After reading through the update and feedback given by various players Ive decided to weigh in with my two-cents. That being said I'm still fairly new and lack the experience of the staff and some of the experienced players.

First things first I suggest changing the block skill from effecting the MD to a straight mitigation buff. I understand what you guys were trying to do here but for my particular idea to work this is a requirement. So do me a favor and continue reading even if you don't like this idea. Next you remove mitigation and thorns from the light armor traits and replace it with evasion and stealth respectably. Now the whole purpose in making these changes are to give players viable options in their builds, here is what I mean. On one side of the spectrum you have your traditional tank, a player fully clad in heavy armor able to take hits for days. Although this player won't be dodging many attacks, their heavy armor makes up for this by mitigating most of the damage. On the other side of the spectrum you have your traditional rouge/dodge/stealth build. This player will be dodging most incoming attacks, but if an enemy is able to land a blow they are getting trucked. This build also opens the door to evasion tanking, again giving players(mainly tanks) more options about how they want to do business. My guess is that most players will land somewhere in the middle trying to find a happy medium. Leaving the two ends of the spectrum for the tanks and stealthy assassins.

I totally realize this idea would take a lot of testing and time in order to figure out what mitigation and evasion hardcaps would have to be set at. Anyway I'm sure there are more problems with this idea that I'm not seeing. Feedback is encouraged!!!!

The change to Block from evasion to mit sounds good but with it the tank chars would have 2 skills that do the exact same thing( Block and light/heavy armor skill) if that happens i'd sugest something like making the shield go only with heavy armor and changing the heavy armor skill from DMG mit to thorns or other tank-like skill, but then again tanks would have the posibility of 7 thorns, so that would be a no go for now at the low lvl floors where bosses barely have 200 HP.

I think block should stay evasion, it's fine that way. Plus, you can't mitigate a hit to 0 damage, so it becomes redundant at a point. Plus, it's kinda boring to build your entire character with only 1 stat :P

Introducing evasion tanking is a bad idea with the dice system we have.

I think block should stay evasion, it's fine that way. Plus, you can't mitigate a hit to 0 damage, so it becomes redundant at a point. Plus, it's kinda boring to build your entire character with only 1 stat :P

Introducing evasion tanking is a bad idea with the dice system we have.

The problem is that if you keep the system we have now you are going to force players into a cookie cutter premium build. Players shouldn't have to gimp themselves just to create options for themselves. Also you would only be creating a build with one stat if you were trying to build a pure tank. The other option is to allow health enchants on shields or heavy armor. Allowing tanks to stack health and mitigation. As for evasion tanking, although with the dice system it could be risky, it should be up to the player to decide how they want to play, and if they want to go that route and the stats support they should have the freedom to do so.

The problem is that if you keep the system we have now you are going to force players into a cookie cutter premium build. Players shouldn't have to gimp themselves just to create options for themselves. Also you would only be creating a build with one stat if you were trying to build a pure tank. The other option is to allow health enchants on shields or heavy armor. Allowing tanks to stack health and mitigation. As for evasion tanking, although with the dice system it could be risky, it should be up to the player to decide how they want to play, and if they want to go that route and the stats support they should have the freedom to do so.

The problem with evasion tanking is using a d10 system. Mathematically it doesn't balance out. The sweet spot is allowing for some evasion, and some mitigation. However, mathematically, if we were to allow evasion tanking the averages would work out that mitigation tanking would be useless. If we had a larger range of numbers, and more variable hit amounts, then that could be different. However, the hardest thing in any MMORPG is balancing evasion vs mitigation tanking. It is an extreme tightrope walk that even Blizzard can't figure out. I know, I used to be a main tankadin for a progression raid guild, and I had the spreadsheets to prove it. Hitting uncrushable was such a big day for me ^_^ However, the system we have here is meant to be as simple as possible, and just isn't deep enough to allow something like what you're suggesting.

The problem with evasion tanking is using a d10 system. Mathematically it doesn't balance out. The sweet spot is allowing for some evasion, and some mitigation. However, mathematically, if we were to allow evasion tanking the averages would work out that mitigation tanking would be useless. If we had a larger range of numbers, and more variable hit amounts, then that could be different. However, the hardest thing in any MMORPG is balancing evasion vs mitigation tanking. It is an extreme tightrope walk that even Blizzard can't figure out. I know, I used to be a main tankadin for a progression raid guild, and I had the spreadsheets to prove it. Hitting uncrushable was such a big day for me ^_^ However, the system we have here is meant to be as simple as possible, and just isn't deep enough to allow something like what you're suggesting.

What your saying makes since, that being said, what we have now isn't ideal either. If your anything but a heavy armor sword and shield weilding character you are handicapping yourself in exchange for being able to play the way you want. The system needs to be balanced some way.