it! I think I know the rest of the way...

I turned my head and scanned the area, squinting a little to see the distance we had left. After turning to Warnik once again I adjusted my glasses and nodded.

Yup we go this way. Wanna fight some more or just hike the rest of the way? To be honest I don't mind because I'm having lots of fun~

There was a little skip in my step as we began walking again of course I waited for Warnik to be by my side again. I kept my weapon out and held it with one hand though the heaviness made my arm strain a bit. Why exactly Warnik showed signs of embarrassment I had no idea because that last swing was pretty good. I wanted to tell him that but kept my mouth shut in fear of saying it in the wrong way.

Are you alright? Having an okay time I mean. I'm not the best at conversation but earlier you said you were entertained... so yeah...

I took a look at Warnik and walked at the same time. The land became a bit more softer under out feet as the terrain became far more like a wetland than before. It was a weird feeling that made me crinkle my nose. What I had said was spoken really fast and I wasn't sure if Warnik understood or not. Now don't get me wrong I was totally confident just extremely excited and the thought of my temporary ally not having fun sort of worried me. First impressions were key and if I wasn't "good enough" then we probably wouldn't meet up again.

(OOC: Our mob's health was 7 so the COL would be 35 instead of 25.)

I watched as the girl approached and gave me a congratulatory pat on the shoulder. I was a little confused, because I was somewhat expecting that she'd make a note on how bad I was doing in that battle back there, because people in the real world loved to criticize. I didn't like slipping up in front of someone, and felt like a bit of an idiot. There was a bit of a scowl on my face, when I turned away from her.

"Yeah, we did." I said in a monotone voice, still lost in my thoughts, and wondering what I could've done better. I was only half paying attention as the girl began pointing out the way to our destination. I nodded, as Jynx continued to talk and walk to me.

"I'm fine with either." I said, but I was more inclined to do the first thing Jynx mentioned. Unless of course I did worse with another boar,and made myself feel worse. I shook my head again banishing the though, and trying to focus on what I was doing right now. Jynx looked back towards me as we walked, and asked a question that broke the awkward silence. The scowl on my face disappeared, and was replaced with a look of confusion and me raising an eyebrow.

"I'm okay. I'm just a little bit disappointed with myself, I suppose." I admitted, as I strapped the mace I was carrying back onto my belt. I tried to imply that I didn't want to talk about it.

"Really, I'm having fun too." I reassured, offering her a smile as we continued walking. I didn't want to ruin her fun, because she looked like she was enjoying herself with the adventure. Maybe it would turn out better later anyway, so I set aside my emotions and continued onward.

Warnik seemed off and it made me feel bad, as if I'd said something wrong or made him feel uncomfortable. I didn't question it at all though. It did make me feel better when he spoke about having fun even if it was a lie I still felt happier. Happier than before that is. The way Warnik spoke about himself made me frown. Nobody should ever feel that way about themselves. Even if I felt that way sometimes I still didn't like it when others did because it just wasn't right.

I'm sorry you're disappointed in yourself even though you shouldn't be. I promise everything will be worth it. At least judging by the pics I saw on the web before the game came out it will be. Hopefully the scenes and reviews match up correctly.

I peered up at the sky and nodded. Yep so far everything seemed correct while I compared both the picture I saw in my head with the look of the view ahead of us. When I moved my head back to its regular position I spotted a lizard near a small patch of water. The water was clear and really pretty. A lizard lazily took drinks of the liquid. I pointed to the monster that was about the size of a large dog.

So you want to take a swing at that?

Jynx's words were kind, and thoughtful. I wasn't accustomed to people trying to make me feel better, because I've been on my own for far too long in both the real world and Sword Art Online. Granted, I don't know how I'd react to how bad people can be either, so maybe I wasn't in a position to complain. I felt a bit awkward since I lied through my teeth earlier about having fun, and probably owed it to Jynx to be more honest. I shrugged, unsure of what to make of this. The promise about this adventure being entirely worth the effort had me intrigued, though. 

"I hope the destination's not too far." I said, as I continued walking with her. When she looked up into the sky, I took in the view with her. The skies were extremely detailed, and you couldn't tell one reality from the other. The blue skies of SAO looked just like the blue skies of the real world.

"I have to admit that this place is pretty... well, pretty for a death game." I said out loud, before Jynx brought my attention back down towards the ground and to a large lizard that was drinking from the crystal clear pond, in front of them.

"Nice pun." I let out a chuckle due to Jynx's wordplay, when she asked if I wanted to take a swing at fighting it. I unstrapped the mace from my belt, took it up in both hands, and swung it around a couple times to let her know that I would follow up with the suggestion. "Right behind you."

It's gorgeous but seriously annoying with all these monsters roaming around and basically taking over the land.

I began to speak about my complaints about Aincrad and the game itself but stopped myself at a reasonable point not wanting to annoy Warnik in any way.

Pun?

I asked with a confused expression, before shaking my head.

Well I wasn't trying to joke around. But thanks. I'll go first if you don't mind.

I rushed towards the boar maybe a little too fast. While swinging the force became to much for myself still running and the weapon pulled me with it, my body slinging forwards and right past the animal. 

Darn. 

A sigh came from me but I still smiled because this was fun. My sandals squished on the wet earth so soaked that I was almost sinking into it. Luckily my stockings had yet to get wet so I was fine for now. The lizard backed away from the watering hole and hissed at me.

Time to get 'em Warnik!

[Roll] ID 12621 <---> BD 5 <---> CD XX <---> LD XX <---> MD XX

[Mobs] Lizard 1 <---> 7 HP

[Hate] Jynx 0HateWarnik 0Hate

[Party Loot] 35 COL, 1 MAT

Turn Order:

Jynx

Warnik

Mob (deals 1 base DMG)

I was a little surprised when Jynx got a little bit confused. I thought it was pretty obvious, but I decided against explaining that I'd actually need to swing my weapon to attack. Puns weren't a popular form of humor, and Jynx was probably another person that didn't like them as much I did. I shrugged, not wanting to annoy her, dropping the poor joke and bringing up my mace again, as she went along and attacked the lizard.

"Right. Let's try to thin their numbers." I said, in response to her telling me to go for it. She was right earlier about there being too many of these monsters around.

I ran on ahead in front of Jynx and swung my mace towards the lizard without success. The lizard deftly dodged the clumsy attack, and I stumbled forward towards the other side of the monster, away from my fellow player.

"Shoot." I grunted, as I righted myself and regained my footing. This monster was a bit slippery, and difficult to hit. Maybe surrounding it would be the best idea, so I stayed on that side of the battle. I braced myself for whatever the lizard would do next.

[Roll] ID 12624 <---> BD 5 <---> CD XX <---> LD XX <---> MD XX

[Party] Jynx 10 HPWarnik 9 HP

[Mobs] Lizard 1 <---> 7 HP

[Hate] Jynx 0HateWarnik 0Hate

We sort of trapped the lizard giving it only one space to go through but it was tight so I'm sure the animal wouldn't try anything. I lifted my axe and managed my first hit on this type of mob. Its tail came clean off and shattered just like anything did in this game when they died. The lizard didn't seem that affected by the action, but then again in real life lizards could simply grow their tails back so I assumed that might just work here to especially since the game was so realistic. Luckily I dealt some damage in the long run. I noticed it tried to take a bit at my feet but I squealed a jumped in time. After giggling at myself, my brown eyes shifted back up to Warnik and gave a friendly gaze. I no longer had to say when it was his turn because he knew now when to go and so did I.

[Roll] ID 12629 <---> BD 8 <---> CD XX <---> LD XX <---> MD 4

[Mobs] Lizard 1 <---> 5 HP

[Hate] Jynx 1HateWarnik 0Hate

Jynx had quickly severed the lizard's tail with a mighty swing of the axe, causing it to explode into blue crystals and dissipate into the air. The monster was still thrashing about and tried to take a little nip, but it seemed that she was fine, and didn't suffer any damage. So far the fight was going great. I shifted my position on the battlefield a bit, and moved closer behind the lizard, getting ready to land a blow of my own.

When Jynx looked up towards me and offered a friendly look, I took that as the go ahead to try to strike next. I lift the mace high above my head, and yelled as I brought it down upon the lizard's head. It was in vain however as the lizard dodged without much effort. It heard the attack coming, and slithered back quickly enough for me to hit nothing but the wet ground in front of it. My mace bounced off the ground due to the force I put behind the swing, causing my arms to rattle lightly enough so it didn't hurt.

"Watch it, Jynx." I said towards my companion, as the lizard continued to focus on her.

[Roll] ID 12632 <---> BD 1 <---> CD XX <---> LD XX <---> MD XX

I nodded to let Warnik know I was listening to him, and grateful for his warning. The lizard lunged at me once again but just in time I dodged and rolled out of the way. While the monster was turned from me I swung my axe with one arm which didn't work. It missed unfortunately. Now Warnik and I were on the same size with the lizard across from us. 

Thanks. 

I flipped my messy hair back so it wouldn't cling to my face like usual but didn't bother with fixing it. Afterwards I spoke to Warnik with a pleased tone.

It has nowhere to go not that I think it would leave now. These monsters are dumb enough to remain in combat even if they have 1 health point.

[Roll] ID 12708 <---> BD 5 <---> CD XX <---> LD XX <---> MD 5

"Right." I said to let her know that I understood. The information Jynx offered would've been nice to know before. I suppose it should've been obvious though, since monsters usually fought until their last breath in these types of games. Once Jynx had rolled out of the way, she gave me the go ahead to have a turn at battling the lizard, I immediately rushed towards the beast and brought my mace up again.

I swung the mace horizontally, managing to bash the lizard's head in to the side, which disorientated it for a while. It wasn't a very strong hit, but it caused enough damage for it to take notice of me. I jumped back towards my companion and got ready for what it would do next. The lizard spat as it looked towards the two of us.

"Got it that time, but it looks a bit angry." I said to Jynx.

[Roll] ID 12709 <---> BD 6 <---> CD XX <---> LD XX <---> MD XX

[Mobs] Lizard 1 <---> 4 HP

[Hate] Jynx 1HateWarnik 1Hate

Oh yeah. I'd be angry too you landed a good hit.

I stuck my tongue out in focus while watching Warnik so I would know or at least have an idea of what to do next. Now it was my turn and I gripped the shaft of my weapon tightly and a little nervously since I didn't know if the attempt would be successful or not. I lifted it over my head diagonally and swiped at the lizard. The swing missed and I staggered forward. I fell forward as I lost my balance which made me an easy target. The lizard, as I regained footing, bit me. I kicked at it and scowled before moving back in place while it scooted back from my reaction.

Darn.

Disappointment flickered in my eyes though my voice was the exact opposite.

[Roll] ID 12710 <---> BD 2 <---> CD XX <---> LD XX <---> MD 7

[Party] Jynx 9 HPWarnik 9 HP

"Whoa, are you okay?" I asked after watching Jynx fall over and stumble unceremoniously, which resulted into a nasty bite from the lizard. It was beginning to be a real nuisance, and this fight was dragging on needlessly long.  After seeing she didn't take much damage, I turned my attention back towards the lizard. The boar that they were fighting earlier wasn't this slippery.

I charged forward with all the might I could muster and tried to get another horizontal hit in. The lizard expertly ducked the attack, causing me to hit nothing but air and spin around in place, due to the force I put behind my attack. After I regained my footing I backed off and put some distance between the two of us.

"Sheesh!" I groaned again, getting a bit annoyed with this monster. It was emotionless in it's expression, but If this thing could talk, I was pretty sure that it would've been laughing at me, and my pitiful attempts to land a hit.

[Roll] ID 12711 <---> BD 4 <---> CD XX <---> LD XX <---> MD XX

I know right!

I complained after hearing Warnik groan now knowing that we both felt the same or at least that's how it seemed. I could tell he was annoyed and I was getting there. 

I'll end this.

I muttered and adjusted my glasses before spinning my battle axe with two hands in front of me careful not to hit Warnik. I stopped the spinning and held it straight out in front of me. The lizard stared at me and made me feel stupid which I bet it was thinking. Wrong. My axe caught the lizard straight in the middle so before dying the animal split in half. There was no gore so it wasn't gross but I still crinkled my nose. The lizard, like its tail, turned to crystals and left the game and lost the battle. I rested my battle axe on my shoulder and gave Warnik one of my occasional thumb up's.

Good job. Now we can finally finish this walk. Ready to see this mystery place?

Once again I fixed my glasses but this time with two hands. I grinned at Warnik and rocked back and forth on my feet in front of him. Then I moved beside him and gave a gentle nudge forward.

We're super close.

[Roll] ID 12732 <---> BD 10 <---> CD XX <---> LD 17 <---> MD 10

[Mobs] Lizard 1 Deceased <---> 0 HP

[Hate] Jynx 3HateWarnik 1Hate

[Party Loot] 70 COL, 2 MATs

I watched the girl give the mightiest swing, I've seen her done yet. I was standing nearby, but the force I felt behind her attack was amazing as the axe was brought down towards the lizard. It was cleaved in half, and I cringed at the thought of being on the business end of Jynx's two-handed battle axe. After the lizard exploded into blue crystals and gave us some col and materials, I walked over to the girl as she offered me a thumbs up.

"That was a nice hit." I said, putting emphasis on nice. I wasn't normally one to compliment others, but in this case it felt necessary. Maybe it was due to the fact that I was getting frustrated earlier with the lizard, and it's uncanny ability to dodge everything thrown at it. I would've given anything for that battle to end. I sighed as I re-strapped the mace to my belt, and Jynx asked if I was ready to see the place we were intending to see.

"Yeah, let's get go-... ooof." My answer was cut off by the girl nudging me in the side, gesturing my to move on forward. I was ready to retaliate and give her a nudge back, but I decided against it, since I didn't know Jynx too well. Things might get a bit too touchy feel-y for my tastes and besides, I was content with this set-up. I simply slumped my arms over my head, and walked close beside her.

"It'd be nice to take a little break, after all that." I admitted. I was feeling a little bit peckish, and tired, after all the travelling and training we did. So a rest stop would be most welcome. "Maybe when we get there, I'll try some of this bread that was given to us in the starter pack."

Oh yeah.

I muttered after Warnik mentioned the bread which reminded her about the starter pack from the beginning of the game.

Me too.

I nodded my head and stared forward again. We were walking on flat ground that remained squishy and never got any more solid or any less solid than it was when we were near the lizard. It was a weird feeling that I didn't like to feel under my feet. The sun made me squint as I was used to have glasses that turn into sunglasses without me doing anything and it seemed in the game that was different unfortunately. Still the star began shining much more brighter in the sky than before. 

A boardwalk that seemed buried into the ground, planks separated far from each other covered by dirt and covered with spots that screamed "splinter hazard". I began following that instead of the dirt path we were following before that seemed to continue ahead. I stepped on each plank instead of the dirt as if the dirt were lava with my arms held out in a childish way but for a second I completely forgot Warnik was there. Continuing my silly game I spotted the dock the boardwalk connected to sticking out into a very, very big lake. The lake was almost an unrealistic color of light and dark blue mixed together. It reflected the trees bordering the edges far away from us, including the sun and dock itself. Every now and then a fish would jump in the air and plop back into the water. My brown eyes sparkled with amusement as I clapped twice.

So much prettier than the lake near my old house... It's bea-u-tiful!

I turned to Warnik.

What do you think?

I continued to follow Jynx closely, as we continued walking through the fields. The ground was somewhat loose, and slippery, so I had to focus my attention downwards, due to nearly slipping and falling a few times. Jynx walked on ahead when we approached an old boardwalk, probably trying to get her feet out of the dirt. Turning my attention up towards her, I quietly watched as she looked to be balancing herself, stepping on the planks of wood in a strange manner. "What is she doing?" I thought to myself, as I shook my head, but not without smiling first. I simply shrugged and kept walking behind her. 

I took in the sights and sounds of the surrounding environment once we had stopped and reached the end of the dock. I leaned against a railing, and looked out onto the sparkly blue lake. It was a nice spectacular view. The bright midday sun up in the sky made it hard to believe that so little time had passed since I began this journey with Jynx. I figured it must have been the battles we had along the way that made the trip seem longer than it should've been. 

"Yeah?" I said in response to Jynx who had spoken up. I nodded quietly to let her know that I was agreeing with her about it being beautiful. The warmth and brightness of the sun were beginning to annoy me a little bit, though. I used a hand to shield my eyes from the sun's rays.

"It's so... bright, and colorful." I replied bluntly. I turned my attention towards the bright blue skies, and let out a soft chuckle. "Makes me wish I brought a cap, or something."

A cap? I never could wear those without them popping off my head. My natural hair's like... this big.

I replied to Warnik who mentioned what I expected were hats. Hat, caps, same difference. After speaking I moved my arms around my head about 1 foot away to exaggerate my big hair. Then I put my arms back down and folded them behind my back.

You're right about this being beautiful. I just knew this would look great. It's better having someone alongside me. Wanna go down there?

Without waiting for a reply I ran down to the end of the dock and got down on my knees. I took a second to adjust my glasses and smooth out my dress to get comfortable before waving to Warnik who I'd left behind. 

"How can anyone have hair that big?" I asked, raising an eyebrow in surprise. It was probably just an exaggeration, but it was still amusing to imagine Jynx's hair puffed out into an afro. Her hand gestures, she used to explain that fact made me smile in response. I turned back around after she spoke, and continued to take in the view of the sparkling blue water of the lake. I briefly wondered if I could take up a fishing profession someday, so I could have an excuse to come back here.

"Seems your hunch was right about this place." I said. I felt content to just stand there and watch the lake for now, but Jynx spoke up, and asked if I wanted to go down to the end of the dock. Before I could answer however, Jynx had already darted off, and was already down there waving in my direction. "She's fast." I thought, before heading down the dock myself. I plopped down with a thud onto the wooden planks. I seated myself close enough beside Jynx so that we could talk, but far enough to respect her personal space 

"I'm feeling pretty bushed." I stated, as I leaned back and propped myself up with my hands. Taking this as an opportunity to relax, I opened up my menu and with a few taps with my index finger, I took some water out of my inventory. A clear bottle phased into existence into my free hand. I took the top off of right away, and began.drinking the cool liquid.